Aetherblade fractal and pets

in Fractured

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Can you please fix the crap where pets were getting instantly downed by laser? It was kind of a joke to have a pet class in that encounter.

in Fractured

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Such a joke that your pet will no longer share AR with it’s owner.
That pet is a part of you, a part of your class.
Also brings it down with spirit weapons for guardian.
If a boss gets an unlucky shot of AR off on a weapon the weapon is gone prematurely.
Anet’s dev team need a serious wakeup call.
Bring back GW1’s crew.
They had a vision and made a very happy fanbase.

in Fractured

Zenith.7301

Such a joke that your pet will no longer share AR with it’s owner.
That pet is a part of you, a part of your class.
Also brings it down with spirit weapons for guardian.
If a boss gets an unlucky shot of AR off on a weapon the weapon is gone prematurely.
Anet’s dev team need a serious wakeup call.
Bring back GW1’s crew.
They had a vision and made a very happy fanbase.

Pets will no longer be affected by agony.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I hope ANET makes pets immune to the laser like Subject Alpha’s AoE.

It certainly would be a great reason to use Ranger in FoTM, and give them at least one niche that makes them unique (pet immune to certain boss attacks…)

in Fractured

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Just as i expected, aether laser room and Molten Firestorms AoE spam renders the whole class ability useless. Even with agony not affecting pets they will get destroyed by the direct damage of these attacks/mechanics.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

dulfy’s preview stated that companions (pets, minions etc.) are now immune to Agony in Fractals. Whether or not this extends to environmental effects like the laser is unknown, but there’s room to hope!

in Fractured

Zenith.7301

Just as i expected, aether laser room and Molten Firestorms AoE spam renders the whole class ability useless. Even with agony not affecting pets they will get destroyed by the direct damage of these attacks/mechanics.

In the molten facility you’ll most likely be forced to only use drakes for their large HP pools and use Guard.

My big pet peeve for that was the Aetherblade one. That dungeon was pure anti-ranger design. I wouldn’t even say anti-ranger, because I actually suspect they didn’t even consider rangers when designing that dungeon, much like how they completely neglected rangers with Liadri.

in Fractured

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

In the molten facility you’ll most likely be forced to only use drakes for their large HP pools and use Guard.

My big pet peeve for that was the Aetherblade one. That dungeon was pure anti-ranger design. I wouldn’t even say anti-ranger, because I actually suspect they didn’t even consider rangers when designing that dungeon, much like how they completely neglected rangers with Liadri.

Agreed. Robert Hrouda was the last person who had even the slightest interest in making rangers more universally accepted and we all know how well that ended.

But to look on the bright side I can finally ditch my ranger in favour of my ele due to the account bound fractal levels and gathering tools. Now if only wvw ranks were account wide.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

But to look on the bright side I can finally ditch my ranger in favour of my ele due to the account bound fractal levels and gathering tools. Now if only wvw ranks were account wide.

Ah don’t worry, I’m sure when the new WvW maps come out they’ll just reset everybody’s wvw ranks since they didn’t earn them in the new content.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Pet’s should learn to dodge, not be immune to agony. Since a pet is practically part of you, it should be subject to everything like you are. It makes Agony less of a big deal to Rangers, which isn’t a solution.