Mistlock Abilities will be unbalanced

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m going to go ahead and call it now. The new level 31+ mistlock abilities are going to be biased against certain classes.

No matter what the increased challenge is, it will always cause one class to suffer more than another.

However, with that being said, since fractal levels are account bound I don’t actually see it as a problem. Is endurance regen reduced? Thief is useless… switch to gaurd/warrior. Enemies immune to conditions? Switch from necro to warrior.

However you will probably always be safe with warrior . They don’t really have any weaknesses so you should be good.

If you don’t believe me name a possible unique difficulty increase and I will be happy to point out which class is screwed over by that change.

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

And your point being? I think it’s a given that any form of instability is going to have more impact on certain professions than others. The same is true for certain builds.

But the same can be said for almost any part of the game. If you have diversity, you always have someone who fares better in certain situations than someone else. The only solution to change that would be to have only one profession, which I am sure none of us would like. (At least not in a setup like GW2.)

Still that won’t prompt any profession to become useless. If that happens, than the developement team screwed up big time.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’d love to see an instability which specifically targets warriors and turns them into quaggans with one skill called splash which does precisely one damage.

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Well if they make a different class useless each time, it would be balanced. If 31 makes necros weak (immune to conditions), and 32 makes warriors weak (EG can’t be criticalled ), and 33 makes guards weak (EG reduces regeneration), 34 makes Mesmers weak (chain attacks), etc. As long as classes are all targetted the same amount of times, it’s not unbalanced.

in Fractured

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’d love to see an instability which specifically targets warriors and turns them into quaggans with one skill called splash which does precisely one damage.

Well as long as they don’t make that sound…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Greatsword damage (does not apply to FGS) does 50% less damage. Bye wars/guards =).

I wonder if instabilities will apply to ranger pets. Could bearbows be the new meta?

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Vulnerability doesn’t exist, Might doesn’t exist.

There go warriors and zerker speedclear groups :P

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Greatsword damage (does not apply to FGS) does 50% less damage. Bye wars/guards =).

I wonder if instabilities will apply to ranger pets. Could bearbows be the new meta?

My guard carries Mace, Hammer, Greatsword, Staff, Sceptre, Torch, Shield, and Longsword….all used for different parts of different fractals and dungeons depending on need by the party (who I am partied with and what they bring to the table).

Something like this would actually be fun and force people to change up their builds / weapons more.

I had the hardest time convincing one of my guildmates to simply take different Skills based on different fights within fractals and not just run with his default set!

in Fractured

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

That could be good actually. Bad warriors and guards could learn they shouldn’t be camping greatsword for dps in the first place. Would barely affect good warriors and guards though.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

That could be good actually. Bad warriors and guards could learn they shouldn’t be camping greatsword for dps in the first place. Would barely affect good warriors and guards though.

It would screw with warrior rotation. I don’t know what the new rotation would be though. 100b and whirlwind was a big part of the deeps.

As far as guardians go, I’m not very familiar with them.

in Fractured

laharl.8435

It would screw with warrior rotation. I don’t know what the new rotation would be though. 100b and whirlwind was a big part of the deeps.

As far as guardians go, I’m not very familiar with them.

It would simply be pure axe. Axe/mace axe/warhorn, barely a change in dps (dps gain in some situations). Guardians would be sword auto. Loss of gs wouldn’t be that bad, especially in an organized setting because now there’d be even more might from blast finishers.

(edited by laharl.8435)

in Fractured

JMar.3254

It would simply be pure axe. Axe/mace axe/warhorn, barely a change in dps. Guardians would be sword auto. Loss of gs wouldn’t be that bad, especially in an organized setting because now there’d be even more might from blast finishers.

I figured it would be axe/mace & axe/horn. But I thought the 100b and whirlwhind (against a wall) would be a significant lose in dps. Oh well.

How about melee weapons 50% less damage lol. Or it could be like the mesmer GS, you do more damage the further away you are.

in Fractured

laharl.8435

It would simply be pure axe. Axe/mace axe/warhorn, barely a change in dps. Guardians would be sword auto. Loss of gs wouldn’t be that bad, especially in an organized setting because now there’d be even more might from blast finishers.

I figured it would be axe/mace & axe/horn. But I thought the 100b and whirlwhind (against a wall) would be a significant lose in dps. Oh well.

