Who is behind Thaumanova?

in Fractured

Posted by: Sprawler.5612

Sprawler.5612

The worst possible choice, that’s who.

Come on guys. Enough of Scarlet. Enough of destroying asuran lore with this ridiculous sue character. Please. Please.

I could list the reasons why this was a bad idea. But other threads have done this already. My only thing to say is, as an asura player that loves their society and lore and history?

You are killing them for me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Yeah, there were no words. When I saw Scarlet, I couldn’t actually believe Anet shoved her into ANOTHER plot that had nothing to do with her. Oh wait, now it does…because the Inquest couldn’t be a stand alone villain all their own.

in Fractured

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Honestly, I feel like we’ve reached the point of a South Park episode where the recurring refrain is, “Scarlet did it!”

in Fractured

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

When I saw her I just felt like logging out, which I ended up doing anyway since they forgot to add a waypoint…

in Fractured

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Please stop spoonfeeding us Scarlet Briar! For the love of all that is holy, we’re sick of her! She’s not a fun character, she’s not a “love to hate” type of villain. She’s bad and terrible and we want to fight Dragons again! Why is that so hard to write about? You left us hanging with Zhaitan after Arah? Why is it so hard to go back and continue that storyline?

I play a sylvari. I’m even a roleplayer. I appreciate the idea of a sylvari villain, but Scarlet is not a good character. She’s just annoying, so why did you inject her into Thaumanova’s story? The story of the Living Story is just not fun anymore. Please stop with Scarlet – lets kill her and fight the dragons (or even the White Mantle again), please.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

(edited by deepwinter.9015)

in Fractured

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

When Scarlet appeared, I immediately lost any bit of interest I had in this Fractal.
On the other hand, just imagine how they would’ve butchered the lore if Evon won the campaign. /shudder

Had to repost because apparently the other thread got deleted.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

in Fractured

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

This is the one time I will say thanks for the spoiler. I am at work, so I will not get to play this for a while, but that is such a terrible choice for the reactor. I am sure someone will rationalize why she was the perfect choice, but I really, really wanted it to take the story elsewhere. The Inquest are mad enough in their own right!

in Fractured

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

It’s a ploy to get us to hate her more then trehearn. Don’t fall for it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

Ive been extremely interested in Thaumanova lore since the beginning of the game, adding Scarlet in as the reason completely destroyed the whole thing for me.

Please stop adding Scarlet to everything, Its getting extremely annoying.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

in Fractured

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I was debating about this with Devildoc the other day. Talking about how it was all speculation that Scarlet would be behind it all, while they were certain it would be. I thought to myself that maybe Anet would do something different this time around and not randomly make this about Scarlet.

Boy was I ever wrong. Really disappointed to see this is yet another “Surprise! It was Scarlet all along!” story. This had a lot of potential to be something different and interesting. Was instantly ruined by adding Scarlet to it.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Fractured

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

oh wow, had I known that I wouldn’t have voted for either Kiel or Evon.
Think about it, had the Charr won they could have tried to shoe horn her into that Fractal.

Well when I get home I’ll go through the motions and see if it was even the least bit entertaining with her reveal. Sad truth is I silently hoped they would have made a pure Asura story too, but it sounds like that won’t happen.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Fractured

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

My heart sank when I saw Scarlet in there, I could feel all of my enthusiasm drain at that moment.
Just the other day, me and my friends were literally making fun of the possibility Scarlet would be behind it. You know the type of conversation where you bring up things that are ridiculous and stupid because the mere possibility is funny? It was that kind of conversation.
Yet here we are, Scarlet making her usual shpeal in front of the core. I suppose it makes sense, there were some hints that it would happen and if it was already planed Anet can’t exactly pull a 180 on it. Just incredibly disappointing that I thought we’d finally get some compelling story that was unrelated to her, and then have this happen when it could have been so much more (anyone here still remember those… what were they called? Elder Dragons).

If I knew Scarlet was going to show up, I would have voted for the Abaddon fractal despite finding it uninteresting and it being completely unrelated to GW2’s story.

Edit: at least the content itself was fun to play though.

