Party Kicked as Leader Off9/DC/Quit/Leave

in Fractured

Posted by: Vickedievs.8463

Vickedievs.8463

Fractured has began only like 2 to 3 weeks? and this is my X number of time getting kick out from the Fractal we are doing because of the leader offline dc or rage quit. I am not sure why anet would even leave this problem unattended.

Why do the rest of the party members have to suffer when one decided to leave?
Which of these is fair when all of us may had contributes minutes to hours, and in the end to have a member left us not hanging but nothing!!!!!

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Same reason all the other major problems in this game exist… “technical difficulties” that they are either unable to or unwilling to spend the time to fix.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for this ever being fixed, I don’t think they’ve even acknowledged it as a problem yet. Look at condition damage. They said they were working on a “fix” 10 months ago… or look at the combat log, they said they wanted to “improve its functionality” 13 months ago… hows that going?

I think they must have fired all their coders after release. The only people they have left are people that can use the high level tools to make quick buggy content.

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

If the leader DC’s or go’s offline he no longer is party leader and it does not effect the remaining members of the group. The person who opens fractals can even leave the instance to repair now as long as they don’t change the character they are using. Are you sure your not being kicked?

in Fractured

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

I had also experienced my party running fractals we were in 3rd frac it was a competent party. Half of 3rd frac he said brb then us 4 decided to continue it while waiting after we finish he still afk and no response. The sad thing is we cant kick him cause he started it. We waited for 30mins after that had no choice but leave the frac but of course we kick him so everybody will disband so he cannot benefit from when he decided to get back. But still it was a waste of time…if wr can only kick party leaders it would be nice. .

in Fractured

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

If the leader DC’s or go’s offline he no longer is party leader and it does not effect the remaining members of the group. The person who opens fractals can even leave the instance to repair now as long as they don’t change the character they are using. Are you sure your not being kicked?

If a party leader leaves the party, or is offline for more than 15 minutes the party is left for them automatically. At this point everyone gets kicked from the instance. Its a pesky problem, why me as a GL always makes sure that I enter the instance, because I know I wont quit or have to leave before the run is done.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This bug is now a feature for defending against people kicking you at the last moment to bring in guildies or sell your spot.

in Fractured

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

I thought this too, but I (party leader) tried to switch to my alt during a fractal and my party got kicked out of the dungeon. They were not happy, and neither was I.

in Fractured

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I thought this too, but I (party leader) tried to switch to my alt during a fractal and my party got kicked out of the dungeon. They were not happy, and neither was I.

That’s what he said. You can’t switch characters if you’re the instance owner, this results in a dungeon kick. Zerotwo is saying the instance owner can leave the instance or go offline and the instance and party will stay intact, which is true.

Although he did say if the party leader goes offline, they’re no longer the party leader. I’m pretty sure that person remains party leader (instance owner).

(edited by laharl.8435)

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

The party leader can indeed leave and repair….as long as they do not switch characters or log out of the game entirely (log out to desktop). If this happens, the party is kicked.

I too had this happen….while we were fighting the final boss (person who opened the fractal actually disconnected before we fought the boss)…we decided to 4-man Mai Trin and had her almost defeated when we were all suddenly kicked to Lions arch. It very-well could have been the 15 minute thing that someone mentioned above since we sat around and waited for a while before deciding to 4-man it. If that is the case, we probably would have been better attacking her right away since we would have certainly beaten her before the 15 minutes was up…and at least gotten the advancement / rewards.

in Fractured

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Agreed, still a problem. I tested it out and found I could totally log out to desktop and get back in. So, unless the instance owner decides he does not want to go back in or can no longer reconnect to the internet then the party gets disbanded. I think you would agree this is rare. If you are doing well as a party then it stands to reason that the party leader would reconnect to get back in. I can’t clarify the exact time it takes to consider the player gone. Someone said it was 15 mins.