How about melee weapons 50% less damage lol. Or it could be like the mesmer GS, you do more damage the further away you are.

Now you’re talking. Good god I hope they don’t do something like that…

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

My guard carries Mace, Hammer, Greatsword, Staff, Sceptre, Torch, Shield, and Longsword….all used for different parts of different fractals and dungeons depending on need by the party (who I am partied with and what they bring to the table).

Something like this would actually be fun and force people to change up their builds / weapons more.

I had the hardest time convincing one of my guildmates to simply take different Skills based on different fights within fractals and not just run with his default set!

Pffft no Sword and Focus on inventory? Come back when you actually have all weapons brah, 1337 groups won’t take you seriouslee

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

They made fotm alt friendly for a reason exploit it

in Fractured

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If you don’t believe me name a possible unique difficulty increase and I will be happy to point out which class is screwed over by that change.

Armor Corruption: Heavy armor will randomly apply 25 stacks of vulnerability to the wearer for 20 seconds. Medium armor will randomly root the wearer for 7 seconds. Light Armor will randomly apply weakness for 15 seconds.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

Armor Corruption: Heavy armor will randomly apply 25 stacks of vulnerability to the wearer for 20 seconds. Medium armor will randomly root the wearer for 7 seconds. Light Armor will randomly apply weakness for 15 seconds.

every class except necro is screwed. All necro group = perma weakness on the enemy= ez mode.

in Fractured

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Not bad, not bad. I’ll pose an idea as well. How about all warriors wielding greatswords get their weapons replaced with a useless rubber chicken. Mesmers need one too… but it’s too early in the morning to think of anything clever… hmm. How about their portal gets a chance to backfire and the party to a new zone dubbed “exploiter’s hell”. A terrible place packed with enemies that see through invisibility and use horrifying combinations of knockback, slow, and roots. /shutter

in Fractured

Posted by: MizuTsuki.5867

MizuTsuki.5867

I’m going to go ahead and call it now. The new level 31+ mistlock abilities are going to be biased against certain classes.

No matter what the increased challenge is, it will always cause one class to suffer more than another.

Thats why you have a team of 5.. you have 4 other ppl to support you! That’s exactly what difficulty is for a team…

in Fractured

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

A Warrior with a GS is not bad, a warrior with ONLY a GS is bad.

in Fractured

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

I allready noticed that the toxic pollen debuff is imbalanced.

Professions with a low health pool and with less healing suffer way more then others.
Best example is a thief that has the least HP combined with the least healing.

I run through the tower with warrior or guardian without even noticing the debuff.
The thief on the other hand allready gets problems by just having the debuff without even having enemies around.

I can see how Mistlock Abilities like knock downs every 10 seconds, a permanent dot condition or something like that will favor warriors and guardians even more.

in Fractured

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Celestial gear and hybrid builds will rule fotm if this is the case.

MUHAHAHA.

I wish.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Fractured

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

it will be like everything once it comes out ppl don’t know how to counter.

2 months later solid tacs developed and we proceed to faceroll the content.

as for group set up maybe its time the whole 3 wars 1 guard 1 mes got nerfed so we have a decent group balance from all aspects of the game like it was intended.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Fractured

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

You just said it yourself

>less endurance recharge (even better, no recharge at all, for real masochists)
>goodbye berserker warriors

in Fractured

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I will use short bow ranger for everything and do just fine.

in Fractured

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I would roll a warrior just to play as a quaggan :P

On a serious note: it would be cool if we had acces to trait resets in case these instanilities are that drastic. Most, if not all professione can adapt to unknown situations (atleast, with a proper player controlling them) very well, compared to holy trinity mmos.

And no, please dont make it a consumablr item for 70 gems per use. Oh wait, we already have that :P.

I heard power necros are viable too, and thyre not locked to playing condition.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Fractured

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Uh….. Warriors and guardians would be hurt a hell of a lot more by reduced endurance regen than a thief…. Solution as a thief? Pistol whip, larcenous strike, heart seeker, leaping death blossom, or shadow step to avoid attacks instead, warriors would not have that luxury….

