From lvl80 to lvl30, NOW it's serious...

in Fractured

Posted by: Raven Bloodshield.5472

Raven Bloodshield.5472

quote: “As part of the introduction of leaderboards, everyone whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.”

So, all you saying in this sentence is that fractals was not serious before and all people who leveled before (the fractals community) were taken not serious on their leveling…

Pretty unfair for those who leveled one or even more characters to level80…

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If you had said lvl 50 I might have agreed slightly, but since you are now complaining about being lowered from a level you wasn’t even suppose to be able to attain you will most likely lose quite a bit of support.

Another thing to keep in mind is the unfairness of people needing to complete much harder 31+ levels in order to get to lvl 50 than someone that have already gotten to lvl 50.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Considering that people weren’t meant to get to level 80 in the first place, and more often than not took advantage of loopholes to get there, I personally don’t see a problem.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Fractured

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

What? You didn’t want to enjoy the fractal leaderboard?! You mean losing your progress for a chance to see who has more time isn’t worth it? Blasphemy sir, blasphemy.

Edit to also respond to others:
From level 50 to 30 is the same thing imho. I don’t enjoy having my efforts wasted so I can “experience” the same thing again. Not to mention, I’ll see them once maybe. Or just let 1 person get to 50, then do 50s till I catch up, completely ignoring the “extra levels”. So what did that solve except taking progress away?

(edited by Erika.8256)

in Fractured

Posted by: Spider.3109

Spider.3109

Considering that people weren’t meant to get to level 80 in the first place, and more often than not took advantage of loopholes to get there, I personally don’t see a problem.

Well loopholes like “beeing able to play with friends who are higher in fotm then you”, which came after the Patch which actually added this “you shall not get to lvl 80” to the game, before it only spooked around in the forums? Sorry but this can in no matter be seen as a loophole.

in Fractured

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

^— Your efforts aren’t wasted though. You have rewards that nobody else has because you got to higher fractal levels.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So you are mad because Anet didn’t ban you for exploiting but are instead just resetting you level… yeah sorry no sympathy here…

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

So someone uses esploit to get 100k g in game and gets band for it. Gives you some 10k of what they make you don’t think anet should confiscate the gold? If you are in possetion of stolen or illegal goods they police will still confiscate it from you. Anyway new fotms and even current fotm can not be compared to one used to initially level to 80 you should consider they are removing fotm system and implementing anew one. fotm was added through living story and is subjected to change you should never have thought it was permanent content in the first place.

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Well loopholes like “beeing able to play with friends who are higher in fotm then you”, which came after the Patch which actually added this “you shall not get to lvl 80” to the game, before it only spooked around in the forums? Sorry but this can in no matter be seen as a loophole.

Which is funny because I wasn’t even referring to the piggy backing, but what people did before 50+ was blocked.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Fractured

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

This is an ignorant statement. If a person was not meant to get to level 80 in the first place, any possible fractal level above 50 would have been removed and impossible to enter. The only thing that could be considered an exploit would be getting a daily chest from an even level of 50+. These players who have a right to be angry did not receive these daily chests after the January patch. Additionally, to those players that attained level 80 before the January patch used either a legitimate, purchasable, in-game item or the skill of a ranger pet. That is not exploiting.

What if the following was stated: “In the first January 2014 patch, we are removing all legendaries in the game so that everyone can race to try and farm new ones that will take their place!” People who grinded out those legendaries would be just as unhappy. Maybe you used magic find boosters to help find items to use in the process or sell for money to get the precursor? Didn’t you know that using those is totally an exploit?

People who got to 80 worked hard to do so, and it is being taken away. They should be compensated to some degree.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Fractured

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

On the bright side, there is no longer any dispute about whether this game is a treadmill. Anet is literally moving people’s progress back to a previous position.

in Fractured

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

^— Your efforts aren’t wasted though. You have rewards that nobody else has because you got to higher fractal levels.

Rewards were no better than lv40 if you were running lv78 fotm. I ran lv60,50,40 on a daily basis before they introduced the Jade Maw block where it killed you everytime you got revived.

This wasn’t an exploit, its just a-net didn’t realizing that players were GOOD ENOUGH to go beyond lv50. FoTM was ment to be an endless climb with increasing difficulty. Believe me when I tell you that dredge + fire elementals did 15k per autoattack at lv79 as opposed to 5k on lv48, comparing level 64 mobs vs 62. The time it took to complete higher lvs were incredibly time consuming because of this as well.

Sorry elitist comment here but I liked it back where lv40+ was exclusive for players who learned to dodge agony rather than facetank it by stacking agony.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

No worries your accomplishments are notable and you are allowed to be an elitist from them. Using rezing to advoid global damage how is that not an exploit? Using pet to rez out side of agony because it doesn’t take aoe damage how is that not an exploit? Exploit can probly be defined as anything removed from game because it makes it to easy. Getting to 80 though an easier version of the game is it actually a noteworthy existence? Being on an insurmountable pedestal cause of new game updates is that what you truly want?

With new fotm update and new system I think you should consider they are deleting the old one and adding a new one cause it truly will be that different. At least I hope.

in Fractured

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

so what happen when everyone hit the new level 50 cap? Everyone will be #1?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Fractured

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

so what happen when everyone hit the new level 50 cap? Everyone will be #1?

I guess it will be based on special performance maybe who will get to 50 first, maybe who will die less, same as sPvP kinda.

in Fractured

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Please refer to this thread to discuss this issue.
This thread is now closed.