Something to do with our ascended rings pls

in Fractured

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Since this is a fractal update, and rings stacking up are becoming an issue more and more desperately needing a solution…

How about making this update the one that gives us a GOOD use for extra ascended/infused rings.

Just to reiterate, a GOOD use is one that makes us feel satisfied that we did what was required to acquire them, and results in them being valued as an ascended item should be.

in Fractured

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a good use of the rings?

I wonder if there will be a way to pull the new Agony Resist items out of rings. If so, then doing that with the infused rings might give you a jump start on building to a higher agony resist on your current equipment. I really don’t think that’s enough of an answer by itself, though.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Fractured

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Salvage into Ascended crafted items.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like my handful of MF rings in my bank that I can change to whatever I want to.

It’d be nice to be able to salvage them or mystic toilet them. Or even sell them for relics..

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Mystic forge ’em with a chance of an ascended weapon (same chance you get of getting an exotic weapon with exotic rings, not 0.05%).

in Fractured

Posted by: SSNeoman.4370

SSNeoman.4370

I’d prefer if the rings were not account bound. I would gladly give them away to my fellow guild members who need them ay more than I do.

Failing that, at least let us toss them into the Mystic Forge.

in Fractured

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Salvage into Ascended crafted items.

This works out since they’re used to craft items with AR resistance.

I’d also like to be able to get Shards of Crystallized Mist Essence, Globs of Coagulated Mist Essence, and Vials of Condensed Mist Essence. Upgrading rings takes a lot of grinding for the shards and even getting the lower tier items out of salvage to make a shard would be helpful.

I wonder if there will be a way to pull the new Agony Resist items out of rings.

Agony resist is super cheap to acquire anyway. @ 75 Fractal Relics a pop I’ve been able to give AR to 6 trinket slots on 3 characters and 2 ascended weapons as well as buying 9 twenty slot boxes with the same relics. Just by running fractals you should be able to get enough to make AR gain a non issue and I don’t think we need to salvage this out of rings.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

I would really like to get official statement of this. Are they gonna make ascended gear salvageable?

in Fractured

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

You should be able to mystic forge them to reroll the ring or salvage them into vials. At least with vials you can forge them into the higher tier shards and crystals. At the moment they serve as single slot inventory warmers.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I vote for being able to salvage them for T6 mats, with a rare chance for Dark Matter and Mist Essence.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

we should be able to salvage them and get a chance at a pristine relic, or normal relics or ascended mats or an fotm skin

Are you Shpongled?

in Fractured

Uvatha.5476

we should be able to salvage them and get a chance at a pristine relic, or normal relics or ascended mats or an fotm skin

A skin seems a bit much just out of salvaging a trinket.

in Fractured

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

If i can salvage my rings for ectos ill fractals every day

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

A good use to rings would be to be able to sell/give them.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Let’s see… I could see working things like:

• Mystic forge recipes:
    • Any 2 rings + level 80 exotic ring + offensive infusion = offensive slot ascended ring with stat combination of exotic ring.
    • Any 2 rings + level 80 exotic ring + defensive infusion = defensive slot ascended ring with stat combination of exotic ring.
    • 3 rings + ascended accessory = 1 random ascended accessory.
    • 3 rings + level 80 exotic back item = 1 random ascended spineguard with no visuals.
    • 4 rings = 1 random ring.
  • Salvaging them with rare kits or better, for a chance to get account bound stuff:
    • Condensed mists essence or +1 agony infusions.
    • Rarely, Coagulated mist essence, t6 materials, or dark matter.
    • Even more rarely, crystallized mists essence, other ascended materials.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I think it would be great if they gave a guaranteed dark matter. Gives people a solid way to work for those and not worry about RNG.

in Fractured

Uvatha.5476

I think it would be great if they gave a guaranteed dark matter. Gives people a solid way to work for those and not worry about RNG.

That actually feels like a good trade off for the time and effort considering the dark matter drop rate I’m experiencing. I vote yes!