We Needed Silver And Gold Blitz Achievements!

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Let’s face it: many people grind achievements in the same manner as they grind gold.

(I’m sure that) many people open the Achievements panel right after the patch hits to see what they’re supposed to, well, achieve. And here comes the problem!

They see:

• Kill 50 X Mobs (3 AP each)
  • Kill A-F Boss (1 AP each)
  • Complete Event 10 Times (7 AP)

…which are typical zergfest achievements which require grind, but not skill. Yet, the event is anti-zerg.

People see these achievements and go farm them, and seeing no loot they are naturally getting irritated. They see no incentive in doing these events, and grinding mobs is a chore instead of fun. It’s actually, again, counter-productive – same as before in previous LS events.

Now, let’s imagine they saw these achievements in the panel:

• Kill 10 X Mobs (1 AP each)
  • Kill A-F Bosses (1 AP each)
  • Get Gold Award in Boss Blitz 1 time (15 AP)
  • Get Silver Award (or higher) in Boss Blitz 3 times (10 AP)
  • Get Bronze Award (or higher) in Boss Blitz 5 times (5 AP)

What would this encourage people to do? Complete the event the way it was meant to be played!

Seriously, I’m surprised we didn’t have these achievements in place. One of the reasons for it as I think is casual rage which arises each time when so-called “casuals” are challenged with so-called “harcore” content, like Liadri, Marionette and 10 Minutes to Knightfall which are not that hard but still not all people can beat. Well, to those people I can say two simple things:

• We have Megaservers now and overflows/low-pop servers are not an excuse.
  • You have 95% of “casual” stuff anyone can do; if you can’t and don’t want to try the other 5% – just leave it, you won’t die without 15 extra AP.

TL;DR: ANet, please encourage people to play the way you intended via proper achievement management which matches event goals.

20 level 80s and counting.

Lishtenbird.2814

Second post about this event, second time no feedback. Well, might mean that indeed no one cares about Boss Blitz.

(Or there’s nothing to comment on, okay.)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please no, last thing we need is achievements where 60 randoms where you have no control over need to work together.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Lishtenbird.2814

Please no, last thing we need is achievements where 60 randoms where you have no control over need to work together.

You still have to deal with these 60 randoms who’re not on TS and are farming mobs so that the map gets hardcapped and you can’t taxi. At least in this case they’re interested in listening to you. So, which is better?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

So basically I have to stay in a queue to join the “elite maps”on taxi?

Please no. If any rewards is given, it should be given to people who are able to organize random maps. Which is of non existence, since most people are just waiting on taxi.

Lishtenbird.2814

Please no. If any rewards is given, it should be given to people who are able to organize random maps. Which is of non existence, since most people are just waiting on taxi.

So basically, you’re against giving achievement points to “elitists” who tried to achieve something by organising themselves and taking the game seriously because that would encourage people to either a) try to organise those on their instance or b) learn the mechanics and look to help someone on another map, and instead are happy to “achieve” something for grinding X mobs?

We just tried organising a run with 5 commanders. We lacked non-AFK people who know how to read map chat which left after an organised server guild (instance hardcapped with people farming mobs) finished the events, and we failed in numbers. That’s not even Marionette, that’s simply ~7 people on each boss who can read descriptions and know what they’re doing. I then tried hopping 3 or 4 overflows asking for people who’re willing to get in an organised run; those were mostly dead and lacked alive people. But guess what… instead I got asked if I was going to organise a run for killing X centaurs for an achievement!

