[DnT] NA Fractal Level 50

in Fractured

Posted by: Timlankey.6239

Timlankey.6239

Here is the screenshot: http://imgur.com/fJOEosX

I believe one person got 1st ahead of us but we are the first in Death and Taxes to get to 50.

FoTM 50 People:
Timlankey
Rinne
Menno
Abriel

Others Who Helped:
DarkLance – Level 30-40
WaxPax – Levels 41-45
CoffeeMug – Levels 46-47
Dempsey – Level 48
Tigre – Level 49

Streamed
We also streamed the whole thing. There were some laughing, some crying, but overall fun. We did it in three sessions which I’ve highlighted on my stream but may take some time to post. For now look at past broadcasts.

www.twitch.tv/timlankey

in Fractured

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

What AR do you need for lv. 41-50? Is it 55?

in Fractured

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

And people still try to disagree with your build advice!
Nice job guys, very impressive.

Looking forward to your tips and insight.

in Fractured

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

i used 45x 50x 55x swaping weapons(rin)

in Fractured

Timlankey.6239

We mostly had 55 AR but many times we swapped weapons in scenarios they were needed to get as low as 45.

in Fractured

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

And people still try to disagree with your build advice!
Nice job guys, very impressive.

Looking forward to your tips and insight.

That’s because my cleric’s staff, ranging camping AH guard is always the last one standing picking up you silly zerker warrior’s while still putting out top notch DPS.

Didn’t you know?

/sarcasm

I play how I want!!!

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ahh grats guys!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Gz guys!
Though I need to add that there were 2 to reach lvl50 before you :P

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Fractured

Timlankey.6239

Gz guys!

Two I thought only 1?

in Fractured

Posted by: Adinay.2589

Adinay.2589

Yeah we figured you guys were ahead of us… Our group was almost a static 3, while adding friends or a PUG to fill. One of us never stopped and I think hit 50 just before you, others of us just hit 50 or are close now. I am the lowest of our small fractal guild at level 42.

EDIT: For being a kitten and not saying congrats… Congrats guys! Well done.

(edited by Adinay.2589)

in Fractured

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

Gz guys!

Two I thought only 1?

<—- Björn Blackbear

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Fractured

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

Grats, guys! It was very fun watching the stream when I had time. I remember laughing each time everyone got tossed around and (almost) fell at the 1st half of lvl 39 colossus, before you all got used to the timing of the stabilities or dodge on kill. Seeing you get thrown and hang there by a thread was awesome!

Fun aside, you were all very skilled and it was great seeing you tackle the challenges and adjust your tactics as they showed up. Great job!

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

in Fractured

fadeaway.2807

Do the new fractals and their difficulty change any of the merit (or lack of) you previously placed on certain utilities, classes, gear, builds etc?

(edited by fadeaway.2807)

in Fractured

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

too hard core for me. gz. if it wasnt so close to thanksgiving and in xmas break i’d prolly try to go all the way to 50. but hellz foodz + family >gw2.

in Fractured

Timlankey.6239

Gz guys!

Two I thought only 1?

<—- Björn Blackbear

You were 1st in world correct. I was speaking of NA specifically though since the leaderboards will be split.

Congrats by the way! Sophia was keeping in touch with us when you got it.

As for NA though, two people did beat us. It was Particular and the guy in his screenshot.

(edited by Timlankey.6239)

in Fractured

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

I’m sorry for the confusion (I’m Particlar).
I thought you were refering to world first when you said “one person got before us”, and by that the person in our party who posted the thread on reddit.

I’m not and [KING] is not NA but EU, and the two world first to our knowledge was Zip and Asko

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

(edited by Snowball.3497)

in Fractured

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

You were 1st in world correct. I was speaking of NA specifically though since the leaderboards will be split.

Well technically I (Zip) am first in the world – we hit 50 at the exact same millisecond but I was fractal level 80 before so I get credit… Right guys?… Right?…

Congrats by the way! Sophia was keeping in touch with us when you got it.

When she said you thought we were world first I didn’t believe it. I’m still not sure. When we were 43 we had heard of the 46 instability, but it’s possible whoever was ahead of us turned in for the night. Leaderboards will have the final say.

As for NA though, two people did beat us. It was Particular and the guy in his screenshot.

