Fractal LvL 43 - Cliffside

in Fractured

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

How are you supposed to beat the 2 seal stage? We tried multiple times with our group but we failed badly because the fractal instability (Instability is: get 20 dmg for each hit you deliver on an enemy; reset on “kill”) didnt reset once we killed a chanter on a seal. So in the end we stacked up our punishment to infinite until we died, even if you rallied it didnt reset. And you simply cant wait that long until the debuff is gone because by then the seals have “resetted” and you can start all over again.

Anyone with a good solution?

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

(edited by izze.3284)

in Fractured

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

You should check out the Grawl fractal, boss fight when elementals spawn is HELL. My guildies were stuck there (And they are really good players) for hours dan couldnt beat it. For lvl 43 it is alaways good to take mesmer and necromancer as Phantasms and Minions wont kill you, also Conditions are good.

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Cliffside on lvl 39 is tough too. The instability is enemies explode when dead. The funny thing about the instability is you can’t dodge it. Sure you can roll before you blows up but you can’t evade. Half way through a roll you get knocked back. Kill 5 chanters and your dead from the explosions. We were able to get past after some tweaking to our method but it was not easy.

I suggest for the OP to use as much condition damage as possible. It may mean changing some traits and not doing as much direct damage. Even go as far as using up some of the defense traits and vitality traits.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

in Fractured

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Ah yes this was rather a hard part for us as well.
We always stack in the corner in the hallway and get them in there.
I’m a full support guardian so i didn’t do a lot of attacks myself but pretty much tried to keep the others alive.

Also with staff i was able to only let a few come to us while blocking the rest to make sure we don’t 1 hit ourselves when we do some aoe dmg.
One guardian symbol pretty much killed me immediatly there haha

So some heals from elementalist and only killing a few at a time did the trick for us i guess

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

(edited by Sampo.9678)

in Fractured

Posted by: izze.3284

izze.3284

well it was our 2nd attempt on 43 – 1st time we got grawl and decided after a couple of attempts to reroll when we got stucked there

the problem was that i was the instance owner and no one else had a full support guardian so it wasnt really a viable option. Maybe we start this again and i will not enter 1st.
The real problem for me is that the instability doesnt restart once you kill a chanter so with raw dps chars you are basicly kittened.

[SWAG]Izze
Frostfang, Howler, 2x Sunrise, Predator, Kamohoali’ Kotaki

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

It’s the general problem with “minion”-like mobs and infinite respawns not counting as a kill.
Sadly, I can’t give you much more advice than you already got. A guardian with a staff (yes a staff) slightly behind the group works wonders sometimes there with the staff 2. (The guardian might consider it helpful to deactivate the 1-autoattack for this.) There are even more fun things a guardian might do, but “bring a guardian” shouldn’t be the solution here.
I imagine an ele on water with a staff might work to achieve a similar effect.
And after the tuesday patch a ranger using the new healing spirit could prove helpfull too.

Another little helpful idea, I think: You need 15 seconds of not attacking for the bloodlust to reset if you have nothing to kill. If you take turns attacking with no more than 2 people being sidelined to reset their bloodlust effect, that can help as well to keep up a steady amount of damage.

Oddly enough btw. the final fight in cliffside is one of the easier ones with bloodlust since the bonefiends count for the bloodlust reset.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

in Fractured

Posted by: Yoji.1420

Yoji.1420

At the moment any cultists after the first two don’t count as kills for stacking sigils (I.E. Bloodlust), I think the debuff not resetting will have something to do with this, possibly counting them as critters/objects.

in Fractured

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I did cliffside on 43, and I didn’t think it was really more difficult at all. If you leave one of the original four cultists alive (and this has been entirely standard for months and months now), you have plenty of time to reset your stacks.

Throwing up reflects was a gamble when we pulled a bunch, though. There were times when I dropped feedback and then did nothing, letting everyone else mop up.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

in Fractured

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I consider myself lucky to get Dredge as the 3rd fractal at level 43. Still easier to manage the Mistlock than say, Volcano or Cliffside.

They really should review and rebalance Mistlock Instabilities. It’s not normal a level 43 is a lot harder than a level 49. And we want to see our STACKS of debuff. It’s so hard to manage when you don’t know how many you’ve got.