Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

in Fractured

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

Ethics is obviously tr-JOKING and doesn’t seriously believe that you’ll be banned.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Ethics is obviously tr-JOKING and doesn’t seriously believe that you’ll be banned.

Response:

Oh, so it doesn’t really count if you only exploit a little. Okay, crystal clear now. Thanks.

Doesn’t sound very joking-ly?

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Poor comparison. The player base did not “Hack” to get the salvage o matic to work as it does currently. If it turns out to b e a mistake on Anets part then it will get reverted back in a small patch. You people are so paranoid.

People who salvaged snowflakes did not “hack” to get the snowflake and salvage kits. Yet they were all banned. Anet seems pretty clear on this stance.

If I was to salvage a rare armor and get some materials and rare armor back, then I can see how that would be an exploit. Otherwise, a few extra copper is barely any excuse of an exploit.

Oh, so it doesn’t really count if you only exploit a little. Okay, crystal clear now. Thanks.

Its not an exploit. Nobody needed to change anything for this to happen. Most players are not even aware of it. How could a player abuse the SoM like the looping ectos from snowflakes? Not the same. Unless your going out of your way to purchase hundreds of rares to break down for ectos with the salvage o matic then I can’t see what the problem is. Your not even saving much money since it still costs 3c to use. Ppl were making lots of gold with the snowflake issue. The only point that these two issues share is the fact that Anet made a mistake.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the snowflake was rng-based too (random chance to get ectos). just the average return was more than the cost to make them.
the only difference between that exploit and this exploit is clearness of intent.
then, there were people that would craft 10,000 snowflake trinkets then salvage them. hard to say they didn’t know they were making a profit.
here, people normally will use these kits to salvage stuff. to prove exploiting intent, they would have to look at everyone’s habits and show that the player didn’t salvage anything before, but now they’re salvaging 10,000 rares a week. they couldn’t ethically ban someone who always uses that kit to salvage 10,000 rares a week and this bug just happened to coincide with their habits.
I say it’s too hard for them to say who should be banned, so they won’t. But this /is/ an exploit.
Personally, I’m not doing anything different. I’ll still use it to salvage blues and greens (I’m actually more annoyed that I now have to deal with minor sigils than glad for the extra income)

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

And they banned pleople for this?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Fractured

Mystic.5934

no bans for using this kit, so far.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Does it? I bought this game, so I should be able to play it how I want, according to you guys. However, I would get banned for exploiting. Apparently unless I only exploit a little bit, with your logic.

no bans for using this kit, so far.

so far.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The last few posts of this topic sound like the guys who got their accounts botched for massively exploiting the Karma bug at games launch and are slipping in here with a sour perspective on it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

The last few posts of this topic sound like the guys who got their accounts botched for massively exploiting the Karma bug at games launch and are slipping in here with a sour perspective on it.

And you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.

My game account has never been banned, permanent or temporary.

If you don’t like me pointing out the fact that this is considered an exploit, so be it. But don’t make an assumption about me, especially when it’s wrong

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

And you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.

My game account has never been banned, permanent or temporary.

If you don’t like me pointing out the fact that this is considered an exploit, so be it. But don’t make an assumption about me, especially when it’s wrong

For all we know this is an intended change, not an exploit.

It wouldn’t be the first time a change gets made and the corresponding tooltip doesn’t get updated.

I don’t really care either way, but I’ll be continuing to use my salvage kit as I always have.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

It wouldn’t be the first time a change gets made and the corresponding tooltip doesn’t get updated.

I don’t really care either way, but I’ll be continuing to use my salvage kit as I always have.

That’s a fair point. It has been used by many people before. “If Anet didn’t want me jumping on this boat, they would just put an invisible wall there”

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Does it? I bought this game, so I should be able to play it how I want, according to you guys. However, I would get banned for exploiting. Apparently unless I only exploit a little bit, with your logic.

Then use your own logic. You can’t ban everyone that bought the kit. Everyone bought it to use it every day for everyday purposes. How’s that an exploit? I use it for whites, greens and blues still, while using mystic on rares because I want to be 100% sure I’m getting better stuff. And then u have the entire chunk of population that is not even aware that’s anything different.
Exploiting is using something in unintended manner to get unintended results. I bought the kit to use it every day on my everyday crappy drops. You’re telling me I’m exploiting because it drops extra 6-7 coppers on average use? How’s that my fault? I’m not gonna stop using it just because there is some allegation from some players that it’s doing more than it’s supposed to. If you don’t want to use it, don’t. Simple.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

That’s a fair point. It has been used by many people before. “If Anet didn’t want me jumping on this boat, they would just put an invisible wall there”

So please, cuz I’m dying to see your logic in this. What do you expect people to do? Stop using it till Anet decides to give any kind of response? We’re using it to salvage stuff, not to make money…

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

The lack of response leads me to believe that its not as simple as “yes its a glitch” or “no its not”, perhaps some dark wizardry is afoot. Maybe gremlins broke into the Anet offices late at night and tinkered with the code, but nobody is 100% sure that some other department didn’t make that change intentionally, so they can’t say its a glitch.

in Fractured

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I wish the salvage rate for runes and sigils would be 5%. I end up deleting the green ones anyways.

I use my mystic kits for yellows

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Fractured

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I think it is not a glitch. I think the copper gives more runes when used is to prevent champion farmers from farming for a long time without visiting a merchant. It’s slows them down because their bag space is being filled even when their items are salvaged.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lipstick.3469

Lipstick.3469

In hindsight this might be true.. I’ve also seen an increase in green runes/sigils.

Also stop talking about bans. Noone will get banned for this.

(edited by Lipstick.3469)

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

I think it is not a glitch. I think the copper gives more runes when used is to prevent champion farmers from farming for a long time without visiting a merchant. It’s slows them down because their bag space is being filled even when their items are salvaged.

You’re assuming they’d bother to vendor them. If it was less profitable to stop farming to sell them, champion farmers would just delete them.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Do you create an infinite loop like the snowflake thingy? No. So please… don’t compare the two.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Posted by: Preacher.9526

Preacher.9526

I delete 99% of the green runes/sigils. They are an annoyance… simple as that. Just like the people crying about it being an exploit.

Champ farmers are not making more money because of this… they are making less. If they miss 1 champ… just 1 to vender all these crappy runes/sigils then they actually lose money…. LOSE.

People are funny though. I still use my MF kits for rares, with how many stones we got from achievement chest they are very cheap to make now too.

Blackgate – Bjorn Ironside

(edited by Preacher.9526)

in Fractured

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

So I should now avoid using the item I have paid gems for?
Some people are ridiculous, this bug is more annoying than it is useful anyways, because I get bombarded with useless sigils and runes, when all I want is to free up some space.

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

The fact that it gives more money back in return from its use and that you can get ectos from rares. The sigil issue that you ppl keep bringing up is e relevant. Sell the stuff or destroy it. If the SoM acts as a mystic salvage kit then I want to know if this was intended.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

As long as you continue to use the thing as normal there is absolutely no reason for concern. Anyone who is paranoid about this doesn’t understand what an exploit is and is quite literally paranoid.

If you start buying extremely cheap rares and salvage them all with the CFSoM instead of a high end salvage kit you may get in trouble as it is clear that’s not normal behavior. But using it for normal use is normal. Regardless of the outcome you’re using it as normal and that is not an exploit. You have to do something abnormal, get an abnormal result, and then continue to do that thing in order to be exploiting, because that’s what an exploit is. Doing something normal and getting an abnormal result is not exploiting. It’s a bug. Report the bug and continue to do what you normally do.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

Tests done on reddit indicate that the salvage o matic returns upgrades and rare materials at the same rate as a master salvage kit, but returns ectos at a lower rate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1sdl9a/copperfed_salvageomatic_and_masters_salvage_kit/

in Fractured

Mystic.5934

I have never been banned or warned by anet or w/e about exploits. however, I was here during when the snowflake exploit was around (didn’t know about it until it was gone).
exploits like that are only ever labeled ‘exploit’ after the fact at the time, everyone uses the same arguments here: “it’s likely intended”, “it’s in the game, I should get to use it”, “how else are we supposed to make money?”, “it’s probably their way of decreasing mithril supply.” and there are never any announcements about it until after the fact.
It sucks, but you really need to be careful about over-using things that are obviously bugs.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The fact is Anet is the judge, the executioner and also the juror w/ no lawyer on your side said it’s all: you all should better be careful. They can rewrite the whole book if they wanted it too. Just to make sure you are not in the minority group when the sh** hits the fan.

And I was here during the snowflake exploit (never care about it btw) and people used exactly the same excuses using here. Just saying.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Fractured

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As I recall, the snowflake bans came for people who made thousands of them, not for people who made a bare handful. If you use the kit for normal gameplay (as I am happily doing while leveling my ranger), you won’t be churning through gazillions of high end stuff in warehouse sized job lots. I’m not worried.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

And I was here during the snowflake exploit (never care about it btw) and people used exactly the same excuses using here. Just saying.

Wow… You guys all talk like we’re getting rich or something… It’s a salvage robot that was specifically sold to people that go through extreme amount of salvage kits a day. Obviously not going out there and salvaging tons of exotics and rares with it, since it much better to use Mystic Kit.
The fact is, if this was in fact considered an exploit (which I highly doubt), Anet would jump on it the day it was mentioned. It’s been two weeks now without any Anet involvement. Do the logical thinking. We’re talking copper here, not gold.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Wow… You guys all talk like we’re getting rich or something… It’s a salvage robot that was specifically sold to people that go through extreme amount of salvage kits a day. Obviously not going out there and salvaging tons of exotics and rares with it, since it much better to use Mystic Kit.
The fact is, if this was in fact considered an exploit (which I highly doubt), Anet would jump on it the day it was mentioned. It’s been two weeks now without any Anet involvement. Do the logical thinking. We’re talking copper here, not gold.

Speak for yourself, I can usually get a couple silver for runes and sigils. Copper, ha! I’m rolling is silvers!

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

My message to you guys is you do not know what Anet’s outstanding principle is. They hold all the cards and reveal only those working for them. And if the customers are the minority, you would never know what would be the outcomes. Buyer bewares.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in Fractured

Psycho Robot.7835

The most recent update reverted the change. New LS means old LS forum is abandoned.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/wintersday2013/Copper-Fed-Salvage-o-Matic