I expected nothing...

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

….and still got disappointed.

This is so rushed and so buggy, this cannot be older than a couple of weeks. Anet, pls hire some developers! This is not even pre-alpha level.

Halloween was a let down. Then the toxic tower was split into two parts because there was no content for the ambitious 14 days release cycle and it still lowered the bar. And now this?

Pretty please with sugar on top it: Hire a developer and a writer. And while at it form a QA team. You urgently need it.

I cannot imaging how to lower the quality even more. But I’m sure you guys find a way.

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

it’s impossible to be disappointed if you expected nothing. Just saying…

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve always felt that the 2 week release schedule is doing more harm than good. Please, ANET, take your time! Release things “when they’re ready”, in the form of permanent content that will keep players occupied for weeks or months. We’ll wait. Honest! There’s PLENTY of things to do in the game; PvE, WvW, sPvP, dungeons, Fractals, alts, RP… We’ll find a way to occupy ourselves. There’s nothing wrong with making us wait for a month or two in between updates (outside of bug fixes/balance patches). It gives us time to build up anticipation and excitement for the next release, and gives you time to double-check everything for bugs and test community reaction.

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I have to agree at this point. When I first heard about 2 week content I was jumping for joy. It has gotten worse and worse. There are moments of clarity here and there, tiny little bright spots but this is not your finest work. If this is rush then stop rushing it. (It feels rushed most of the time)

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The only thing the devs have been completely clear and unnegotiable on is the 2-week patch schedule. In the living story “collaborative development” thread this was brought up as an issues 10x more than any other issue and they just flat up said that it wasn’t ever going to change. So if this level of quality is not acceptable to you then you will need to either learn to live with it or quit because it is not something they are willing to improve on.

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Loud and clear Zudet, thanks.

This update was worse than most. They need to test more, have test servers or longer times on those server. There has to be a solution. Just pushing out 2 week content and getting this quality is not acceptable B2P or not.

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

So if this level of quality is not acceptable to you then you will need to either learn to live with it or quit because it is not something they are willing to improve on.

As soon other half-way decent MMO comes out next year, people will leave GW2 in masses. It can’t be worse somewhere else, but it could be better. Any company that will listen more to players will make it.

The problem is: It is hard to get a new customer, but getting a lost customer back is nearly impossible.

Right now daily logins work well with 14-days release cycle, better then the monthly schedule. That’s why they stick to it. But when number dwindle again what are they going to do? 7 days release cycle?

GW2 is digging its own grave right now. Still time to turn it around…

Maybe there is some stuff already on the shelf (I doubt it) they release when daily individual logins starting to get ugly next year.

But first thing to turn the ship around is get a real writer any maybe a QA department that is actually run by people with a QA background and not some “testers”.

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Yeah this release schedule is getting very ambitious, and at the same time out of hand more and more. I understand the new fractal is older than 14 days but with bugs as big as no way to revive during the new fractal, what is going on? It must be very hectic in the office for NOBODY to have played it.

I really like this game, but it’s going bad patch first, good patch second, back to bad patch, back to good. Please rethink some things, go back to the drawing board with some stuff. Bugged out content and (controversial) 10$ reskins are a bit iffy for ‘content patches’. Seeing the bug fixes is good though, seeing more of those for professions lately .

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Ahh I hear you but for real there are always people unhappy about some aspect. 2 week content timetable was instituted to keep the interest of the people upset about lack of end game content. Just like certain class buffs and nerfs that have the rest of the profession threads screaming from time to time. And also just like botters ruined normal farming for us so our content is more achievement-based. For real there’s always something to be upset about. this is just the first day of completely new fractal content. Interlaced with the living story on top of it, so there’s bound to be some real bugs that take us players out of immersion.

I don’t work for Anet, but after reading the forums for months for the popcorn-type posts, I’m kinda tired of being negative. I think we’re doing good by posting threads to keep Anet abreast of the issues, I just wish people would cool it with the internet outrage. And by the way I think the writing’s awesome.

I expected nothing...

in Fractured

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

johnsonade.9547, Colin is that you?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932