Fractals will never be GW2.......

in Fractured

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

i don’t want fractals to be removed. i enjoy the short story and it’s divisibility.
what i want is the agony damage to be represented as other form of damage and can be overcome by player’s skill.
i want the damage shown as some kind of consequence of their acts but do not just shown with completely no reason.
it make me feels like : “hey, these players are too easy to overcome the fractals, let’s reduce their health. but how? whatever, let’s just give it a name called agony, and tell players it is a challenging.”

ok, i know your points now. it really sounds silly for people who believe the only way to get legendary is by farm.

removing tp and hence some people can’t acquire wealth by it is interesting.
because some of these people are actually helping the market to be healthy by setting the price of every item correct.

If there are no such players, these kind of tp “profit” still exist to some buyer and seller, they just don’t know, understand or notice that.

With some tp profit maker’s effort, everyone can instantly buy or sell any item in a correct, reasonable price, and no need to worry whether the price is too high or too low etc.

I don’t want to turn this into a TP argument, I was just trying to make a point.

As far as agony goes. You can avoid almost every attack by knowing when to dodge just like any other encounter in the game. Agony is part of fractals. You don’t see it in any other part of the game because it is a defining part of what fractals are. Based on your argument of:

“it make me feels like : “hey, these players are too easy to overcome the fractals, let’s reduce their health. but how? whatever, let’s just give it a name called agony, and tell players it is a challenging.”"

This can be said about pretty much the whole game but in reverse. All anet seemingly ever does is say “hey, this is too easy for players so let’s add a ton of HP to every boss and throw in a ton of one shot mechanics and call it challenging”. Agony is basically just the reverse of that. It takes your health down arbitrarily rather than adding it to enemies and if you don’t dodge those one shot mechanics, your done.

I think your real problem is that there are almost no truly creative game mechanics that are fun and interesting.

in Fractured

Posted by: Adinay.2589

Adinay.2589

lol there is nothing that says you ahve to do fractals. Please do not remove the only content in the game that is even remotely challenging. Stop whining and stay out of fractals and go back to your “1,1,1,1,1,1” zerged events.

in Fractured

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I can’t believe there’s people with multiple legendaries claiming that Fractals are grindy.

With either the time or the money you invested on crafting those legendaries, you could be level 50 already. However, this time it will take more than spamming 1, and waiting for things to die. You may have to -gasp- dodge things.

in Fractured

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Like you, I loved the Tower of Nightmares.

Like you, I do not like Fractals at all. I tried them back when they were new – hated it. Never planned to set foot in them again, but when this latest patch landed, I thought I’d give them a second chance. Nope. Hated them even more. There certainly won’t be a third chance.

But unlike you.. I can’t think of any reason to remove content which some people like just because I don’t like it?

You appear to have made an enormous unsupported leap to “a lot of players left this game because of fractals” and “everything related with fractals…. it always creates problems.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Hsin.5294

Hsin.5294

I can’t believe there’s people with multiple legendaries claiming that Fractals are grindy.

With either the time or the money you invested on crafting those legendaries, you could be level 50 already. However, this time it will take more than spamming 1, and waiting for things to die. You may have to -gasp- dodge things.

it’s very simple,
1. the requirement of getting a legendary is not necessary to be a farmer;
2. the mechanic of reducing health is not creative. (what is agony? can i find a doctor to inject something to avoid agony?) (it just happen with NO Reason. i don’t mind the agony damage, but i do mind to let the agony damage to expressed in another More Creative ways.)

in Fractured

Hsin.5294

lol there is nothing that says you ahve to do fractals. Please do not remove the only content in the game that is even remotely challenging. Stop whining and stay out of fractals and go back to your “1,1,1,1,1,1” zerged events.

i am agree with you, i do not want fractals to be removed.
i want the agony damage to expressed in another more creative form.
It can’t just happen with no reason!

what is agony? what is agony? what is agony?

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It’s a condition that you suffer from while you’re in Fractals of the Mist.

Lore wise you are probably suffering from this due to the environment you are in having extremely negative effects on your mind.

Mechanically it’s another way of leveling, just like you would level up with XP you can level up with Agony Resistance. Just a different way of doing so.

in Fractured

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

Ever since Fractals came out it created problems and a lot of players left this game because of fractals.