No, seriously, we’re not getting anywhere with such an attitude. If we had kill 10 centaurs instead of 50 and get Gold reward instead, those people who wanted me to lead a zerg for killing centaurs wouldn’t be capping the proper map and instead would’ve asked me to lead an event for (holy kitten!) another 15 AP.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

They’re temporary achievements, why bother making them harder than necessary? There’s a point to several of the achievements basically needing you to only be present and complete the event. Also, 15 AP. Woopdedoo. I can get more AP doing something I find more entertaining than trying to get 100 random as hell “I’ll do what the kitten I want to do instead of listen to you” people into organized groups.

laokoko.7403

So basically, you’re against giving achievement points to “elitists” who tried to achieve something by organising themselves and taking the game seriously because that would encourage people to either a) try to organise those on their instance or b) learn the mechanics and look to help someone on another map, and instead are happy to “achieve” something for grinding X mobs?

We just tried organising a run with 5 commanders. We lacked non-AFK people who know how to read map chat which left after an organised server guild (instance hardcapped with people farming mobs) finished the events, and we failed in numbers. That’s not even Marionette, that’s simply ~7 people on each boss who can read descriptions and know what they’re doing. I then tried hopping 3 or 4 overflows asking for people who’re willing to get in an organised run; those were mostly dead and lacked alive people. But guess what… instead I got asked if I was going to organise a run for killing X centaurs for an achievement!

No, seriously, we’re not getting anywhere with such an attitude. If we had kill 10 centaurs instead of 50 and get Gold reward instead, those people who wanted me to lead a zerg for killing centaurs wouldn’t be capping the proper map and instead would’ve asked me to lead an event for (holy kitten!) another 15 AP.

you know how the developer of tequalt can’t even lead a bunch of random people to do tequalt.

I dont’ care about AP. If your a person that care about AP, you basically are already in TTS waing in a queue, or in some other elite guild.

Lishtenbird.2814

They’re temporary achievements, why bother making them harder than necessary? There’s a point to several of the achievements basically needing you to only be present and complete the event. Also, 15 AP. Woopdedoo. I can get more AP doing something I find more entertaining than trying to get 100 random as hell “I’ll do what the kitten I want to do instead of listen to you” people into organized groups.

Because the game is more than pressing 1, 1, 1? Because challenge is fun and getting rewards for Achievements and not “achievements” feels good (see Liadri)? Because this event is easier than Mario and Teq, and even those had their achievements?

And yes, the 15 AP had a [sarcasm] sign attached. Plus, you just made a really important point that actually told us why this is ok: 15 (or whatever number) AP for “elitists” is not a lot and can be safely ignored if they don’t feel like it, but 15 AP for “casuals” is a clear incentive to do things properly and listen to you.

I dont’ care about AP. If your a person that care about AP, you basically are already in TTS waing in a queue, or in some other elite guild.

See above.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

love it……..without removing achieve points from casuals, it would give incentive to attempt more “difficult” tasks for those that want to……….and provide a sense of actual achievement.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

laokoko.7403

Because the game is more than pressing 1, 1, 1? Because challenge is fun and getting rewards for Achievements and not “achievements” feels good (see Liadri)? Because this event is easier than Mario and Teq, and even those had their achievements?

And yes, the 15 AP had a [sarcasm] sign attached. Plus, you just made a really important point that actually told us why this is ok: 15 (or whatever number) AP for “elitists” is not a lot and can be safely ignored if they don’t feel like it, but 15 AP for “casuals” is a clear incentive to do things properly and listen to you.

See above.

I dont’ felt I did anything challenging. I take my time to join an elite map. That’s challenging?

The most challenging part is have the patient to wait 30 minutes in queue for the elite map. I suppose I’m not challenging enough for that.

Make the maps server only, and dont’ allow people to select map. Give AP for that. That’s challenging.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

We already have (or had) those. Tequatl, the great jungle wurm, the marionette(s)…

Aidan Savage.2078

Casuals hardly have an incentive to listen to anyone trying to organize. They cant get past the fact someone’s trying to lead them, which naturally means giving orders expected to be followed, and flip out and basically turn into a stick in the mud that says “I REFUSE.”

As for such “easy” AP being an incentive to cooperate, there are hundreds and possible thousands of other things to do to earn 15 AP that dont involve the utter crap outlined in my previous post. If I’m doing that event for the AP, I want 10 times the AP it gives because of the crap I’d have to deal with.

To top it off, you do understand why the term PUG is used in a derogatory fashion, right? Because that three letter acronym can be said with so much disgust that it’s extremely clear what group it’s referring to, and why.

Lishtenbird.2814

I dont’ felt I did anything challenging. I take my time to join an elite map. That’s challenging?

The most challenging part is have the patient to wait 30 minutes in queue for the elite map. I suppose I’m not challenging enough for that.

You’re telling you were not doing anything challenging because you are a person who okay with being carried. Not doing anything challenging implies not trying to do it, and that’s not a content problem, that’s a player problem, sorry. Can you type “turret” (to attract people) with several mistakes (not to get suppressed) in a second (not to get downed)? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you throw seeds in the correct place while staying alive? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you provide good DPS without dieing? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you coordinate boss health in the map chat? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Guess what happens when you run out of others? People who can try to do it themselves – and get a level-up.

By the way, I like it how you call “elitists” the people who manage to beat content which you can only guest to.

Casuals hardly have an incentive to listen to anyone trying to organize. They cant get past the fact someone’s trying to lead them, which naturally means giving orders expected to be followed, and flip out and basically turn into a stick in the mud that says “I REFUSE.”

As for such “easy” AP being an incentive to cooperate, there are hundreds and possible thousands of other things to do to earn 15 AP that dont involve the utter crap outlined in my previous post. If I’m doing that event for the AP, I want 10 times the AP it gives because of the crap I’d have to deal with.

To top it off, you do understand why the term PUG is used in a derogatory fashion, right? Because that three letter acronym can be said with so much disgust that it’s extremely clear what group it’s referring to, and why.

And with your attitude, of course, things will improve… not. Unless from event to event ANet gives those PUGs the content they should try to beat and not zerg or guest to, things won’t change; unless they’re shown what they should do, they will continue running in circles.

I’m really happy that China started with this event – it sets a certain skill level to the LS – I believe it may result in a different community altogether. And I’m also looking forward to those AI changes which rumoured not so long ago.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Just no to this.
There should be no more achievements, especially such that require you to rely yourself on tons of incompetent players that aren’t willing either to organize themself first before pumping the npc full with donations just to get the run startign as quickly as possible to then just scatter themself wildly around without no plan nor any organization first to mostly just farm their achievement kills they need ect.

The poast has often enough shown, that alot of people absolutely dislike any kind of achievement, where you as a player have only like 1/150th chance to have any kind of influence on a successful event, where it is just enough that a hand full of players with no clues can ruin everything for all the other players-.

So, NO… just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Deal with it.
Especially as long theres no official good and working solution to the Mega Server Desaster that gives us players the options and tools that we need ingame, to make a proper organization and that also on an international working level without having to rely yourself too much on external third party programs like Teamspeak 3.

There needs to be done an internal solution that enables for better communication, as thats the reason, why coordination sucks. Mega Servers destroy the communication due to the language barriers.

If the Chat would have some kind of very well functionating Auto Translation-Function or so, that might be perhaps a way, how communication and ccordination under a Mega Server System could work, I guess, if something like such a function would be feasible at all.

That you just type your text into the chat line and before you click to send it, you could click on a translation button, choose out a language flag you want your text getttign translated too and the game translates your written sentence to your chosen language and sends it out then…

ANd if its no 100% perfect solution, it woudl be at least a good start that could help.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Aidan Savage.2078

They’re already being shown what to do, and it’s clear it’s not “ZERG EVERYTHING” yet that’s exactly what happens every time. When players are taught from level 1 to 80 that the best way to defeat content is to zerg it, I honestly have no expectation they’re learn differently when an event’s clearly designed to be anti-zerg with it’s scaling design. I have zero faith, tolerance, and pity for a vast majority of the players in this game. It’s killed off every time I go to maps like the Gauntlet and see the event at the bronze level and not one boss is dead yet.

laokoko.7403

You’re telling you were not doing anything challenging because you are a person who okay with being carried. Not doing anything challenging implies not trying to do it, and that’s not a content problem, that’s a player problem, sorry. Can you type “turret” (to attract people) with several mistakes (not to get suppressed) in a second (not to get downed)? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you throw seeds in the correct place while staying alive? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you provide good DPS without dieing? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Can you coordinate boss health in the map chat? You can, but you won’t – others will do it. Guess what happens when you run out of others? People who can try to do it themselves – and get a level-up.

By the way, I like it how you call “elitists” the people who manage to beat content which you can only guest to.

And with your attitude, of course, things will improve… not. Unless from event to event ANet gives those PUGs the content they should try to beat and not zerg or guest to, things won’t change; unless they’re shown what they should do, they will continue running in circles.

I’m really happy that China started with this event – it sets a certain skill level to the LS – I believe it may result in a different community altogether. And I’m also looking forward to those AI changes which rumoured not so long ago.

I dont’ care if they added an achievement or something like that. The reward are already good enough for gold.

I’m saying adding AP won’t suddenly make all the random map which take 1+ hour to do the event better. Those random map still going to suck. And only premade maps can do it. Nothing will change.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

We already have (or had) those. Tequatl, the great jungle wurm, the marionette(s)…

they happened before megaservers, so it was still somewhat doable to organize

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ugh, no thanks. I remember the Six Minutes to Knightfall achievement. I’m glad that we didn’t have a similar achievement this time around.

If we want to encourage people to aim for Silver/Gold completion, then we should make it so that more delicious rewards potentially drop from those. For example:

Bronze reward:
- 6 Champ Bags
- 40 Tokens
- Rare chance of a Pavilion Favor (otherwise, you get a Masterwork item)

Silver reward:
- 8 Champ Bags
- 60 Tokens
- Rare chance of a Pavilion Favor (otherwise, you get a Masterwork/Rare item)
- Rare chance of a Chaos of Lyssa recipe

Gold reward:
- 10 Champ Bags
- 80 Tokens
- Rare chance of a Pavilion Favor (otherwise, you get a Masterwork/Rare item)
- Rare chance of a Chaos of Lyssa recipe (otherwise, you get a Rare/Exotic item)
- Rare chance of a Sovereign weapon skin (can be sold on the TP)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer: No, we don’t need more achievements for a near-dead meta event in a near-dead instance.

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

he makes a good point, but anet should just make the anti zerg content easier at first, baby steps to skill guys, baby steps

Lishtenbird.2814

Ugh, no thanks. I remember the Six Minutes to Knightfall achievement. I’m glad that we didn’t have a similar achievement this time around.

If we want to encourage people to aim for Silver/Gold completion, then we should make it so that more delicious rewards potentially drop from those.

We had “chances” for good loot during Escape for LA, Holo and AFAIK we also have them here; my experience says that these chances are so rare that people don’t care for those (I didn’t receive anything “chacy” for grinding those events either).

Again, why are you “glad” you didn’t have an achievement for something which is a part of a successful run, but prefer achievements which hurt those who’re doing the event? Why are people so maniacally afraid of seeing anything which they can perform with less than 95% probability rate?

they happened before megaservers, so it was still somewhat doable to organize

People are successfully taxiing each other via LFG (“Taxi for Silver/Gold Blitz on me, 80 no upscale”; “LFG commanders for Gold Blitz”). Megaservers made it harder for mega-guilds, but dynamic guesting made it far easier for everyone else.

I dont’ care if they added an achievement or something like that. The reward are already good enough for gold.

I’m saying adding AP won’t suddenly make all the random map which take 1+ hour to do the event better. Those random map still going to suck. And only premade maps can do it. Nothing will change.