(edited by Arewn.2368)

in Fractured

Posted by: Snuggley.5697

Snuggley.5697

A pure Asuran story is probably never going to happen with these writers.

The Megaserver sucks.

in Fractured

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

If I knew Scarlet was going to show up, I would have voted for the Abaddon fractal despite finding it uninteresting and it being completely unrelated to GW2’s story.

Problem with that is they said the story was already written. She would have been behind that too lol. You can’t stop the Scarlet invasion, nor can you hope to contain it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Fractured

Posted by: Snuggley.5697

Snuggley.5697

There needs to be a god kitten petition for Anet to completly remove Scarlet from the game, and keep her locked away and forgotten.

The Megaserver sucks.

in Fractured

Asia Skyly.7198

My heart sank when I saw Scarlet in there, I could feel all of my enthusiasm drain at that moment.

That is exactly how I feel, and I am just reading about it! Had I been there I would have quit, again.

in Fractured

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

There needs to be a god kitten petition for Anet to completly remove Scarlet from the game, and keep her locked away and forgotten.

This would actually be a very good use of retcon.

in Fractured

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

All I can think of is Scarlet killing Abaddon now lols.

I guess those of you that voted Kiel preserved what little Guild Wars lore is left. Thanks!

in Fractured

Posted by: Novum.2395

Novum.2395

This pretty much confirms it, they rigged the cutthroat politics to lead their scarlet story up to this point, How would we know WHO really won that election? We never saw any legit numbers. Im getting sick of this story and scarlet. I respect these devs and the amount going into the game, But I once loved the stories and lore of this universe and this one character is just KILLING it for me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

This would actually be a very good use of retcon.

Seconded. Just retcon her. I don’t care anymore, a hole in the lore would be better than this.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

in Fractured

Atlas.9704

All I can think of is Scarlet killing Abaddon now lols.

I guess those of you that voted Kiel preserved what little Guild Wars lore is left. Thanks!

Now Kiel supporters have a new slogan: “We took a lore bullet for you.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Fractured

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

STW2
Scarlet and Trahearne Wars 2

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Fractured

Posted by: Gray.1704

Gray.1704

Is Scarlet also responsible for the great collapse? Is she responsible for waking the dragons?

This new fractal has got to be some kind of joke. Please tell me it’s a joke. I’m not someone who plays Fractals very often, but I have plenty of friends who were so hyped up about finding out what happened to the Thaumanova Reactor… and then were immediately shot down when they saw it was Scarlet’s fault.

Stop. With. Scarlet.

I’ve stopped playing the living story, I’ve stopped playing the dungeons, I’ve stopped playing the game. The ONLY thing that keeps me coming back to Guild Wars 2 is the role playing community.

I hate Scarlet. Mission accomplished, I hate a villain in a story. But I don’t hate her because of the deeds she’s committed… I hate her because she’s poorly written and shoe horned into every possible place she can be put into.

Was there REALLY a need to put Scarlet in the Thaumanova Reactor incident? Really?! How about more information about the Inquest and how they operate? How about some background information that is plausible as to how the reactor went critical?

Quitting the game today seems like it would protect my blood pressure, but for whatever reason, despite everything that’s happened in the past year, I hold out some hope that Arena Net will fix what’s happened.

I don’t know why I have that hope. Nothing has encouraged me to have hope anymore for GW2’s story.

in Fractured

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

The biggest problem with Scarlet is that once she’s finally gone there will be no villains left, because everyone and everything was turned into a little alliance beneath her

in Fractured

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

This pretty much confirms it, they rigged the cutthroat politics to lead their scarlet story up to this point, How would we know WHO really won that election? We never saw any legit numbers. Im getting sick of this story and scarlet. I respect these devs and the amount going into the game, But I once loved the stories and lore of this universe and this one character is just KILLING it for me.

Didnt rig it. Her lines in the Reactor fractal could easily fit in Abbadon’s with a little editting. She’d find out what she needed to know from either one and proceed putting her “DO NOT TOUCH” pylons around regardless.

in Fractured

Novum.2395

Didnt rig it. Her lines in the Reactor fractal could easily fit in Abbadon’s with a little editting. She’d find out what she needed to know from either one and proceed putting her “DO NOT TOUCH” pylons around regardless.

