Please Dev Response: Chaos of Lyssa

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Naglifar.1684

Naglifar.1684

I got the feeling the hunt for the new Chaos of Lyssa is turning out to be another “Final Rest run around”…

Developers mentioned the item was obtainable from a ‘Large Boss Chest’, yet no one in the game ever managed to actually get the item…that is until they patched the Shadow Behemoth loot table. Pre-patch 0 final rest were obtained by players, after patch—the item is now regularly obtained as a rare drop from the Meta event in Queensdale.

Like this scenario, the new item Chaos of Lyssa is another mystery item that has once again brought up the question of a possible ‘bugged’ loot table.

It has now been 2 days since the patch and currently there has only been a single Recipe for Chaos of Lyssa posted on the trading post.

Lets make a list of players who have recorded opening Gauntlet Chances (the loot bag which is stated to very rarely drop the item):

Skady.5916 has opened 700+ Gauntlet Chances
hyman.7526 has opened 200+ Gauntlet Chances
Harbinger.8637 has opened 500+ Gauntlet Chances
shiven.1892 has opened 250+ Gauntlet Chances
Groonzie from reddit has opened 100+ Gauntlet Chances
VinceAutMorire from reddit has opened 600+ Gauntlet Chances

That is over 2000 Gauntlet Chances opened and 0 recipes.

The few player who have reported the item drop for them:

Zenom.1394
Papadoplas.6542

Have both mentioned they got it on the first few bags.

So Anet…

Why are there not more recipes listed on the trading post 2 days after the patch?
Why do some players get the item easily, while many others cannot?
Why has there never been any other item in the game that drops so randomly?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

2k bags is such a small sample size. RNG is RNG. Just because the drop rates are low, doesn’t make it broken.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

The recipe seems genuinely rare. Devs never admit to stumbling, expect low drop rates to persist and reintroduce recipe elsewhere later.

Naglifar.1684

the point of listing the players and there reports was intended to contrast the few players who picked up the recipe after a few tries.

the fact that there has only been 1 recorded TP transaction is grounds enough for a broken loot table.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Broken loot table, or a lot of “the sky is falling”?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Add me with almost 700 opened bags and a friend of mine who opened about 500 too. Both of us got nothing at all, not even a Favor of the Pavillon.

The drop rate for the items inside the Chances can’t be right, seeing that the only chance to get them (especially the backpiece-recipe) is during this event which will probably stay between two to four weeks.
All the other drops which can be gained by opening the Chances have horrendously low chances too.

Naglifar.1684

Smooth Penguin if you want to make an argument that is fine, but at least have some credible points. Unless you can do that you are just flaming a discussion that has brought up valid points.

Are there any other items that can be traded that have left so little evidence? If you can I’d be happy to delete this post.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

The few player who have reported the item drop for them … havee both mentioned they got it on the first few bags.

So Anet…

Why do some players get the item easily, while many others cannot?

The answer for this is really simple.
For each player that has invested a big amount of tickets trying to get something there are TONS of players that have spent a small amount of tickets completing the achievements or just replaying the easy fights on a daily basis for tokens.
If one out of 10k bags has a recipe (it’s probably lower than this :P) and you have a single player spedning 1k tickets and another 900 casual ones spending just 10 each, the recipe will go to one of the casuals 90% of the time.

That’s how lottery works. It doesn’t matter if someone amasses insane amounts of tickets, the big prize is likely to go for a lucky guy (one among thousands) that just had a few of them.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Rarity is fair enough, but should it be THIS rare? That’s probably the question we should be asking. This is a recipe that creates an Account Bound item; it’s not something that can be resold for profit. There are likely to be a lot of players who want this specific look, but are prohibited from getting it. Wouldn’t it be better to make the recipe more widely available so more gold and materials are soaked up in its construction, rather than having just a few recipes worth thousands of gold that are likely to not move for a long time due to its price?

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

This is absolutely ridiculous. There are no recipes on the TP AND the 3 buy orders of 1150g have not even been touched, so you know that people getting them aren’t selling to buy orders.

It’s like they’re practically nonexistent.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin if you want to make an argument that is fine, but at least have some credible points. Unless you can do that you are just flaming a discussion that has brought up valid points.

Are there any other items that can be traded that have left so little evidence? If you can I’d be happy to delete this post.

OR you can understand that RNG stands for Random Number Generator. I think that’s the most credible point of this entire thread. This is another way of saying “luck” or “chance”. So while you may not like the chance you’re given, we all have to live with it.

The chance of getting this could have been set extremely low. Your argument is along the lines with Precursor forging. Low rates don’t mean it’s broken. It’s like going to Vegas, and complaining that the slot machine isn’t paying you out.

That said, with enough complaints, Anet may very well fix the rate if they feel they made it too low. I’ll reserve judgement until they come out and officially say the drop rates are broken.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

guys I have opened 1300+ bags so far and only got 2 Favors of Pavilion.

I estimate the total number of gauntlet chances obtained by community as a few millions with only 2-5 recipes existing in game to date. So the chance should be 1/1mln roughly (maybe a few degrees less).

I got a response from support team that item is currently “working as intended” and no comments from devs on forums.

This is kinda ridiculous but let it be i guess

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I suppose the could keep the rate the same just add it somewhere else as a drop. Why is it the only new thing added that you cannot get with the event currency?

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

There have at least 3 chaos of lyssa recipes dropped already. I have seen two different youtube videos and that 1 tp transaction. So, it is dropping but at precursor level rarity.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Did another 200 tonight, and no luck at all. Just tokens, guess I’ll try again tomorrow night.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It is best to ignore him.

The droprate does seem ridiculous. I think I will save the bags I get from the gauntlet and wait to see if Anet patches it.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

How do you get so many Gauntlet Chances?
Isn’t it one per boss kill in QG, or is there a place that rewards them I’ve not picked up on?

People translate 1 Ticket to 1 Chance by repeatedly killing Halmi?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

(edited by Dondarrion.2748)

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Gambles = 1 ticket per gamble.

Still, the numbers are already astronomical lol

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’m at 850 now and just got my first drop; a Favor of the Pavillon. While I’m glad that I at least got SOMETHING out of it, the drop rates are still atrocious.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

How do you get so many Gauntlet Chances?
Isn’t it one per boss kill in QG, or is there a place that rewards them I’ve not picked up on?

People translate 1 Ticket to 1 Chance by repeatedly killing Halmi?

What I do is;

Full zerker dps builds.
Play at off hours, so you don’t have to wait.
Halmi with three gambits. This will give you four chances per kill, easiest gambits I found are cripple, burning, and bleeding.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Naglifar.1684

To quickly convert tickets > chances:

Use this Mesmer Greatsword build

Get all the Gambets EXCEPT Hamstring
you should have 5 gambits:
- Crowd Favorite
- Exhausted
- Frailty
- On Fire
- Squeamish

Challenge Masticus

Run around collecting the Bonus Damage Orbs and continually cast your Phantasmal Berserker (GS4) on Masticus.

Once 3 Phantasms are up they should keep both Masticus and the Quaggon (Crowd Favorite Gambit) permanently crippled.

The Quaggon dies first, as the Berserkers will cleave and hit and cripple both targets.

Use blink to make space or gather orbs.
IF you happen to be hit by Masticus he can cripple you. Don’t panic, just use Null Field and keep running towards the next orb.

You should get 5 chances every round. With Zerker exotics and ascended trinkets I usually finish before 1min remaining.

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

For quick ticket to bag conversion, I use dual sword condition warrior with all gambits except crowd favorite, against Halmi.

trait : 66200, spec deep cut and anything that traits sword. also sure-footed for extended stance duration.
gear: condition spec obviously. also condition food such as koi cake and toxic focusing crystal.
Heal: Defiance Stance.
utility : enduring pain, bull’s charge, others is up to you. elite skill should be rage signet.

Hit rage signet, start out with longbow to get his attention, he will always leap to you. switch to s/s, put torment on him and hack away. make sure you are always hugging him because your speed is crippled due to the hamstring gambit. when he charges up you can either walk through him to avoid his frontal aoe, use sword #5 to block or use defiance stance/enduring pain.

Use F1 after you avoided his charged attack.
He hits pretty hard, i would use defiance stance only when you are about 4-5k health.

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

I saved around 200 tickets from last year and spent 99% of them on 4 gambits against the first tier’s first boss, hammerfell or whatever. I also got around 100 tickets by just doing events and whatnot.

In total I think I’ve gotten around 250-300 gauntlet chances. I still have around 100 in my bags since it’s pretty obvious this is bugged and they won’t give our used gauntlet chances back after the change.

Oh, and the loot from the gauntlet chances for me were the same they were for everyone: 1 single festival token.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

400+ 1 favor is my reward so far.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

300 chances: zip. Facetanked that t2 first boss with my ranger on 4 gambits. Goes down in 20 secs, rince and repeat. If you don’t have to wait for others, that’s about 10 chances per minute.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

2k bags is such a small sample size. RNG is RNG. Just because the drop rates are low, doesn’t make it broken.

2k is a large sample size and lets you savely assume, that the chance is below 0,1% get one

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.