And I’m sure it would. At least it would eliminate this part of the event which I’ve faced yesterday once again:

Me: – 2-3 more to Bandit, please?
Farmer: – Anyone wants to farm ogres for achi?
Me: – Would you come and join Blitz? We got only 2 bosses left!
Farmer: – I see Bronze. Anyone wants to farm ogres?

They’re already being shown what to do, and it’s clear it’s not “ZERG EVERYTHING” yet that’s exactly what happens every time. When players are taught from level 1 to 80 that the best way to defeat content is to zerg it, I honestly have no expectation they’re learn differently when an event’s clearly designed to be anti-zerg with it’s scaling design. I have zero faith, tolerance, and pity for a vast majority of the players in this game. It’s killed off every time I go to maps like the Gauntlet and see the event at the bronze level and not one boss is dead yet.

I share your feelings completely, but I cannot agree with the reasoning of not adding productive achievements instead of counter-productive behind it. As for Bronze, I’ve seen bosses die one by one while I was doing Gauntlet – they can simply be done with a small roaming group.

-snip-

You make valid points regarding problems of tools for organisation.

Coordination – time to kill: yes, instead of TS and mapchat to coordinate 5% HP, we could’ve had HP bars of other bosses. AFAIK, we had those for Assault Knights, but they bugged out again and again and they simply removed them.

Coordination – suppression: had a separate thread here.

Coordination – languages: agreed, both mixtures and chat filter are a problem. But unlike home cities and WB trains, I see almost zero non-English-speaking people in Pavillion; maybe the language sorting has a very high priority here and it works.

Donations: a “reconfiguration timer” could be put to work around rushing donations:

• 10 Minutes of Pavillion Reconfiguration timer before new donation event starts after Bronze reward;
  • 3 Minutes of Pavillion Reconfiguration after Silver reward;
  • 0 Minutes of Pavillion Reconfiguration after Gold reward.

Overall, I agree that tools to communicate are not optimal, there are also bugs like resetting Pyro and wonky scaling. There are problems of awful loot at the start with loot buff not communicated, too. But the event is doable and even farmable for Gold rewards with people who can read and listen, and I’m sure that shifting achievements to match the way the event was designed to be played is a good start to encourage players to do something better than zerg down ogres for several AP.

Answer: No, we don’t need more achievements for a near-dead meta event in a near-dead instance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/26fxsy/organizing_a_gold_pavilion_for_randoms/

Lishtenbird.2814

This is simply ridiculous.

lfg farming group

We are doing a streak of gold runs, and achievement hunters still look for groups to farm mobs…

Attachments:

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

OP, no… just no. Do you remember the fiasco of 6 minutes for knighfall?

Achievments need to be personally achieved, and not dependent on other 40 ppl.

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Nobody cares about Boss Blitz!!!

(Well, I don’t know about others truth to be told, but I don’t care about Boss Blitz. Weee!)

Lishtenbird.2814

OP, no… just no. Do you remember the fiasco of 6 minutes for knighfall?

No, I do not remember any “fiasco” with “6 minutes to knightfall”. I only remember not having that achievement and several completely negligible APs because people in my map weren’t good enough and I had no easy means of guesting to another instance to work with like-minded people.

I also remember having AFKers and people doing counter-productive achievements which were put there by ANet – and I had a whole thread on it. (Un)surprisingly, we have them again.

Still, that achievement made me keep trying to explain what has to be done and command my knight group each evening.

Achievments need to be personally achieved, and not dependent on other 40 ppl.

No, meta achievements should be able to be personally achieved (which is usually done by a] putting in daily achievements which count towards meta and/or b] giving excessive amount of options for different playstyles). Everything above it should be achieved by harder work than usual and should encourage people to master their skills and get pleasure from the feeling of accomplishment.