I have a strong feeling a lot of you don’t actually know the strengths and weaknesses of the other professions…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Fractured

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Warrior: This fractal heavily puts me and my ability to speed clear at a disadvantage, welp it’s a good thing i only need to do it once :P.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Well if they make a different class useless each time, it would be balanced. If 31 makes necros weak (immune to conditions), and 32 makes warriors weak (EG can’t be criticalled ), and 33 makes guards weak (EG reduces regeneration), 34 makes Mesmers weak (chain attacks), etc. As long as classes are all targetted the same amount of times, it’s not unbalanced.

Not really true because most fractals are once through fractals. People only do dailies on 10,20,26, 38, 48. So as only as the devs handicap the rangers on those fractals we should be good. Ps kick any ranger from group trying to get into fractals…there garbage.

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I bet they will mess with evasions…
Making guardian/warrior even more godlike

And light profession even more unviable.

Also i expect DPS checks everywhere (anet loves dps checks) so you need warriors/dps even more…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

every class except necro is screwed. All necro group = perma weakness on the enemy= ez mode.

The All Necro group would be suffering from the perma weakness, not the enemy.

All groups would be screwed, which would be fair.

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

weakness has no effect on conditions. Necros have 4 separate abilities to transfer conditions from themselves to the enemy. Putting a permanent condition on a necro is like them winning the lottery.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

weakness has no effect on conditions. Necros have 4 separate abilities to transfer conditions from themselves to the enemy. Putting a permanent condition on a necro is like them winning the lottery.

Not if the effect is treated separately from regular conditions and transfers/cleanses/etc. are ineffective.

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

Not if the effect is treated separately from regular conditions and transfers/cleanses/etc. are ineffective.

That is true. But still weakness doesn’t effect conditions and I doubt the devs have the technical capabilities to even attempt to implement something that does effect conditions in that manner.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I for one would love to see armor classes get turned on their heads in fractals, and base HP. Nothing would please me more than watching warriors get pummeled over and over when they get the armor and HP of an ele, or seeing the much more skilled at staying alive ele’s have a ton of armor and HP.

in Fractured

laharl.8435

A Warrior with a GS is not bad, a warrior with ONLY a GS is bad.

I said warriors camping greatsword.

in Fractured

Morsus.5106

The 39 instability is enemies explode on death. Anyone with ranged attacks (non-guardians) will be taking extra damage here. The main person this affects is Guardians, as their main ranged abilities are Scepter and Staff.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

The 39 instability is enemies explode on death. Anyone with ranged attacks (non-guardians) will be taking extra damage here. The main person this affects is Guardians, as their main ranged abilities are Scepter and Staff.

Good players melee. Good players will still avoid it. It punishes bad players, like they all do.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Source? I was under the impression that they’d be randomized; a bit like a randomly picked Gambit, or an endgame map in PoE.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Fractured

Durzlla.6295

Source? I was under the impression that they’d be randomized; a bit like a randomly picked Gambit, or an endgame map in PoE.

the source is the preview, they said that it was the instability for lv 39 and all the lvs have their own stability, they said some groups will have an easier time on different levels than others and that’s on purpose.

in Fractured

Durzlla.6295

Good players melee. Good players will still avoid it. It punishes bad players, like they all do.

Not saying that you wont be able to avoid it… but you’d have to make sure you always have a dodge ready because that explosion (in the preview anyway) launched people as well as dealing a pretty good chunk of damage, so i don’t think good players will be able to avoid it too easily…

Don’t get me wrong, they will, just saying ranged would be A LOT easier on that one than melee, but that tends to be how ranged works, better survivability/easier to avoid stuff, less damage. They did say though there will be instabilities that punish being at ranged though in a similar way to that one punishing being at melee, so i’m interested to see what they all are!

in Fractured

Morsus.5106

Did you watch the twitch preview? They directly said each one is set in stone. The 31 one is always the same, the 32 one is always the same, the 33 one is always the same, and the 39 one will always be “Last Laugh” in which the enemy explodes on death.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Did you watch the twitch preview? They directly said each one is set in stone. The 31 one is always the same, the 32 one is always the same, the 33 one is always the same, and the 39 one will always be “Last Laugh” in which the enemy explodes on death.

Nah, I hadn’t by then. I don’t keep enough of a track on the twitch videos.

At any rate, bummer.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Fractured

Morsus.5106

@Sarrs On the other hand, as long as the unbalanced ones aren’t on any major fractals, it won’t matter.

in Fractured

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

heart seeker

to avoid attacks instead

Wat.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief