re-releasing items

re-releasing items

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

I’m not sure if this topic has been made already or not but, for future events such as the festival of four winds, I, along with many others I’m sure, would appreciate it if living story items weren’t re-released, you can get enough tokens to buy them in a single day now, the halloween and dragon festival related items sure, since they might become seasonal, but a lot of the rewards we worked towards are just cheapened, take the fused gauntlets, before it was ‘i participated in the very first living story arc and i have these to prove it’ now its ‘bought it because it looked funny lol’

to those that say that they didnt get the chance to obtain it, or that hadnt bought the game yet, you will have more chances to get other such items in season two that newcomers woudnt have obtained to make you feel special

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

re-releasing items

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I dont need items to make me feel special …. I pick items because I like them, mini’s/armour because they’re fun to collect.

I, as a collector, do not appreciate your “you snooze, you lose” attitude. I like to have multiple chances/ways of getting an item.

re-releasing items

Taygus.4571

re-releasing items

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

You might want to check https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fotfw/Anet-stop-it

As you’ll see there, most people are actually in favour of re-releasing Living Story items and I feel the same.

re-releasing items

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Actually ANet should just put a “obtained during first festival” on the item description for those that got it last year, they’d be happy because they can show to others they got theirs first.

What a shame that it has to devalues it, you can’t feel superior for having bought the game a year ago.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

the halloween and dragon festival related items sure, since they might become seasonal

Well, at least the raw Bazaar and Pav rewards should be returned in any case then, since they’re also seasonal.

Once you also eliminate those, there’s not that many things left which they returned.

Plus let’s be honest, your item didn’t change in any way from players who are newer to the game getting a chance to get it, too. Does it?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

re-releasing items

Getefix.9150

i dont have a problem with any holiday items being re-released, or any of the home nodes (even the sprocket one) but the following are are things from living story that should remain as exclusive rewards that were re-released:
*Fervid Censer
*Mini Ellen Kiel
*Mini Evon Gnashblade
*Mini Toxic Nimross
*Fused Gauntlet Ticket
*Gas Mask Skin
*Infinite Watchknight Tonic
*Sclerite Karka Shell
*Slickpack

re-releasing items

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

What is it to you ? Where does that impact your quality of life ? Not being able to boast in front of newer players is not exactly “quality of life”, fyi. I had most of those, I don’t even care if they’re released again.

All of that is just plain elitism. “I have this because I bought the game earlier, you can’t and I don’t want you to have it because you bought it later so you can’t have it”, and that’s IT. You can still use it, it will still be as nice as before. Yep, maybe will you see a bit more, so what, does that matter to you, do your character gets uglier with it ? Wanna get something exclusive ? Buy Chaos of Lyssa, there you go.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

re-releasing items

Getefix.9150

I’m not about to spend my entire waking hours farming for that recipe, nor do i have a spare 2500 gold laying about to spend on it – i dont want anything changed right now blah blah blah – i was just requesting that for the future living story rewards, remain rewards/rewarding and not just bought goods or ‘doesnt matter if i dont get it now, it will be available in a few months time’

re-releasing items

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

‘doesnt matter if i dont get it now, it will be available in a few months time’

If that line was instead “Oh, I was on holiday for 2 weeks, and now it’s no longer here”, how would you opinion change?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

re-releasing items

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s not like all those items are hard to get during the past event. I would understand if those items are actually hard to get during the event, but it’s not.

If my memory serves right, the hardest item is probably the 4 wind helmet? The others are just finish the achievemenets during the event?

re-releasing items

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

So how about those who had work schedules and/or real-life commitments during LS segments? kitten them, they should have blown all that off to get those meta-grinds done, is that it?

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

re-releasing items

Taygus.4571

So how about those who had work schedules and/or real-life commitments during LS segments? kitten them, they should have blown all that off to get those meta-grinds done, is that it?

Dude, its an mmo…..aren’t all players lifeless/workless? …………… :P

re-releasing items

Getefix.9150

im not lifeless ether, i have uni exams to prapare for and such – there are weekends, and each event is available for two weeks – plenty of time since most get the meta in one or two days, more if only dailies are used but still achievable

re-releasing items

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It is for China to catch up.

re-releasing items

Getefix.9150

then release them only in china…. pokemon seem to have the regional events thing sorted out…

re-releasing items

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

All of those items were fairly trivial to get, and the main reason people would have missed out on them was because they missed the two week window. I already have all of them, but I don’t begrudge others the second chance to get it if they missed out the first time. Even things like the sprocket generator where I’d be financially better off if they didn’t offer it.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As a player who obtained all those rewards the first time around, I’m all for newer players being given a chance to obtain stuff they missed the first time around. As early adopters, we had our time to enjoy stuff before “the masses” got their hands on it. People should like an item for its own sake, not out of a “I enjoy this item because I have it and you don’t” attitude.

re-releasing items

Getefix.9150

its not that i’m ragin over this, i would just prefer it if exclusive items were kept as exclusives rather than exclusive-but-may-or-may-not-return-in-future items

like i said – just an idea for the future living story seasons

re-releasing items

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

I don’t have anything against old skins returning eventually, but <1 year feels too soon. It’d be like GW1 Wintersday hats popping up a few months before the next Christmas has even rolled around.

re-releasing items

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

If they will give away these items so soon after the original release like this, they might as well add a permanent “living story vendor” and just add new rewards as soon as the new content is released.
If you don’t have to do the content later to get it, why do you need to do it in the firstplace?

Don’t have a strong feeling for or against re-releasing content as I don’t care what other people obtain, but this way is a bit weird. Make them living story chapter related, or permanent, I don’t like this in-between stuff. I want to know if I should grind out stuff because it’s temporary or wait to get it later without needing to do all the achievement grinding.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I had everything from the living story except the slickpack back item or whatever its called. Even though I got them all through doing the living story steps, I am happy for others to have the opportunity to obtain them. They are just fluffy items for looks and I see no need in not letting others get it. Personally, I hope they continue to have things available in the future.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

re-releasing items

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

‘doesnt matter if i dont get it now, it will be available in a few months time’

Ah, procrastination! Wanna know a secret? If you don’t get it now, you better have another reason other than “I can get it later”, because when ‘later’ tries to roll around again, you’ll find another excuse to put it off until the servers shut down

re-releasing items

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

All these threads are the same… They’d say the oppisite thing if something came up and they actually missed out on the item themselves (its only the people who made it for the first event thats saying it) I just pretty much said what needed to be said to every snowflake thread out there… might as well lock them all now anet, thanks in advance

re-releasing items

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

How much time did you have to enjoy these “exclusive” rewards? Yes, a lot.

And if someone thinks theres only people in China that need to “catch up”….no, thats why they appeared in the west also.

Im also in favor of merging all special snowflake threads.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

re-releasing items

onemantankwall.3641

Pfft merge and lock its nothing but hypocrites they’d be begging for a re-release if something like a family member dieing or as simple as ur network going out for the event stopped them from getting the items the first time around, id understand if they followed what they preach themselves but not a single one of them do hy….po….crits

re-releasing items

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Regardless of the very fruitless discussion of ‘muh special snowflake’ – ‘no U!’, I think the problem with this is that Anet once again don’t know what they want their game to be and how it’s supposed to work.

Many of those rewards were an incentive to keep people playing. Knowing they only had 2-4 weeks to obtain those got them logging in and play the game, be it only to grind the meta as quickly as possible. And I can’t imagine that wasn’t intended.

People stayed tuned not so much for the awesome story that was season 1, because for the most part it was pretty underwhelming from what I hear from many and it didn’t blow me away either, but for the AP and the exclusive skins they could get.

Now Anet has made yet another precedence. When rewards from future living story / seasonal content aren’t made available at a later point, people will point at this and say ‘but there you did that, why can’t you again?’ and maybe blame the China release because they are being catered to and the others aren’t.
When they continue to be available after the season went live, people might not log into the game at all for the LS and just wait for the big loot-a-palooza some time later.

As with so many things, Anet doesn’t seem to be able to decide what direction they want to go, resp. listen to the community which is not always the best idea and is usually distorted by a vocal minority that can go for or against any point anyway.

As for the issue itself, I think it’s okay to get the skins now. Though I only got the Zephyrite helmet ones I passed up on last time, since their looks aren’t really my cup of tea.
That being said, why can’t I buy the Zephyrite Rucksack skin for tokens? THAT is the one I really want but apparently it’s not obtainable anymore (because I surely won’t pay 90g for it) or only as a rare RNG drop? :/
If you bring back the helmets, which weren’t Meta rewards, bring back the rucksack too!

re-releasing items

onemantankwall.3641

Anet knows exactly what its doing… It put out old ls items for china to catch up on because there was no game for them during ls1 and its really just a simple decision if they want to keep returning items… It was all made to welcome the Chinese community and i think they did a really good job on it, anet and ncsoft are multimillion dollar companies with a multimillion dollar game trust me they know EVERYTHING they are and want to be doing (alotta people always forget how much money is put into an mmo for some reason)

re-releasing items

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I obtained all of them originally.

Do I care they got re-released? No.

Why? Because it doesn’t affect me in any way.

And it doesn’t affect you. Grow up. Summer melts all snowflakes.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

The only thing that bugged me was fervid censor coming back, but NOT desert rose. I want a cheap desert rose.

Also if you buy it now, you get a superior version with a normal upgrade slot. People with the original have a fractal infusion slot on a rare quality backpiece. Stupid. Thinking about deleting the original and buying this one which costs a mere 400 tokens.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I don’t mind re-releasing older living story items. Here’s the thing, people want to say they worked so hard for an item why should anyone else get another chance, and yet most times it’s buried collecting dust in their bank. Know how many people I see running around these days with sclerite karka shell, or emissary of the mad king title? next to none.

If they re-release an item and the same effort has to be made to obtain it then hey no harm in that. You’re not the only one that got the item originally at that time anyways, so what does it matter if someone else gets it a year later.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

re-releasing items

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t mind re-releasing older living story items. Here’s the thing, people want to say they worked so hard for an item why should anyone else get another chance, and yet most times it’s buried collecting dust in their bank.

Good point. I wasn’t using most of those skins, and if i did use some, it was because they were good looking, not to show off. Well, they still look as good (or bad) as before, so i haven’t lost anything. At the same time i know, that rereleasing them made many people happy. Should i deny them that happiness, even if it costs me nothing, just to satisfy some feeling of false superiority? I think not.

If there’s one thing i feel bad about it is the fact that Mad Memories were not rereleased during second Halloween. Some of my friends wanted that burning book very badly (understandably, since it looks great).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

re-releasing items

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

I for one am glad they returned (even though I had most already), I hate it when things in games are permanently unobtainable. And in regards to your first sentence: yes it has, several times in fact. And in those theads it seemed the people who didn’t mind the items returning outnumbered the people who were upset by a good amount, so there may well be many others who share your opinion on this but it seems far more people don’t.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

When people buy a game, one of the expectations is that all rewards are conceivably obtainable. They don’t buy a game with the expectation that a lot of the cool stuff they see is out of reach simply because they didn’t buy the game on time. Almost none of these rewards were hard to get. The fact that thousands, maybe10s of thousands, of others have them means they are neither rare nor prestigious. Maybe they aren’t seen much now but that’s because they are sitting in the wardrobe unused.

Making items unobtainable would hurt the game imo, as new people will get discouraged and leave. This would only get worse as the game gets older.

There have been many posts where people said they don’t want ANet to remove content permanently. Well, this is one way for content to remain in game even if it only comes around once or twice a year.

re-releasing items

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

The approach to re-release old items is always a good gesture. I hope they also bring back Mad Memories from the first Halloween.

re-releasing items

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

i dont have a problem with any holiday items being re-released, or any of the home nodes (even the sprocket one) but the following are are things from living story that should remain as exclusive rewards that were re-released:
*Fervid Censer
*Mini Ellen Kiel
*Mini Evon Gnashblade
*Mini Toxic Nimross
*Fused Gauntlet Ticket
*Gas Mask Skin
*Infinite Watchknight Tonic
*Sclerite Karka Shell
*Slickpack

No where but in your mind were these items ever listed as “exclusive” to those events and ONLY available from those events for the remainder of time. You were simply mistaken as to how “special” those items were / are. You had them “exclusively” for over a year….it’s time to move on and delude yourself with some other “shiny”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

re-releasing items

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Personally, I’d want an opportunity to get to replay the Living Story content, which I missed out on. Some of it, as instanced areas, if not all of the little details associated with each story portion.

Not everyone has the luxury of playing every day – personally was busy with school and work for the 2 years GW2 has been out, with very little time to play.

Achievements and rewards returning would also be nice, in addition to new content.