Rune of Resistance

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

The Rune of Resistance grants bonus toughness, a reduction in condition duration, and aegis upon using a signet.

Does this mean engineer is getting signets now?

-Disgruntled Engineer

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Shall we give Kits to all other professions so they can properly utilize Rune of the Engineer?

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There are quite a few rune sets that interact with specific skill types. Rune of the Ranger (works quite well with some Necro builds). Rune of the Soldier is another, keyed to shouts.

If anything, I’d like to see more use of synergistic set bonuses that encourage specialized builds. I’d love to see a Thief/Ranger compatible option that relates to traps skills…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Incidentally, does anyone know if having an engineer’s turrets out triggers the Rune of the Ranger set bonus?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Incidentally, does anyone know if having an engineer’s turrets out triggers the Rune of the Ranger set bonus?

Don’t believe so. Same with Necro minions.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Shall we give Kits to all other professions so they can properly utilize Rune of the Engineer?

Frankly speaking, do you think is fun for engineers being excluded again and again from the rewards?
We still have to bear with the kit backpacks, and yet we continue getting backpacks from the living story that we can’t even properly use. Cause they’re covered everytime we use a kit.
And now we find ourselves as the only class that can’t properly use a rune set. Without any special reason – the rune could have worked with any signet or gadget, for example, and engineers would have been able to use them as any other class can do.
It makes me wonder if the engineer class was even taken into consideration when this rune was designed.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

The funny thing is Ranger runes are bugged and give a flat 5% damage increase to all classes regardless if you have a pet or not.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

BUURRRRNNN

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Frankly speaking, do you think is fun for engineers being excluded again and again from the rewards?
We still have to bear with the kit backpacks, and yet we continue getting backpacks from the living story that we can’t even properly use. Cause they’re covered everytime we use a kit.
And now we find ourselves as the only class that can’t properly use a rune set. Without any special reason – the rune could have worked with any signet or gadget, for example, and engineers would have been able to use them as any other class can do.
It makes me wonder if the engineer class was even taken into consideration when this rune was designed.

I want Rune of the Soldier to work with shatters so I can use it on my Mesmer.
I want Rune of the Ranger to work with spirit weapons for my Guardian.
etc

Not every rune should cater to every class.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

BUURRRRNNN

I dont really care about this new rune but I wil point this out

(6): +5% damage while holding a bundle.

Warriors banners and Elementalists conjure elemental weapons count as bundles, as well as and weapons you can pick up (e.g. planks). Even thieves have a trait that increases bundle damage “Improvisation – Stealing recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions). Deal bonus damage when wielding a bundle” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Environmental_weapon (bundles in other words)

I beleive the point that people are trying to make is that this is the frist rune that can be fully utilized by all classes, but one. Other runes like the Rune of the Soldier can be used by selection of classes, and leave the others out, but no other rune I can think of leaves only one class out like this new one does.

TC [CERN]

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Xae Isareth.1364

BUURRRRNNN

Warriors banners and Elementalists conjure elemental weapons count as bundles, as well as and weapons you can pick up (e.g. planks). Even thieves have a trait that increases bundle damage “Improvisation – Stealing recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions). Deal bonus damage when wielding a bundle” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Environmental_weapon (bundles in other words)

I beleive the point that people are trying to make is that this is the frist rune that can be fully utilized by all classes, but one. Other runes like the Rune of the Soldier can be used by selection of classes, and leave the others out, but no other rune I can think of leaves only one class out like this new one does.

I’ll give you conjured weapons. But, have you ever seen anyone fight with a banner, or any environmental weapons?

And frankly speaking, the rune doesn’t just leave engis out, for example, on a Mesmer, if you’re gonna run a sigil build, prepare to be utterly useless.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

BUURRRRNNN

I’ll give you conjured weapons. But, have you ever seen anyone fight with a banner, or any environmental weapons?

And frankly speaking, the rune doesn’t just leave engis out, for example, on a Mesmer, if you’re gonna run a sigil build, prepare to be utterly useless.

