Dredge Fractal rework?

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I remember a dev post a few months back that said the dredge fractal was “Unnecessarily long” and that they were thinking of ways to change it. Did anything come of that? I noticed Dredge and Harpy are not in the video .

Magumer Ranger

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I was about to post this same thing.

SAB or RIOT

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

They are increasing reward for longer fractals so that reward will reflect time spent. Dredge was already rewarding through bags it will be interesting to see what they add.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

They are increasing reward for longer fractals so that reward will reflect time spent. Dredge was already rewarding through bags it will be interesting to see what they add.

I would always rather do any short fractal rather than dredge for those bags. Just saying..

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Pretty sure the rework was making it so you can’t get Dredge fractal in addition to another long fractal. Would be nice if they changed bombs and clown car in some way though.

What I’m most worried about them not reworking though is the Mai Trin fight. Since that fight took so long (~15 minutes), with literally 4 minutes of it just running around in a circle.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Basically is there any change from areas directly after the button room to the final boss is what I’m asking.

Magumer Ranger

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

They made it so you can only get short fractal for first ones and long one for last ones. Changed the randomness of fotm

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But my loot bags.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

I really don’t get why a lot of people complain about the Dredge fractal (and I’ve even been in groups where people would leave and re-enter if they got it first).

The Dredge fractal is easy and not even that long, what is everyone’s problem with Dredge fractal?

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I really don’t get why a lot of people complain about the Dredge fractal (and I’ve even been in groups where people would leave and re-enter if they got it first).

The Dredge fractal is easy and not even that long, what is everyone’s problem with Dredge fractal?

It’s my favorite.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

It’s my favorite.

I actually love the boss fight to the Dredge fractal. When I did it for the very first time I was like.. finally a boss that actually requires you to do something other than stand there AFK with auto attack going.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I personally find the clown car incredibly boring, everything else I don’t mind. My issue isn’t difficulty or length just enjoyment.

Magumer Ranger

(edited by Cletus Van Damme.2795)

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

not even that long? it takes the most time out of all the fractals. In fractal 48 it can take double the time of swamp/water/ice/ascalon fractals :S

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

to the people saying dredge isn’t that long… have you completed it over level 30? Remember a fractal is supposed to take 15-20 minutes each. If you have a video of you doing it on level 30+ in under 30 minutes I will concede that I was wrong.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

I’d say it’s about the same length as the hammer one to be honest.

Also, what do you mean ‘clown care’ is that some given name to something I’m not aware of?

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Whitey.6185

to the people saying dredge isn’t that long… have you completed it over level 30? Remember a fractal is supposed to take 15-20 minutes each. If you have a video of you doing it on level 30+ in under 30 minutes I will concede that I was wrong.

Actually, Arena net said fractals are 20-30 minutes long each.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Cletus Van Damme.2795

clown car, nickname players gave the dredge apc

Magumer Ranger

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

I would like to bump this thread because i would really like to know if there are any changes to Dredge or even Cliffside fractals. Both are already extremely annoying to do at higher level fractals (40+ mostly, but still annoying on 38). I mean, these two fractals (along with the bad skin reward system) are the entire reason most people don’t even bother with fractals. Half the time when doing a 40+ fractal if we get dredge as the second fractal after swamp, we just reset and try again because it’s that big of a pain to even bother doing.

With this new system you’re doing at 30+ fractals to make them even harder, if Dredge (and maybe Cliffside) are completely unchanged then i fear this entire update is pointless because nobody capable doing higher level fractals are going to bother. They were already a pain, and if they’re just going to throw in a mechanic to make it more annoying along with only a gold or so extra as a reward, then what’s the point?

I’m sorry if i’m coming off rude here, but Dredge is truly the bane of fractals.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Underground feels longer than it needs to be (I think they could cut out the bomb/turret section altogether), and the devs did say they were possibly looking at it. However, it’s still likely to be up with Cliffside/Volcanic fractal as the 3 choices for the 3rd fractal in the rotation.

My guess is that the order will be:

1. (Easy) – Swamp, Aquatic, Snowblind
2. (Medium) – Urban, Uncategorized
3. (Hard) – Cliffside, Underground, Volcanic

No idea where the Molten Furnace and Aetherblade Fractals will fit into this.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Underground takes so long mostly because of the clown car, which is a great comparison actually, but I love the is because of the bags. I just hate the ice elemental boss because of all it’s meat shields. Honestly my two most hated fractals are snowblind because it’s so dull and drags on It may be easy, but dear god help me stay awake through it. And the hammer, because there’s no loot and almost as boring as snowblind. fight boss, walk walk walk, kill stuff smack the hammer, repeat.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Dredge is great, you get 30 bags every run.

Its also very easy in an organised party, especially if you’re good at JPs :p

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I honestly feel that Snowblind should have the Svanir mobs drop loot. There’s no reason why they shouldn’t, and it’d encourage people to fight their way through instead of just skipping.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

Dredge is great, you get 30 bags every run.

Its also very easy in an organised party, especially if you’re good at JPs :p

1. What does JPs have to do with Dredge fractal at all?

2. I’m guessing you don’t do high level fractals, because Dredge fractal with the bomb run is probably the most annoying thing in the entire game.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I’d say it’s about the same length as the hammer one to be honest.

Also, what do you mean ‘clown care’ is that some given name to something I’m not aware of?

Either your groups are struggling with cliffside, or you haven’t attempted, say, level 48+ Dredge. The clown car event is too long and mind-numbingly boring. Every time, when I reach the point when I feel the endless repetition has gone on for long enough, I look at the progress bar and realize there’s still like 75% left to go. The tiered method does not solve this issue without a complete retuning of the Dredge fractal. There are super short fractals, moderate length fractals, and one long fractal. None of them are difficult, but one of them is far longer (and more tedious) than the rest.

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Underground feels longer than it needs to be (I think they could cut out the bomb/turret section altogether), and the devs did say they were possibly looking at it. However, it’s still likely to be up with Cliffside/Volcanic fractal as the 3 choices for the 3rd fractal in the rotation.

My guess is that the order will be:

1. (Easy) – Swamp, Aquatic, Snowblind
2. (Medium) – Urban, Uncategorized
3. (Hard) – Cliffside, Underground, Volcanic

No idea where the Molten Furnace and Aetherblade Fractals will fit into this.

1. (Easy) – Swamp, Aquatic, Snowblind, Urban
2. (Easy/Medium) – Cliffside, Uncategorized, Volcanic
3. (Hard/Long) – Underground, Molten Furnace, Aetherblade

=P

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

“The changes to the Underground Facility Fractal deemed the Dred Fractal are the Legendary Ice Elemental and Dredge Power Suit have made an unlikely alliance forcing players to fight both at once and the Dredge Clown Car now takes 45 mins up from 15 min. Champion Rabsovich has been upgraded to Legendary. Dredge continue to spams there buffs as they are dispel as we did not feel the need to change this mechanic.” We hope you are excited about these changes as we are!

PS No offense Anet but I had to do it!

(edited by Meriem.3504)

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Just fix the bomb part. Having to either suicide or bring a thief and a mesmer just to get those kitten bombs to go off is just incredibly stupid.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Dredge Fractal rework?

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I actually love the boss fight to the Dredge fractal. When I did it for the very first time I was like.. finally a boss that actually requires you to do something other than stand there AFK with auto attack going.

So true:

http://youtu.be/tiIU_ktc2Ac
http://youtu.be/oXLDvQOKzxU