Did another 500(well over 2000 now):

• 1 favor
  • rest tokens

:/

Recipe: Chaos of Lyssa drop rate

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

1 favor out of 500 Chances. Guess I should have checked forums on the drop rates before hand. Hah.

Any idea if the Chances are different if gotten from t3 boss or t1 boss?

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

1 favor out of 500 Chances. Guess I should have checked forums on the drop rates before hand. Hah.

they stack so i don’t think they’re any different.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

then they ought to have behaved as oddly as those non-stacking champ bags of the same quality. I think the Gauntlet Chance are equal odds regardless of tier of boss.

I never understand why two exotic Embroidered Saddle Bags won’t stack, because they contain more or less the same when I open them… green stuff lvl 80 plus skill scrolls…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Mskapaa.6214

Mskapaa.6214

Yep after 700+ Chances… Nothing but 2 favors… I really want that back piece but I will not buy a recipe worth 1k gold… Just ridiculous. The Light of Dwayna looks just as fancy if not fancier than Chaos of Lyssa. I don’t understand.

(edited by Mskapaa.6214)

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

It’s a bug… just like Final Rest. Sadly Queen’s Gauntlet is temporary, while Shadow Behemoth is permanent, so chances we get the bug fix in time are slim… or?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

HOW has nobody from A-net commended on this yet!?

\o/

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Just shy of a thousand chances opened and only one favor of the pavillion, the rest were tickets.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

HOW has nobody from A-net commended on this yet!?

they talked about it in the livestream, specifically that they are always looking at the data. Whether or not they see it as an issue is unknown.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The drop rate is higher the more gambits you have on the boss. So if you’re killing the first boss with no gambits over and over your chance will be much smaller.

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

The drop rate is higher the more gambits you have on the boss. So if you’re killing the first boss with no gambits over and over your chance will be much smaller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wuQlmJYlsU

I sincerly doubt it increases the droprate of the recipe since the Gauntlet Chance is an item with a single ID, meaning a single drop table (easy to see since they stack). You just get more of that item if you use gambits. The ratio is still 1 chance per ticket.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Can’t find the minute where they say that :o

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I think it isn’t that the chances will change but the amount of rolls you get per unit of time will change. Meaning if you do bosses with no gambits then your rate will be low since you are just getting 1 per kill. While doing say 4 gambit which takes almost the same amount of time you get 5 bags per kill. So you are getting 5 rolls versus 1 roll for the same amount of effort and time. I don’t think they are saying drop rates are different since the item is the same but the chances of you getting something good is slightly higher when you have more gambit because for the same amount of time and effort you get more rolls. This doesn’t mean that the chaos of lyssa recipe drop rate is decent it is still kitten.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I somehow doubt that the people who have opened a thousand of these things or more don’t know about the “gambit trick”.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

almost 5000 bags still no recipe. im killing Deadeye w/ 4 gambits super fast on my thief.

Edit: This is truely chaos, if u know what i mean.

R.I.P Kumu <3

(edited by Flash.6912)

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

How the heck did you get 5000 gauntlet tickets?

Posted by: ESCUDO.8397

ESCUDO.8397

1250~ Bags

7 Favors

Flash.6912

How the heck did you get 5000 gauntlet tickets?

TTS baby

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Final Rest Redux. Probably a good idea to not open any bags until the issue is addressed (or until it’s clear it will never be addressed).

Posted by: HellsWings.7896

HellsWings.7896

Another one is up on the TP for 2.5k gold again…

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

They should have just sold to the highest buy order of 1500 imo. I would be scared of a patch and being out that listing fee.

Posted by: FurySong.6348

FurySong.6348

Since it’s memorial day today, and the Anet staff may have today off, I can understand silence and no hotfixes. Crossing fingers that something changes tomorrow, otherwise, I think Anet has had enough time in the last few days to choose whether or not they think this needs to be fixed, and I’m scared of the prospect of them thinking that this is okay.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

After 500+ runs without any drops and a bit of bitterness, I would appreciate some feedback from an ANET dev on this subject but I wanted to ask to any passerby developers that can explain to me why the drop rate for this recipe is so low?

There have been buy orders of upwards 600+g in the last two days and they haven’t been filled. I do not know if this is intended but this doesn’t follow the latest trend that Shadow of Grenth and Light of Dwayna has followed; those recipes were rare, yes, but they’re cheap, and the reason is because they were dropped from readily accessible presents last Wintersday.

The problem I feel is that since tickets and tokens are much more harder to come by, the Queen’s Gauntlet isn’t often run. But when it is farmed, not only are you spending money and receiving one token in return, but you’re also not getting anything else. No coins to make up for the money loss, no sprockets to trade in for more tickets, no nothing.

Compounding the problem that the Chaos of Lyssa recipe is so horribly low in drop rate that I can’t understand why this would be intentional. If I wanted to go further, the backpiece itself takes 15 days to make(and 50g) or you can make it in one day with 250g instead. Whichever you choose, it’s still expensive to make.

That backpiece would only appeal to a niche amount of players anyways just like the previous two god backpieces, so why is this one so special? I ask again, is this intended?

The buy order is 1500g now lol

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Another one is up on the TP for 2.5k gold again…

lol it’s gone already

Are you Shpongled?

Flash.6912

someone quick send me 3000g for the next one on TP fast!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its a bug probably, yet it’s so ugly i m not even mad.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I wouldn’t mind it being super rare is the content wasn’t temporary.
Or if gauntlet tickets dropped as a reward from doing the gauntlet.
Or if gauntlet had a fairly decent reward instead of one (1!) token in the chance bag. I guess they were scared of deadeye redux.

Maybe they should add a bunch of “chance” bags to the daily chest when you finish a boss for the first time a day then it can’t be farmed as easily, idk. Then it would encourage people to run the whole gauntlet every day if they can rather than farm deadeye over and over.

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

After 500+ runs without any drops and a bit of bitterness, I would appreciate some feedback from an ANET dev on this subject but I wanted to ask to any passerby developers that can explain to me why the drop rate for this recipe is so low?

There have been buy orders of upwards 600+g in the last two days and they haven’t been filled. I do not know if this is intended but this doesn’t follow the latest trend that Shadow of Grenth and Light of Dwayna has followed; those recipes were rare, yes, but they’re cheap, and the reason is because they were dropped from readily accessible presents last Wintersday.

The problem I feel is that since tickets and tokens are much more harder to come by, the Queen’s Gauntlet isn’t often run. But when it is farmed, not only are you spending money and receiving one token in return, but you’re also not getting anything else. No coins to make up for the money loss, no sprockets to trade in for more tickets, no nothing.

Compounding the problem that the Chaos of Lyssa recipe is so horribly low in drop rate that I can’t understand why this would be intentional. If I wanted to go further, the backpiece itself takes 15 days to make(and 50g) or you can make it in one day with 250g instead. Whichever you choose, it’s still expensive to make.

That backpiece would only appeal to a niche amount of players anyways just like the previous two god backpieces, so why is this one so special? I ask again, is this intended?

The reason why a high-end item was introduced is so that they could spur gem sales (to buy gold, and then the recipe from the TP). Anet will probably make it easier to obtain through actual game play rather than a credit card transaction after NCsoft has gotten their cut of gem sales.

Posted by: ESCUDO.8397

ESCUDO.8397

The reason why a high-end item was introduced is so that they could spur gem sales (to buy gold, and then the recipe from the TP). Anet will probably make it easier to obtain through actual game play rather than a credit card transaction after NCsoft has gotten their cut of gem sales.

That doesn’t make much sense, even if that was by any chance the idea, because, for peopel to buy it, it has to drop first, if there’s no supply what’s the point of buying gems and convert them to gold?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

This is what it looks like, Drax:

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/237988/module_gallery/original/1829969.jpg

It’s gorgeous, and it’s the first backpiece that’s been added since the Fervid Censer that I really love and need to have.

So the drop rate for it is extremely frustrating, especially considering how common the recipes for Dwayna and Grenth are, and how (relatively) easy Balthazar is to obtain.

I gave less than a crap about Grenth’s and Dwayna’s back pieces when they came out, but I bought the recipes with more gold than I could afford because I didn’t want to have to run Fractals all my life in order to get ascended back armor. I’ve been wanting a Lyssa item of any sort since >>GW1<<, and outside of two ridiculously expensive pistols, this is it. And this is far better.

So you can tell this really rustles my jimmies

Posted by: FurySong.6348

FurySong.6348

Buy order at 2500g.
Anet, there needs to be a compromise. Some kind of compromise that actually makes us work for it at least, because as it stands no one here can make 2500g in an honest amount of time before the events end.

Posted by: puny.1450

puny.1450

No word from Anet about it is more annoying than the drop rate itself..

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

only about 300 opened here and 298 tokens + two Favors of the Pavilion..

The lack of response to this (this topic alone has over 9000 views so people are INTERESTED in the answer) is concerning..

specifically when a “Taimi is Cute” thread gets 7 replies from Anet..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Farmed like crazy yesterday to bring my grand total of wasted tickets to 6750.

Got 4 Favors out of ~300 chances, which was odd, but other than that…nothing.

Doubt I’ll waste anymore time/gold on this unless it’s fixed. The double farm, in addition to money sink, is just downright silly. Couple that with rng and you’ve got a horrible experience.

Gratz to those who are making bank off it though!

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Still nothing from anet???

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

It’s funny that someone wrote about the Chaos of Lyssa on another thread and a dev told him to write in another thread or to open one if there’s not a thread on that issue… seriously? there have been several… are they playing dumb?

Edit: It’s also true that that he was not related to the items drop rate issue, I think he worked on the lore of the game so he couldn’t say anything on the Chaos of Lyssa issue… but still, they follow the forum and they know if several thread appear on the same problem.

(edited by Lolindir.3518)

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

This is hilarious. How anet can deem this an appropriate drop rate is beyond mortal comprehension. For god’s sake, there were tens of thousands of shadows of grenth, but there may not even be 10(!) total chaos of lyssa in existence. But I wouldn’t be surprised if all of a sudden one day they start dropping like candy with anet claiming it was always that way (like final rest).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

Another 2000 Chances opened. On the bright side I have 2000 more festival tokens now….

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet probably had an estimate for how many people would be doing the Gauntlet and set the drop rate from that estimate.

Could it be that the Gauntlet is far less popular than Anet expected, making that drop rate too low for the amount of activity the Gauntlet is actually seeing?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’s almost as if ANet is purposefully engineering these absurd costs in order to push players into buying gems and selling them for gold but surely that’s just the tin foil talking?

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

I actually think the drop rate was set similar to the previous ascended recipes – however, those were far easier to obtain as the gifts dropped across the whole patch not just one part of it.

At this point I’d rather they put the skin on the gem store and be done with it. I’d rather grind out 60g for gems through other means than repeatedly farming tickets to kill Halmi over and over again wasting time…perhaps this is our penance for last years Deadeye farmers?

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

This is really frustrating. This is the only back piece in the game that I actually really like, yet no one can’t get it. Like people say, it’s just another Final Rest moment. One day (if ever) they’ll just fix the drop rate so everyone and their mother will get it, and never talk about it, they’ll be like “Oh see the item was there all the time. meh”. What really bugs me is that there hasn’t been a word on it. If they say “Hey we’re looking into it/ working on a fix” I wouldn’t care, but come on. I feel there is always lack of communication on what things that really matter.

(edited by SkinnyT.5382)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Anet’s answer would most likely be: "Don’t worry u can just buy gems, convert them into gold and get it! Working as intended. Ps it’s temporary u should hurry!!! <3 "

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

Anet probably had an estimate for how many people would be doing the Gauntlet and set the drop rate from that estimate.

Could it be that the Gauntlet is far less popular than Anet expected, making that drop rate too low for the amount of activity the Gauntlet is actually seeing?

That could be a possibility. I remember last year having to wait most of the time if you wanted to play it, yet this year is empty almost the whole day, even Sundays. The most you ever wait now is like 1 or 2 fights in front of you, and that’s IF you don’t want to walk to another one that’s probably empty. Another reason why people are not doing it is because farming the pavilion is also no where as easy/fun as last year. This years it needs a lot (in terms of gaming) of organization to get a gold rating on the bosses. Not to mention it cost money to simply activate them. If you’re not getting tickets why the hell would you go up there? I mean you loose a lot there, let’s be frank here.
Never the less, even if that was the case we can’t ignore the fact that now it is a problem, and that it needs to be addressed. If the drop rate was set on a prediction, it should also be adjusted to the reality. And also I’m not a game designer I don’t know codes or anything, but wouldn’t an increase in drop rate simply be a matter of a couple number changes? Would it be bad to simply increase, and watch it on the Trading Post and then adjust it if necessary? The patches for that, in my mind at least, would be very small/simple, and barely noticeable.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Chaos of Lyssa, the first item wich got in gw2 with a rediculous drop rate, precursor like but in a meta event. FINALLY Anet is giving this game and people some exclusivity.

Too bad i had that with liadri mini BEFORE the nerf and now its too easy, so not even worth mentioning.

Only shame is that this is pure RNG, so eventually itll go to the hands who has the most gold or actuall cash converted to gems to gold since its not account bound.

We need more UNOBTAINABLE skins guys, you really all wanna look exacly the same? Enough armor skins you say? so why is almost 50% of the people with over 5k AP wearing a light of dwayna? or why is every rich warrior wearing the exact same ‘legendaries’?

We need more skins that are actually super duper rare. Eventually everyone will have 1 of those super duper rare skins regardless of value, since theyve played the game long enough. But instead of all wearing the exact same skin, itll be all sorts of skins and cool types of armor youve never seen before or always wanted.

As it stands now they are adding more and more ‘expensive’ skins to achieve this goal and im happy with that. Now all they have to do is wrap around a good storyline about the next elder dragon with a quest where you have to travel all over tyria for so you eventually get to a new area wich you go to ONLY after youve done this quest wich tells you the lore about the dragons and such wich immerse you in it. With a one time after kill:“pick the weapon skin you want from these super ultra legendary various types of staff skins all sorted with there own cool super awesome effects etc, but only once in your entire characters carreer you can do this so choose wisely since its permanent.” sort of thing. This would mean exclusivity by achieving. Anyone will eventually reach it since its permanent, but since there is a ton of different skins and you can only pick one it will keep its ‘skin’ value.

Also this would be a quest where you would actually choose what role you want in the gw2 universe (with a title variation on wich path you take)

(my personal experience in gw1 when ascending to unlock new areas IT WAS AWESOME)

Also make it a bossfight worthy of an elder dragon where you need a well equipped coordinated party AFTER defeating another contender party in a PvP type match where you get to choose the skin if you achieve the goal and if you fail you get some sort of token so you can still farm your way towards it if your not that good. (with a foolproof PvP match before everytime so ppl cant just /suicide and redo it)

Sorry ranting on, I love the new exclusivity of skins, RNG not so much.

Agree……

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

so eventually itll go to the hands who has the most gold or actuall cash converted to gems to gold since its not account bound.

That’s touching on whats becoming something of an issue for myself because its become an ANet mantra.

Precursors are in the exact situation. Multiple legendary holders ARE NOT people that play the game a lot or even play well for that matter. They’re held by people who are good with spreadsheets or (and most importantly) trade gems for gold.

It’s nothing to do with skill or even meaningful progression.

It makes the game feel shallow, unless your the kind of person that enjoys going afk in LA price gouging with a bunch of spreadsheets in front of you.

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

Opened another 1,036 gauntlet chances.

1 favor of the pavilion
1 Toxic Spore back skin
1 Monocle (light)

Posted by: insomniaproject.1348

insomniaproject.1348

it is funny that the recipy is more worth then the 7th lowest priced legendaries
in other words if you are lucky you can buy your self a legendary with it wonderfull, if it was an acutally legendary i would say the drop rates are fair but ehmm ok a back Piece recipy o.O?

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am starting to doubt it will be changed. I would think something would have happened by now. I wonder though if maybe another way to get it will be added at a later date or maybe next year when the event comes around again.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

At this point I also think that this rarity is intended and this is probably gonna be first of a kind item

In other words: rich people will probably get more exclusive skins is the future

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda