Damage is kind of out of control

in Fractured

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Now I know you take extra damage when transformed as a dolphin in the Underwater Fractal…. but it this normal? This is Fractal level 2. This damage is absurd, especially considering I have a full toughness build on my necromancer.

Attachments:

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Fractured

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This is why they suggest just going full zerker in PvE. And honestly, it’s one of my absolute least favorite qualities of GW2 is it has been a vicious cycle of Burst harder and make more 1 shot mechanics to slow down the burst, rinse and repeat. This cycle has absolutely killed the ability to pseudo tank, and I’m really not sure why it had to come to that. I always loved tanking and I think being able to play a self-sufficient tank without the need of healers so the burst could do their thing better would have been phenomenal, but alas I fear its far too late for that sort of change.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Fractured

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This is why they suggest just going full zerker in PvE. And honestly, it’s one of my absolute least favorite qualities of GW2 is it has been a vicious cycle of Burst harder and make more 1 shot mechanics to slow down the burst, rinse and repeat. This cycle has absolutely killed the ability to pseudo tank, and I’m really not sure why it had to come to that. I always loved tanking and I think being able to play a self-sufficient tank without the need of healers so the burst could do their thing better would have been phenomenal, but alas I fear its far too late for that sort of change.

Anet wants you to explode rainbow unicorn lightning, fire and 5 digit numbers everywhere so that the game can look cool. Didn’t you know?

in Fractured

Posted by: Sanarian.9614

Sanarian.9614

Or just do what every reasonable person out there is doing: wait for the next batch of MMOs and play one of those. Maybe we’ll actually see complex mechanics instead of more oneshot moves on those.

Sanarian [ME] | Thief | Blackgate

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There’s a champ krait in the dolphin side somewhere and I think he’s spiked me for 28k. There are also some pretty annoying krait in the deep water side with dangerous attacks that aren’t in the combat log.

in Fractured

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Those attacks are designed to one shot you because of how the that part was designed. This is the reason they put that effect on you so you can’t go full tank and just breeze through without any tactics. Tanking is still viable in this game if you have the right setup and in certain areas

in Fractured

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Obvious troll is obvious. Dolphin segment screenshot.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Fractured

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Hows that toughness build working for you harrharr.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Fractured

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

Obvious troll is obvious. Dolphin segment screenshot.

Also stated in the description.

OP: it’s a stealth stage. If you get caught, you die. That’s how it is.

in Fractured

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Fair point. Looked at the screen right off the bat. Figured there is no way a lv27 would not be aware of this mechanic yet.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Fractured

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The dolphin section is my most hated part of this entire game. Every time I do it, I hate it even more. It’s just another garbage 1-2 shot mechanic, but wait…..you are in the form of a dolphin so it’s “different”.

AkGeo is right though, the point is the stealth nature of that part.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Enemies do tend to one or two shot me in that section, so that would seem to be normal to me. Haven’t tried the new Fractals yet though, so take that with a grain of salt.

in Fractured

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

The krait in that section are intended to 1 or 2 shot you. Strip your gear off (including aquabreather) and try to get through it. Your gear won’t make a difference in your survival, and if you die you don’t have a repair bill.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Oddly enough, all of the other krait do normal amounts of damage in this fractal, and do not one-shot you. Also, there are some parts of this fractal where I really wonder how you can get by without being spotted. I’ve never been able to make sense of this fractal.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Fractured

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

I’ve never been able to make sense of this fractal.

It is a strange one. The krait are supposed to deal silly amounts of damage because that specific sequence is about evasion (and loads of luck). What also works is, as usual, sticking together – because you are all together you can just take turns using ability 5 when someone gets killed.

Also remember, only one person needs to make it.

Edit: Oh, and if you are having problems, get naked before going in (that includes your backpiece and aquabreather!) – that way you avoid the armor damage if you repeatedly fail.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)