Please Bring Back Fractured Achievements!

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

Many people missed out on the Fractured living story achievements because of very strange RNG. Personally I did at over 30 full fractal runs and did not encounter the Volcanic fractal which like most others is supposed to have a 1 in 5 chance of appearing. The chance of not getting a certain fractal for 30 runs in a row is (4/5)^30 = 0.01. Maybe all the players below are in the 1% like me, but either way, 2 weeks was not enough time for all players to complete this achievement even with significant time and effort spent. And so I ask:

Please bring back the Fractured achievements for at least another week!

RNG on achievement pts
Achievement points and luck
Fractured! achievements gone too soon
SUGGESTION: Return Fractured!
Fractured Living Story achievement
Fractal Fortnight – 2 or 4 weeks?
Volcanic?
Paying 5g for molten boss fractal
Fractured Achivements
Is Meta going away on Tuesday?
No Volcanic or Ascalon since the update
from when to when LS
Dredge every run
Looking for Aetherblade Fractal [EU]
How long do meta achievements last?

PS: This is the first achievement category in the game that I have missed (including a full HoM, GWAMM, maxing out all repeatable living story achies, and doing all of season 1 WvW). I was unable to complete it because of RNG, and if this isn’t resolved I will no longer have a “perfect” account and will quit this game.

(edited by Beastageddon.4037)

in Fractured

Posted by: Refeuh.8493

Refeuh.8493

Signed !

“This is the first achievement category in the game that I have missed (including a full HoM, GWAMM, maxing out all repeatable living story achies, and doing all of season 1 WvW). I was unable to complete it because of RNG”

I’m in the same situation ; I’m a completionist, and while I might not be leaving the game this will significantly modify my approach to achievements in GW2.

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Same boat. I really hope ArenaNet will do this for us. The Fractured! achievements do not interfere with current content, so they can reverse it if they want, I think. I hope they will.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

While I feel for you guys, there’s no “perfect” account. No one has such things regarding achievement points. You could be close to it, but in no way you have all achievement points available.

So you actually don’t have a perfect account and you won’t quit the game because you missed 5 achievement points that some of your competitors got. Just wait for them to do a mistake (eventually everyone does) and you’ll be back up in the game.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

While I feel for you guys, there’s no “perfect” account. No one has such things regarding achievement points. You could be close to it, but in no way you have all achievement points available.

So you actually don’t have a perfect account and you won’t quit the game because you missed 5 achievement points that some of your competitors got. Just wait for them to do a mistake (eventually everyone does) and you’ll be back up in the game.

I did have a perfect account in the ways I wanted, amongst other accomplishments, having done every single Living World achievement (That’s over 300 in total). So what you are saying is not true. Everyone have their own idea of what a perfect account is.

Furthermore, what grounds do you have to say what our motives behind it is? I don’t care much about achievement points, so you are wrong about me at least. If i did, i would grind dailies, but I really don’t care about them. I just want to do all the other achievements, and I was proud that I had done every single one.

in Fractured

Refeuh.8493

I completely agree with Treeline, and my motivations match what he describes.

I don’t care about achievements points (I’m getting close to 12k, but I’m not trying to max these points in any way), and I don’t care about PvP. But I do care about living story and temporary content, and about the WvW season. Therefore achievements that relate to these categories were important to me.

And so far, I had every single one of them. Including the challenging ones (Liadri 8 orbs, Crab Toss, etc.), including the tedious ones (WvW mercenary camps, etc.), including the boring ones (repeatble Lunatics, etc.).

And now what ? I missed ONE – the Jade Maw. But not because it was difficult (I’ve already done it hundreds of time before the Fractured update), or because I couldn’t find the time, or because I wasn’t good enough, etc. No, because I wasn’t “lucky” with RNG.

I’m sure you can understand how frustrating this can be.

If I had missed one because I wasn’t good enough to get it, that’d feel fair, because at least I would have tried. But randomly getting an achievement or not, that’s absurd.

It’s like dying in a “hardcore” hack-n-slash. You play in perma-death for the challenge. If you die and it’s your fault (failed to beat a boss, wasn’t good enough, etc.), that’s OK, that’s part of the game. If if it’s not your fault (massive lag, bug, etc.) that’s really frustrating and can put you off the game completely.

Temporary achievements in GW2 is the kind of thing that keeps me up on my computer until the middle of the night. Not having a “perfect” record, in my own sense based on my motivations, because of some random element I do not control will seriously impact my experience of the game.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

I’m one of the players who were unable to complete the Fractured achievements as well, because my father was visiting from another country in exactly the time that this Living Story chapter happened. I’m sad that I was unable to complete the missing parts of it and I’d be very thankful if you could make those achievements available again for some more time. It’s Christmas soon, so you could spread some happiness to many players by giving us a chance to still complete our achievements. Please? I have cookies for the programmers who make them available again!

in Fractured

Posted by: Habarovsk.8216

Habarovsk.8216

Signed.
I tough I had four weeks to complete it so I didn’t even bother with it before… And now it’s just gone…

in Fractured

Fror.2163

Okay, my mistake on the intention. But hey, I had the exact same case with getting Frostgorge Sound in the Scarlet invasions. I got over it. Don’t make it like this is the first time RNG is involved in an achievement.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

Okay, my mistake on the intention. But hey, I had the exact same case with getting Frostgorge Sound in the Scarlet invasions. I got over it. Don’t make it like this is the first time RNG is involved in an achievement.

While I’m not a fan of RNG at all, the Scarlet invasions were not bad. They were guaranteed to be there twice a day on every map. In other words, if you put in the effort to be around for 24 hours, you were guaranteed that you would have the achievements. That’s not the case with Fractured! And 2 weeks is just not enough in my opinion, if that’s the RNG they want to put us through.

in Fractured

Posted by: Marna Nindar.8120

Marna Nindar.8120

Sign me up for with those who couldn’t finish it! I could never get underwater… ; )

But really, I understand that it is frustrating and I don’t know why it didn’t stay there a little more, maybe permanently moved in the explorer section where all the frac related achievements are (IIRC). Every other achievement is either grind based or skill based, it is a pity for those who care about achievement and perfect record to have it spoiled by bad luck.

in Fractured

Fror.2163

While I’m not a fan of RNG at all, the Scarlet invasions were not bad. They were guaranteed to be there twice a day on every map. In other words, if you put in the effort to be around for 24 hours, you were guaranteed that you would have the achievements. That’s not the case with Fractured! And 2 weeks is just not enough in my opinion, if that’s the RNG they want to put us through.

Some history wants to disagree with your interpretation of “guaranteed”, but whatever. Plus, I have a life, despite me staying connected in the same 4 hours of the day.

I understand it’s bad luck, but if someone, like the other guy, played seven fractal runs and expected all of the shards to pop up in those seven run, then I disagree. Playing a run a day isn’t difficult (just like staying connected 24 hours straight to GW2 to get all invasions, right?) and would yield far greater chances to get it done.

On the other hand, if you played 15 runs or more, then well, yeah, it’s bad luck. It shouldn’t happen and mechanisms should be set up to avoid them.

But as I said, I didn’t get both “Invasion Canceler” and “Friend of Fire and Frost” for the exact same reason (not being able to get FGS), I got over it.

in Fractured

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

It said fractal fortnight, not fractal month. If you really wanted the AP you would have spammed level 1s to get it.

I did only level 30s and 40s and got it, so zero sympathy.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

It said fractal fortnight, not fractal month. If you really wanted the AP you would have spammed level 1s to get it.

“Boss Week”.

in Fractured

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

This LS was a joke, what a genius invented that this will last only 1 week? 1 WEEK!? wtf don’t you think that is a waste of your work because not everybody could enjoyed it because not everybody is playing this game every week, oh my god, what is the purpose of such a short time span because I can’t think of anything.
The second thing is that there’s no kitten info how long it will last, why didn’t they put timer like with monthly, daily?
The second thing is that why there’s no kitten timer like with monthly and daily? how could I know it will last only 1 week since every LS before lasted 1 month?

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Fractured

Refeuh.8493

The main issue is that nobody really knows how long these living story bits actually last…

Some last for 4 weeks or more, and overlap with new content, while some disappear in just a week. History proves that we cannot rely on the “title” of the living story branches (“week”, “fortnight”, etc.) to reflect the actual duration of the events.

So what, people need to rush all the achievements in the first week-end, just in case they go away earlier than expected ? … That doesn’t make sense, and this is really frustrating.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

The main issue is that nobody really knows how long these living story bits actually last…

Some last for 4 weeks or more, and overlap with new content, while some disappear in just a week. History proves that we cannot rely on the “title” of the living story branches (“week”, “fortnight”, etc.) to reflect the actual duration of the events.

So what, people need to rush all the achievements in the first week-end, just in case they go away earlier than expected ? … That doesn’t make sense, and this is really frustrating.

Amen

in Fractured

Refeuh.8493

Lucky you – I ran fractals on a regular basis (and was already doing so before the Fractured update), and never got the Jade Maw.

While the chance is small, it does exist. I know people in my guild who are addicted to Fractals ; they do 10s, 20s, and 30s dailies pretty much every day, on top of a 45+ to level (back) up to 50, and guess what ? Some never got the Etherblade or Fusion complex.

I don’t complain about precursor weapons, unusual armor pieces (Light of Dwayna, etc.), etc. these are “just” rare skins. I complain about achievements that are not designed to be achievable in a reasonable way. What’s the point of having them on the list if you don’t give players a fair chance ? The RNG is something players have absolutely no control over. What about “Everybody rolls a D100, whoever doesn’t roll 1 gets a prize” ? That’d have the same effect.

And coming from people who have done ALL the achievements for temporary events for the past ~18 months, that does mean something.

Had we known about the actual duration of the event, we’d have sorted that VERY easily : players and guild mates would have simply “swapped” spots to complete the entire list in just a few runs.

This feels like getting punished for trying to play the game normally.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Don’t worry, they’re “gathering” your feedback!

in Fractured

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

If they were going to bring them back they would have done it by now. This marks the end of my very long GW1/2 career. BB ANet! HF & GL!

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Don’t worry, they’re “gathering” your feedback!

They normally do that and a month or two later it just blows over and everyone forgets. It’s been like that since launch. Once they move this subforum to the archive, people will forget all about it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Why did they remove it anyway and without a warning,was just doing frac each day and not farming the achievement with no worry’s they would remove this any time soon (no like this have any think to do with living world story) ………

in Fractured

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

This LS was a joke, what a genius invented that this will last only 1 week? 1 WEEK!? wtf don’t you think that is a waste of your work because not everybody could enjoyed it because not everybody is playing this game every week, oh my god, what is the purpose of such a short time span because I can’t think of anything.
The second thing is that there’s no kitten info how long it will last, why didn’t they put timer like with monthly, daily?
The second thing is that why there’s no kitten timer like with monthly and daily? how could I know it will last only 1 week since every LS before lasted 1 month?

It lasted 2 weeks. That’s what “fortnight” means.

in Fractured

Posted by: MadMan.8972

MadMan.8972

Lots of people missed this meta ach because of lack of time. Please return it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There was more than enough time to complete the Fractured living story. You only needed 11 achievements to complete it and the daily fractal runner counted. This means you could have spent at most 10 minutes for 10 out of the 14 nights doing swamp only (swamp itself was also an achievement) and gotten the living story completed.

Now if you are a completionist, it should have been expected that you would have to dedicate some time to do this. Many people were forming groups that were specifically dedicated to trying to get certain fractals. Not every living story needs to be able to be rushed through and completed in a matter of hours.

in Fractured

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Yes please! I came back from a 6 month hiatus on the 9th, saw the achievements and decided to make a goal of getting them this weekend.

Nope.