Salazan - best build for necro?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Lommy.9163

Lommy.9163

I know necro isn’t popular, but I’ve been struggling to take this guy down (yes I’m a terrible player). Currently on a rabid condition build. Is it worth trying another spec?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If I remember correctly, I simply killed him with Dagger/Focus and Staff with berserker-gear back in August. I’d prolly need to take another look at him though.

Posted by: Lommy.9163

Lommy.9163

Panic over – I did it first time using staff. Thanks

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You’re welcome.

Actually, Necro is quite good for most encounters inside the Gauntlet, so try around a bit if you struggle.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Relatively easy with staff, yes. Can also send minions after him, like every other boss in the gauntlet he will ignore them so they survive better than you might expect.

My necro is parked in the pavilion for the daily boss chests, most of the fights can be facerolled with a minion build.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

I think I beat all the gauntlets with my Condi necro. But try staff with Scepter/Dagger off.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Honestly, I did every gauntlet champion on my necro, and I beat most of them on the first or second try. Necro works pretty well on all the bosses. I haven’t given Liadri more than a couple of attempts, though.

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

I used a hybrid build for everything, including liadri. Rabid weapons (s/d and a/f) and celestial runes in armor with celestial trinkets, 6/6/0/0/2. Only had to change a couple of utility skills for liadri fight but it’s all about getting her mechanic down and making no mistakes =\(and some luck getting the orb spawn in a nice place)