Uplevels at Crown Pavilion Boss Blitz

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I am so tired of hearing people complain, whine, berate, insult, try to command/demand up-levels to leave the Boss Blitz.

We have just as much right to be there as YOU do.

If ANet didn’t want anyone under 80 to participate, they would not have made it so we could get in and get up-leveled.

Please take your complaints to ANet and stop being kitten-pikes to other players.

Now if they are not cooperating in Gold Runs, I can understand you being upset and blacklisting or wanting them to leave. But otherwise, please just stop!

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Might be better to take this one to the Living Story forum.

But, in support I must say I’ve done gold runs on my 20-became-80 Mesmer. I threw everything I had at the boss until it came time to slow down, then resumed on burn command. No “11111spam” here, and I stayed upright longer than most on the boss, so I obviously contributed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Allelya.6830

Might be better to take this one to the Living Story forum.

But, in support I must say I’ve done gold runs on my 20-became-80 Mesmer. I threw everything I had at the boss until it came time to slow down, then resumed on burn command. No “11111spam” here, and I stayed upright longer than most on the boss, so I obviously contributed.

I’m right with you. When TTS does an organized run and asks the up-levels to go middle, I do as asked. I cooperate. But when you get people that start harassing others for being there, I get irritated.

Posted by: Raponi.7219

Raponi.7219

people organize gold runs with 80’s to farm the event as fast as possible to earn the most money/tokens/karma etc. they arent organizing the runs to level your uplevel. an uplevel is far less effective than any level 80, and you are taking advantage of every level 80 in that instance.

don’t get me wrong, i bring up levels in BB to level as well, but i don’t have the audacity to complain about the people that don’t want me there – because i understand that i am slowing their runs down and diminishing their hard work.

(edited by Raponi.7219)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Oooh, no, I’m not leaving my spot just because someone said so. :P

I will, however, kitten where I’m needed most, or wait until the current run finishes. Which, apparently, means staying away from Boom Boom, since upleveling her hurts more than the others.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Allelya.6830

people organize gold runs with 80’s to farm the event as fast as possible to earn the most money/tokens/karma etc. they arent organizing the runs to level your uplevel. an uplevel is far less effective than any level 80, and you are taking advantage of every level 80 in that instance.

don’t get me wrong, i bring up levels in BB to level as well, but i don’t have the audacity to complain about the people that don’t want me there – because i understand that i am slowing their runs down and diminishing their hard word.

Take it to ANet. I bring my 80 there plenty of times and if an up-level is there, doing what is needed, then it’s just fine with me.

Raponi.7219

don’t get me wrong, i bring up levels in BB to level as well, but i don’t have the audacity to complain about the people that don’t want me there – because i understand that i am slowing their runs down and diminishing their hard word.

Take it to ANet. I bring my 80 there plenty of times and if an up-level is there, doing what is needed, then it’s just fine with me.

take it to anet? you’re the one that started a discussion about the issue lol. i legitimately don’t care if uplevels are in there or not, im just telling you why people would prefer having a level 80 over an uplevel in the instance.

Allelya.6830

take it to anet? you’re the one that started a discussion about the issue lol. i legitimately don’t care if uplevels are in there or not, im just telling you why people would prefer having a level 80 over an uplevel in the instance.

You made it sound as if I had no say in the matter as an up-level. I am saying that I too play this game and support it at times with RL cash, so I have just as much right to be in there. Those who get angry and tell up-levels to leave the BB zone altogether need to take it to ANet. THAT is what I am saying.

As I previously posted, I cooperate in gold runs. I typically just run around tagging bosses and dying then waiting in mid for my gold box and extra exp. I don’t stay at a boss and up-scale it unnecessarily.

Raponi.7219

You made it sound as if I had no say in the matter as an up-level. I am saying that I too play this game and support it at times with RL cash, so I have just as much right to be in there. Those who get angry and tell up-levels to leave the BB zone altogether need to take it to ANet. THAT is what I am saying.

As I previously posted, I cooperate in gold runs. I typically just run around tagging bosses and dying then waiting in mid for my gold box and extra exp. I don’t stay at a boss and up-scale it unnecessarily.

run around, tagging bosses, bringing adds to bosses that kill the level 80’s that are trying to actually kill the boss. and you wonder why people want you to leave

it’s the simple fact up-levels deteriorate efficiency.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

run around, tagging bosses, bringing adds to bosses that kill the level 80’s that are trying to actually kill the boss. and you wonder why people want you to leave

At least 4 of the bosses (because I’m not entirely sure about Sparcus) have a path you can take to easily reach the boss and attack it without drawing attention of any add, and Kurai just doesn’t have aggroable adds in the first place, so it’s more of the person knowing how to avoid adds than being downlevel (a level 80 could also run around dragging adds and upscaling bosses if it comes to that).

That said, I’ve done boss blitz quite a bit with my uplevel thief (started at 22, he’s 50 now), both organized and unorganized, and I’ve done it both ways (staying Vs. going back to middle after tagging), and the times I’ve stayed in organized runs I’ve gotten gold few times and silver almost every time (except that one time that wiggins reset on us at 25%.. ouch), and the times we were aiming for gold and gotten silver it wasn’t because of the boss I’ve been in as it’s been always ready for the burn when called for.

I’d say that (pure guesstimates), out of the silver runs I’ve done, 5 out of 10 failures to reach gold have been because burn was called before one of the bosses (usually boom boom) is ready, 2 because of bad timing on boom boom (calling for burn right before one of her turrets appear), 2 because of one of the bosses not holding on damage and killing one before burn was called (either accidentally, like not stopping reflects on pyro, or at least twice because of a griefer intentionally going to bosses at hold and shooting at them), and 1 for one of the boss resetting (usually wiggins or pyroxis)… and actually I hadn’t heard the uplevel stay in middle rule until a couple nights ago, most organized runs I’ve had before either didn’t say anything about downlevels, or just mentioned that each group should have a balanced number of 80’s Vs. uplevel (and in the case of pyroxis were gladly taking uplevels as long as they had reflects and absorvs).

Note that I do respect when in LFG a groups asks for 80s only for taxi, if I do get in one of those I will take a level 80… but if I happen to land on a map being organized and they tell uplevels to leave, I won’t, but I’ll do my best to pull my weight.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Allelya.6830

So you have watched me play, have you? You seen me allegedly drag adds to the boss on my way to tag it?

You have not. You’re just assuming I do based on what you’ve seen others do. I don’t drag adds. I’m not stupid. I know how to drop down without bringing unnecessary adds. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

These people are not nice to you because they don’t want to play with you. If you feel that they are violating the code of conduct you have the right to report them.

Otherwise there is not much else to say, especially if you drag everything down to a personal level. Someone already tried to explain the reasoning of why these people don’t want to play with you. Doesn’t matter if you are picture perfect – to these people you are a nuisance because your potential damage output cannot reach 9000.

End of story. Coming here and telling “them” to leave you alone … do you really think that will work?

YOU should contact Anet and tell them that your game experience is suffering. Which I guess you are doing here, just sort of in reverse.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Allelya.6830

These people are not nice to you because they don’t want to play with you. If you feel that they are violating the code of conduct you have the right to report them.

Otherwise there is not much else to say, especially if you drag everything down to a personal level. Someone already tried to explain the reasoning of why these people don’t want to play with you. Doesn’t matter if you are picture perfect – to these people you are a nuisance because your potential damage output cannot reach 9000.

End of story. Coming here and telling “them” to leave you alone … do you really think that will work?

YOU should contact Anet and tell them that your game experience is suffering. Which I guess you are doing here, just sort of in reverse.

You’re right, my potential damage output as an up-level won’t reach 9000. But does it really matter since… I AM NOT STAYING ON THE BOSS. JUST TAGGING AND LEAVING SO IT’S NOT UPSCALING IT!

Did you get it that time? Does caps help you to comprehend what someone is trying to convey? Oh so sorry I didn’t bog ANet down with more reports when players can take it upon themselves to stop being jerks.

To add that one person complaining doesn’t speak volumes versus a multitude of people complaining.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)Oh so sorry I didn’t bog ANet down with more reports when players can take it upon themselves to stop being jerks.

To add that one person complaining doesn’t speak volumes versus a multitude of people complaining.

You are funny coming here and telling others to “take it to Anet”.

Try to take these people that are not so nice to you not too serious.

I wish you good luck in your endeavour to “stop jerks”, you seem to have a knack for that, or shall I say the right attitude.

I assume your last sentence also means that there are a multitude of jerks in the game … oh well, I’m not going to think about this much longer.

Have fun, cheers.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Just ignore those people. Everyone uplevels have just as much right as everyone else to enjoy that content.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m just going to point out, any time spent out of combat, is a potential loss in efficiency. Tagging a Boss is one thing, running around tagging multiple Bosses, is another. To be on an up level and tagging multiple Bosses has a very high probability of an efficiency loss.

To put it simply, some are trying to consistently earn gold in under 4 minutes. It’s not about “just” getting gold in 8 minutes. So do you see why some maps may be upset with up-levels tagging Bosses?

For me, I’m fine with up levels as long as they listen and perform well enough for gold. For Boss Blitz itself, the Dev’s have much larger concern’s to deal with in designing future events. Better donating mechanism to prevent Leachers. Also, better ways to remove AFK/Bots.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And tank specs lose efficiency with 100% probability.