Why wasn't the selfless potion available?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

I mean it said past event during season 1 so why weren’t these added?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m not sure. My guess is that these were supposed to be pretty rare items only for people who worked hard to get them (the 250 heirlooms were not a walk in the park by any stretch). But I don’t know. Could have been overlooked.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m not sure. My guess is that these were supposed to be pretty rare items only for people who worked hard to get them (the 250 heirlooms were not a walk in the park by any stretch). But I don’t know. Could have been overlooked.

Quite annoying since they went from being useless(to me) out of combat looks only, to being awesome in combat looks if i’m not mistaken.

I had the heirlooms but passed on it because it simply wasn’t anything I’d use, wasn’t worth the inventory space to me. Now that it can be used in combat that has changed.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Quite annoying since they went from being useless(to me) out of combat looks only, to being awesome in combat looks if i’m not mistaken.

I had the heirlooms but passed on it because it simply wasn’t anything I’d use, wasn’t worth the inventory space to me. Now that it can be used in combat that has changed.

Ah yeah that sucks. I figured it was a bug…

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

maybe a festivial ticket thing then and like 2k tokens

Lilith Ajit.6173

maybe a festivial ticket thing then and like 2k tokens

Maybe

Maybe it’ll come back or maybe it’ll become a helm skin.

[ARES]

Jerus.4350

It was part of the conversion of outfits and what not. Quite upsetting to me =/

Lilith Ajit.6173

My thought process was that “it’s not usable in dungeons for no reason at all. Bugged. It’ll be fixed. Soon™” so I went for it. But I get why some wouldn’t

[ARES]

Jerus.4350

My thought process was that “it’s not usable in dungeons for no reason at all. Bugged. It’ll be fixed. Soon™” so I went for it. But I get why some wouldn’t

Yeah i was new and assumed that was too silly of a mistake to make so it must be on purpose… turns out i was the silly one. Ahh regret.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

But I worked pretty hard to get the Mini Liadri and she came back this time around. I also had to do 25 Secret of the Southsun achievements over 2 weeks to get the Sclerite backpack, now people just toss in 1600 festival tokens to a vendor.

I don’t like it when Anet make a call which unique skins should return for everyone to get and which should remain unavailable. They’re all unique skins and to players some skins will be more unique than others, but Anet just cut through and said, “nah, this lot of LS1 skins aren’t unique enough, here, have them for a few festival tokens”.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Rewards vendor should have all LS1 items back to be fair if u ask me.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Lilith Ajit.6173

But I worked pretty hard to get the Mini Liadri and she came back this time around. I also had to do 25 Secret of the Southsun achievements over 2 weeks to get the Sclerite backpack, now people just toss in 1600 festival tokens to a vendor.

I don’t like it when Anet make a call which unique skins should return for everyone to get and which should remain unavailable. They’re all unique skins and to players some skins will be more unique than others, but Anet just cut through and said, “nah, this lot of LS1 skins aren’t unique enough, here, have them for a few festival tokens”.

I don’t disagree, nor do I think that you didn’t work hard for the mini Liadri. But when Liadri was introduced they said in the stream that it was a once a year thing, intended for people to fail for the first year and then get it the next. So it was always going to come back. The Selfless/Thoughtless potions should have been added this FotFW, but they weren’t, and I was just giving my thoughts on why that was, (either because they meant it to be rare and such or they just overlooked it and forgot)

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Thoughtless/Selfless potions were not meta achievement rewards. You needed to get 250 Heirlooms (not that easy) and pay 10g to buy it.

I think it was intentional they got left out at this point.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Thoughtless/Selfless potions were not meta achievement rewards. You needed to get 250 Heirlooms (not that easy) and pay 10g to buy it.

Following a mindless zerg to get 250 Heirlooms is easier than doing metas for the others LS. And everyone should have 10g lol

R.I.P Kumu <3

Jerus.4350

I had more than enough heirlooms, in fact I could probably have bought 2 of each of them with how many I got. But at the time it was a piece of crap tonic, now it’s something I’d actually want

And I’d say a Gift of the Festival is easily as much of an investment as the heirlooms.

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

I think it’s because of the new LS replayability. I think this is how it works; if you enable a past LS episode, multiple maps are changed according to the current episode you enabled. That means Escape from Lion’s Arch episode changes the LA map as well as the surrounding maps (Bloodtide Coast, etc.). You will also meet people in those maps who enabled that particular episode. If you did not enable any past LS episode, you are either sent to the pre-LS version of the map, or the current LS version of the map (particularly in the Maguuma area in the next LS). So you can still get those potions, if that is how it will work. It may get confusing at first, but maybe from now on, party members or even guildmates are indicated not just by their location and world server, but also by the current episode he/she enabled.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Following a mindless zerg to get 250 Heirlooms is easier than doing metas for the others LS. And everyone should have 10g lol

The heirlooms were spread out all over the map, so following a zerg was so inefficient. You had to split out from the zerg and walk your own path to get them.

-

Selfless and Thoughtless Potion should not be a reward you can buy again for tokens because it was not the meta, it was a side thing for more dedicated players to get.

Jerus.4350

The heirlooms were spread out all over the map, so following a zerg was so inefficient. You had to split out from the zerg and walk your own path to get them.

-

Selfless and Thoughtless Potion should not be a reward you can buy again for tokens because it was not the meta, it was a side thing for more dedicated players to get.

Dedicated players with the powers of foresight to know that it wasn’t going to remain complete garbage and unuseable in combat… Yes I’m bitter about it.

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

Secret of Southsun was a long time ago. Anyone who wasn’t playing then would never have the option to get it as the achieves for that have long since been unavailable. Same goes for any LS meta rewards – you hadn’t started playing yet? Tough luck! You’ll never get these items. I’m personally not a fan of that model.

When Fallout New Vegas came out, there were packs of items that were exclusive to preordering the game from certain retailers. You couldn’t get but one of the four sets (that had unique items) unless you ordered multiple copies of the game or bought/was given a code from elsewhere. After the final DLC was released an “Ultimate Edition” was released for a reduced price that contained not only the base game and all DLCs, but all four of the exclusive pre-order packs as well. Exclusivity had run its course and served its purpose by then, and there was no reason to not give the items out to players after a couple years. If you got in early you got your items and could use them from that moment forward. Your “reward” was getting it before anyone else could.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

I agree with some users above, they are not meta achievement rewards like everything in the vendor except for the new panda mini and dolyak tonic that was probably added in to motivate players who already had all the rewards to also run the races and stuff.

250 tokens, a week if you knew where all of the tokens were by checking dulfy or even more time finding them all on your own without guides. Then the merchants asked for 10g for each potion, 20g for both. People actually thought that update was 2 weeks long, so if you didn’t find them ALL everyday you had to pick either the Thoughtless or the Selfless potion before the event was over, that proved to be untrue but the extra effort was still rewarded.

Since they did not come from achievements I can understand why they weren’t added amongst the achievement rewards. If ArenaNet did put these two potions in the rewards it would be unfair for those of us who earned them because earning festival tokens earns you extra cash from Boss Blitz, the Queen’s Gauntlet with the chances that drop them prominently with rare chances at 100g+ items, and the favor of the bazaar from the Labyrinthine Cliffs which sells for even more gold.

Finding the 250 heirlooms did not earn us gold. We spent gold in buying them. It would be great if Anet added the instance to the story journal and the chance of getting these potions again, but who knows if that’ll happen.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Secret of Southsun was a long time ago. Anyone who wasn’t playing then would never have the option to get it as the achieves for that have long since been unavailable. Same goes for any LS meta rewards – you hadn’t started playing yet? Tough luck! You’ll never get these items. I’m personally not a fan of that model.

Me neither, but I’m definitely not a fan of that model only partially implemented. Why are some LS1 rewards back but not the others – that’s my beef with this update.

The Krait Obelisk Shard? The Halo? The Jetpack?
Anet have decided that the prestige of some items should remain while others were just ok to rip away from players.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Lilith Ajit.6173

Me neither, but I’m definitely not a fan of that model only partially implemented. Why are some LS1 rewards back but not the others – that’s my beef with this update.

The Krait Obelisk Shard? The Halo? The Jetpack?
Anet have decided that the prestige of some items should remain while others were just ok to rip away from players.

I can totally understand the jet pack (not account bound) and sort of the halo not coming back. I don’t understand why the teq wings didn’t come back or the obelisk shard. Or even a festival token and favor → dragonite ingot, empyreal star, etc (fractured meta). I dislike inconsistency but… the jet pack I totally understand.

[ARES]

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I believe the only items intended to be added were those that were meta achievements. Those potions were not meta achievements.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.