But WHY add scarlet to this in the first place???
I thought this would be something original. Did the idea of scarlet exist during launch when this place existed?

in Fractured

Posted by: Avengedblood.3208

Avengedblood.3208

no wp, but 4 people can just relog, as long as the person that opened it doesn’t relog you can enter again

in Fractured

Posted by: Ukon.6350

Ukon.6350

Can’t wait till we also find out Scarlet’s behind the dragons waking up.

in Fractured

Asia Skyly.7198

Quitting the game today seems like it would protect my blood pressure, but for whatever reason, despite everything that’s happened in the past year, I hold out some hope that Arena Net will fix what’s happened.

I don’t know why I have that hope. Nothing has encouraged me to have hope anymore for GW2’s story.

You are so right! The writing, the direction of the game, the items in the shop all are part of the great crush. Crushing my hopes for the game that I used to love: Guild Wars.

This kitten child continues to drift further from its predecessor. And yet, they continue to move it away, a bit further from hope every single patch.

The question is why do we keep hoping they will right the wrongs? Prior to today they have not done one thing to restore the faith of the Guild Wars vets. I am hoping the new instabilities will do just that: Keep the hope alive.

(edited by Asia Skyly.7198)

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

And here I thought we might get more than just “Scarlet did it” lore.

Very, very disappointed in the lore team, especially after this patch.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Fractured

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

At this rate, please prepare yourself to a likely future where Anet reveals she has anything to do with the primal Dragons that preceded even the gods themselves.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Fractured

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

Seriously, if I knew they were going to shove Scarlet down our throats again for this I would’ve voted for Abaddon. (Despite it having nothing to do with GW2) I had hoped the Thaumanova reactor fallout fractal would teach us more about the universe we’re currently living in, maybe touch on some elder dragon goodness. The Thaumanova Reactor Fallout had so much potential, it was a near-limitless blank slate that could be filled with almost anything you could imagine and instead of giving us something refreshing, new, and could potentially lead us towards our next Elder Dragon conquest, you give us Scarlet. I know you guys want her to be an important part of…whatever little story you think you’ve got going on but PLEASE for the love of THE SIX DIVINES let us have SOMETHING that DOESN’T involve Scarlet. You’re using her WAY too much and she’s been everywhere and tied to everything from the begining of the living story till now with the exception of Tequatl, Adventure Box, and Halloween.

From Flame and Frosts’s kickoff being tied to her, which is the cause of us going to Southsun, to her dumbfoolery at Dragon Bash causing us to meet the Aetherblade Pirates which Scarlet decided to set up, then Queen’s Jubilee had potential till Scarlet showed her pickled-face and made it all about her again, then we get TA changed up and guess what? Heee-reees Scarlet! 15/20 LW updates have been about or tied to Scarlet. If it means I get to see her less…

Please, from now on, only release updates for Christmas, Halloween, Super Adventure Box, and dragons like Tequatl. We’re only 2 months away from the LW being around for one whole, long year If we don’t get rid of her by then I’m going to start reffering to this year as a “Scarlet Expansion” I think I’ll name it Scarletclym, or Stupidity of the Matchmaking Queen, no wait, I got a better one. The Anti-Scarlet Crusade.

in Fractured

Novum.2395

If she has something to do any of the dragons i’m just grabbing my friends and dropping this game.

in Fractured

Posted by: aop.6052

aop.6052

What if Scarlet is actually a dragon?

in Fractured

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

ANet, I have been a fan for a very long time. I’m a friend, so trust me when I say that you need to sit down the writing staff for an intervention. You guys are such great worldbuilders but your storytelling is just plain awful. This Scarlet thing has been going on for months with no resolution and the character is everywhere and seemingly coated in teflon so no one’s attacks can stick to her. That’s not how good villains are supposed to work. This is embarrassing writing and it’s below what I know this studio is capable of. It’s time to put down the Scarlet cold turkey and walk away.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

But WHY add scarlet to this in the first place???
I thought this would be something original. Did the idea of scarlet exist during launch when this place existed?

I wish I knew man. Personally I just want this Scarlet ride to be over. Any story Anet hopes to tell with her is hopelessly lost on me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Wouldn’t surprise me if Scarlet was behind the fall of Abaddon as well.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Scarlet woke up the dragons.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it actually was Scarlet running away instead of Logan and killing Snaff.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Scarlet was actually Glint too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Scarlet was Scarlett Johansson too.

in Fractured

Posted by: Blindrat.8016

Blindrat.8016

That just makes me sad. The reactor is perhaps one of the most interesting palces to me in Tyria and has so much potential within it. As someone said before we’ve now reached a point where we might as well jsut explain everything with “oh scarlet did it…”.

That’s not just sad for the fact that as many will point out diminishes the potential of the story of Tyria, the Asura(Which to me already feel like just petty plot devices), and the lore founding many events; It’s sad too in the fact that said character who is supposed to be this grandiose villain is nothing more than a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Dare I say too that she doesn’t even come close to being as good as even those. She is static, uninteresting, shallow, and underdeveloped character that comes off as a “kitten what do we write!?” rush job. You can do better than this Anet, much better.

When people see Scarlet they go “ugh this chick again…” That should be a red flag to you that this is some bad writing when even the Sylvari loving players have had enough of her. I could spout on further, but I feel like the voices are booming loud enough for you to understand how bad a “story” this is. I will say one thing though, if she even remotely touches Wintersday I can guarantee that will be a breaking point for people that haven’t already flipped their tables over this.

in Fractured

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Scarlet created of the Mursaat, freed Shiro Tagachi, ate Kormir’s eyes, started the War in Kryta, lured the charr to Ascalon and brought humans to Tyria. Ultimately, she will be responsible for the development of a game called “Guild Wars 2.”

You think I’m joking? Just you wait!

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Atlas.9704

Impossible, that would make the former hot and we know she isn’t.

in Fractured

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I will say one thing though, if she even remotely touches Wintersday I can guarantee that will be a breaking point for people that haven’t already flipped their tables over this.

They would make Scarlet the Grinch that screw up the giant golem blimp and was behind the toy chaotic event.

At this point, I just give up.

in Fractured

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Wouldn’t surprise me if it actually was Scarlet running away instead of Logan and killing Snaff.

The Scarlett Johansson thing would surprise me, unless Scarlet was an awesome mesmer.

in Fractured

Posted by: GameVeight.2745

GameVeight.2745

Actually one day Scarlet will travel through time and create all of Tyria and in one fell swoop she will be responsible for everything that ever happened in the whole wide world.

Ye’ll tak’ the high road an’ I’ll tak’ yer wallet!
You’re so vain, You probably think this post is about you.

(edited by GameVeight.2745)

in Fractured

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

don’t you know, scarlet is everyone, everything, and everywhere, she is omnipresent, all hail the true god of guild wars Scarlet. /cry

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Fractured

Novum.2395

Think my body is “Fractured” from the pain i’m enduring this patch, on another note they re skinned t3 human cultural armor and put it on gemstore so all races can buy it and it looks cooler with flames WTH?

in Fractured

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I honestly have no problem with Scarlet

but kitten this is to much.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

This was my PuGs reaction when we saw scarlet pop up.

Me: kitten
player2: what the kitten…
player3: KITTEN SCARLET
player4: …
player5: life is not fair… kitten

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Fractured

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You know what I would have liked to see?

A big dragon arm and claw reaching out from the hole underground, and destroyers coming out.

THERE’S YOUR STORY.

NOT SALAD.

in Fractured

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Wow.. really?

It’s a good thing they didn’t do the Abaddon Fractal then otherwise Scarlet would have been shoe horned in to have caused that too. sigh

in Fractured

Posted by: Kaiwen.1520

Kaiwen.1520

Say half a year ago, when we knew nothing about Scarlet, they announced an expansion.

One evil genius is forming alliances with EVERYONE evil and assaulting everything! And you will discover that she is the reason for all evil in the world (forget the dragons, that was a joke.) But don’t worry, no new classes, one new skill, no new areas, and three new instances.

Who would have bought it?

If it isn’t good enough for an expansion, why is it good enough for Living World? Because Living World is free?