Instability List

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Post em here as you find em:

31: Mist Stalker: The Mossman stalks you through the fractals.
32: Impaired Immunity: Conditions applied to you last longer.
33: Outflanked: Enemies do more damage when attacking from behind or the sides.
34: Fleeting Precision: Your critical chance is reduced.
35: Stormy Weather: Lightning periodically strikes.
36: Losing Control: Outgoing control effects have reduced effectiveness.
37: Keep Them In Line: Damaged enemies gain boons when unattended.
38: Ill and Chill: Poison, chill, and confusion have unintended effects.
39: Last Laugh: Enemies explode when killed.
40: Agonizing Expedition: You are frequently afflicted with agony (need 50+ Agony resist).
41: Playing Favorites: Untargeted enemies take half damage.
42: Lethargic: Reduced endurance regeneration.
43: Bloodlust: Combat is agonizing. Get a kill for relief (you take increasing damage each time you hit an enemy i.e. 20 dmg for first hit, 40 dmg for second hit).
44: Overextended: Take damage when you deal critical damage.
45: Frosty: Periodically leave a patch of chilling frost.
46: Social Awkwardness: Nearby allies reduce your healing effectiveness.
47: Antielitism: Elite skills cause death.
48: Tainted Renewal: Regeneration, protection, and vigor have unintended effects (Regen cause Poison, Protection cause Vulnerability, Vigor causes Weakness).
49: Stamina: Outgoing damage is reduced when endurance is low.
50: Agonizing Expedition: You are frequently afflicted with agony (need 70 AR to not take any dmg).

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Dulfy has them datamined, but they’re not all paired up to their level. However, there’s a list being compiled there that should help:
http://dulfy.net/2013/11/26/gw2-mistlock-instabilities/#more-66344

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Dulfy has them datamined, but they’re not all paired up to their level. However, there’s a list being compiled there that should help:
http://dulfy.net/2013/11/26/gw2-mistlock-instabilities/#more-66344

Cool. So as teams level up we can help Dulphy match them with each level.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I love the one where if one member dies, the whole party dies.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

32 Conditions applied to you last longer

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Some of them are insane :x

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Insane or pointless/stupid? Hopefully only the reasonable ones made it to the release.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Determination Enemies occasionally become invulnerable <<we fixed harpies… jk

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: BalkanLion.6045

BalkanLion.6045

Scarlet creates an alliances with one of your party members.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Some of those are useless against certain classes. The weapon-switching debuff does not affect Engineers and Elementalists, and the lack of stealth has no effect on Warriors, Guardians, Elementalists, and whatever other classes lack Stealth skills.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

best is doctor death- skills from ur healing skill slot causes death.
Need to roll a warrior with healing signet for that one because the of the passive heal.
good luck to other classes that has no regen or healing utilities

Instability List

in Fractured

Cynz.9437

lv 33 Outflanked

All is Vain~

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Shadoekin.3928

Shadoekin.3928

Some of the instabilities are actually quite bad. For example…

1) Barbaric: Only two-handed weapons are effective.
——> a pure shortbow thief for all 4 fractals? I guess at that certain fractal level, we shouldn’t invite any thieves to the party.

2) Finesse: Two-handed weapons are very ineffective
——> underwater fractal is gonna take foooooreeeeeeeeveeeeeeer Keep rolling until it’s not Underwater pls.

3) Doctor Death: Skills from the healing slot cause death
——> wtb AH Guardians/healing shouts Warriors/vampiric well Necros/water field Elementalist ONLY

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Some of those are useless against certain classes. The weapon-switching debuff does not affect Engineers and Elementalists, and the lack of stealth has no effect on Warriors, Guardians, Elementalists, and whatever other classes lack Stealth skills.

If a Sigil of Battle works on Engineer tool kits, and Elementalist Attunement swap, then I’m sure the same will apply here

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Now I know why the dev don’t have these instabilities after watching their twitch tv
a) Death to the clerics: More health than based health, take more damage percentage wise on extra health.
b) Cripple to the clerics: More health than based health, attack power is reduced percentage wise on extra health.
and more fun …
c) Rough & tough: More toughness than based toughness, take more damage percentage wise on extra toughness.
b) Cripple to the tough: More toughness than based toughness, attack power is reduced percentage wise on extra toughness.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I updated with the OP through 35. I know a few groups were at 37 a few hours ago, so who knows how high they are now. Waiting for the forum post that says “first to 50”

Keep em coming!

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

——> a pure shortbow thief for all 4 fractals? I guess at that certain fractal level, we shouldn’t invite any thieves to the party.

——> underwater fractal is gonna take foooooreeeeeeeeveeeeeeer Keep rolling until it’s not Underwater pls.

——> wtb AH Guardians/healing shouts Warriors/vampiric well Necros/water field Elementalist ONLY

Yeah, these are pretty ridiculous. I immediately thought of thieves also upon reading the Barbaric one. GG you can’t play, bye! Hope you have an alt!

