Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

in Fractured

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

With this most recent update, the CFSoM’s item rarity was changed from basic (white) to rare (yellow) and players are reporting that it now appears to function identically to a Master’s Salvage Kit. The item description still says that it has the same stats as a Basic Salvage Kit. Anet has never actually said anything about this that I could find, and it wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes. So is this intentional? What’s the story?

in Fractured

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Yeah, I did indeed notice my bags filling up with runes and sigils?

in Fractured

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

I’ve noticed this as well, and submitted a bug report during the weekend, since the functionality was clearly in conflict with item description. While I don’t personally care about the issue going either way, it would be great to get an official statement.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Fractured

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

The basic salvage kit also is getting higher drops of runes and sigils though.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yay for thing breaking beneficially.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Well, that explains why almost every single green I’ve salvaged has given me the rune as well.

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah, I did indeed notice my bags filling up with runes and sigils?

I noticed the same thing, I thought I was just unusually lucky or something because the description was the same. ;o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Yep, definitely noticed an increase in rarer mats and upgrades.. it’s definitely not the usual 20%.

Was running fractals and I usually salvage every green and blue along the way to free up bag space, only lately that hasn’t been working because I’ve been replacing every blue/green with a sigil/rune.

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

That doesn’t mesh with my own experiences. Near as I can figure, the basic kit is working as it always has, and also this is the first time I’ve heard anyone reporting basic kits getting more runes/sigils.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, it’s been noticed for a few days now. I used to salvage my loot as I went to free up space, but now that tends to be counter-productive! On the bright side, at least it’s lots more fodder to chuck into the Mystic Forge.

in Fractured

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

So that’s why every green I salvage seems to give me its crappy sigil lately. I knew I wasn’t hallucinating.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Fractured

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

thank you for bringing something that is ACTUALLY IN OUR FAVOR…to their attention. much appreciated. im sure this will be fixed immediately

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Fractured

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I hope they do plan on boosting it. I never bothered buying one because I prefer to just use stones and make mystic salvage kits. But if they plan on making it better, i’ll definitely buy 1 for atleast 1 of my characters.

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

The Copper-Fed-Salvage-o-Matic definitely improved. I didn’t give it much thought, but now that you all mention it, I DO get a lot of sigils and runes lately. More than I used to.

Definitely bugged.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Fractured

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DONT TELL THEM!

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

If you don’t want to tell them when there is a bug in your favor, you should not report bugs that are not, either

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Fractured

Doggie.3184

If you don’t want to tell them when there is a bug in your favor, you should not report bugs that are not, either

But that would be silly. :o

in Fractured

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

When did this happen? I only use my copper fed on blues and greens.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in Fractured

Doggie.3184

Probably after last patch.
I’ve used it now on a handful of Rares and gotten 1-3 Ectos so meow.

in Fractured

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am really hoping it stays. I do not understand the people that complain about getting extra items from salvaging.. Oh well.. fingers crossed it is intentional

in Fractured

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

from my experience with it:
ecto return is similar to Basic (about 55%)
upgraded material is similar to Basic (about 10%)
socket return is similar to Master (about 75%)
Dust returned from salvaging ectos is similar to Master (about 1.85 dust/ecto), though I never did test Basic kit on ectos

in Fractured

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Since there was considerable displeasure with it when it was first introduced as a “basic” salvage kit, perhaps it’s intended.

I mean, if were spending gems on something like this, it should be at minimum equal to a master salvage kit. We have unlimited use top quality node mining items, so it seems only fitting the salvage kit should at least be a master kit.

I can accept that it shouldn’t be exotic level due to them possibly making money of the black lion salvage kit, but on that note, I’d actually like to see something implemented in game to upgrade the salvage-o-matic to black lion salvage-o-matic.

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

Yeah I honestly think it should be at least master level any way, since we’re buying it from the gem store.

That would be like the unlimited gathering tools only having an iron level rarity, no one would buy them.

I personally think it should be exotic level, but like it’s been said already, it would defeat the purpose of having BL kits in the gem store.

If this is a bug, then I really hope they leave it with master level.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

When did this happen? I only use my copper fed on blues and greens.