Everything related with fractals…. it always creates problems.

How many players play level 30~50 fractals? probably 0.0005% of all gw2 community.

When will Anet realize ppl dont like fractals…….

My conclusion is Fractals must be gone forever…Fractals will never be gw2 it never was and it never will be past and future~ period.It must be gone……

The best contents of this game was “The Tower of Nightmares”….it was by far the best MMORPG contents ive ever played. that is wat i call GW2.

So, .0005% of active players play high level fractals, and all of a sudden it’s the be-all end-all of the game, enough to drive players away for good?

Seriously? So I guess all the remaining players supplying the economy with items, materials and gold in amounts required to stabilize prices on a regular basis aren’t actually PLAYING the rest of the game, right?

If there’s a problem with the game driving players away, it’s not fractals. Especially considering it’s gotten one major update in A YEAR.

in Fractured

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

THe new fractales ar enice but agony resistence is a pain to get.

in Fractured

Hsin.5294

maybe it’s hard to get ar for new players. (maybe 30 silvers now in tp? just like a yellow armor or weapon!)

yes, i like new fractals’ story and environment too.

in Fractured

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If you haven’t read the lore, you have no rights to whine about something being uncreative.
Some things come from the original GW, too.

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I’d do fractals more often if not for the having to do 4 in a row bit. I’ll just run dungeons instead for much less time and higher rewards.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Funnily enough it is MUCH easier to get agony resistance now than it was before the update.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I agree. Wait for 6 months. Then do random stuff and reset everyone to 10. Then wait again for 6 months and just remove fractals.

Marry me.

in Fractured

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Do people forget they can still get the +5 infusions from the merchant in the fractals for a simple 75 relics … -_- anyone’s progression should be smooth all the way to 45 AR with no real farm based on how agony scales with the levels.

This is just a thread by a causal raging that he cannot freely get the best stuff in game (that people should not even really need with cap being at 50) when it comes to resisting agony…. though, i really hope that other stuff than +1 AR drops, because at this rate, even if he’s complaining for the wrong reasons, he still holds a valid point of it being a huge farm.

Considering +1 AR drops only, to create an infusion of +N AR, it will take you 2^(N-1) of those +1 AR infusions to craft that +N AR -> which means a +10 AR will take you 512 of those +1 AR infusions to craft… I dont feel like running 512 fractals for what i can get with 150 relics (granted that relics method will take 2 slots)

in Fractured

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Funnily enough it is MUCH easier to get agony resistance now than it was before the update.

People are just flocking to fractals expecting it to be the easy brain dead content that can be done while watching TV like the rest of the living world stuff. It’s ANET’s mistake for branding this under the living world content.

in Fractured

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

I can’t believe the ridiculousness of this.
MMOrpg’s contain an enormous variety of players. Casual, hardcore, raiders, crafters, explorers, roleplayers, social people, loners, and even more I can’t even think of, and because AN are working on an aspect of the game you are not looking for and thus not like your response is “Bahh! Bad! Begone!!” ?!
This is not for your dumb kitten , this is (I assume) for the people that like to do organized challenging content with a set number of players.
An MMOrpg can have content for all types of players, but not all content can appeal to every type!

(edited by NinjaChris.9340)

in Fractured

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

Do people forget they can still get the +5 infusions from the merchant in the fractals for a simple 75 relics … -_- anyone’s progression should be smooth all the way to 45 AR with no real farm based on how agony scales with the levels.

Except, the +5 AR infusions are versatile infusions. The new slot only accept “pure” agony infusions, so you can fill those +5 AR only in 1 slot and not the other. I didn’t try it yet tough, so maybe I’m wrong.

in Fractured

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Apart from Jade Maw (and, er, I guess the other new bonus bosses) ALL agony WITHOUT exception can be dodged. If you want to avoid the bonus bosses play odd-numbered fractal levels.

You might want to go read patch notes… or play fractals apparently.

Your info is severely outdated, both about dodging agony and boss frequency.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Fractured

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Not really? You can’t even use the new infusion system unless you infuse your ascended items (with rng drop items only in fractals) or get a rng drop in high level fractals (not guaranteed).

Low level fractals are currently giving less tokens than before, so that’s certainly not ‘easier’.

I’m not sure where you’re coming from other than ‘I got mine already so it’s easy!’