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yeah, these are pretty ridiculous. I immediately thought of thieves also upon reading the Barbaric one. GG you can’t play, bye! Hope you have an alt!

Warning: Having an alt won’t help if you’re the instance owner.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

37 according to the [HC] post on another topic is Keep Them In Line – Damaged enemies gain boons when unattended

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

37 according to the [HC] post on another topic is Keep Them In Line – Damaged enemies gain boons when unattended

Thanks dulfy! Updated the OP.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i m playing only even anyway >.>

I looked at the list XD
Swapping weapon deals damage…
Because anet forgot there is a certain class called elementalist and another called engineer

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Updated OP through 42 from Dulfy. Wonder if anyone has hit 50 yet!

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I looked at the list XD
Because anet forgot there is a certain class called elementalist and another called engineer

Yeah this one is insane. Let’s just make the primary purpose of an entire class useless yayyyyy.

Eh, can just skip it xD

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I looked at the list XD

Yeah this one is insane. Let’s just make the primary purpose of an entire class useless yayyyyy.

Eh, can just skip it xD

Eh, for engi you can go elixir nades and still be pretty useful. Can’t speak for ele.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I looked at the list XD

Eh, can just skip it xD

Eh, for engi you can go elixir nades and still be pretty useful. Can’t speak for ele.

In ele you gotta just camp one attunement…. Which really stinks, unless you’re running the staff lava font build.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, instead of providing unique difficulties, they definitely should have just put up some generic ‘Enemies now deal more damage, lolz’ mechanic so that people who can’t be bothered to build solid groups with friends can continue to pug their way through easy content.

/sarcasm

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Broken Mirrors You cannot reflect missiles

Harpies: “Prepare ur Anus!”

Reaper Death periodically strikes

Bad Luck Brian: “Oh look, a shooting star!”

Overextended Take damage when you deal critical damage

Cleric FTW!

(edited by Vajra.3914)

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Build solid groups sounds rather easy. Especially with fractal levels being accountwide and the list of instabilities known (unless you are at the forefront of the get to 50 race).

But considering you want to go with the people at hand: Even if the alts are there, consider this: How many of your characters actually sport the necessary AR for those levels?

I wrote in another thread that it’s a given that the instabilities will have more impact on certain professions and builds than others. The only question is how much do these instabilities cripple certain professions.
If you know what you’re up against you can of course modify your build if you think it’s necessary. And that will for many professions lessen the difficulties provided by the instabilities.
Note: Many. My Elementalist for example is only an alt so I won’t presume I know everything about her, but being punished for switching your attunement sounds almost gamebreaking for me. Of course it highly depends on how much damage the instability actually will deal, what fractals you get and the rest of the group but still.

Some of the instabilties simply read like a bit over the top to me (looking at reaper and weak link here). But I’ll concede, that for most we don’t know the exact numbers yet, so that remains to be seen.
And theres one thing those instabilities will certainly do: Have some people rethink their normal stategies.
My personal favorite, though I run a guardian as my main, is Broken Mirrors. Uncategorized and Volcanic sound a lot more interesting with that one.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Instability List

in Fractured

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Some of them are really nice. They add difficulty, fun are new challenge. Like the Mossman Stalk you, or the lightning strike (if you can dodge it, if not then its just stupid), playing favorite, last laugh, etc.

Some are lazy. They only buff thing up or negate things on your side. They don’t bring new gameplay, they just make it harder. Like Fleeting Precision, Lethargic, etc.

Some are just bad idea. Like Broken Mirrors, Barbaric, Fitness, Doctor Death, etc.

But some of them i just don’t understand what is going to happen.
-Ill and Chill : what are those unintended effects ?
- Double and Single Tag Team : Do we really gonna have to do the fractal with only 4 or 3 people fighting?
- Tenderfoot : I hope you can do something to stop it, like moving or going on something, because if not it just enter in the lazy category. A conditions on you and that is all.
- Stay Aloft : SERIOUSLY. Not all the fractal have spot that you can go them so i suppose some object will appear so you can step on them. Or what you need to jump for the whole fractal?
- Reaper : That could be funny for a short time. I hope that a animation of the reaper just go after you and you have to run the hell out of there before it touch you. If its only a instant death random then its one of the worst idea ever.
- Tremors : ??? Do you have a epileptic seizure on the ground or its like in the movie and a worm monster attack you from underground?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Updated through 46. I’ll bet someone is going to hit 50 in the next few hours.

Instability List

in Fractured

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Updated through 50! It seems 40 and 50 are the same. Perhaps every 10th level is agonizing expedition, where you’ll need more and more agony to progress.

Instability List

in Fractured

Cynz.9437

seems like lv 47 will be the thing to run

All is Vain~