[SUGGESTION]: Return Fractured!

in Fractured

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

To many players, the Fractured! achievements were removed unexpectedly, causing alot of us to miss out on one or two achievements, or even the whole meta! Hereby a suggestion thread: Bring them back for another 2 weeks. Here is why:

1. Most of these achievements were pretty much RNG based, alot of players didnt get the last boss fractal they needed, and therefore, missed out on one (Me included, did a total of 20 runs, 13 times Mai Trin, 7 Times Molten Duo, 0 times Jade Maw)

2. The timing of the patch. The patch was released during midterms/exams for alot of players, meaning they didnt have quite enough time to get on and play GW2, thus, they weren’t able to get the achievements/meta.

3. Fractals should have been a new start, or a break period between living story patches, alot of us had expected it to be like Halloween, or SAB, which both got 4 weeks.

4. More content to complete in the comming 6 weeks: so, right now we have “The Nightmare’s Over” and “A very merry Wintersday”, even though this might be alot of content for some, for those of us who played Wintersday last year, there isnt really too much to do ((If you take out the fact that the minigames are incredibly fun!)) the fractals will give people additional content, for the comming 6 weeks. (Untill January 21st patch))

5. Not enough clearance as to when they would be removed. We were not told untill when we had the time to complete the achievements, therefore, most people didnt know they’d be removed this quick!

This is not critique on anyone, me, being a player who has always cared alot about getting all the achievements done in time, and being a completionist, it is a real annoyance that the first LS achievement I have missed is one that I have done a trillion of times.

Please take your time, and PLEASE return the achievements for another 2 weeks!

in Fractured

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Been sick for a couple days and didn’t even notice this…

Not that i was missing that many fractals but not rolling blizzard, dredge and the molten boss ever in 2 weeks (doing once a day) leaves a bad aftertaste since so far i only missed 8 orb liadri and the buggy map defender…

Hope they’ll revert this decision and extend them until the end of the year, none expects new story until then and some people that work only have 2 weeks vacation at the end of the month.

in Fractured

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah I thought it was going to be on for at least another week, then pow without warning gone!

in Fractured

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

It was called “Fractured – Fractal Fortnight” and lasted 2 weeks. What’s the surprise here?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

(edited by Atrophied.8725)

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It was called “Fractured – Fractal Fortnight” and lasted 2 weeks. What’s the surprise here?

The Average American has never seen or used that word, actually.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

The Average American has never seen or used that word, actually.

And the average story update length is 2 weeks, so how is is disappearing after 2 weeks, regardless of if you were abused with a new word, a surprise?

in Fractured

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

And the average story update length is 2 weeks, so how is is disappearing after 2 weeks, regardless of if you were abused with a new word, a surprise?

Actually, I’d say the average update is closer to 3 weeks, as some are 2 weeks, and some are 4 weeks. (and some are 6 weeks)

in Fractured

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I totally looked over the “fortnight” part of it. I completely agree with the OP. While it’s true that we get new LS content every 2 weeks, most of it stays for 4 weeks. The stuff that only stays for 2 weeks is usually a secondary update, based around existing living story (ie. Queen’s Jubilee > Clockwork Chaos).

Seriously though, fractal content is long and RNG based. You need to give us time to accomplish these achievements. As the OP said, he played fractals 20 times and still didn’t get all the fractals. That’s not a very far-fetched scenario.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Fractured

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

As the OP said, he played fractals 20 times and still didn’t get all the fractals. That’s not a very far-fetched scenario.

There are three boss fractals. Assuming an equal chance of getting each one, the probability of not getting one of them in 20 runs is about 0.03%, so I’d say it is a pretty far-fetched scenario.

Which is not to say that it’s impossible, but it’s hardly something that a lot of people are gonna have a problem with.

I don’t really see a reason to bring the achievements back. The meta reward was pitiful at best, and the achievements themselves weren’t worth so much that one should feel bad about skipping one or two, other than from a purely completionist standpoint.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Somehow I did fractals every day for two weeks and didn’t get dredge once.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Fractured

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

I’m puzzled why this board is still here while the achievements have already been moved to the Historic section ingame. Is Anet planning something perhaps?

I never quite understood why they made this thing temporary though. There would be no harm in leaving the achievements around as a permanent thing, especially as it may promote more people to try out Fractals.

in Fractured

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

I’m puzzled why this board is still here while the achievements have already been moved to the Historic section ingame. Is Anet planning something perhaps?

I never quite understood why they made this thing temporary though. There would be no harm in leaving the achievements around as a permanent thing, especially as it may promote more people to try out Fractals.

Maybe because they were essntially just a duplicate of existing fractal achievements.

in Fractured

Posted by: MadMan.8972

MadMan.8972

I’ve done all living world meta ach since started playing guild wars 2. So i think this one was removed too fast. Please return it for one week.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I completely agree, although I was able to get all the achievements in this one, my gf needed the volcanic fractal and we must have done a dozen runs on her account with no luck what so ever….

My other recommendation is to also allow us to pick any fotm as a starting level, the next 2 fotm can be random or based on the difficulty of the first.

in Fractured

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I just noticed this. I missed the volcanic fractal as well. :/

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.