You didn’t notice all the minor runes and sigils suddenly filling your inventory?

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

They will most likely ban everybody currently abusing this bug.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

So we’re just not supposed to use an item we paid for?

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

The people who made snowflakes bought gw2, and they’re just not supposed to use the content of a game for which they paid?

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

The people who made snowflakes bought gw2, and they’re just not supposed to use the content of a game for which they paid?

What? you don’t buy snowflakes from the gem store at extra cost, do you?

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s an interesting thought. The kit is returning far more sigils/runes than it should (assuming this is a bug) so players are getting free sigils/runes they shouldn’t be getting — and that’s equivalent to free gold that they shouldn’t be getting.

So to boil it down, players are using this bug to obtain gold that otherwise would not have entered the economy. That sounds like an exploit to me.

Edit: I doubt you’re in any danger if you use this exploit a few times, but if you’re using it a lot (say to get your monthly crafting via salvaging for blue luck in order to craft green luck), you perhaps should stop and buy some basic kits to use instead for now.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

in Fractured

Doggie.3184

Those sigils/runes are worth like 1-30~ copper to 1 silver. :/

in Fractured

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

I only salvage blues and greens with it and the sigils and runes are only only worth 16 copper. Haven’t noticed more materials than the basics give so having my inventory filled with a ton of useless sigils is more annoying than anything.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Eh, I’m safe then. I’ve been recycling my Minor Runes/Sigils into the Mystic Forge. No good runes/sigils returned so far, so net profit is 0.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

What if I normally buy rares from the tp to farm ectos or luck?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

So the issue is not with the CFSoM, but rather with the base kit being broken? Heh.

In any case, interested to see what comes of this. I hope there was nothing intentional about it, I’d hate to essentially be forced to buy the thing because it’d be so cheap. I guess in 2-3 months I’d have saved gold, sure.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Edit: I doubt you’re in any danger if you use this exploit a few times, but if you’re using it a lot (say to get your monthly crafting via salvaging for blue luck in order to craft green luck), you perhaps should stop and buy some basic kits to use instead for now.

No, the kit rarity makes absolutely no difference to the amount of luck you receive, so luck has not changed.

The only difference is my bags now fill up with a bunch of minor runes and sigils, and while I can sell them for a whopping 16c a piece it’s almost more of an inconvenience due to the bag slots they take up.

For yellows I’m still using my mystic kit, but if there’s dev confirmation that this is an intended change I probably won’t make another after my current one runs out.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

No, the kit rarity makes absolutely no difference to the amount of luck you receive, so luck has not changed.

Edited because I was wrong.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

in Fractured

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

This goes directly against what Anet said when luck came out. If it’s actually true or not, that I’m not sure.

Actually they said the kit quality did not make a difference on luck at all.

Here is the link for you
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless/first#post2771643

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

This goes directly against what Anet said when luck came out. If it’s actually true or not, that I’m not sure.

Actually they said the kit quality did not make a difference on luck at all.

Here is the link for you
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless/first#post2771643

Ah, my apologies. So it seems that when it was released they said it would be affected by kit quality, but then made a small adjustment in some forum.

Thanks for the correct info

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

So the issue is not with the CFSoM, but rather with the base kit being broken? Heh.

In any case, interested to see what comes of this. I hope there was nothing intentional about it, I’d hate to essentially be forced to buy the thing because it’d be so cheap. I guess in 2-3 months I’d have saved gold, sure.

Take what he said with a grain of salt. I’ve been using basic kits too and have noticed no change in the amount of sigils I’ve been receiving, and in addition, nobody else has ever reported basic kit functionality changing, neither here, nor in game, nor in the reddit threads about this.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The only difference is my bags now fill up with a bunch of minor runes and sigils, and while I can sell them for a whopping 16c a piece it’s almost more of an inconvenience due to the bag slots they take up.

For yellows I’m still using my mystic kit, but if there’s dev confirmation that this is an intended change I probably won’t make another after my current one runs out.

