Redundant Ascended Gear

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

So i have two of multiple ascended necks and rings and trinkets because i needed agony resistance for fractals and WvW infusions for WvW. Am i just going to end up having a set of ascended items i will need to delete because they will be bound to a character who no longer needs them?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

If you really got 2 sets of ascended trinkets etc just for wvw infusions, you have enough crap to not care about that.
Those infusions are just as unnecessary as ascended weapons vs exotics.

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

what bagel said….I too have recently learnt that ascended items vs exotics in wvw have hidden systems in place to balance the margin between ascended and exotic far more closer than it actually appears " apparently " lets assume that ISN’T true….we talking about? +4 of a stat? +5 of a stat? aka power instead of agony resistance? Seems futile to bother in my personal opinion, besides don’t forget….the only way to true progress fractals will be to have AR in ALL slots so we talking kitten-60-70 AR etc etc.

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Asudementio.8526

I have complete sets of ascended gear for WvW and PvE. My primary concern with the WvW infusions was the guard components

so i guess i’m just left to delete my pve ascended gear. GG anet

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I too have recently learnt that ascended items vs exotics in wvw have hidden systems in place to balance the margin between ascended and exotic far more closer than it actually appears

…any source on that, or is it another conspiracy theory?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I have complete sets of ascended gear for WvW and PvE. My primary concern with the WvW infusions was the guard components

Why? Do you not plan on ever going back to Fractals?

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Asudementio.8526

The change to ascended gear means that my infused pieces now have an AR slot and a stat slot meaning my now redundant set of non infused gear is more or less useless and takes up space.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

The change to ascended gear means that my infused pieces now have an AR slot and a stat slot meaning my now redundant set of non infused gear is more or less useless and takes up space.

I don’t understand this logic AT ALL.
non-ascended trinkets – nothing happens
ascended trinkets – innate 5 AR of the item will be removed and replaced with an AR infusion slot that initially holds a 5 AR infusion but can potentially hold stronger AR infusions.
Could you explain how the change renders your set useless?

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

what bagel said….I too have recently learnt that ascended items vs exotics in wvw have hidden systems in place to balance the margin between ascended and exotic far more closer than it actually appears " apparently " lets assume that ISN’T true….we talking about? +4 of a stat? +5 of a stat? aka power instead of agony resistance? Seems futile to bother in my personal opinion, besides don’t forget….the only way to true progress fractals will be to have AR in ALL slots so we talking kitten-60-70 AR etc etc.

Is there any proof of anything you just said? Ascended weapons have ~5% better stats than the exotic ones and the total dps increase is only 1-2% which is highly insignificant. And in zerg fights u can assume the enemy zerg to have as many ascended weapons as you do so whats all the complaining about ascended weapons about?

About fractals and AR – kitten rvers as training wheels anyway, excluding the boss fractals’ passive agony you can survive fractals with 0 AR just fine.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I keep hearing people say a +5% stat advantage plus an extra slot is nothing. Really? 5% a hit and more defense. That isn’t significant?

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

I agree with your view on ascended gear. I hated it. I even left the game in disgust with their general direction. However, I love fractals. In the works of Michael Coreleone:

" Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in."

Redundant Ascended Gear

in Fractured

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What about the people that paid 250 ectoplasm for the +5 power +5AR infusion?

If I understand correctly, you will have to overwrite that infusion for more AR if you want to advance, and, doing so, you will lose your stats.

Anyways, this is confusing, just wait for the patch notes to make some sense of it.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.