A fairer way to roll Fractured update

A fairer way to roll Fractured update

in Fractured

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

Now that I have calmed down it is time for a serious post on this update. The fractured update has many problems with the way it is being handled, and if it gets released the way it is currently, it will cause me and most likely many others that have invested hundreds if not a thousand plus hours in fractals to quit. So here is a way to release all of your new content and make the players happy at the same time.

1. Get rid of the Leaderboards: I am willing to bet that 90% or more of the players scale 50+ do not care if there is a leaderboard because we do not play for recognition or rewards but rather for satisfaction and challenges. As far as the players at lower levels if a higher rank on a leaderboard is the only reason they are doing higher levels then they are likely to not be at the caliber required to play at that skill level and will make it much harder for the people who should be there. Even if you do add leader boards how is it fair to the veteran players that put in the hard work and time to get to where they are if you roll them back down to the people who did not put in the same hard work and time. The players currently on top put in the time to climb to where they are so would you blow up the mountain that they worked so hard to climb only to make them climb another one. The 50 levels that people at 80 would be loosing is 62.5% of their work, this would be about like stealing 62.5% of someones paycheck, house, car… etc because the person next to them did not take the time to earn it as well, and I know some of you are going to say that this is just a game and not real life but it is the principle that matters not where it is being done. There where no resets done in PvP or Achievement Points when those leaderboards came out so why should there be with this update.

2. Do not reset anyone’s fractal level: If you are rolling back fractal levels for the point of fairness on the leaderboard then first, see point 1 and second, how is this fair to the players that put in the hard work and time to get to where they are. The only way to fairly strip everyone down to 30 would be to instead strip everyone of 50 levels period no matter their current level, this is the only way to treat everyone fairly in this situation. However instead of stripping people of their hard earned levels, just add the new special Mistlock Instability at scale 50 along with any other content that you plan to add at 30 and leave the players that have a level of over 50 where they are. Most of those high level players will go back to 50 anyway to learn the new content and then will slowly work their way back up.

3. Leave the Agony Resistance the way it is: The way AR is at the moment does not need to change, instead just add ascended armor with a +5 infusion slot. This will allow people to get to 85 AR which should allow them to eventually get to scale 80 which is the current cap anyway. If someday you want to set the fractal cap above 80 you can then add the ability to create an endless infusion that people can add +1 to as they collect them on their runs. The best way I can see of implementing this would be to have a mystic forge recipe for adding +1 at a time to amulets… something like how you currently infuse a ring on the forge.

I personally spent around 60 hours getting my fractal level from 50 to 68 so that I would be able to try 58 and 68 on the first day of this release. However if you where to implement the Fractured update in this way, yes I would still try them on day one but… I would then start back at level 50 and work my way back up to learn the new content. This is also the only method I can see to both release your entire update (minus the useless leaderboards) while still being fair to all players and keeping your veteran players from quitting the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I love that you are adding new fractals and increasing the difficultly and the new rewards are nice as well. But screwing over your player base is not the way to release an update.

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions as to how this could be better handled but this is not a thread to rage at this obvious utter failure so remember to keep it civil.

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

(edited by halfsquelch.3465)