Fractured! achievements gone too soon :(

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

One of the main things I have played for in this game is achievements. I don’t grind dailies or care much about the amount of AP I have. What I care about is actual achievements, of which most have been temporary. And that is okay. Since the Living Story was introduced we have relied on a pattern that achievements were available to do for two patches (~1 month).

I might have missed some information this time, but apparently Fractured! for some unexplainable reason, did not follow this pattern. What I love to have achieved is now gone.

5 hours ago I could say “I have done EVERY living story achievement.” No exception. Every achievement of every release. I carved a load of pumpkins last year at halloween. I murdered those Karka. I beat up Mai Trin flawlessly without getting hit by the cannons. I beat Liadri. I beat her again by throwing 8 orbs at her. I killed 225 dolyaks and 225 sentries to get all 19 WvW achievements. I did 50 merc camps, learning the pattern and timers of the camps. I could go on and on, you get the idea. I was proud, and being able to say “I did everything” was what really kept me going.

This might be my own fault, the info was probably available somewhere. But in any event my achievement hunt is probably over. For me the fun is gone because I will never be able to make the same statement again. But hey, I really want to keep enjoying this game as much as I’ve done so far, so I lose nothing by asking:

Can you please bring back the Fractured! achievements for another 14 days? And for the future, would there be any chance you could add a timer to temporary achievement sets, like you have with dailies, to show us how long we have left?

- A sad Treeline.

Edit: Attached a picture of my accomplishments to visualize how a simple achievement can result in a bad day.

Attachments:

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

in Fractured

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

That happened to me with Liadri. I was getting close to beating her too.

The feeling passes.

Im somewhat surprised that fractal fortnight was actually a fortnight. Truth in advertising!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Fractured

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

They were labeled “Fractal fortnight”. Also known as 2 weeks.

in Fractured

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

WAY too soon to take this away, ArenaNet. Please put this back so casual players and players who don’t live their life around FotM can get a chance to complete them.

in Fractured

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

I agree, removed too early.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cyrus Warchild.7019

Cyrus Warchild.7019

I agree that they left way to early. If they were intended to be only there for a 2 week period we should have been told this.

in Fractured

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

Agreed, removed too early ! Not because of the difficulty, but because of the RNG I’m only missing the Jade Maw, which I have done more than 400 times before the update :/ That does feel a bit unfair

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

They just wanted the whole update to be done with. The amount of bugs and imbalances that the patch came with, made them want to shove it on the back shelf as soon as possible. The amount of complains and pleads on Fractured forum is probably simply overwhelming. The faster this LS story disappears, the faster people will forget about fractals, letting Anet move on with new things rather than addressing problems and bugs with the existing update, which should’ve been done on day one.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

I have to agree that it went away far too quickly compared to the normal life cycle of living world content.

Keep it consistent Anet, bring it back for a while.

in Fractured

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Well technically.. this was consistent. When they did the LS update for Twilight Assault, that only lasted for 2 weeks instead of the normal 4 week.

Looks like when they touch the dungeons, those will only last 2 weeks.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

I’m in exactly the same situation as the OP.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

They were labeled “Fractal fortnight”. Also known as 2 weeks.

Boss Week lasted for more than a week

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

Treeline that image you posted is glorious ^^. Clearly you have the same achievement OCD that I do.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

Yeah, would like to see them back as well.

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

Treeline that image you posted is glorious ^^. Clearly you have the same achievement OCD that I do.

I found that was the only way to visualize it. Luckily I don’t suffer from OCD, it was more like a hobby. With one gone forever it’s just not a fun hobby anymore

in Fractured

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

I would to see them back too! I’ve been busy with university finals exams.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

in Fractured

Posted by: Sha.4586

Sha.4586

I agree with the OP. Another mindless step from ANet. They remove those achievements with random chance & good rewards after two weeks, but keep other boring Nightmare whatever-it-was for over a month.

in Fractured

Posted by: poogybear.1532

poogybear.1532

Please bring these back! A lot of my guild members including me had final exams the past couple of weeks I’m so close to 10k AP and I’d love to get these ones!

in Fractured

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

Agreed, this lasted way too short! The reward for the meta achievement was way more substantial than the other meta rewards recently, and I find it extremely hard to forgive the removal of this meta (which I had 2/3rds done), with absolutely no mention of it!

Heck, this past weekend I was just finishing up the much harder Tower of Nightmares achievements, but leaving the easier (to me personally) Fractured achievements for this coming weekend. Normally, I am all in support of a good story.

This, after the last month of Nightmares, is just ridiculously bad communication.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unfortunately past experience tells us that ANet will not bring it back. Not unless they do a “re-run” like SAB World 1 or next year’s Queen’s Jubilee.

