You opinion about Dredge?

in Fractured

Posted by: Dogger.1867

Dogger.1867

I love fractals and I love 99% of the changes to fractals with this update. The new ones are great and I’m glad to see them revisited.

However, every single person I have ever run fractals with HATES dredge with a passion. It is the one fractal in the group that is just awful across the board. The amount of trash mobs and permanent respawns are completely ridiculous. I would be delighted to go into detail.

The beginning of the fractal is pure torture. The button puzzle is skipped by every single upper level group. Please understand how much we hate it. I don’t think you could find a single player that appreciates it. There should only be one or two mobs on the first buttons and about half of the trash mobs in the main room with two buttons and a switch.

After that is more trash leading up to two options the fractal chooses for you. Both are awful design and I’d be very happy to explain why!

The bomb room is caked full of unnecessary permanently respawning dredge. At 40+ levels (and even so 30’s) you cannot realistically kill them all before more show up. This forces you to skip trash even if you are trying to do everything legitimately. Using bombs on the wall spawns even more trash mobs are you serious??? So much so that shadow refuge or naked runs become a necessity. Even after the wall is down you still have an entire army of dredge to get through to get to the boss. Why would you ever need so many enemies for a 5 man team to fight through? It is pure insanity.

The alternate is the drill room that has a disgusting amount of dredge in it. Though this one isn’t quite as bad, it still requires an unnecessary amount of time killing hordes of dredge. When you finally get to the wall the respawns go infinite again and become so large that they once again must be skipped to get to the boss room. Please explain how this is fun for anyone. I have done dredge more times than I can count and I can’t remember a single time anyone has ever had fun with this.

Now, I’ll admit the mid boss fight isn’t bad. It has a block mechanic and a line AoE that makes it interesting enough. However, the big problem here is the horrendously long clown car fight. At upper 40’s you can clear the entire underwater fractal faster than you can kill the trash mobs that come pouring out of that clown car. It is excessive and dull and boring and why was this left in the game for over a year??? Of all the things to fix in fractals how was this not the #1? I don’t understand. It makes no sense. It is boring beyond belief. I seriously question my life’s choices every time I have to go through this clown care encounter it really is that bad.

If a group has decided not to commit suicide after the clown car then the end boss fight is probably the best part of the fractal. It is a unique mechanic that requires a bit of skill and coordination to get through. So, props for that but it is so hard to appreciate after all of the trash leading up to it.

Basically, can we please get this fractal fixed? Or removed? It is not fun and everyone hates it. EVERYONE hates it. Absolutely everyone. It is a horrendous blister on an otherwise great end game system. I cannot express how badly I loathe this fractal. If I had a silver for every complaint I’ve heard about this fractal I could afford an entire collection of precursors. Please, please, please do something about this. I never want to have to do this fractal ever again.

in Fractured

Posted by: Max Gladius.6930

Max Gladius.6930

Did you see the Developer team video of them running the 40+ bomb side with no thief?

No one has, reason:
HAHAHA Really, if it works at lvl 1 it will work at 50
There are only 2 developers working this
It would not be nearly as impossible because they would realize what exactly they have created….

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I would still love to see developers tackle this one to see what the ’’proper’’ way of doing this fractal is.

I don’t mind the clown car much, but considering the following
- Initial puzzle (long)
- Blasting up wall (medium if left, long if right)
- Boss fight (medium-long)
- Farming dredge (long)
- Final Boss (medium-long)

The problem is quite obvious here.
There’s no short things in there.
Compare it with any of the phases in the other fractals.
The whisp puzzle for instance. Or compare it to the dolphin run.
Cliffside has a really fast easy seal, some nice easy skips where you’re being lead through nice scenics…

Anyhow, I think you explained it very well.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Did you see the Developer team video of them running the 40+ bomb side with no thief?

No one has, reason:
It would not be nearly as impossible because they would realize what exactly they have created….

i actually found the stream before the patch pretty funny
dev1: we added new fun mechancs
dev2: (dies) i don’t even know what hit me (spent entire stream as dead thief)

el oh el

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Max Gladius.6930

“working as designed”
Did I note about the “20 to 30 minutes per each fractal” hahaha good luck even at lvl 1 for this fractal

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I did the fractal for achievement but now when it comes up I just leave party and go again, chances are doing a whole fractal run again will be quicker than pugging through the dredge.

Now if everyone started doing that and no one is running it anymore, they might actually change it

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I did the fractal for achievement but now when it comes up I just leave party and go again, chances are doing a whole fractal run again will be quicker than pugging through the dredge.

Now if everyone started doing that and no one is running it anymore, they might actually change it

oh i run dredge ( i been getting that map pretty much every day past 3 weeks, still better than kitten fire shaman) but i am a thief and can solo door; still so kitten booooring and time consumming

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Posted by: Lyru.9380

Lyru.9380

The dredge fractal is tedious.
I guarantee that no dev-team can go through it without god-mode.

I challenge you to beat your own fractal, Anet!

in Fractured

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Please just remove at least 3/4 of the dredge in this fractal and it will be a fun enjoyable experience with challenging mechanics.

in Fractured

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

I’ve been doing dredge since the start of fractals. I’m guessing you guys just got into it. Learning the tricks is always necessary for challenging content such as this one. proper team synergy and utility skills are required. You can’t just barge into it and keyboard-mash your way through, you need to be smart about it. Anet doesn’t need to nerf something that a knowledgeable team can skate through with little trouble. The playerbase needs to become more knowledgeable.

in Fractured

Protoavis.9107

I’ve been doing dredge since the start of fractals. I’m guessing you guys just got into it. Learning the tricks is always necessary for challenging content such as this one. proper team synergy and utility skills are required. You can’t just barge into it and keyboard-mash your way through, you need to be smart about it. Anet doesn’t need to nerf something that a knowledgeable team can skate through with little trouble. The playerbase needs to become more knowledgeable.

That being the case, maybe you’d like to pass on your knowledge rather than being cryptic about it.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

You’re not a special snowflake, you’re not just so much better than everyone else.

We know how to do it, it just takes twice as long as every other fractal and is not challenging.

It isn’t long because it’s hard, it’s just long.

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

You’re not a special snowflake, you’re not just so much better than everyone else.

We know how to do it, it just takes twice as long as every other fractal and is not challenging.

Actually, if you were to read the posts above mine, you’d see that the people complaining about it in this thread are complaining about the difficulty, and that difficulty stems from the large numbers of mobs and the intricate mechanics required to progress (relative to other fractals, such as Battleground or underwater). They find it HARD to get past the dredge blocking the door. I find it easy with the right tools. Then they find it hard to kill the champion boss. I find it easy if you know where to stand. And if you want to speed up that fight, then you should figure out how to fight the boss in the middle of the “clown car” segment so you knock down both bars at once. As intended. Then they find it hard to kill the final boss. I find it easy if you have the right timing.

I can complete the dredge fractal at 40+ in a half hour, and come away with 40-50 heavy miner’s bags for my trouble. No, I’m not a special snowflake. Many more can do the same things. Those are the people who possess the capacity to learn and adapt their playstyle to the objectives they face.

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

in Fractured

Max Gladius.6930

^^ Revern…….. ^^

in Fractured

Protoavis.9107

Actually, if you were to read the posts above mine, you’d see that the people complaining about it in this thread are complaining about the difficulty, and that difficulty stems from the large numbers of mobs and the intricate mechanics required to progress (relative to other fractals, such as Battleground or underwater). They find it HARD to get past the dredge blocking the door. I find it easy with the right tools. Then they find it hard to kill the champion boss. I find it easy if you know where to stand. And if you want to speed up that fight, then you should figure out how to fight the boss in the middle of the “clown car” segment so you knock down both bars at once. As intended. Then they find it hard to kill the final boss. I find it easy if you have the right timing.

I can complete the dredge fractal at 40+ in a half hour, and come away with 40-50 heavy miner’s bags for my trouble. No, I’m not a special snowflake. Many more can do the same things. Those are the people who possess the capacity to learn and adapt their playstyle to the objectives they face.

I’m still not seeing any knowledged passed on :\

in Fractured

Max Gladius.6930

AKGeo.6048:

Raising the BULL POOP FLAG!!!

I have 247 Prestines, and 88 Shards of Mists that say you are talking out your BUM about 30 mins lvl 40+ Dredge….

(edited by Max Gladius.6930)

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

This is like the fifth thread about this but… dredge still sucks so I approve. It’s stupidly longer than any other fractal, even if you do it right. Every little detail makes it take longer. Like the bomb part where most parties wind up suiciding; even the darn bombs take forever to respawn. It’s built in – it takes long no matter whether you land the bombs or not. At least one of the major elements – the gates, or the bombs, or the rabsovich fight, or the clown car, just needs to be cut out.

in Fractured

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

This is like the fifth thread about this but… dredge still sucks so I approve. It’s stupidly longer than any other fractal, even if you do it right. Every little detail makes it take longer. Like the bomb part where most parties wind up suiciding; even the darn bombs take forever to respawn. It’s built in – it takes long no matter whether you land the bombs or not. At least one of the major elements – the gates, or the bombs, or the rabsovich fight, or the clown car, just needs to be cut out.

I’d vote for the gates. It’s the part that seems to be most unanimously despised by players. There’s a kitten good reason that this part was/is often skipped.

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048:

I have 247 Prestines, and 88 Shards of Mists that say you are talking out your BUM about 30 mins lvl 40+ Dredge….

Running 20s and 30s on a bunch of characters doesn’t exactly prove anything. But hey, I’ll bite.

3-5 minutes to open the first door. 5 minutes to knock down the big door. 5-10 minutes to kill Rabsovich and his mobs. 5 minutes for a DPS party to kill the final boss. Taking into account less than optimal team buildup, mistakes, lag…it’s not at all unreasonable to do it in 30 minutes.

But your relics and shards don’t really mean much to me. This is after buying and upgrading about 10-15 rings over the last year.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Max Gladius.6930

AKGeo.6048:

Running 20s and 30s on a bunch of characters doesn’t exactly prove anything. But hey, I’ll bite.

3-5 minutes to open the first door. 5 minutes to knock down the big door. 5-10 minutes to kill Rabsovich and his mobs. 5 minutes for a DPS party to kill the final boss. Taking into account less than optimal team buildup, mistakes, lag…it’s not at all unreasonable to do it in 30 minutes.

But your relics and shards don’t really mean much to me. This is after buying and upgrading about 10-15 rings over the last year.

Post a video of your pug team doing just this…..

Also, how on earth, being a “pro” as you are, would you need to upgrade any rings" I upgraded 2 of my 95+… you claim 10-15… Well I bought 4 magic find rings… oh oh and and ….

NOONE CARES!
I was not saying I was better than you, I was stating you are full of kittens stating 30 mins is no problem…
awaiting video of the pug team you had with 20 minute Dredge run

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048:

Post a video of your pug team doing just this…..

Also, how on earth, being a “pro” as you are, would you need to upgrade any rings" I upgraded 2 of my 95+… you claim 10-15… Well I bought 4 magic find rings… oh oh and and ….

NOONE CARES!
I was not saying I was better than you, I was stating you are full of kittens stating 30 mins is no problem…
awaiting video of the pug team you had with 20 minute Dredge run

Did I say pug? Did I say pro? Did I say no problems? In fact, I did account for numerous mistakes and hangups. The times I listed were actually my best times at those specific segments. It’s rare to get a perfect run in, but it averages out to around 30-40 minutes…50 for a pug. Though I do like how you knocked it down to 20 minutes AND pugs.

And I sold my rings after I started getting full bank tabs of them, and I didn’t feel like grinding a million dailies for the specific ones I wanted for the builds I was trying out.

So I bought the ones I needed and upgraded them as necessary.

Not that I need to prove anything to someone as emotionally unbalanced as you seem to be.

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

in Fractured

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I’m not a particularly high-class player, I don’t do dungeons or fractals, and I’ve only once run a five-man group through a few low-level fractals just to see what it’s like.

The dredge one was AWFUL.

It was AWFUL.

Why won’t it stop being AWFUL!?

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Did I say pug? Did I say pro? Did I say no problems? In fact, I did account for numerous mistakes and hangups. The times I listed were actually my best times at those specific segments. It’s rare to get a perfect run in, but it averages out to around 30-40 minutes…50 for a pug. Though I do like how you knocked it down to 20 minutes AND pugs.

50 minutes is pretty ridiculous for 1/4 of a dungeon

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

50 minutes is pretty ridiculous for 1/4 of a dungeon

50 heavy T6 bags, especially ones with the highest probability of a lodestone, is pretty darn good for a full dungeon. Plus the 30s guaranteed from the end chest, possibility of rares and exotics even higher throughout, etc etc etc.

And the fact that the other three could end up taking 10 minutes each, so your arbitrary 50 minutes times 4 implication is inherently flawed.

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

in Fractured

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just heard they changed switches. I retract my statement from before. This fractal is now AWFUL!

Seriously, why did they change pressure plates!? Now when we die, they become unpressed. Seriously, WHY did they do that!?

in Fractured

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Despite all these firestorms of criticism. Anet has remained mysteriously quiet. Can I get some input please? yes, you Anet.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It has always been extremely obvious that they didn’t test this fractal past lv. 20. There is no way the developers saw the amount of mobs that spawn and concluded it’s OK unless they don’t understand basic game mechanics like AOE cap and dredge immunity to blind. Even then, having so many trash mobs in any game is just tedious.

Dredge fractal is doable and even easy, but it is horribly designed and laced with poor mechanics.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Despite all these firestorms of criticism. Anet has remained mysteriously quiet. Can I get some input please? yes, you Anet.

Yeah, I’d like either a response or a stream of the devs, sitting in separate rooms with no voice chat, running frac 33 with bomb door, no thief. If they can do it in half an hour I promise I’ll never make this complaint again.

in Fractured

Max Gladius.6930

BLAH BLAH BLAH

“No body is arguing the need for a plan, your plan is just stupid and wont work!”

You comment on “I got 50 bags” no one is comparing the Dredge Fractal to Farming, we are saying “by design” it SUCKS!

in Fractured

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

The only change fractals really needed was a balance of length for this path. I’d gladly give up all the other fractal content just to have that part fixed.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Fractured

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Dredge fractal took 20 minutes, at the old lvl48. The only dumb part is the gates at the start.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Fractured

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

For those of you having issues with the first part of dredge, this works well with no thief:

Once main chamber is open, have the party go left (or right, just choose 1) and kill that half of the mobs (approximately). Once around half of the mobs in the room are left, 2 ppl get on switches and 1 use the gear thingy. The other person(s) kite the mobs. You can use the middle drill to LoS them and do a ring around the rosy type of thing. No more mobs respawn if you don’t kill them all.

I don’t know how well it works with all party types, but I just did it post-patch on scale 38 with a necro, guard, engi, warrior and ele. I (the guard) was the one kiting.

I hope this helps and brings this thread to a more constructive mindset.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Fractured

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

With The new instability this fractal is extremely complicated and here’s why

1. Dredge can’t be blinded
2. Most projectile go through projectile reflect/absorb for some mysterious reasons
3. Mobs respawn almost everywhere so you can’t just kill them and do you things

When Anet first said they were going to introduce new fractals, they also said they were going to rework the actual fractals and I recall seeing a post where a dev said that Dredge fractal was too long and complicated and that it was going to be reworked. They made it worse with this patch, much worse, doubled the spawn at beginning, button change, etc.

EVERY group I saw used the jumping puzzle “exploit” because even the first part is hell now at high levels.

I’m not new to fractals, I’ve been doing this for a long time everyday (28/38/48) but dredge is not fun or challenging, it’s long and frustrating. I don’t see how a PuG can finish this 40+ without spending hours.

in Fractured

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I want to hate on the dredge fractal, but my asura looks so sexy running around naked.

in Fractured

Posted by: Luminarin.2301

Luminarin.2301

I like some parts of this fractal because they are challenging. But as Dogger said – some of its parts are illogically and unnecessarily exaggerated like for example the dredge carrier at level 40+, or the console room.

Where are level designers? Creating new content that will be bombed down by Scarlet every two weeks anyway?

in Fractured

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

There is nothing challenging about dredge. The issue is the time to beat it is long and you can’t do much especially when move trickle out of the car slowly for 8-12mins

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

BLAH BLAH BLAH

“No body is arguing the need for a plan, your plan is just stupid and wont work!”

You comment on “I got 50 bags” no one is comparing the Dredge Fractal to Farming, we are saying “by design” it SUCKS!

Actually yes, people are comparing dredge fractal in terms of time spent vs. rewards earned. By design it’s just about right. Dredge have always been a swarming race. Having large amounts of dredge swarming out of the ground at specific moments is indeed the mechanic. They’re mostly ranged, so reflects work on them. They can’t see through stealth, which doesn’t really make sense when it comes to what they are, so that works as well.

The fractal is designed just fine. It’s people who can’t do anything but charge ahead and swing their 100blades that have the problems. People at high level fractals don’t go “awe kitten , dredge”, they go “sweet, dredge!” because of the large amounts of loot drops that come from it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

People at high level fractals don’t go “awe kitten , dredge”, they go “sweet, dredge!” because of the large amounts of loot drops that come from it.

I’m sorry but I have never seen anyone actually happy getting dredge at any level. I run with really good players and even though the whole thing seems really easy when we do it, we’d rather get anything else (beside ascalon which is another huge clusterkitten)

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

There is nothing challenging about dredge. The issue is the time to beat it is long and you can’t do much especially when move trickle out of the car slowly for 8-12mins

Here’s a suggestion: kill the boss WITH his adds in front of the car. Too hard? Try a level 20.

in Fractured

Protoavis.9107

Here’s a suggestion: kill the boss WITH his adds in front of the car. Too hard? Try a level 20.