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

I have to agree with OP. I try to enjoy fractals especially because I love the weapons but nope, still not enjoying this content. Skipping this living story and enjoying WvW happily until maybe better content. I personally have really enjoyed most of the living story ideas especially the Sanctum stuff and Aetherblades but so far Fractals is still just way to frustrating and relies too much on group composition, everyone knowing exactly what to do and when to do it. Its just too “pro” for someone that likes individual skill challenges and the occasional pick up groups.

in Fractured

cranked.3812

I have to agree with OP. I try to enjoy fractals especially because I love the weapons but nope, still not enjoying this content. Skipping this living story and enjoying WvW happily until maybe better content. I personally have really enjoyed most of the living story ideas especially the Sanctum stuff and Aetherblades but so far Fractals is still just way to frustrating and relies too much on group composition, everyone knowing exactly what to do and when to do it. Its just too “pro” for someone that likes individual skill challenges and the occasional pick up groups.

And that is perfectly fine. Not every update will appeal to every person who plays the game.

I hated the tower content, yet I still suffered through for the achieves and didn’t come QQing on the forums how we should get rid of it.

in Fractured

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Who said Fractals are bad? The casuals? Lol! The only thing I dont like in the update is what they did to dredge. For most players fractals satisfy the hunger for challenge imo. The one’s that are complaining mostly are the ones who cant handled it. Imho fractal is one of the best addition to Gw2.

in Fractured

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In any online game there are too many players who like different things for every piece of content to be aimed at a single player’s (or group’s) preferences. FotM is aimed at players who like specific things about online games. If you don’t like what FotM offers, then FotM was not aimed at you. It’s as simple as that.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Another thread like this?
Don’t like the content? Don’t play it. Simple a that. No one forces you to play FOTMs.

I dislike Living Story, haven’t played or received any LS awards since the September. I haven’t been in the new Tower, and guess what? I don’t care.

For me, as a log time GW veteran, FOTM is the best addition to the game sine the launch. At least its a legit content.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Thread is beyond stupid.

Because people don’t do high fractals that means EVERYONE hates fractals?

What about all the lower fractals?
I myself quite enjoy fractals, so your comment is already false.
Who gave you the right to speak on behalf of everyone else?

Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean everyone shares the same opinion.
Also, why on earth would they remove fractals? If indeed no one did play them, they would still leave them in-game.
I can’t understand why you would want them removed, if you don’t like them, then don’t play them. It’s really that simple.

in Fractured

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

skillful play

Ah yes, skillful play. Something that has not been in or around the Spvp, PvE or WvW in Guild Wars 2 in over a year. Truly legendary if you can acquire this… skillful play.

in Fractured

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ever since Fractals came out it created problems and a lot of players left this game because of fractals.

Everything related with fractals…. it always creates problems.

How many players play level 30~50 fractals? probably 0.0005% of all gw2 community.

When will Anet realize ppl dont like fractals…….

My conclusion is Fractals must be gone forever…Fractals will never be gw2 it never was and it never will be past and future~ period.It must be gone……

The best contents of this game was “The Tower of Nightmares”….it was by far the best MMORPG contents ive ever played. that is wat i call GW2.

No….just no.

The Tower of Nightmares, along with the rest of the living story has had 0 appeal to me. Fractals is easily the most interesting update for me in a long time.

Please, don’t assume you’re the entire playerbase. =/

in Fractured

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You kidding me? Fractals were the best addition to GW2, to this day. They added a challenging endgame dungeon besides Arah, which this game desperately needed.

Heck, I’m not even bothered by Ascended Rings either. A minimal stat boost which costs ZERO gold, and is easy to get? YES PLEASE!

It’s when they started adding other Ascended trinkets, and weapons, that I got annoyed.

in Fractured

cranked.3812

Are you seriously annoyed by agony because it makes no sense to you? It sounds like there is a far deeper rooted issue that you are overlooking when QQing about the subject.

I find it hard to believe that you would completely change your stance on agony if it was something that was more “creative”. Fractals are a strange place where strange things happen. Agony doesn’t have to “make sense”, it’s just another condition that is applied to you in the course of going through to stabilize the fractals.

in Fractured

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

WE LOVE FRACTALS! Now can we close this?

in Fractured

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Oh boohoo. We get one update a year for fractals, which caters to and is enjoyed by a sizable subset of the player base, the outcry is quiet uncalled for.
Some form of ascended gear would have come along regardless of the existence of fractals since exotics didn’t hold up as an end game tier, this has been explained by the devs and is an observable reality in game. There won’t be a gear treadmill as a result, and the agony “treadmill” is isolated to fractals for those who do enjoy that kind of thing. Furthermore, agony is irrelevant to those who don’t do level 20+ fractals (you can do 10+ without AR if you’re half way competent) so you’re still free to enjoy fractals while avoiding the mini “treadmill”.

This is a wide-appeal MMO, not a niche title, players need to understand and accept the fact that they aren’t going to love every single update, and that just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it bad.

(edited by Arewn.2368)

in Fractured

Hsin.5294

Are you seriously annoyed by agony because it makes no sense to you? It sounds like there is a far deeper rooted issue that you are overlooking when QQing about the subject.

I find it hard to believe that you would completely change your stance on agony if it was something that was more “creative”. Fractals are a strange place where strange things happen. Agony doesn’t have to “make sense”, it’s just another condition that is applied to you in the course of going through to stabilize the fractals.

i am very serious.
and i find that you are the person who know what i am thinking.
agony can’t just suddenly happen with no reason.

how can 1+1=3? how? how? how?
how can agony just happen? how? how? how?

in Fractured

Hsin.5294

i am very serious.
and i find that you are the person who know what i am thinking.
agony can’t just suddenly happen with no reason.

how can 1+1=3? how? how? how?
how can agony just happen? how? how? how?

ok, you said the agony is something that will happen during the process of stabilizing fractals. i can accept this explanation maybe in 50% level.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Agony happens in situations where we are utilizing some kind of magic/technology to access areas of history that is not supposed to be accessible more or less. And thus we get damaged from prolonged visits there.

The reason we don’t get agony damage on low levels have more to do with game-play than lore.
In lore we are most likely always getting hurt by agony.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

The only place where agony just “randomly happens for no reason” is Jade Maw, as far as I am aware. Everywhere else its an effect of the boss’ s attack, like the aoe in cliffside (hammer fractal) or the cannons and lasers in the aetherblade fractals.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Fractured

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I agree. Wait for 6 months. Then do random stuff and reset everyone to 10. Then wait again for 6 months and just remove fractals.

Sarcasm right? /15charr

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Fractured

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I like fractals, imo it was the best living story update ever. Playing nightmare tower of clockwork chaos etc always makes me feel like a farmer, spamming autoatack and zerging around.
This is finally content where you cannot brainafk kill all mobs.
Pls more dungeons in future updates!

Edit: Perhaps this time i will even do all achievements – just by playing the game and without farming

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Soooooooo this is another whining thread about how people are left out in this update? The real people who should complain are the PvPers. How long has it been since PvP got a new map?

in Fractured

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

I don’t care for Fractals and have completed very few of them. I have no desire to farm them, nor to gather agony resistance to be able to go higher (or however it is done). To me, the content is not fun therefore I don’t do it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I really don’t like stuff like Fractals, and I’ve avoided them. To me, this is an “empty” update. But really guys, there are those that love stuff like this, and it doesn’t kill us to have an update on it every now and then.

Not every update’s going to be one you love, or even like. But I bet more people play fractals than you think, and it’s not so bad to have an occasional update that deals with them. Personally, I’d be thrilled to have one update a year focus on RP quality of life and functionality updates, I’m not going to begrudge the fractal runners their fortune.

But if the lack of an actual LS update this period upsets you so badly, it’s easy to fix. Just pretend that you’ve heard that Scarlet is running around kicking puppies, and dash all over the map to try to stop her. In the end, you’ll do nothing useful at all and she’ll show up next update as if nothing has happened. See? Just like a regular LS update!

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Fractured

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

But if the lack of an actual LS update this period upsets you so badly, it’s easy to fix. Just pretend that you’ve heard that Scarlet is running around kicking puppies, and dash all over the map to try to stop her. In the end, you’ll do nothing useful at all and she’ll show up next update as if nothing has happened. See? Just like a regular LS update!

How is this not an actual LS update… the fractal story mode was about ellen kiel and scarlet.