…and ironically, what we see is people who are not achieving it personally, and are instead looking for a zerg (regardless of whether it hurts the organised Blitz run for the rest 95% of the map or not). A part of the fault for which is the high amount of mobs to kill, which is totally achievable solo but utterly boring.

Nobody cares about Boss Blitz!!!

(Well, I don’t know about others truth to be told, but I don’t care about Boss Blitz. Weee!)

Fine with me, as long as I can keep on participating in gold Blitzes on a daily basis and you don’t upscale our bosses by farming mobs near them

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Fine with me, as long as I can keep on participating in gold Blitzes on a daily basis and you don’t upscale our bosses by farming mobs near them

I haven’t stepped in the Pavillion since I got my meta done. So I guess that we have a deal.
But you can go and do the cuterace.
I’m so magnanimous!!
:P

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

In this thread: OP asks for feedback on thoughts, then vehemently argues against anyone who disagrees.

For the sake of relevance, I’ll throw in my 2 cents. Getting Gold in Boss Blitz is a frustrating enough experience without an achievement attached to it. Surely it would only get worse if it did have one.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Lishtenbird.2814

In this thread: OP asks for feedback on thoughts, then vehemently argues against anyone who disagrees.

In this thread: OP asks to tie achievements to what the main goal of this release is, people oppose because achieving the main goal of this release is hard and they are entitled to achieve everything regardless of their efforts.

By the way, you wanted to be snarky, but you actually outlined the classics of a discussion process:

• Thesis and arguments from topic starter.
  • Counter-arguments from opponent.
  • More arguments as counter-counter-arguments from topic starter.
  • Rinse, repeat.

For the sake of relevance, I’ll throw in my 2 cents. Getting Gold in Boss Blitz is a frustrating enough experience without an achievement attached to it. Surely it would only get worse if it did have one.

Proof?

I have a diametrically opposite point of view: if people have a motivation to reach gold Blitz (an urge to get the achi), they will be more eager to listen to people who are trying to help them in it.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

On top of my head I can’t remember any other achievement that rewards for 2nd or 3rd place?

I don’t think it would have been totally necessary but most likely would have been auto completed after a few times anyways.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Lishtenbird.2814

On top of my head I can’t remember any other achievement that rewards for 2nd or 3rd place?

Just like the “Complete Boss Blitz 10 times” achi, there are “Participate X times” achis for events in Bazaar and Bazaar arena and race activites. They really do auto-complete just by playing without having to be good at theses events. But since they require next to no coordination and rewards rarely differ much, winning (=doing it properly) doesn’t really matter there, unlike in Blitz.

Rouven.7409

Just like the “Complete Boss Blitz 10 times” achi, there are “Participate X times” achis for events in Bazaar and Bazaar arena and race activites. They really do auto-complete just by playing without having to be good at theses events. But since they require next to no coordination and rewards rarely differ much, winning (=doing it properly) doesn’t really matter there, unlike in Blitz.

No I understand that, but that is different because we are now looking at an additional condition.

Condition 1: Complete the Event
Condition 2: Complete the Event and achieve Rank X

I guess the closest would be the sanctum sprint, was there not 1st place and within the first 6 or something like that?

Lishtenbird.2814

No I understand that, but that is different because we are now looking at an additional condition.

Condition 1: Complete the Event
Condition 2: Complete the Event and achieve Rank X

I guess the closest would be the sanctum sprint, was there not 1st place and within the first 6 or something like that?

Not sure about Sanctum Sprint, not a pro in it, but there are variations of “ranks” in achievements like:

• killing Assault Knights in 6 minutes instead of full timer,
  • saving each tier of citizens until the 1200 one (Group Effort),
  • escorting all X mobs from LA alive,
  • killing all 3 miasma deployments before timer runs out,
  • killing Warden while dodging all Mario’s attacks,
  • killing Holo while hitting small holos only while attuned,
  • killing Holo while not getting hit by scorches,
  • stomping Scarlet before she activates her shield,
  • killing Teq while firing megalaser at full strength,
  • killing Teq while having all turrets flawlessly defended.

Some of those may not be counted as “additional” conditions though.

Rouven.7409

To me there is a slight difference, let’s say I would have translated that into achievements like “kill boom-boom while his healing turret is operating” or without killing his healing turret at all. Something to that effect.

Lishtenbird.2814

To me there is a slight difference, let’s say I would have translated that into achievements like “kill boom-boom while his healing turret is operating” or without killing his healing turret at all. Something to that effect.

I don’t really think such an achievement even makes sense. It is completely counter-productive.

“Get Gold”, “Get Silver”, “Get Bronze” are like battery defence phases at Teq – you get the best loot if you do it right, but you still get something if you didn’t manage to. Flawless Defence and That Had to Burn achievements for Teq are actually quite productive as they outline the correct gameplay model.

Similar achievements for Boss Blitz could be something like “Destroy Boom Boom’s turret before it heals her for +3% HP” or something like that. On the other hand, “Reflect 10 projectiles from Pyro” is unequal in terms of classes achievability, and “Do not get knocked by stampedes” and “Avoid all AoE at Pirate” may be abused; and overall, forcing people to move from boss to boss to get achis is bad practice as it leads to people making decisions based heavily on their own needs (achi) instead of global map success (gold reward). That is why choosing the overall goal as the ultimate achievement (while leaving the meta achievable without it!) and letting people determine best tactics in such an encounter looks like a better solution to me.

Rouven.7409

I was more talking about a condition parameter, don’t take the healing turret too literal.

One is about conditions met withing the fight, the other is basically in this example a timed kill.

I don’t know how to better explain this.

Regardless, they will balance the amount of achievements vs the maximum possible points you can earn and cap it. You might have noticed that the total possible has gone down quite a bit over time.

Lishtenbird.2814

I was more talking about a condition parameter, don’t take the healing turret too literal.

One is about conditions met withing the fight, the other is basically in this example a timed kill.

I don’t know how to better explain this.

I don’t really see much difference between a timer condition and a, ehm, happening condition as long as both are tied to more efficient fights. If, say, bosses had their abilities changed during timer phases, that would even bring those closer to each other (and well, bronze tier now does it already).

Rouven.7409

Ah, I guess I wasn’t necessarily thinking “most efficient” but I rather looked at this from the other side.

Getting to gold, or if you will learning and coordinating the event will, or so I would think, automatically lead to bronze, silver to gold in most cases.

Now here I think it might be more fun to add achievements – like not getting hit from the stampede or leaving the healing turret alone (preferrably a mix of solo and group efforts).

Would there not be a higher replay value? Of course I would not have both since some people would try to get those achievements and – considering it might not be most “efficient” – that could collide with getting gold.

Lishtenbird.2814

Ah, I guess I wasn’t necessarily thinking “most efficient” but I rather looked at this from the other side.

Getting to gold, or if you will learning and coordinating the event will, or so I would think, automatically lead to bronze, silver to gold in most cases.

Now here I think it might be more fun to add achievements – like not getting hit from the stampede or leaving the healing turret alone (preferrably a mix of solo and group efforts).

Would there not be a higher replay value? Of course I would not have both since some people would try to get those achievements and – considering it might not be most “efficient” – that could collide with getting gold.

1) If I have to choose between efficiency and replayability in a group event, I will choose efficiency. If I have to choose between efficiency and replayability in a solo event, I will choose replayability. That’s why “Kill Doobroosh with 10 stacks” is totally fine, but “Dodge 10 rolling fires at Pyro” is bad and will affect organised runs heavily.

2) In a group event, I believe that efficiency like gold runs provide more freedom in replayability than per-boss achievements. You can play any boss you like instead of being locked into a single one you’re bad at but have to do achievements regardless.

Rouven.7409

Sounds like they are overhauling the system anyways, so let’s see what it will be like next month.