You keep coming out with all these suggestions and times but never any tactics or relevant knowledge

in Fractured

Havana.8625

I never said it was challenging, just four times as long as any of the other fractals. This clearly wasn’t intended when fractals were being designed. I hope Anet fixes the issue soon.

in Fractured

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

What is with your condescending attitude? This thread is about pugs your average pug won’t be killing the boss and mobs at the same time. Speed running this means little because you can do for same with other fractals and cut the time down immensely. Anet did state previously they were reworking fractals and wanted to look into reducing the time to complete dredge.

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

You keep coming out with all these suggestions and times but never any tactics or relevant knowledge

So you came to a QQ thread looking for tips?

Figure it out for yourself.

I never said it was challenging, just four times as long as any of the other fractals. This clearly wasn’t intended when fractals were being designed. I hope Anet fixes the issue soon.

Clearly? “Clearly”? I fail to see where it’s “clear” that this was unintended. Especially since loot drops from this particular fractal are so much higher than in other comparable fractals, such as cliffside.

Honestly, I expected more people to be complaining about cliffside’s insane armor ignoring damage per attack from the chanters at anything over level 28, and endless vulnerability stacking added on top of it. at least in dredge you don’t NEED to stack and break aggro in order to progress.

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

in Fractured

Havana.8625

Cliffside is no harder than the other fractals and doesn’t need any changes in my opinion. I defend my use of “clearly” in my post. Maybe it’s not clear to everyone but it’s clear to me that Anet didn’t intentionally design one fractal to be four times as long as the others. I don’t remember how dredge runs at lower levels, but I ran a 48 every day for a long time, and dredge is the only thing that makes fractals long and painful. When it doesn’t come up runs are smooth and fast.

Also, loot is no justification. In the time of one dredge fractal completion you can complete HotW1, CoF1, SE1&3 and then sit down and count your money for 15 minutes. The amount you make from dredge is insignificant compared to the time it takes.

in Fractured

AKGeo.6048

Cliffside is no harder than the other fractals and doesn’t need any changes in my opinion. I defend my use of “clearly” in my post. Maybe it’s not clear to everyone but it’s clear to me that Anet didn’t intentionally design one fractal to be four times as long as the others. I don’t remember how dredge runs at lower levels, but I ran a 48 every day for a long time, and dredge is the only thing that makes fractals long and painful. When it doesn’t come up runs are smooth and fast.

Also, loot is no justification. In the time of one dredge fractal completion you can complete HotW1, CoF1, SE1&3 and then sit down and count your money for 15 minutes. The amount you make from dredge is insignificant compared to the time it takes.

Then when you’re done with those dungeons, what next? Is there something else you could be doing while that’s going on?

Runs are smooth and fast compared to dredge BECAUSE prior to the patch, it was pretty simple for groups to actually avoid dredge altogether, and people actually left to avoid doing it. Yes, because it’s long. But it’s also longER because most groups, since they never really play it in the first place, don’t know how.

And if you can run all four of those paths in the time it takes you to do one dredge fractal, I don’t want to run fractals with you.

(edited by AKGeo.6048)

in Fractured

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I also agree Dredge needs to be made a bit shorter. Not necessarily made easier but just kitten shorter!

I mean, compared to the other ‘long’ fractals I’ve seen so far at 30+ (Thaumanova, Aetherblades (twice) & Dredge), Dredge is by far way, way more time-consuming to complete.

And it just doesn’t make sense that there would be such a time-disparity between it and the other aforementioned fractals. Right??

in Fractured

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

No one has, reason:

i actually found the stream before the patch pretty funny
dev1: we added new fun mechancs
dev2: (dies) i don’t even know what hit me (spent entire stream as dead thief)

el oh el

link please?

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

For me the problem is the first part, before the split. If they were to just outright remove that and make us start at the bomb/door split, I’d be fine I think.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Being boring is reason enough for this fractal to have some significant changes done to it and devs themselves have said this fractal is unnecessarily long, why was there no changes?

Magumer Ranger

in Fractured

Havana.8625

And if you can run all four of those paths in the time it takes you to do one dredge fractal, I don’t want to run fractals with you.

I could say something nasty back, but I won’t. There’s enough of that on these forums. I will say that if those 4 paths sound time consuming to you then I’d like to run them with you and show you how to speedclear them . They are super fast and give 1.26g each! I’d rather teach than have to avoid running something with someone.

I’ll admit, I’m one of those dredge avoiders you speak of. It’s really faster to start over most times than it is to do dredge. I honestly would like to run fractals with you cause I’d like to see how you run through dredge (though I don’t believe it’s as fast as you think) and if any of the other fractals seem long or difficult, I think I can make them seem not that way.