Noob fractal questions.

Noob fractal questions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pandamonium.8035

Pandamonium.8035

1. Around what level should I even be worried about having agony resist? I’m at lvl 10 right now.

2. I’m trying to save for the backpack but I could buy the +5 agony resist from laurels though I don’t really want to waste them to replace later with the mystic forge ones… Should I even bother with the forge ones?

3. What item slots can be upgraded for a infusion slot?

Thanks.

Noob fractal questions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shahotinaro.9250

Shahotinaro.9250

1. 10

2. Do not spend laurels on AR. Go buy your Ascended Amulet from WvW for 20 Laurels and 250 BoH. Then slot that with a Vers. Infusion from the FotM vendor. If you have Guild Commendations, buy Ascended Accessories and slot those aswell.

3. All ascended item can have a Versatile Simple Infusion in it (purchased from the FotM Vendor). Your Backpiece and 2 Rings can be infused, and those are the ones you put the +?s Agony Infusions in those along with a Vers. Infusion.

[CORE] is recruiting. http://4thecore.net/
[US First] Complete FotM 50

Noob fractal questions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

1. you should have at least 5 for level 10 (+10 is better). Don’t listen to anyone that says you don’t need agony.

2. Just buy the versatile infusion. It’s fairly cheap.

3. ring and backpack, currently.

Noob fractal questions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

1. From what I hear, as a general rule you should aim for a AR level of (Fractals level – 5). This is the minimum AR you’ll need to survive a hit from Agony. An AR level equal to the Fractals level makes it almost negligible.

However, from level 10 – 19, most Agony attacks only come from boss attacks and are mostly dodgable. There are a few attacks that inflict unavoidable Agony, but if you’re willing to take the death and repair fee (and your teammates don’t mind ressing you after), it’s possible to get through levels 10 – 19 with no AR.

Caveat: This is what I heard prior to the Fractured update. Post-update, I hear that the new boss Fractals have lots of unavoidable Agony, so unless some more experienced Fractal players here can comment, I’d recommend a minimum of 5 AR for levels 10 – 19.

2. You can just buy Versatile infusions for 75 Fractal Relics. Those will fit in any of the basic infusion slots that come on Ascended gear.

Infusing your Ascended gear will give you an extra Agony infusion slot, which is where the +1 Agony infusions you’ve been getting will fit in.

However, depending on how much Ascended gear you’ve got, you can get up to 40 AR just by using ordinary Versatile infusions (2 Rings, 1 Backpiece, 1 Amulet, 2 Accessories, 2 Weapons). If you’re not planning on going past level 40 Fractals, you probably don’t need to infuse any of your gear at all. (Just use any Infused Ascended Rings you get as drops.)

3. Currently only Ascended Rings and Backpieces can be infused to gain the extra Agony infusion slot.

Noob fractal questions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You can buy agony infusions from the trade post now, or you can craft yours by using those +1 agony infusions you get from the chests in fotm. The +5 agony infusion is around 5g now.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion