Best trailer ever!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

This trailer really is the perfect mesh of the original, extremely time consuming painted cut scenes (ie: the ones right when you make a character) and the in-game engine cut scenes. One of the best cinematic trailers in video games… your team should be really proud.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

All future cut scenes must be like this! Jack your expansion up with them.

Also this should have been your commercial. Instead of the Zhaitan spoiler

Marketing tip:

Step 1. Contact google and have them play this before videos on youtube. Instant another 3 mil copies sold.

Step 2. Then put all the money into PvP >=D

Step 3. Push E-sports with a new balanced and well funded part of the game.

Step 4. ????

Step 5. PROFIT!!!!!

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I have to agree. While I understand the appeal of showing off in-game graphics in the trailers I appreciate ArenaNet’s more artistic style trailers like this one far more. This artistry is part of what sold me on the game in the first place. Hoping to see more of it.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

Agreed with the OP, I absolutely loved this trailer. Definitely one of my favorite GW2 cinematics so far.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Amazing trailer, it was even better because it didn’t include dredge or harpy fractal!

Trolling aside, artistically speaking, it is gorgeous!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

Gorgeous trailer! Big /bow to the team. I keep watching it over and over again, haha

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: techjunkey.8253

techjunkey.8253

Wow, thanks for bringing this video up. This is the first time I have watched it and I agree, it was well done. Thumbs up!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

If only the game was like the trailer………….

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

If only the game was like the trailer………….

You mean painted? Because all the stuff in the trailer is in game already so I’m not sure what are you getting at.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Best trailer. You guys are amazing

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’ll be great if more fractals where more similar to what we see in the cinematic, though.

A giant mossman? The underwater statues reacting? A surprise at the gate in the urban fractal? A straight beam you have to avoid instead that hard to see wiggly tentacle-like stream thingy in the jade maw? Now those things would have been cool.

Who knows. Maybe one day they’ll have time to make “4th boss” versions of each fractal that surprise players with more variety. And maybe even a longer version of the jade maw that has some of those Kanaxxai-like demons, that may appear as a normal fractal.

For example, get to the swamp as the 4th fractal, and as players approach the wisp trees, a colossal mossman raises from underwater behind them. He thrashes the trees with his axes and breaks a rock wall in a cinematic, revealing a swampy valley, and players are forced in, and must fight him while running away in an endlessly looping swampy corridor filled with traps and dire wolves as the mossman chases them throwing giant axes at them.

Yeaaah. That’s an instability for you.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

As much as I enjoyed that trailer, I’m now disappointed. The trailer makes Fractals seem way better than it is. So I watched it thinking they’re getting a nice revamp. Then you tell us the trailer is from the original Fractals release. Thank goodness this wasn’t up then, as I’d have been even more disappointed with Fractals all this time.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

There are some pretty exciting cinematics coming in the future…I hope you guys will receive them as well as the Fractals piece.

Yes please, I liked the “old” style of cutscene Ascalon Catacombs had as its intro… if changing to this new flavor makes producing cinematics, similar to the trailer, faster (by comparison) than the hand drawn concept art ones which we have seen all too little of and by proxy means we see more fancier cutscenes that have same spirit as the hand drawn ones… yes please absolutely more of them.

Not only is the trailer an amazing to look at but it feels like a natural advancement of the concept artsy style we have seen before.

Edit: if you ever find that your team has nothing to do… as unlikely as it would be, it would be nice to see some kind of cinematic added to the beginning of every dungeon story mode the first time I saw the AC cinematic most dungeons felt like they were missing something because of a lack of similar intro. So if you now have tech that makes producing fancy cinematics easier.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

How come whenever I do fractals its not that epic :’(

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

(Somewhat related) There is a plan to allow people to playback cinematics through some sort of story UI. This should help people catch up on what they missed.

That sounds amazing.

We ready have an item that plays a scene… But ts not skippable, and takes up precious bank space :P.

I loved this trailer btw C:

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Amazing video, guys. Would love if this level of quality was consistent across the board but I guess it’s hard with the kind of schedule you’re working.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Loved the trailer. If only the content was as good.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

(b) all our cinematics have the ability to be skip-able. Sometimes someone forgets to flag a cinematic as skippable :0

I can think of at least one that needs some fixing. CoE Path 1, ending cinematic, where the Submarine punches through the wall. Please fix this.

I believe there’s another 1 or 2 dungeons that do the same thing, but this one comes to mind and I have to watch it every kitten time I do CoE P1.

noice

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Because you don’t press the jump button often enough.

Seriously, try it .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

GW1 factions cinematic trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcFEe2odAuo

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Fractured trailer – simply Amazing!

Best trailer ever!

in Fractured

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Because you don’t press the jump button often enough.

Seriously, try it .

It’s true ;D.

It’s even better if you’re a female Sylvari, for additional epicness.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.