That said, I don’t see why ANet couldn’t do a “Fractals Fortnight” and bring the achievements back at some date in the future. Could be a nice filler during a period when they’re working on something bigger.

in Fractured

Posted by: Archdruidess.5143

Archdruidess.5143

It would definitely be nice to see this back. I Fractal’d my butt off during this event and never saw the dredge fractal in that time… I honestly couldn’t believe my (bad) luck!

in Fractured

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Not enough time, this needs to come back and last a reasonable duration.
90% of my guild was shocked to see it go 2 weeks early.
One has even stopped playing as he didn’t predict the foreclosure; and no longer able to say he is 100% living story.

in Fractured

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

I am someone who has obtained all the living story achievements aswell, and have played every story so far, even the harder achievements (SAB TRIB, Liadri 8 Orbs), now, I miss one achievement Jade Maw, I formed a pre-patch group, because I wasnt entirely sure it was going away (Rumors, and earlier updates said it would be around for two more weeks). Anyway, now I am stuck with the option of either leaving the game (Because im a completionist) Or actually not caring about the achievements (Which is kind of hard because, as stated before, im a completionist). It is plain unfair that arena-net just randomly throws in achievements, not giving out a date, and are hereby robbing dedicated players from their sense of completion.

Not only that, i’ve never been a fan of fractals, but this just killed fractals completely for me, knowing my next run will probarbly give me Jade Maw… THE ONLY LS ACHIEVEMENT IVE MISSED.

in Fractured

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Also, if the living story is removed from the game, why is the forum thread still labeled “Current Living Story”?

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

Also, if the living story is removed from the game, why is the forum thread still labeled “Current Living Story”?

This subforum will probably be locked and moved to historical soon, but I really hope that they instead will do a ninja patch with the bugfixes like this:

- Fixed an issue where Fractured! achievements would move to Historical, locking the achievements. These achievements can now be obtained for the remaining 2 weeks as intended.

in Fractured

Posted by: ARZK.8017

ARZK.8017

I have the same picture as the OP, only the Dredge Fractal is missing… I did almost 1-2 full runs every day since the Fractured release, and got the Dredge Fractal only once at lvl 33… I can say you have no chance with that debuff. Yesterday I finally got the fractal and was very pleased, but only till I found out, that the achievments were gone!!!

I cannot understand why such big RNG achievments will only stay for 2 weeks (with no announcement about that, at least a lot of people didnt know this too). And other living story achievments which could be done with a couple of hours will stay 4 weeks – not comprehensible???

I have no hope, that the achievments will return, because Anet have never done that with other achievments. But I beg at you, please return it for another 2 weeks, otherwise you will make a lot of completionists (like me) very unhappy.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mak.7625

Mak.7625

So depressed to have fractured end too soon!
I played fotm once a day after the update but I still couldn’t get into the snowblind fractal.
I thought updates always last for 4 weeks…

in Fractured

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

I agree to. I am missing one achievement from Fractured! They should inform us so we know how much time we got left to do it – a timer or something.
ANet bring back Fractured!

(edited by Codata.2019)

in Fractured

Posted by: Leto Atreides II.2153

Leto Atreides II.2153

I got mine, but barely. There’s a lot of luck-dependancy on this set of achievements. I had to re-run dozen of times before I got Snowblind as well. 2 weeks is not much time to hit all the fractals unless you’re an all-time frequenter, it’s much MUCH more than you usually needed for completing of the “basic” living story achievements — it would be fair to return them for some time.

in Fractured

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I am personally missing one of the fractured achievements however…. it’s the dredge fractal so I’m fine with not having it…..

Retired Leader of TTS

in Fractured

Posted by: phoenix.3740

phoenix.3740

i agree, two weeks is too short and never consistent, some content last 2 weeks some 4 weeks. Perhaps there could be a way we could pay to enjoy the content for an extra 2 weeks so everyone is happy.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

I really feel bad for all of you who did grind the Fractals hardcore and still not had any luck. I thought I had plenty of time, so I only ran 8 sets of fractals, missing the one, Snowblind.. But actually having tried, and still missing one. That’s just bitter.

in Fractured

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I want to add my voice to the list of people wanting these back. The only day I was able to play Fractured was launch day (missing WP I could not finish story) and about an hour during the first weekend, when I was able to do a regular run and earn 4 of the achievements.

in Fractured

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Well technically.. this was consistent. When they did the LS update for Twilight Assault, that only lasted for 2 weeks instead of the normal 4 week.

Looks like when they touch the dungeons, those will only last 2 weeks.

The length you have to complete achievements normally corresponds to the amount of effort required. You could get all the TA achieves in one run, which was what…4 hours for even the worst groups? And even if you didn’t get them all in one run, you had it within 3. Try doing that with Fractured.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Who cares, it’s just 5 achievement points per fractal with the meta-reward being near worthless. The actual content itself is there permanently….

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant