Sylvari Tier 3 Light Chest RUINED

in Fractured

Posted by: EveryonesGrudge.1627

EveryonesGrudge.1627

There is almost NO saturation for the second and third color channels in this changed. It completely ruined the look of the armor. I logged in after the patch, saw how horrible it looked, tried to fix it and couldn’t, and logged right back out.

I paid a lot of gold for a piece of armor that now looks like crap. This character was my main, looked GREAT, and I have no desire to play her now. I don’t see how you can justify making such massive changes to the most expensive armor in the game. I know there’s no way to get my gold back, but this is incredibly disappointing.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I thought the oatch said they reverted everything? Or did I misread that? Also can we get screenshots, they might help!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I think it is generally reverted. The chest has always been kind of dark. But it does seem a bit darker then it was previously.

I haven’t been able to tell really if its darker then it was originally or I was just used to the washed out bright colors from when they changed it in Oct. By screenshots it does look darker then pre-Oct change. But the set has always dyed pretty dark.

in Fractured

EveryonesGrudge.1627

They DID revert it, and that’s why it’s ruined. I purchased the Tier 3 Light chest AFTER the update because it actually looked decent at that point, although from what I’ve been reading it wasn’t a straight reversion but made the colors significantly darker as you pointed out Katreyn. I’ll try to find an old screenshot if I can and post a comparison.

(edited by EveryonesGrudge.1627)

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ahh this is why I don’t envy anet’s devs sometimes. People love the original, they change it, then others love the new version, they change it back… Bah it’s just a cluster kitty if you ask me.
But I’m really sorry it sucks for you I’d be sad if they ruined my t3 too, but I’d be really happy if they gave us a 4th dye slot in the goggles…. Lola

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

EveryonesGrudge.1627

I definitely don’t envy the devs either. I just wish I’d have known that the change wasn’t permanent prior to my purchase, or I’d have reconsidered making it until they committed to a final version.

in Fractured

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Welcome to the “Arena net destroyed our cultural armor” club. I wonder who will be next. Charr, norn or maybe asura?

Glorious Human Master Race

in Fractured

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Ahh this is why I don’t envy anet’s devs sometimes. People love the original, they change it, then others love the new version, they change it back… Bah it’s just a cluster kitty if you ask me.
But I’m really sorry it sucks for you I’d be sad if they ruined my t3 too, but I’d be really happy if they gave us a 4th dye slot in the goggles…. Lola

Yeah this is a touchy area sadly. They should of just done two different armor sets from the beginning or never touched it. Trying to get the best of both worlds is almost impossible.

Personally I loved the original pre-Oct change with no glow. Though I didn’t mind the glow I hated the loss in texture/color mix. Now with the “reverted” its livable. But the people that loved the glow hate that the glow is not as pronounced as before. As well as the dye channels changed back to the mixed colors.

Definitely a touchy subject. >.<

Just a comparison of mine (personally glad to see the red back, but I know others hate it). It does seem a bit more saturated. But its always had that weird glossy blue-metallic sheen to it in the dark areas.

Problem is its such a touchy subject cause every dye affects these armors so differently. I think EveryoneGrudge’s Sylvari does look better with the glowing armor (and most bright colors do look better before). I know it just sucks to see stuff change on your favorite character. Was really hoping the middle ground would be a bit more..middle ground, though. Why is there still no seperate dye channel for glowing? :/ Is it really that hard with the current system?

Attachments:

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

in Fractured

EveryonesGrudge.1627

Here is a bad screenshot of old armor:

http://puu.sh/5qt2h.jpg

Here is new – it looks like totally different armor:

http://imgur.com/eis4ECJ

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

oh it seems like the medium armor is still glowing but more subtile

so it is like old armor + bit of glowing at least for medium)
i love it actually
(new after today’s patch/old before glow)

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Fractured

EveryonesGrudge.1627

It’s the COLORS not the glow. The colors stay the same day/night in the “old” version. There is no shading or color saturation at all – it’s straight up purple with no variation or shading at all. It looks really bad, IMO. And it definitely doesn’t look as bad on Tier 2, but that Tier 3 chest is just junk now.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Welcome to the “Arena net destroyed our cultural armor” club. I wonder who will be next. Charr, norn or maybe asura?

Human. Since they made it so any kitten can wear “cultural” armour now. May as well just remove the concept of cultural armour.

in Fractured

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

Most of Charr’s cultural is not very good on on Charr already so if they destroyed that then no one would care.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet brought it upon themselves: they shouldn’t have changed it in the first place.

People spend lots of gold/effort to obtain the looks they want. It’s pretty clear that if you make a change, you will upset some/many people — particularly since this game is supposed to be all about looks.

If Anet wanted to change armor looks, they should have come up with a different armor set (or maybe just alternate version of the changed set).

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Anet brought it upon themselves: they shouldn’t have changed it in the first place.

People spend lots of gold/effort to obtain the looks they want. It’s pretty clear that if you make a change, you will upset some/many people — particularly since this game is supposed to be all about looks.

If Anet wanted to change armor looks, they should have come up with a different armor set (or maybe just alternate version of the changed set).

I agree. I just know that before they changed it a lot of people complained about not having glow… So they added it… And then everything blew up in their faces. That kind of stinks.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

The dyes are actually not reverted for tier 3 medium. I tried using the same dyes to get my old look back before the october patch and the colors came out different. the pink i used is now a lot duller and country blue no longer had the the nice saturation effect it had before. They did bring back the texture which was good but im trying to figure out a way to make the dyes work again.

in Fractured

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

At least it is still exclusive to Sylvari

in Fractured

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Dips on Ajax.

uhh…

i mean, Dips on Charr heavy armor with generic out of place fire effects, on an Asura.

I called it.