Like I said I really dont care about the rune, I was just trying to explain that this is the only rune that can be used by all but one class.

TC [CERN]

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

To be fair, it is not a mater of “Not every rune should cater to every class”, it is a matter of one and only one profession being solely excluded. More over, being excluded from one of only three rune sets that reduce condition damage. I have builds I like and that work well, thus, I will never really care much about this particular issue, but I completely understand why it agitates many others.

There are simply entirely too many cases in which the engineer is punished for its originality. This is one, the fact that weapons damage does not effect kits, thus minimizing the value of ascended weapon a vast amount, is another.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

Best thing anet guy has ever said. On the side note, why can’t they work with elixirs? Theyre the eengineer’s “signets” after all

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

Also, I am pretty sure Ranger runes are still bugged (from day 1) and give you the %damage bonus on the 6th rune whether or not you have a “companion”

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Depends, do you want to give all classes companions to properly utilize runes of the ranger? Or what about giving all classes shouts to properly utilize runes of the soldier. Or what about giving all classes weapon switching to properly utilize runes of the warrior. Or giving all classes fear to properly utilize runes of the necromancer? Or giving all classes torment to properly utilize rune of tormenting.

I’m not much on raging on the developers, but please dont use our kits as an execuse to create runes that we can’t take full advantage of. We dont have shouts, signets, or weapon switching. Unlike every other class in the game (aside from Ele). Just make gadgets signets already; they may actually be useful and on par with the rest of the classes.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Aegis on demand for my warrior sounds ab so freaking lutely delicous

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Aegis on demand for my warrior sounds ab so freaking lutely delicous

My thoughts exactly
the only problem now is, thief also uses signets, they gonna be annoying to deal with again.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

Anyone that picks up a stick ripped off an oakheart can.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’m going to love this new rune on my tank PVT shout heal warrior

Are you Shpongled?

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Don’t forget rangers pigs

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

There are quite a few rune sets that interact with specific skill types. Rune of the Ranger (works quite well with some Necro builds). Rune of the Soldier is another, keyed to shouts.

If anything, I’d like to see more use of synergistic set bonuses that encourage specialized builds. I’d love to see a Thief/Ranger compatible option that relates to traps skills…

Yes because thieves use traps…

You know thieves traps need really a big rework to be usefull, atm they are totally useless.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

BUURRRRNNN

Yes i have…. they’re these really weird professions out there called rangers, you know who are balanced around kittenty scaling with power… but my god, you give those kittens a wood plank or other such environmental weapons (which have scales with normal power scaling, not “pet handicap” power scaling) and you will be hitting as hard as everyone else and have your pet ontop of it…. it’s nice… sad, but nice

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Best thing anet guy has ever said. On the side note, why can’t they work with elixirs? Theyre the eengineer’s “signets” after all

Elixers would only be our (engineers) signets if they included a passive bonus as well. They don’t. There really isn’t anything close to a signet for the engineer.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Sure, as long as you also remove weapon swap for them, too. And pare down their weapon options to 3 items. Seems fair.

This is a seriously galling post to read. I came to point out that thieves have a trait that buffs bundle damage (which is frankly ridiculous, but not the point), but I see someone else already has. Instead, I’ll leave you with this food for thought:

Each class has a rather class-specific rune set, right? So why single out the engineers here like their rune is somehow special, and therefore a total counter-balance to the fact that rune of resistance is excluding just engineers from the top tier bonus? Am I mistaken, here?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

No but you should give one to the thief to properly use “Improvisation”.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

the runes should have a summon like the mad king runes. i would love to be able to throw an agony axe like mossman or summon a jade golem for 30 secounds

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

5% more stick damage? Sign me up!

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Dharknite.7906

Dharknite.7906

Probably not the best counter argument to make since Mages, Warriors and Thieves (via steal) have ready access to bundles. Heck, any player who picks up so much as rock in-game can properly utilize Rune of the Engineer. Not that 5% damage increase is all the helpful for anyone, including engineers.

Engineers can’t pick up signets and properly utilize Rune of Resistance.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Dharknite.7906

BUURRRRNNN

I think you are focusing on the wrong O word. You are talking the about the fact that its not optimal for players to use a banner or environmental weapons in fight. Its not optimal for mesmers to run a build based on signets, but in both cases those options that players are free to follow. Utilizing the 6pc bonus on Rune of Resistance (on demand Aegis) is not even option for engineers.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Pifil.5193

Each class has a rather class-specific rune set, right? So why single out the engineers here like their rune is somehow special, and therefore a total counter-balance to the fact that rune of resistance is excluding just engineers from the top tier bonus? Am I mistaken, here?

Why single out engineer? Because it was a response to an engineer who was complaining about not being able to use Rune of Resistence, he was pointing out that not every profession will be able to use all Runes equally well.

Not everyone has Sigils sure (and yes, only engineers don’t), but similarly not everyone can simply produce a bundle out of thin air/their bulky hobo sack for Rune of the Engineer the same way that not everyone can stealth or shout or have an animal companion for other runes.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Pifil.5193

I think you are focusing on the wrong O word. You are talking the about the fact that its not optimal for players to use a banner or environmental weapons in fight. Its not optimal for mesmers to run a build based on signets, but in both cases those options that players are free to follow. Utilizing the 6pc bonus on Rune of Resistance (on demand Aegis) is not even option for engineers.

And using the 6 piece bonus of Rune of the Warrior (-1 second on weapon swap) or Rune of the Soldier (shouts remove conditions) aren’t options either. However, other professions cannot use certain Runes either so it’s not an actual problem it’s just the way the game is designed: not every profession will be able to use every Rune (or Sigil for that matter).

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And using the 6 piece bonus of Rune of the Warrior (-1 second on weapon swap) or Rune of the Soldier (shouts remove conditions) aren’t options either. However, other professions cannot use certain Runes either so it’s not an actual problem it’s just the way the game is designed: not every profession will be able to use every Rune (or Sigil for that matter).

I’ll repeat myself, but how many runes are there that exclude a single class out?
Sure, there are some who cater especially to some classes – like the runes named after the classes, for example – but these aren’t one of those. They aren’t called Rune of No Engineer Here, after all, and neither they have a similar name.
These runes should be a reward of the new fractals – and engineers are getting left out. Without reason – cause those runes could have worked with either gadgets or elixirs, thus giving an option for every class.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Hey now…

I’ve got Golems in a box, Jars of Bees, Jars of Harpy Pheremones, Moletov Coctails, Charrzookas, and quite love grabbing a warrior’s banner and running off with it to smack something with it. Those things are SUPER fun to play with….and really how else am I going to attack things when I’m roaming around as a toxic krait. You’ve not experienced anything til you’ve taken down a foe with a golem in a box while transformed into something else entirely. And really…..a princess doll with a charrzooka….priceless.

shifty eyes

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Dharknite.7906

True, but Engineers are not Warriors, nor or they a Soldier class profession. Those runes are specifically labeled Warrior and Soldier, I would think it is fairly obvious who those runes are intended for.

As for the non profession/class named runes, I have no problem with them not being optimal for ever class. I do have problem a no profession/class named rune set with a fairly strong on demand proc excludes a profession.

Imagine if there was a new rune set called Rune of of the Fast Hands, which had a proc that gave quickness whenever a gadget was used. Would you think the other professions unjustified in taking issue with the exclusion?

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Pifil.5193

I’ll repeat myself, but how many runes are there that exclude a single class out?
Sure, there are some who cater especially to some classes – like the runes named after the classes, for example – but these aren’t one of those. They aren’t called Rune of No Engineer Here, after all, and neither they have a similar name.
These runes should be a reward of the new fractals – and engineers are getting left out. Without reason – cause those runes could have worked with either gadgets or elixirs, thus giving an option for every class.

Ok, I take your point, it’s not so much that there’s a rune set that engineers (or any profession) can’t use that there’s a rune set that only engineers can’t use and it’s being offered as a reward of high level/end game content. Yes, that does suck and they should do something to fix that before it’s released.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think it’s a decent point. It would be fine if it wasn’t a reward from the Fractal. As it stands, if you only play Engie, and you get this as a reward, it’s useless. Not a big deal in my opinion, but if it’s soul bound (it will be, just like dungeon specific runes) that means you can’t throw it in the Forge either. Going through a Fractal on an Engie, getting this as your Exotic drop will be a letdown plain and simple. Rewards shouldn’t be a letdown.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

No but you should give one to the thief to properly use “Improvisation”.

See this is something I don’t get about thieves:

On the wiki the “Environmental Weapon” page says:
Thieves have the steal attack, which provides them with a skill to use depending on the target.

Meanwhile the “Improvisation” trait says:
Note: Steal is not a bundle; the damage bonus from this trait affects found items that replace the weapon skill bar such as Conjures and Banners.

… Which one is true then?

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

aren’t conjured weapons also considered a bundle item? meaning it is not exclusive to all but one profession, while runes of resistance are inclusive to all professions except one…?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

There were so many different ways to reply to this with biting sarcasm, that I just gave up and decided to leave this link here, and all I will say is mind the gap.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/A_Second_Profession

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Aren’t warrior banners, guardian tomes, elementalist conjured weapons and items found by pig-type pets considered bundles too?

Because they should!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Xae Isareth.1364

BUURRRRNNN

If its not optimal or anywhere near optimal, why would you use it? Thus it may as well not be an option.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Ah. I see. This must be part of that new initiative for the players and devs to be thoughtful, polite, and engaging with one another.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

As a player, one of whose favorite builds is a Signet-based elementalist, this is the most exciting part of the upcoming patch for me. I’ll be getting Aegis so often I’ll make GUARDIANS jealous.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Saw this rune and instantly asked my self, what can my Ranger do with this rune? LUL! theorycrafting. challenge accepted.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Durzlla.6295

Hey now…

I’ve got Golems in a box, Jars of Bees, Jars of Harpy Pheremones, Moletov Coctails, Charrzookas, and quite love grabbing a warrior’s banner and running off with it to smack something with it. Those things are SUPER fun to play with….and really how else am I going to attack things when I’m roaming around as a toxic krait. You’ve not experienced anything til you’ve taken down a foe with a golem in a box while transformed into something else entirely. And really…..a princess doll with a charrzooka….priceless.

shifty eyes

My god, you can use bundles while transformed? CHANGE OF PLAN BOYS!! Getting sonic berserker tonic sooner than expected, you don’t know fear until a sonic berserker charges you with a fiery greatsword xD

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Durzlla.6295

aren’t conjured weapons also considered a bundle item? meaning it is not exclusive to all but one profession, while runes of resistance are inclusive to all professions except one…?

Runes of the ranger work on every prof but warrior (only prof who doesn’t have a “pet” option), you were saying?

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Runes of the ranger work on every prof but warrior (only prof who doesn’t have a “pet” option), you were saying?

Runes of the ranger works for warrior too. They’re bugged right now and just give a flat 5% damage increase regardless if you have a companion or not.

I’m surprised more people aren’t using that rune set as it gives the highest dps increase of all the rune sets (scholar gives more dps but requires you to be above 90% health).

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

true if it were working properly that would be the case…but its not and you get the 6th bonus no matter what…so currently no profession is excluded by it rendering your point void, if you come back and tell me when the rune is no longer bugged and doesn’t give everyone that 5% damage bonus I’ll agree with you.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Rune of Resistance

in Fractured

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Im just wondering if anyone can answer me, what is the internal cooldown of aegis on these runes? Im guessing the aegis will be on the 6th piece of the rune?

Thanks

Success is my only option, failure is not.