Rewards are buffed

Rewards are buffed

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Now that’s a bit more like it. T6 mats vendor is really nice, and more champ bags too.

I guess you really were looking at your “metrics”?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

No no they weren’t buffed. It was a bug lololol :P

Love how fixing a mistake = bug fix now lmao

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I don’t think it’ll bring players back. Too little too late imo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Read the patchnotes Curtoky. It’s not about the Gauntlet Chances, it’s about the festival tokens and the boss blitz.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Looks like they do listen.

Its an adjustment, not a bug fix.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

Yup, some “bug” fixes…Buffing rewards, adding things that are slightly QoL, yet ignoring the near nonexistent drop rate of Chaos recipe or how bizarre Lightning Pull is acting for people; Good “quality” work on your patches guys

Rewards are buffed

CuRtoKy.8576

It was a joke :<

I’m saying for the notes they have it all under “Bug Fixes”

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It was a joke :<

I’m saying for the notes they have it all under “Bug Fixes”

Oh ok, sorry. Too much forum time…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Rewards are buffed

CuRtoKy.8576

Read the patchnotes Curtoky. It’s not about the Gauntlet Chances, it’s about the festival tokens and the boss blitz.

Yeah which I doubt was a bug fix. More like they realized how bad the events were and that people stop doing them so they upped the rewards. But called it as a bug fix is just plain funny

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Rewards have gone up from garbage to mediocre. GG anet!

Rewards are buffed

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Maybe not to the Pavilion, but there are plenty of ways to get tokens.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

Even if people just zerg the bosses and take forever at it, they’re going to get a champ bag for each. That’s not bad. Regular loot would be nice, but with t6 mats being available for tokens, and with the number of tokens increased, it’s a fair tradeoff.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

….kitten people really are some entitled brats. They improve drops for the MINIMAL effort required to do the event and you still got the nerve to say something as stupid as too little too late. Jesus christ.

Maybe it’s a minimal effort for someone who doesn’t contribute much, but in any case it takes a long time to do the blitz event. Most of us have other games (or parts of GW2) to play if the festival content is just a waste of time. Seeing as to how the festival zones are becoming empty faster than any other update I’ve seen, it looks like people are exercising their options. The content now sucks slightly less, which is better than nothing, but it’s correct to say that this will not compel many people to return. I don’t think I’m alone in having 100+ games in my Steam backlog, and I don’t need to see repeating content with nerfed rewards.

Environmentalism is not a basis for game design.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

It’s an improvement, but mobs should drop loot. Even in the LA instance at least they dropped bags. The bags may have had bad drop rates, but it was better than nothing.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Stampede.5308

Stampede.5308

Useless change. Who cares droppin 6 – 10 bags in a mass event like this? The worst reward in all the gw2 history.
I’d like to know WHY, devs take a great and appreciated event like the old CROWN PAVILION and change it to this kitten. No drops and YOU HAVE TO PAY for the main event. And the main event have very poor drops.
Please, give us back the old, good, rewarding crown pavilion.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It’s an improvement, and I suppose all we can expect form a panic-patch, but I hope when designing future content they do a better job with it, if they feel a desire to force a zerg to split, they need to do a better job of keeping the player informed as to how many players a specific area needs and how many they have, so we aren’t left fumbling to figure it out for ourselves.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

It’s an improvement, and I suppose all we can expect form a panic-patch, but I hope when designing future content they do a better job with it, if they feel a desire to force a zerg to split, they need to do a better job of keeping the player informed as to how many players a specific area needs and how many they have, so we aren’t left fumbling to figure it out for ourselves.

This. The base reward scheme wasn’t so bad (not great either, but whatever), it was the complete lack of decent in game coordination tools and feedback.

The event as is still relies too much on external coordination tools to complete efficiently. Can it be done? Sure. Will most players feel up to the effort based on the reward? Well, the last few days spoke pretty loudly for that.

Upping the rewards was one way to bandaid it; but the core issue still remains- event UI design not being comprehensive enough to allow for easy coordination without using external tools.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I tried popping in to the pavilion, didn’t see any change, so I went back to the Bazaar where rewards are more consistent. Yeah, 80-90 tokens an hour isn’t much, but it is still better than the pavilion where you might not (probably won’t) even get that. And you can do other things while waiting for events to start. 15 min is just about right for a pug dungeon run, or you can do something outside of the game. Boss blitz just takes way too long if you dont get a good instance (ie every instance I have been in).

I’ll keep checking every day until I run out of gauntlet tickets (do easy bosses for daily chests), something that will happen sooner than expected due to the only “free” source of these tickets being the Boss Blitz.

(edited by Lalocat.6793)

Rewards are buffed

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Too funny. I just logged into the Pavilion to maybe grab a few tokens and give this whole thing a second chance. There’s nobody there.

Anet, you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Rewards are buffed

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Too funny. I just logged into the Pavilion to maybe grab a few tokens and give this whole thing a second chance. There’s nobody there.

Actually, I found four different megaservers today which coordinated gold runs and managed to usually do it, with the occasional silver reward in between.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I just tried three different ones and they were all empty. The Spanish one was sort of trying but they didn’t have the people.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

You must of been in a poor megaserver instance cos honestly since the recent patch today I have seen a marked increase in activity….. I wonder why???

Having grown weary of trying to beat Liadri with dem gambits for an hour I decided to jump downstairs and go give Blitz one run through…. I needed a couple of centaurs anyway so figured I needed to change the scenery for 30mins (about all I cud stomach previously with Blitz and I saw it as a poor use of my time.. .. but something was definitely different….. the instance was continually full, in fact a guildie in my party tried for almost an hour to get into without success.
The instance was finally well organised (credit to those 6 tags for coordinating excellently) and 15 gold bags and a couple of silvers for my time was a much better outcome, more importantly to me was the fact that the bosses were a lot more fun when not being smacked on by 50 people at once…. maybe the reduced amount of particle effects and bright flashing lights normally filling the screen from the 50man zerg were to blame for me actually enjoying it

Loot increase was fine but not the main issue.. finally the event became fun and I am sure the QD lootless ones will once again be able to find some solace in the farming opportunity now out there

I never did make it back to Liadri … not sure I will bother now – dem gambits!!

Rewards are buffed

Ohoni.6057

Actually, I found four different megaservers today which coordinated gold runs and managed to usually do it, with the occasional silver reward in between.

ANet really needs to explain the alchemy involved in some players reporting that they always" manage to find servers where the Boss Blitz just goes off without a hitch and everyone does everything right, while the rest of us are always stuck with servers where nobody has a clue and it all goes south. What is going on there?

done by now.”

Rewards are buffed

NovaanVerdiano.6174

ANet really needs to explain the alchemy involved in some players reporting that they always" manage to find servers where the Boss Blitz just goes off without a hitch and everyone does everything right, while the rest of us are always stuck with servers where nobody has a clue and it all goes south. What is going on there?

I can explain that with a single word: Megaservers.
Also, organised guilds happen to search for empty megaservers and fill them, so you often don’t have that much time to even get onto them.
For example, two days ago I stood afk in an rather empty pavillon and when I came back I saw that TXS went for gold runs there.

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

1_Ask for 6 commander tag’s in lfg/friend list , 2_grab a free Ts server ,3_Link it on map chat,4_hf and gl.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

I can explain that with a single word: Megaservers.
Also, organised guilds happen to search for empty megaservers and fill them, so you often don’t have that much time to even get onto them.
For example, two days ago I stood afk in an rather empty pavillon and when I came back I saw that TXS went for gold runs there.

We organaize in 1-2-3 megazerver’s sometime’s .Depend’s if the pug’s want to coooooooperate instead of bearbowing and going afk ^ , if we see this sort of behavior we just leave the map ^^.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Rewards are buffed

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Throwing extra rewards in still doesn’t make it more enjoyable.

Rewards are buffed

Ohoni.6057

There needs to be a better way. One that just works without the set-up hassles.

done by now.”