We need a Gauntlet Ticket burn

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There needs to be some vendor you can turn Gauntlet Tickets in for something. Anything. I have near 2000 of them at the moment. Even if I were running the easiest boss with five gambits going that would be 400 rounds to convert them into chances, and I don’t even enjoy the ones I’ve done so far. There needs to be a way to just straight up turn them into something useful, even at a horrible exchange rate.

The current “through gauntlet” exchange rate is 1:1 with Tokens, with a rare chance at some other stuff. I would take maybe a 10 tickets to 1 token exchange even, just to be done with them, and I don’t even particularly like tokens either!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

U should use those tickets, need like 3 hours and u can get nice rewards, my self i got 1 lyssa recipe and a monocle out of 1100 chances

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I had no interest in the Gauntlet last year and it didn’t have any changes to it for this year to change my lack of interest.

I still have all of my tickets from last year and I’ve also gained more from this year that I will not use. I was hoping we could vend or trade them in last year and that did not happen.

If we get a way to vend or trade in the tickets by July 1st, awesome. If not, I’ll just trash them as they’ve taken up far too much space for far too long.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Why do players always think that because they have something it should be valuable?

Posted by: Alisoe.5083

Alisoe.5083

I have near 2000 of them at the moment. Even if I were running the easiest boss with five gambits going that would be 400 rounds

2000 / (5 Gambits + Boss) = 333,34

but yeah…thats sure much…

~ fles away ~

Ohoni.6057

Why do players always think that because they have something it should be valuable?

Because they cost 5s per piece to buy? If they cost 5s each to buy, you should be able to get at least 50c off of each in sale some way.

done by now.”

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I have an entire stack and I do not plan to even look at the activity again, since the way it is handled has not improved. As long as I’m waiting 90% of the time, the whole thing isn’t fun. I don’t even care how good the fights are supposed to be, since I barely get to play them. So yes, the tickets should have some worth outside. At least let me trade them to someone who is interested in it.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

U should use those tickets, need like 3 hours and u can get nice rewards, my self i got 1 lyssa recipe and a monocle out of 1100 chances

I got six favors of the pavilion from 2200+ tickets. No skins or recipe.

I would say people who don’t want to waste their time in unrewarding games of chance should be given an option to do something else with their tickets.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Got like 4000 tickets and getting more each day,need some vendor that maybe change them to festival token or somthink.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There have been numerous posts on, “Let us do SOMETHING with these tickets if we don’t want to Gauntlet”, but no response from Anet. I doubt they would add anything until the Festival is over (and then not likely as they didn’t give any options for them last year).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I agree. The problem with the tickets is that they are given out as a reward for the Boss Blitz, but they have absolutely no use outside of the Gauntlet. I understand that ANet is trying to encourage people to do the Gauntlet, but it’s not going to be something that every player likes to do. I like the Gauntlet, and I do a boss farm run on days when I have more time for more tokens, but to another player, it may be like giving them free SAB coins when they complete their daily even though they may hate SAB and Jumping Puzzles.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

You take those tickets and go farm gauntlet. After that you open your bags and pray for a high value item. If you do not get one then go turn in your tokens for tier 6 materials.

Enough said.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you enjoy the Gauntlet, yes, that’s a good way for potentially good return while doing an activity you enjoy.

If you hate the Gauntlet, then the drop rate is so abysmal that it’s like doing 1 hour of an activity you dislike (JPs, WvW, PvP etc.) and getting a single Heavy Loot Bag at the end. You could get much better returns for your time than the Gauntlet, and have way more fun doing what you actually enjoyed.

Ohoni.6057

You take those tickets and go farm gauntlet. After that you open your bags and pray for a high value item. If you do not get one then go turn in your tokens for tier 6 materials.

Enough said.

It’s a hugely grindy process at best, almost impossible to manage at worst. I mean, I can do the hammer guy’s event with three gambits on, and it takes me maybe a minute to do. I have something around 2300 tickets at the moment. That means it would take me around nine and a half hours to burn them all, and that’s IF I have an arena to myself the entire time, and I can’t imagine that ANet would imagine that to be a fun gameplay experience. And in return I would get 2300 bags back, which from what I understand would be almost entirely tokens, and maybe a couple other things. Not worth it.

If they want to make me set aside nine hours of my life for pure tedium then they need to offer better rewards. If not, then they need to provide some way to burn off these tickets without the tedium.

done by now.”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it seems like this is more of an acquisition issue than a grinding issue… we get too many tickets from farming something else that has absolutely nothing to do with a solo challenge. maybe if we didnt get 20 tickets from every (gold) boss blitz we wouldnt have these complaints.

maybe theyll do something about it next year.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Just add a Bazar vendor that takes these tickets. Have done it for blade shards, just add one for tickets.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Enough said.

I have NO desire to farm a build specific arena fight. Does not interest me in the least (sound like torture in the 7th plane of Hell to me).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Maxing gauntlets out on Tyre Ragemaw is a good way to get rid of them (or if you want that bonus chest, one ticket to fight each enemy once a day – minimum of 12 tickets a day, many tokens; add on gauntlets to get rid of them faster) and get the chances (even if you’re only getting tokens out of them) if you don’t want to save the tickets for next year.

Otherwise, you can just delete them.

Myself, I got about 60 after I emptied myself out on the third or so week and intend on saving them (and any more I get, up to a full stack) for next year in case it’s improved or there’s finally incentive to get the last 2 achievements.

This said, it would be nice if we can just merch them and buy them for the same price (instead of paying 35 tokens and getting 1 back for winning aside from the bonus chest…….).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: FlacMatic.4258

FlacMatic.4258

Guys just delete your Gauntlet Tickets! I had in total around 15-18k and started deleting at around 10k. And yes it’s possible to use all Gauntlet Tickets but since I don’t rly like it I can’t use them. Ofc it would be nice to have something to exchange. But instead of donating for Pavilion would be cool to use Gauntlet Tickets to pay for
I don’t even have that much Gauntlet Tickets. I know some having 40k+
One in my guild can fight Halmi Hammerfell in around 10seconds as Elementalist. Let’s say you need another 20seconds to set up fight. So you use 6 Tickets in 30seconds. In you apply some simple math you will end up in 720Tickets/h.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

And you cant even donate them so the refugees can make a camp fire with them or use them as toilet paper..

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

And you cant even donate them so the refugees can make a camp fire with them or use them as toilet paper..

LOL

Posted by: CoffeeCow.6508

CoffeeCow.6508

At least they would be put to good use instead of just deleting them!

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

anet should let you donate to BB with these tickets.

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Guys cmon, just do 300 x day , takes 30 min, and trust me u get nice rewards. I opened around 3200 and i got 4 recipes(500g) 2 monocles(only sold 1 for 180g) + some back skins. U dont have to change them all at once..

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

I think they will make those tickets sellable after the 1st july like the previous ones but you will make a lot more money by doing gauntlet with gambit, and when you do gauntlet make sure to not take the gambit which raise boss life x2

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Guys cmon, just do 300 x day , takes 30 min, and trust me u get nice rewards. I opened around 3200 and i got 4 recipes(500g) 2 monocles(only sold 1 for 180g) + some back skins. U dont have to change them all at once..

Some opened 16000 and only got crap worth 100g