lightning doing my head in

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: mondello.2940

mondello.2940

The lightning pul ability is literally the worst mechanic ive ever had to deal with in any game ever and i mean EVER.

what is the point of targeting when you just completely overshoot the spot you want to land in, and people give me this whole “just adjust” like when youre trying to zap onto some kitteny little platform there is no room for adjustment because you have no where else to go.

Absolute bullkitten anet.

Posted by: Zukini.1793

Zukini.1793

You never really need to use it in any situation were overshooting is a big deal. If it really gives you that much trouble just don’t use it, and use a jump/sun combo.

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

It has issue with ping.
On the first bazaar of the four winds, it was broken to the extent that getting sky crystal means dying over a dozen of times trying to get it land on the targeted spot.
It was way better now >.>

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I wasn’t having trouble with it until today. Get major skill lag doing the dolyak race and overshoot often… Yes, overshooting on the ones where you don’t even have to aim, just stand on the pad and go.

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

Why is this even a problem lol. It’s not that difficult to master.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

You never really need to use it in any situation were overshooting is a big deal. If it really gives you that much trouble just don’t use it, and use a jump/sun combo.

There’s many situations.

Many if not MOST the lightning pull nodes are situated on small platforms – overshooting means falling to your doom, or at least failing the jump in most situations. Only a small minority have backstops to prevent overshooting (Worst example being the highest master crystal on the rock pillar which takes considerable time and 3 lightning pulls to reach, and the final step is a huge targeted leap onto a tiny rocky tip), it took several tries before i finally landed on it without over or undershooting.

There is also absolutely no way in the world for you to get in the top 3 in sanctum sprint if you cannot use lightning pulls to cross the faster paths.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Why is this even a problem lol. It’s not that difficult to master.

in some cases it has nothing to do about “mastering it”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fotfw/Lightning-Pull/first#post4053498

" I was having the worst trouble with this on the floating platforms, there’s 2 with a crystal at the end of each.
It’s where the ai automatically changes it from “aim” to “autotarget the pyramid thing”. And no matter what… it would, without fail, shoot me way way off.
If I walked back to try and have the aiming option, it would be red/too far, so I couldnt aim."

OP
Call out in say chat for a mesmer, I got 2 who helped me with these 2 crystals as they were’nt having the same problems.

I don’t know if it’s lag, or something else. But I rarely have the same issue during sanctum sprint, auto target mostly works there pretty well, but outside.. it was a very dodgy skill to use.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Same issue Oceanic players have with skills like Ride the Lightning and Burning Retreat.