Long Live Gnashblade

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

For those of you who fully supported Evon during Cutthroat Politics, I thank you.
Never forget what could have been. Never forget the real council member.

Never forget Evon Gnashblade.

May he someday reclaim his rightful position from…‘cough’ Kiel ‘cough’

NSPride <3

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

I still have a stack of his Representation Buttons sitting in my bank as a souvenir. ;D

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Angelic.1365

Angelic.1365

Long live Evon Gnashblade!

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Still over 700 representation tokens on my Charr. Long live Abbadon!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I still have 2 stacks of Evon buttons in my bank. I miss him.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I still find the way they choose the new Council member was odd. We knew that lore-wise the way you got on the Council was to pay up the gold, and then have the Council itself vote on whether or not the person signing up was right for the job. Having the general populace made no sense from the start.

Either way, I’m past the final vote, and am excited to see the new Fractals being added to the game!!

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

200 on mine for him I missed the last day of voting

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I still find the way they choose the new Council member was odd. We knew that lore-wise the way you got on the Council was to pay up the gold, and then have the Council itself vote on whether or not the person signing up was right for the job. Having the general populace made no sense from the start.

Either way, I’m past the final vote, and am excited to see the new Fractals being added to the game!!

General populace wasn’t voting for his seat in the council. Council decided to choose whoever the Zephyrites will sign a trade agreement with, and Zephyrites decided that they will sign with with the one who has the most devoted supporters.

Hence, by going along with the bagde activities, you showed your support to Evon/Kiel to the Zephyrites, not teh council.

Still – Evon for the Council, elections were rigged!

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

General populace wasn’t voting for his seat in the council. Council decided to choose whoever the Zephyrites will sign a trade agreement with, and Zephyrites decided that they will sign with with the one who has the most devoted supporters.

Hence, by going along with the bagde activities, you showed your support to Evon/Kiel to the Zephyrites, not teh council.

Still – Evon for the Council, elections were rigged!

1) There’s no way to prove it was rigged, and I’m a Gnashblade supporter.
2) It was still a vote, but with a middleman.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Did you really support Evon, or did you just support the Abbadon fractal?

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Angelic.1365

Angelic.1365

Was there a difference?

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Of course we can’t prove it, it just proves it’s been rigged well! So probably Evon rigged it himself, for reasons known to him…

And I really supported Evon, I prefer characters with own interests in mind over knights in shining armours.

Abbadon was a big bonus though, I won’t lie, it’s much more interesting to me than Thaumanova.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Elen bought her votes by offering waypoint reduction. Also she did nothing in dungeons 0 helpfulness. So for 50 silver over course of 1 month people voted for her which for any 80 player by now know is worth nothing.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Both for me. I’m glad they at least kept him as Southsun Survival host.

but now we’ll never ever ever get to ever see Abaddon ever again ever.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaiiku.2917

Kaiiku.2917

The true GW1 fans voted for Evon…

#TeamEvonGnashblade

~ Kaiiku Yintro: 80 Human Warrior ~
~ Kira Yintro: 80 Human Mesmer ~
- Yak’s Bend -

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Nice to hear I’m not the only one who kept their representation tokens.

Hmmm, perhaps Evon supporters could all plan to gather outside of the Fractal gate when the new ones are released with their rep buttons active?

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I am soooooo glad we got cheap waypoints for a time. How long did it last? How much money did it save us all? I didn’t notice the change but I am 100% positive that’s one of the chief reasons I have 40 gold in the bank. Thanks Ellen!

Um, no.

EVON GNASHBLADE FOREVER!!!!!!

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Ratchet.5416

Ratchet.5416

Just dropping in my undying support for Gnashblade here. I also still have a lot of buttons, 8 banners left and my Mini Evon, which I don’t summon much due to it constantly reminding me of our great loss.

I’m one of those who voted for Evon, not the Abaddon fractal, by the way, but it would have been much more interesting than a reactor (imho). The thought of enduring Kiel again next week, ugh!

Evon Gnashblade forever! Next council seat is yours!

Vote Gnashblade!
And revive Baelfire.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Elen bought her votes by offering waypoint reduction. Also she did nothing in dungeons 0 helpfulness. So for 50 silver over course of 1 month people voted for her which for any 80 player by now know is worth nothing.

Some people gave off the wall numbers of 50 gold that they saved because of the reduced waypoint costs. Lets say the average waypoint cost at level 80 is 2 silver (the cheapest is 1s39c, and the most expensive can run up to around 4 silver)

2s – 20% = 1s60c, a 40 copper savings. That person would of had to fast travel 12,500 times in order to save 50 gold!!! Seriously?!? Many people say they spent 8 gold a week fast traveling, and they would need to travel an average of 400 times a week to spend 8 gold, and in order to save an average of 2 gold, they would need to fast travel an average of 400 times. That’s a little crazy, and maybe at that point, you possibly deserve to lose that much money, traveling around like its free (even though it isn’t!)

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

As far as Evon goes,…What we should do, is try to organize an ingame event in support of Evon and the Abbadon Fractal. This is a living world after all, and Anet does like to talk about how important the players are in changing the world. I think that if enough of us stand up, shout, and make our voices heard, then Lions Arch (and by extenstion, Anet) has no choice but to listen to our voices, and research a new fractal (and also create a new seat on the Captain’s council for Evon Gnashblade in order to avoid riots in the street) Sure, it would have to be a massive * , cross server effort in order to get their attention, and even if Anet listens to us, it would be 6 months to a year before we see it, but that is what it will take.

- * When I mean massive, I mean, we need Lions Arch in all servers to be filled into overflow with no one but Evon Supporters. Thats quite a few thousand of players.

Players have caused developers to make changes and add stuff in other games in the past. You can read about Eve online, and see a dozen examples. Of course, Anet isn’t CCP, so, probably nothing will happen either way…

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

LONG LIVE LORD ABADDON

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Would have preferred to see the Abaddon fractal, but I voted for Kiel because I like her better than Evon.

Plus, Evon was just taking advantage the election to shill more of his stuff. (20% off Black Lion Keys? Really? Your reward for voting for you is getting me to lose more money on gambling??)

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Razor.9872

Would have preferred to see the Abaddon fractal, but I voted for Kiel because I like her better than Evon.

Plus, Evon was just taking advantage the election to shill more of his stuff. (20% off Black Lion Keys? Really? Your reward for voting for you is getting me to lose more money on gambling??)

When you word it that way, it does sound bad. In another context, one could say he used the election as a time to show he is not afraid of self-sacrifice. He could potentially be losing a lot of money by offering that sale, but chose to go with it anyway. In addition, Evon is in many ways Just like Yomm. Unlike Kiel (the bland, overused, "good guy moral character), Evon actually has a decent character to build off of. He’s not the “evil businessman” everyone takes him to be. Again, he’s just like Yomm. There is a fine line between being greedy and resourceful; Evon walks that line resourcefully. His entire life experience is built around communication. He’s a decision maker, strategist, diplomat, and politician (not in the bad sense of the word). This is why he would have made a better council member than some half-wit cop with a moral complex. For the sake of adding more reasons, I will also say that, despite being a Charr (Charr have no gods), Evon decided to base a large majority of his campaign around the human gods — further proving his willingness to associate himself and work with all races of Tyria. This is what a Lion’s Arch council member must do; this is what Yomm did and what Evon could have done.

NSPride <3

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

long live Evon Gnashblade… I hope he is actually Mr.E the mysterious ‘friend’ we have.

Sure Evon could be seen as ambitious but he also stood up for the people of Lion’s Arch against his Warband when they wanted to use force instead of diplomacy.

I like the guy, he’s much more of a complex character than Kiel, and he’s only had about a 1/4 of the time in-game then her.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

When you word it that way, it does sound bad. In another context, one could say he used the election as a time to show he is not afraid of self-sacrifice. He could potentially be losing a lot of money by offering that sale, but chose to go with it anyway. In addition, Evon is in many ways Just like Yomm. Unlike Kiel (the bland, overused, "good guy moral character), Evon actually has a decent character to build off of. He’s not the “evil businessman” everyone takes him to be. Again, he’s just like Yomm. There is a fine line between being greedy and resourceful; Evon walks that line resourcefully. His entire life experience is built around communication. He’s a decision maker, strategist, diplomat, and politician (not in the bad sense of the word). This is why he would have made a better council member than some half-wit cop with a moral complex. For the sake of adding more reasons, I will also say that, despite being a Charr (Charr have no gods), Evon decided to base a large majority of his campaign around the human gods — further proving his willingness to associate himself and work with all races of Tyria. This is what a Lion’s Arch council member must do; this is what Yomm did and what Evon could have done.

To be honest, we got to know Kiel about two or three months before Evon entered the picture and yeah, she was the stereotypical ‘good moral character’ but people go with what they know and they knew Kiel more than Evon, and so, went with Kiel. I’m sure we’ll get a chance to play the Abaddon fractal next year.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Zaxares.5419

When you word it that way, it does sound bad. In another context, one could say he used the election as a time to show he is not afraid of self-sacrifice. He could potentially be losing a lot of money by offering that sale, but chose to go with it anyway.

Except we both know that’s not the case. ALL gambling has the odds stacked in the house’s favour. They wouldn’t be in business otherwise. Evon’s not dumb; he wouldn’t have made the offer if he knew he’d lose money out of it. Call me cynical, but I see his offer as just another way to fatten his coffers while making it out to be a “service to the people”.

Don’t get me wrong; I agree that as a character, Evon has a much more interesting background than Kiel does. However, I still wouldn’t want him in charge of my government. :P If the elections were held again today, Kiel’s still getting my vote.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Yes I remember him well everyday I look at my floor and above my fire place.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Razor.9872

When you word it that way, it does sound bad. In another context, one could say he used the election as a time to show he is not afraid of self-sacrifice. He could potentially be losing a lot of money by offering that sale, but chose to go with it anyway.

