Tonight's live stream?

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Tonight at 20:00 UTC, there’s a live stream of the devs about the new patch.

What do you expect about it?

Personally it will be the first one I’ll ever watch. I expect a statement about how wrong they were and the fact that they don’t want to put a precedent in place. But these are only hopes…

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

They said that they are introducing a leader board and reworking fractals levels 30+. Even without the leaderboard I still think they’d reset progress (like they did for discoveries in crafting). For ascended crafting it was to allow people to gain exp, here its so no one can already have “beaten” all of their new content, with the Mistlock Instability with a boss level at ever floor.

It makes the people who are already at 48 plus to have to work back up to the top. For crafting it would have been unfair to people that already discovered everything to have to get exp from just crafting (though I saw at least one person angry because he just wanted to discover everything) here it would be unfair to not reset people. If it becomes harder now anyone who was already at 50 would be getting a “free pass” (not saying a lvl 50 fractal is easy, but I think you understand my point) and not have to work up through 30. At least that’s why it made sense to me why everything was getting reset.

(edited by Moderator)

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

I hope they answer the question why they even think about resetting the Levels. Besides leaderbaords are no excuse because for fair competition they should start at 0.
And if they consider rez orb or doing even or odd Levels only to advance an exploit?

Well while I never got past 30 in fractals, and I never even knew you could exploit past 50. But the reason for the reset seemed pretty obvious to me.

They said that they are introducing a leader board and reworking fractals levels 30+. Even without the leaderboard I still think they’d reset progress (like they did for discoveries in crafting). For ascended crafting it was to allow people to gain exp, here its so no one can already have “beaten” all of their new content, with the Mistlock Instability with a boss level at ever floor.

It makes the people who are already at 48 plus to have to work back up to the top. For crafting it would have been unfair to people that already discovered everything to have to get exp from just crafting (though I saw at least one person angry because he just wanted to discover everything) here it would be unfair to not reset people. If it becomes harder now anyone who was already at 50 would be getting a “free pass” (not saying a lvl 50 fractal is easy, but I think you understand my point) and not have to work up through 30. At least that’s why it made sense to me why everything was getting reset.

soo as a fractals Player I Need to hope that they reset pvp/ wvw ranks as well with next season it’s unfair if they implement legendaries out of pvp chests ( wich they will do (datamined chatcodes already ingame) because some ppl don’t have a that high rank and everybody should start of same feet. If they get the Server Population Thing done with wvw they should reset so not ppl on zergservers have higher wxp ranks than others… you think this is fair.. you only don’t care because it’s an aspect of the game you haven’t played…

it’s sad how ignorant ppl are on those Forums just ignore Facts and stuff …

sad sad ignorant community ….

Actually they will reset your WvW abilities again just like they did this Season. You’ll still have points you’ve earned and can then reassign them where you want them for the next season. I know this is different from your reward level but the difference is the WvW point are “spent” the award from fractals are not. Your not loosing anything your getting scaled down to what 80 would be in the new and coming current scale.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I hope they answer the question why they even think about resetting the Levels. Besides leaderbaords are no excuse because for fair competition they should start at 0.
And if they consider rez orb or doing even or odd Levels only to advance an exploit?

Well while I never got past 30 in fractals, and I never even knew you could exploit past 50. But the reason for the reset seemed pretty obvious to me.

soo as a fractals Player I Need to hope that they reset pvp/ wvw ranks as well with next season it’s unfair if they implement legendaries out of pvp chests ( wich they will do (datamined chatcodes already ingame) because some ppl don’t have a that high rank and everybody should start of same feet. If they get the Server Population Thing done with wvw they should reset so not ppl on zergservers have higher wxp ranks than others… you think this is fair.. you only don’t care because it’s an aspect of the game you haven’t played…

Actually they will reset your WvW abilities again just like they did this Season. You’ll still have points you’ve earned and can then reassign them where you want them for the next season. I know this is different from your reward level but the difference is the WvW point are “spent” the award from fractals are not. Your not loosing anything your getting scaled down to what 80 would be in the new and coming current scale.

wouldn’t they only do that before season 2 though. I don’t think they will do that for the reranking.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Did I say it was fair? Not exactly, I said I understood while they did it, and it seemed fairly obvious to me. The same way it seemed obvious why you would reset crafting discoveries. It doesn’t mean you need to think its “fair.” But there is a reason why they do it. The devs probably see a community of high level fractal players and want to reward them (though it seems at least a few people would rather op-out of that), so there is a leaderboard.

As for resetting progress, I explained why (I think) they are doing it: to make it fair because they are changing the difficulty for levels 30+.

Also your comparisons don’t really match up.

PvP rank has nothing to do with anything except which vendors you can buy from. And just because the codes have been data mined it doesn’t mean that they will come in soon (plenty of things have been data mined from months ago which still aren’t in the game yet) and you don’t know how they will be implemented. Also, it is just a skin, and has no barring on actual progress inside of PvP.

For WvW, ranks are reset at the start of the season (the person above me pointed that out already). Though, I assume you mean reset back to 0, which if it happened I might be a little miffed. This is slightly trickier to argue. On one side, WvW was never designed to be “fair.” The side with more numbers and time coverage will have an unfair advantage. Those will better gear/food buffs will have an advantage. And, those who play longer to get a higher WvW rank will also have an advantage. Honestly if they reset ranks to 0 it would possibly make things more “unfair,” but that’s something to be debated. If the ranks reset every week (or even every 7-12, whenever the next season is), only the hardcore WvW’ers would be able to build their rank quickly again, so most people would be lucky if they could get a single mastery back up in a given week.

You haven’t present any facts on why people above 30, should keep their personal reward level. Your reward for the past year (give or take) has been the rewards from fractals itself: the loot. The reward isn’t the higher level itself. Now they want to redesign levels 30+ to be different (I don’t think we can say harder or easier until we see what the instabilities are). For people who enjoy Fractals, they can quickly build up their levels again, and you’ll be rewarded for it. First from the loot (as normal), and secondly from the +1s (and maybe higher) AR infusions.

I do try to experience as much of this game as I can (dungeons seem to be the only thing I personally don’t really like). But, I do dabble in just about everything else: Open World PvE, LS, Fractals, PvP, WvW. I don’t claim to be an expert, but I am surprised that I was the first one to realize (or at least post about it that I noticed) that it makes sense why they are resetting the levels.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

The live stream is going on right now.. btw.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Showed nothing too interesting.

They wiped a lot though.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Quite possibly the worst display of Thief gameplay I have ever seen in my life. What a disaster :S

And, naturally, Thaumanova looked like CoE v2, exactly as I predicted. Even had the wolves at the entrance. Yay.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Fror.2163

Yep, watched it. Totally disappointed. None of our legitimate questions were answered.

Some bugs were fixed (the guy said “totally fixed” when speaking about harpies), some weren’t. That’s the only thing I remember about this livestream.

Also the levels are hard-capped at 50, and we will get further fractals with new instabilities. I was really afraid when he said “we will release 51 then we will release 52 and so on”…

I heard too many “we’ll do that in a next release” especially about rings salvaging, pristine spending, etc..

My question about the dredge fractal wasn’t even looked at. And I got twitch-banned for 10 minutes for asking whether we will get compensation or not for our lost fractal levels

Regarding the builds they used to show the 3 new fractals, a bearbow ranger and a dual pistol thief. Not much to see here…

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Avecess.8513

Avecess.8513

It would’ve been a lot better if they showed that they could actually beat the bosses. Even with a wipe.
Too bad they didn’t address any of the hard questions – like player reset equity lost, compensation.
Whelp, tomorrow it is then…

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

So much for collaborative development, what a joke.
Disappointed, Anet.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Lol, So, pretty much what we all expected?

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

McSlappy.1372

wouldn’t they only do that before season 2 though. I don’t think they will do that for the reranking.

Don’t know honestly. They may right after season. They’ll prob definitely do for next season.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

This amazed me. Why would they not either play a character that can take a few hits, arbitrarily buff up toughness so they can actually show us the fights, or have someone more familiar with the class play?

Who enjoys watching a black and white downed screen for 30 minutes?

I literally cringed when he killed himself with confusion spamming his heal….

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

They addressed the equity lost with a canned: Nope. They explained this before. “New system with the instabilities, they did not think it was right for everyone to start at 50”. No point in rehashing this issue.

I am on the minority here, I thought that one instability, Enemies explode when they die, looked super fun.

The Aetherblade retreat fractal looked fun to me. I forsee lots of cursing, and also lots of great players just crushing it. It will be an all or nothing kind of thing.

I am actually interested in knowing what all the instabilities are!

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

McSlappy.1372

This amazed me. Why would they not either play a character that can take a few hits, arbitrarily buff up toughness so they can actually show us the fights, or have someone more familiar with the class play?

The developers don’t even know how to play their own creation. This says so much with so little.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

They addressed the equity lost with a canned: Nope. They explained this before. “New system with the instabilities, they did not think it was right for everyone to start at 50”. No point in rehashing this issue.

I am on the minority here, I thought that one instability, Enemies explode when they die, looked super fun.

The Aetherblade retreat fractal looked fun to me. I forsee lots of cursing, and also lots of great players just crushing it. It will be an all or nothing kind of thing.

You are not the minority with that aspect. I am excited for the challenge and to see the instabilities.

However, our levels should not be reset. Plain and simple.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

They die a ton and people will say that they can’t play well (though to be honest, they are usually pretty bad).

They win without dying much and people will say the content is way to easy (especially because they are running such sub-optimal builds).

Either way people will complain.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Well, I liked the ‘’I don’t even know what killed me’’ comment.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Run optimal builds, play well, struggle without wiping constantly.

No complaints.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

No complaints.

That’s impossible there must always be some complaint!

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

No complaints.

That’s impossible there must always be some complaint!

Fine. Less complaints =)

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

They die a ton and people will say that they can’t play well (though to be honest, they are usually pretty bad).

They win without dying much and people will say the content is way to easy (especially because they are running such sub-optimal builds).

I wouldn’t complain if they didn’t die. Why would anyone complain about that? It is a livestream of the new content, people could only complain about it looking two easy for 12 hours before they had a chance to just go do it themselves.

Instead we get to always be reminded of the day I wasted that half hour watching people die repeatedly on (difficult?) content.

Let me break it down for you. Start the stream by saying we have raise our stats to help us show you the new events. Or… they could just use that instant respawn command instead of laying dead on the ground. Is anyone going to be bothered if the developers graveyard zerg the content? At least that is more exciting.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Fror.2163

You are not the minority with that aspect. I am excited for the challenge and to see the instabilities.

However, our levels should not be reset. Plain and simple.

This!

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Asia Skyly.7198

Well, I liked the ‘’I don’t even know what killed me’’ comment.

Hahaha! I know that feeling a little too well!

I actually did not care at all that they died a lot. It was pretty obvious to me, as I watched the stream, that good players are going to demolish that content. That said, if the mystlock instabilities are applied to the level randomly, this opens the door for some really fun, and potentially challenging content!

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

No complaints.

You are new to the internetz, right? If they do that people will complain about the need of “hardcore” or optimal groups, it’s a known fact that devs can’t win.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

No complaints.

You are new to the internetz, right? If they do that people will complain about the need of “hardcore” or optimal groups, it’s a known fact that devs can’t win.

Spoiler Alert: Fractals was aimed at hardcore players.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Spoiler Alert: Fractals was aimed at hardcore players.

That won’t stop the complainers :P

But well don’t want to derail this, from what I saw it’s interesting that they changed the Aetherblade dungeon (wonder how the MF one will look like), also that instability looked great will punish those who don’t pay attention.

Let’s see how this goes tomorrow…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

That Thief was running Dual Pistol with no alternate weaponset. Seriously.

He doesn’t bring Refuge or any kind of team utility except Scorpion Wire which, asides from being rather useless in dungeons, he did not activate a single time as far as I could see.

WHY would they showcase content with this kind of horrible build/play?

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Asia Skyly.7198

Because the demo is really more of a Q&A with the content as a backdrop. It is simply a sneak peak.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So as expected, the content will be really easy.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Yes. Therefore the true reason behind resetting progress to 30 is to add another time gate. It will delay the hardcore players from getting to 50 by a couple of days, instead of being there day 1.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

well if u play p/p thief with no second weaponset without using your utility skills its hard… :/

/sarcasm

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

well if u play p/p thief with no second weaponset without using your utility skills its hard… :/

/sarcasm

I believe that’s the lvl 49 instability. 3/5 members turn into that thief.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I don’t expect everyone at Anet to be able to play well. Heck I don’t even expect the Devs to be able to play well.

But if they don’t have some testers they can use to showcase the content that are are experts at the game, that is where they loose my respect.

How can I have faith that you will develop content with the players in mind if there are no ‘players’ in the company.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I don’t expect everyone at Anet to be able to play well. Heck I don’t even expect the Devs to be able to play well.

But if they don’t have some testers they can use to showcase the content that are are experts at the game, that is where they loose my respect.

How can I have faith that you will develop content with the players in mind if there are no ‘players’ in the company.

This is basically my sentiment as well.

I don’t expect every Dev or Tester to be awesome at their job AND be experts at the game. But if you’re going to showcase content, the least you could do is show that you can put together a team with some basic understanding of builds and skills available to their class, making use of weapons/utilities that are appropriate for the encounter, that can work well together as a team, and understand basic game mechanics like weaponswap.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

New content will be so hard that you will have to run broken builds like p/p thief. Otherwise you are not going to complete it.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

This is basically my sentiment as well.

I don’t expect every Dev or Tester to be awesome at their job AND be experts at the game. But if you’re going to showcase content, the least you could do is show that you can put together a team with some basic understanding of builds and skills available to their class, making use of weapons/utilities that are appropriate for the encounter, that can work well together as a team, and understand basic game mechanics like weaponswap.

Anet caters to the casual “play as you want” players.

So in order to think like one, you have to become one.

Tonight's live stream?

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

But hey, we must prove ourselves!