The Big List of Stuff I Want to Delete

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Q:

Dear ArenaNet.

Would one of you fine Devs please confirm if the following items are of absolutely no use, now or in the future. No merchant will appear to trade something super cool for them and that I am free to delete them with no downside now or later on in the game?

Oscillating Diaphragm
Translocator Beacon
Focusing Crystal
Positional Relay Beacon
Kite Fortunes
Scarlet’s Lockbox Code Fragments
Molten Code Fragments
Aetherblade Code Fragments
Watchwork Code Fragments
Toxic Code Fragments
Power Core
Power Core Components
Scarlet’s Spare Keys Bags

Wiki links provided for your convenience.

Feeling I can safely delete all this rubbish from my inventory would be a great benefit but I’d really like to see something in writing from ArenaNet confirming that these items will never be required now, or in the future.

Thanks!

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Interestingly I made a thread in the same vein:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fotfw/Trophies-mismanaged/first#post4047431

I feel the management of these items atm is very poor.

Sarie.1630

Interestingly I made a thread in the same vein:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fotfw/Trophies-mismanaged/first#post4047431

I feel the management of these items atm is very poor.

Hadn’t noticed your thread before, I agree with much of it.

ArenaNet have a track record of implementing merchants for, or reusing long-since redundant items. Whilst some of my list, such as the Vorpp’s Field Assistant stuff could be safely discarded, that part of me who knows ArenaNet still stops me from doing so until it’s been confirmed, in writing, that these items are no longer needed.

Until then, I shall wait, just in case 6 years down the line…

Patch Notes:- 6th June 2020

All old kite fortunes have been converted into new kite fortunes at a 5:1 ratio and can now be used at a merchant in Labrynthine Cliffs
Power Cores can now be used in the Mystic Forge to create a personal thumper. Personal thumpers can be used to spawn a great jungle wurm to fight alongside you for 15 mins.
All Scarlet’s old lockbox fragments can be thrown into the mystic forge for a 50% chance at receiving a precurser
Oh, and remember those Emissary Vorpp items from way back when? Trade in all four for a full set of Legendary Armour. Good job, hoarders.
Trade in complete bags of Scarlet’s Spare Keys for tickets to Cantha.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You can still use your fortune scraps at least. You didn’t go back to that other thread did you?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Sarie.1630

You can still use your fortune scraps at least. You didn’t go back to that other thread did you?

I stand corrected on those, then.

So that’s one item ticked off the list…

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’d love to know this as well. I understand event-specific currencies, but I think that after the event they should go into an “Event Collection Bank Tab.” If they don’t become deposit-able after the event, we know to trash em. That’d clear things up nicely.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

How can you use old fortune scraps?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Black lion weapon vendors. You need to have the scraps on you, like the Jade tickets.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’d love to know this as well. I understand event-specific currencies, but I think that after the event they should go into an “Event Collection Bank Tab.” If they don’t become deposit-able after the event, we know to trash em. That’d clear things up nicely.

Great idea.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Black lion weapon vendors. You need to have the scraps on you, like the Jade tickets.

Ah thanks, I’ll have to go peruse a vendor.