Except we both know that’s not the case. ALL gambling has the odds stacked in the house’s favour. They wouldn’t be in business otherwise. Evon’s not dumb; he wouldn’t have made the offer if he knew he’d lose money out of it. Call me cynical, but I see his offer as just another way to fatten his coffers while making it out to be a “service to the people”.

Don’t get me wrong; I agree that as a character, Evon has a much more interesting background than Kiel does. However, I still wouldn’t want him in charge of my government. :P If the elections were held again today, Kiel’s still getting my vote.

I wouldn’t say “we both know that’s not the case.” Even if you are right, and he was doing so to grab more bank, then he was doing so to have more money ready for the city. Like I said, he’s a spitting image of Yomm. It’s unfortunate that we as the player-base were hardly introduced to him before the update went live. At a glance, Gnashblade’s dialogue can make him seem somewhat greedy. However, on close inspection with his word-choice, one can see he isn’t that way at all. He’s simply efficient and to the point.

NSPride <3

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

Have you recently talked with Evon? He is still on his office in LA, saying the same sentence over and over: “I thought that the candidate that spent the more gold wouldbe the one who was supposed to win”… lame.
Evon was supposed to loose from the beggining till the end. In addition , only people from gw1 cares about Abbadon. And they are (and will be even more in the future) a minority.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: zach.1847

zach.1847

Just logged in to join the Evon.support – and I shall wear my Button during the next update.

Attachments:

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Hmm yes the excellent election where the true winners were those that stockpiled support tokens until the end for delicious vendor moneys.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

In an MMO, when an aspect of the game is borked (and the fractals were borked) you have to eventually tear it down, or revamp it. And by doing that you are necessarily going to make the ones upset that liked and profited from the way things were before. But that can’t stop the developers, because they have to look after the game on a greater scale. They have to do things “for the greater good” and if people weren’t so stubborn and narrow-minded they would see that sacrifices have to be made to make the game better for everyone and for it to survive the years to come.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You should be happy Evon lost. If he had won, we would have gotten Abbadon’s fall…

…caused by Scarlet.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Never forget!

#TeamGnashblade2013

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I voted Evon. He felt and looked like a more interesting character. Kiel wasn’t interesting enough to get my full votes.

The fact that Kiel was in the living story long before Evon got him into a disadvantage.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

In an MMO, when an aspect of the game is borked (and the fractals were borked) you have to eventually tear it down, or revamp it. And by doing that you are necessarily going to make the ones upset that liked and profited from the way things were before. But that can’t stop the developers, because they have to look after the game on a greater scale. They have to do things “for the greater good” and if people weren’t so stubborn and narrow-minded they would see that sacrifices have to be made to make the game better for everyone and for it to survive the years to come.

I feel like this post was meant for another thread.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

He’s not dead, don’t be such a crying baby. Evon wouldn’t respect this.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Razor.9872

Have you recently talked with Evon? He is still on his office in LA, saying the same sentence over and over: “I thought that the candidate that spent the more gold wouldbe the one who was supposed to win”… lame.
Evon was supposed to loose from the beggining till the end. In addition , only people from gw1 cares about Abbadon. And they are (and will be even more in the future) a minority.

I heard it, but I doubt he actually believes that. The ton in which he says it is…off. I do agree that Evon was set up for the minority, but I don’t believe that minority was solely the gw1 fanbase. I myself never touched gw1 (unfortunately :< ), yet Evon shined more interesting a character than I believe Kiel ever could.

NSPride <3

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If Evon Gnashblade were a pony, he’d be best pony.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Zaxares.5419

Evon would murder you for daring to imagine him as a pony.

@Razor: I’ll concede that Evon MAY intend to use his wealth to steer LA towards the greater good. We know that he’s secretly an undercover agent for the Ash Legion (although that was in the past. He might have had a falling out with them in the years since, seeing as how none of his original warband seems to remain with him), and he probably has vested interests in maintaining peace and stability in the area. He’s still not getting my vote, but I acknowledge that there’s more to him than meets the eye.

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Awwwwwww is someone jealous because they didn’t play GW1? So many out there tsk tsk, you can actually still buy the games and give it a try m8. No need to be jealous anymore over the GW1 vets and Abbaddon fun. Evon FTW!!!!!
P.S. There are more of us (GW1 vets) still in the game than you think m8, we are EVERYWHERE lol! GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

kitten Evon and his 15% Evon-tax on every single kittenen TP sale. That is all.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

It’s people like you guys who gave me motivation to grind for hours so i could go and vote AGAINST that black lion leeching cow. Story in fractals is meaningless, tbh i don’t see any story in any of them so i didn’t care who won, yet the attitude of Gnashblade supporters, demanding others vote how they want made me support Kiel with passion. Thanks for reminding me of amazing feeling i got when i was reading all your posts after Kiel won, all this anger, grief and whining, knowing it’s partly thanks to me was trully amazing

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I still have over a hundred Evon buttons, I use them when I run around in WvW.

He should have won, he was clearly robbed during the election, I say it was fixed!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Long Live Gnashblade

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

/me puts tinfoil hat on.
Did anyone else notice that throughout the election the votes were split 48/52? Anet even said it was a pirate election O__O