need a guide or tour to help me complete

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: gtg.7208

gtg.7208

From the very beginning, I have no idea what to do with this event.

Main goals:
1. get achievement points
2. get skins I missed previously

Thank you.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

..um..play?

read the achieves..and do them…. whats not to know?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

gtg.7208

..um..play?

already read it, so far only have 1 point for welcoming party. Went to Labyrinthine Cliffs, no idea what to do in there. No pointers, no directions. Went to Queen’s Pavilion, kill 2 monsters, and left. Still no idea what’s this about.

Need someone in game with step to step instructions, not the generic information.

I do not need superiority laugh from elitists.

gtg.7208

Already read, not helping at all. Please read above.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, this (and the other guides found in the above link) are pretty explicit. They tell you exactly what to do and how to do it:

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/22/gw2-festival-of-the-four-winds-achievement-guide/

If you need more than that, perhaps posting in Players Helping Players and asking for someone you can tag along with…?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

..um..play?

already read it, so far only have 1 point for welcoming party. Went to Labyrinthine Cliffs, no idea what to do in there. No pointers, no directions. Went to Queen’s Pavilion, kill 2 monsters, and left. Still no idea what’s this about.

Need someone in game with step to step instructions, not the generic information.

I do not need superiority laugh from elitists.

If you go to the pavillion and kill a couple boss mobs, DO NOT leave in frustration, as you then miss the drops and xp for the run. All 6 bosses must be killed before you get achievement points/drops/xp for the event. And you don’t have to kill all the bosses…..just get in a few hits on 1, or a few, and you’ll get credit when the run ends.

You’ll get xp when a boss that you have been hitting on drops, but that is not the end of the event. The pavillion run ends when the chest drops after all 6 bosses have been killed. You’ll see it on the lower right of your screen when it drops.

Feel free to ask questions in mapchat, as they’re usually a few people there willing to help out new players to the event.

And don’t go up to the gauntlet while your waiting for a pavillion run to end, as that will reset you, and then you won’t get the boss blitz credit in the pavillion. (Unless you come back down from the gauntlet before the bb run ends and get in a few hits on a boss or two)

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

And, fwiw, it all ends on July 1st, so you don’t have a whole lot of time left to fill out your achievement bar for the festival or bazaar

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Here are some things to do: look for sky crystals and master sky crystals. There are videos showing how to get to locations, but there are tricky jumps.

At the top of the cliff there are npcs who can put you into the sanctum sprint or the aspect arena mini-games. Completing some of those helps your achievements.

On your hero tab (press h) under the living world part, look at the festival achievements for a list of things, and then post in map chat about the specific ones that confuse you, or that you need help doing.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

A large part of GW2 is going out to explore and be amazed at what you find through trial-and-error. There isn’t a hand-holding NPC at the beginning to tell you exactly what to do for a reason. If you can’t follow a straightforward simple guide that reduces content to a checklist of achievement points and explicit instructions on how to attain those achievement points, then we cannot help you.