What I meant was that if you’re salvaging for luck, you’re probably using the kit a lot. And if you’re using the kit a lot, then you’re getting many more sigils that you otherwise should be getting (again, assuming this is a bug). So in the end, you’re making gold (in the form of sigils) that you otherwise would not have made — and that’s what’s to be concerned about.

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

Nobody is in danger of being banned for this bug, if it is even a bug. What would Anet have us do? Not use our CFSoM? Just because we get more essentially worthless sigils and runes? Nah.

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

Nobody is in danger of being banned for this bug, if it is even a bug. What would Anet have us do? Not use our CFSoM? Just because we get more essentially worthless sigils and runes? Nah.

Yes

Essentially worthless is not the same thing as worthless. An unfair advantage is still an advantage no matter how big or small.

If I were hacking in wvw in order to do 2% more damage, would that be worthy of a ban? I mean, it’s just 2%, not like 100% or anything.

It’s still an abuse of a game bug for monetary gain.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Sanderinoa is more skilled than me, I think it is an unfair advantage.
Nerf Sanderinoa.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Yes

Essentially worthless is not the same thing as worthless. An unfair advantage is still an advantage no matter how big or small.

If I were hacking in wvw in order to do 2% more damage, would that be worthy of a ban? I mean, it’s just 2%, not like 100% or anything.

It’s still an abuse of a game bug for monetary gain.

Poor comparison. The player base did not “Hack” to get the salvage o matic to work as it does currently. If it turns out to b e a mistake on Anets part then it will get reverted back in a small patch. You people are so paranoid.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

We paid for the item that purpose of is constant usage. If we get more than we expected, nice! It’s a bonus. But I paid for something I can use constantly, regardless if it has a bug or not.
If I buy a car and it has a better car mileage than advertised, do I complain? No. Am I gonna get penalized for driving that car? No. If the car had worse mileage than advertised, then I’d have a problem, because then it’s false advertisement.
It’s a product that Anet sold to us, therefore we use it as it is intended. If the results are better than expected, I don’t see how that’s our fault for using something we bough to use constantly. It’s advertised as basic. It does what it’s advertised to do and “allegedly” more. So the product does meet the advertised description requirements.

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

Poor comparison. The player base did not “Hack” to get the salvage o matic to work as it does currently. If it turns out to b e a mistake on Anets part then it will get reverted back in a small patch. You people are so paranoid.

People who salvaged snowflakes did not “hack” to get the snowflake and salvage kits. Yet they were all banned. Anet seems pretty clear on this stance.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Romo.3709

People who salvaged snowflakes did not “hack” to get the snowflake and salvage kits. Yet they were all banned. Anet seems pretty clear on this stance.

Does that mean I’m not allowed to use something I clearly bought for a specific purpose of using constantly? I mean at the moment salvaging with basic or mystic salvage kit is still luck based when it comes to runes and sigils, and to be honest 90% of runes and sigils we get from them is just worthless pieces cluttering my inventory. So I don’t see how’s that an exploit at all. If I was to salvage a rare armor and get some materials and rare armor back, then I can see how that would be an exploit. Otherwise, a few extra copper is barely any excuse of an exploit.

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

If I was to salvage a rare armor and get some materials and rare armor back, then I can see how that would be an exploit. Otherwise, a few extra copper is barely any excuse of an exploit.

Oh, so it doesn’t really count if you only exploit a little. Okay, crystal clear now. Thanks.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Romo.3709

If I was to salvage a rare armor and get some materials and rare armor back, then I can see how that would be an exploit. Otherwise, a few extra copper is barely any excuse of an exploit.

Oh, so it doesn’t really count if you only exploit a little. Okay, crystal clear now. Thanks.

I’m using my Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic that I paid for. That is all. You can’t penalize me for using something I bought to use. Using an item that u paid with gems is not an exploit. With all those minor runes and sigils it’s actually becoming an nuisance at this point. I’m not getting any richer with this.
If Anet doesn’t want me to use it, then give me my gems back.

(edited by Romo.3709)

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

In fact it can not in any way considered an exploit because of RNG: the items says we have a change at getting what we are getting, so we are just all being extraordinarily lucky

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]