You mean particlar? That would be this screenshot and that’s us in EU so you could well be NA first. (That said the US had a time advantage since the patch hit us at 9pm so someone might have beaten you there)

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

(edited by Relativity.3264)

in Fractured

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

(That said the US had a time advantage since the patch hit us at 9pm )

We had some time issue in our group as well. We had to work around the ‘I go to sleep and by the time I wake up you would be on bed’. I think half the group pull an all nighter and the other half do a half-nighter just so we can stick together.

in Fractured

Timlankey.6239

Yea I was really confused about who hit what. I updated my reddit thread with what I believe was the right information.

World Firsts:
1/2 – Zip and Iquasi (EU)
3 – Fastous Booties (NA)
4-8 – Timlankey, Rinne, Menno, Abriel (NA)

Sorry for all the mix up guys, but like Zip said the leaderboards will really have the final say, we don’t know if there are any silent 50s around

(edited by Timlankey.6239)

in Fractured

Relativity.3264

Yea I was really confused about who hit what. I updated my reddit thread with what I believe was the right information.

World Firsts:
1/2 – Zip and Particlar (EU)
3 – Fastous Booties (NA)

Sorry for all the mix up guys, but like Zip said the leaderboards will really have the final say, we don’t know if there are any silent 50s around

World firsts:
Iquasi (Bjorn Blackbear) and me (Zip) EU

As for the rest I don’t know, but Jonte (Particlar) hit 50 just after your stream (He raged when you got aetherblades instead of dredge for third frac :P)

in Fractured

Timlankey.6239

World Firsts:
3 – Fastous Booties (NA)

World firsts:

As for the rest I don’t know, but Jonte (Particlar) hit 50 just after your stream (He raged when you got aetherblades instead of dredge for third frac :P)

Oh god, didn’t realize we were that close neck and neck. We got Mai Trin and friggan Dredge a ton.

in Fractured

Relativity.3264

World Firsts:
3 – Fastous Booties (NA)

World firsts:

Oh god, didn’t realize we were that close neck and neck. We got Mai Trin and friggan Dredge a ton.

Well on tuesday we quit to sleep after 35 and your stream just started a 34. When we hit 50 you were at 46 snow. Jonte had 4 levels to go after we hit 50 so we went for it (We weren’t exactly focussed at that point :P) and he hit 50 ~20 mins after you

in Fractured

Abriel.4103

Do the new fractals and their difficulty change any of the merit (or lack of) you previously placed on certain utilities, classes, gear, builds etc?

It’s a combination of what you get on what map. Some fun, some negligible, some can be challenging. 43 on dredge is pretty brutal, 39 on Cliffside is more like for some random laugh, 33 can be pretty bad if you rolls a lot of AOE maps.

Our group have 2 stable Guardians and 2 Wars, which I think a ‘safe’ set up when testing out new water. As for gear and builds, well we’re all full zerk DPS with some utility on the guardians. We did switch to tank/cond on 44 to get rid of our crit chance, but that was a cautious move after seeing how bad 43 was, on the 2nd map most of us switch back to zerk and didn’t really have a problem.

Overall I think it’s fun if only it’s fresh, not sure about the long run but it definitely beat the old arbitrary scaling like the old fractal (it’s still there but they toned it down a bit I think).

(edited by Abriel.4103)

in Fractured

Abriel.4103

Well on tuesday we quit to sleep after 35 and your stream just started a 34. When we hit 50 you were at 46 snow. Jonte had 4 levels to go after we hit 50 so we went for it (We weren’t exactly focussed at that point :P) and he hit 50 ~20 mins after you

I think in overall we set aside about 15-18 hours for sleep/food/girlfriends from start to finish.

If you watched the stream after we finished 47 I actually said maybe we should stop and continue tomorrow since two of us were starting losing concentration, but we decided to push on. Luckily the last 2 cycles were pretty good for us, which I think the Fractal God’s mercy after how often we ran into dredge (and usually on the most annal instability as well).

in Fractured

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Lvl 43 in dredge, never again. Overal during Wednesday afternoon we rolled into dredge five, consecutive times

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

in Fractured

fadeaway.2807

Full zerker gear has been scaring me more and more lately in fractals.. especially since I can’t dodge properly. You guys are ballsy.

in Fractured

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Good Job Guys so now we all hang on 50’s I’m curious if anyone already invested the 450g (70AR) to get past 50 or actually has completed the level? Since it’s mentioned to be hard capped but I also don’t want to waste all my money to try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in Fractured

Posted by: NaPeK.1082

NaPeK.1082

Post Warr builds with tinkets pls