Token Reward: Watchknight Tonic

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

So, the 1600 tokens + a laurel for a brilliant, in concept, tonic.

Early announcement of the tonic:
“Infinite Watchknight Tonic
Once you complete the Clockwork Chaos meta achievement, you’ll receive a tonic that allows you to transform into a Watchknight at any time.”

However, it can’t be used in a place where it can be a lot of fun: WvW.
The cooldown on reusing it is 30 minutes while the active lasts only 5 minutes (which overrules the ‘any time’ part in the announcement).

Is there any way we could petition for the cooldown to at least last as long as the duration or the other way around?

The “Potion of Ascalonian Mage” lasts 30 minutes and is usable in WvW. Why can’t this tonic be used like that as well?

It would make an awesome game a lot more awesome.

As a side note:
Endless Quaggan Tonics works in WvW (no cooldown on reuse). You can change into a fighting Kodan in Edge of the Mists. Ascalonian Mage potion works in WvW. Asura’s are still smaller than Watchknights, Humans are just as skinny as Watchknights. You don’t get stat benefits, you use your own gear while in Watchknight transformation.
Why would we not be allowed to use it? It’s not like I want to use it all the time, but wouldn’t it be fun to have a combat transformation raid in WvW? All kinds of people as silly characters from the game?

(edited by DontJudgeMe.3958)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Been that way since they released it as a reward for Clockwork Chaos. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clockwork_Chaos_

There were a number of threads about it asking for this to be changed. Result, no change. I was so excited to get that tonic and so disappointed to find out its strange restrictions that make it worthless. It now rots in my inventory.

Good luck with your thread but I’m expecting zero results from it.

DontJudgeMe.3958

You and me both my friend.

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Yea it’s pretty stupid that it’s a 30m cooldown with only 5m as the transformation. I like being a sexy clockwork knight. This is something I wish they would change but cosmetic things aren’t really too important when it comes to fixing/changing stuff…

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

DontJudgeMe.3958

fixing, yeah… But changing skill descriptions… :P I’d much rather have something functional instead.