28 year old looking for a guild of friends

in Guilds

Posted by: Pumpernickel.6132

Pumpernickel.6132

Hello. I am a 28 year old (now casual) player. I played WoW for seven+ years and used to be hardcore but because of real life responsibilities I am only able to play casually (a couple hours at night).

I left WoW several months ago and had an itch to play another mmo. I did not want to go back there so I have decided to give GW2 a try. One thing I know about MMOs is that it is most enjoyable to play with friends (friend keep you logging on day after day).

So I am looking for a guild/server to call home. I am mostly interested in PvE and some WvW. Keep in mind I am brand new so don’t really know the rope of the game yet but I would like people to do dungeons, dungeons story modes and fractals (sp?). I don’t care how big the guild is but I would rather a small guild where everyone is friendly and open than a large guild where everyone is a stranger.

Thanks!

in Guilds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Hi Pumpernickel,

How about a semi-large guild where everyone is friendly and open? I agree completely that the social aspect is the very best thing about MMOs. Alchemy Incorporated is a social guild on the Sorrows Furnace server. We do some of everything: dungeons, fractals, WvW, PvP and open world PvE; and, we have a good time doing it. Guild chat is rated “R” and we also have a mumble server available for those that want to use VoIP.

Check out our recruitment post and our guild forums and see if we might be a good choice.

Have fun!

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Heya,

Hrmmm… This could work, but there are a few bits of information that you should probably provide! Firstly, are you on a server currently or have you not chosen one yet (ie. brand new player)? Secondly, are you living in a region of the world closer to North America or Europe? Those will help guild recruiters figure out whether or not you are a good fit!

If you’re thinking of an NA server, then VZ might be a good fit! I will preface this that you seem quite interested in high-end PvE content with a bit of WvW in there, and that is pretty consistent with my guild, VZ, and what we do. I’m also 25 and an avid gamer myself, so we have a fair bit in common there to boot. That said, VZ is a medium-sized PvX guild on the Stormbluff Isle server. We do dungeon runs nightly, and have a fair few dungeon masters amongst our ranks. We also run Fractals a fair bit (though I will note we primarily run higher levels). We have guild bounties weekly for those lovely commendations, and are working our way to guild rushes for even more. I am also a commander in WvW, and lead periodically when interest is there. We play primarily in the EST timezone, and on weekdays in the evening, though weekends we play all day long. I also want to note that if you’re a brand new player, most of us don’t run around the wilderness; we’re primarily an end-game guild doing end-game things (and making gold!). To that end, we’d be happy to answer any questions you have as you level up and get accustomed to the game, I just don’t think you’d find anyone to adventure with as you level up your characters (most of us solo level).

If any of that sounds good, check VZ out! You can read more about the guild from the link in my signature, and if you have any questions let me know however you see fit and I’ll get back to you quickly. I hope to hear from you!

Regardless, good luck finding a solid guild that fits your needs.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Guilds

Posted by: Rits.4036

Rits.4036

Heya Pumpernickel,

Not sure which server you are on but if you happen to be on a different server, [UM] would love to have you join us either way by guesting. With the events and groups we run so often, most save the coin to switch in a matter of a week. We are an NA guild and are on primarily 5pm EST – 2am EST during the weekday and anytime during the weekend.

I sent you a PM with all of our guild’s details. If you ever have any questions, even if you only need help with the game itself, any of our staff would be more than happy to help. Good luck!

Contacts:
GMs- Rits.4036 & Slipstream.6045
Officers- Jinxey.4173 & Moriarty.6809

Grumpy Rits – A GrumpyCat/Charr Warrior
The Unholy Mackerels [UM]
Fort Aspenwood

in Guilds

Posted by: LLunatic.5280

LLunatic.5280

Check your PMs

Guild Master Forbidden
http://tinyurl.com/theforbidden
Come check us out!

in Guilds

Posted by: bobomonkey.3685

bobomonkey.3685

Hey Pumpernickel!

It sounds like you would fit right in with our crowd!

Order of Shadows that is an 18+ guild mostly comprised of family and friends, making it a very tight knit community that thrives on helping each other out and enjoying the game together. We have just over 45 members with about 20 or so active regularly. We have a vent server that we use when we do events together, and even sometimes when we’re just playing.
While we mostly focus on PvE, we do run events every week, everything from wvw, dungeons, fractals and we just unlocked the first guild mission and we’ll be scheduling those as well. We mostly run off of CST, however we have a large mix of time zones in the guild itself as well. We don’t expect attendance for anything since we all have lives outside the game which are way more important. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in check us out at http://www.orderofshadows.net to see our rules and officers or to even fill out an application. We do know most of our members on a first name basis so our whole website is not available for unregistered users to see in order to keep some privacy for our members. Please feel free to contact me here or in game if you have any questions.
On a side note the applications are not always working and the website provider is working on fixing this issue. If that happens please let us know in game you are interested in joining to get an invite!

Hope to hear from you soon, and if not I hope you find a great guild to call home!

-Bobomonkey

in Guilds

Posted by: myenchantedlife.3729

myenchantedlife.3729

Hi Pumpernickle!

Hedonism on the Ferguson’s Crossing server is a small guild with the friendly atmosphere you described.

I feel the same way about MMO’s as you do; it’s the people who make the game special. The thing I miss most from my WoW days are the friends I made along the way.

If you’d like to check us out and see what I put in writing about the type guild I’m building, I think you’ll find it’s exactly the type of guild you’re looking for and would be proud to represent. Go to http://hedo.guildportal.com and read the What is Hedonism and The Rules sections so you can see what I am talking about. If you have any questions, please let me know myenchantedlife.3729

Thanks for your time and good luck on your search!

Vel/Nichole
In Game: myenchantedlife.3729
Guild Portal Home: http://hedo.guildportal.com/

Vellerana, Guild Leader
Hedonism on Ferguson’s Crossing
Web Site: http://hedo.guildportal.com

in Guilds

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

Hello Pumpernickel,

I have read your post and wanted to reply and offer you a spot in our small cozy laid back guild, if you dont mind to change servers. You can try out the guild by guesting, which is free, before deciding on changing your home server.

It all depends if you are on a US or a EU server though.

We have members from Europe, the US, and other parts of the world.

We have 180 members atm, and we are steadily growing, but we
still maintain to keep the family feeling.

We have a mature member base, I would not mind taking a few
younger members, as long as it wont be the majority of our roster.

Although we are not huge, we have a very active group of people
now, we play every day and mostly play together in party.

We have weekly organized Guild Missions, WvW/PvP, Dungeon & FotM runs, and even Music Night, and our members do all those activities together with other guild members every day as well.

We use RaidCall to talk, and a lot of us are on there on a daily basis as well.

Please take a look at our forums: http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/

Guild name: We R In Style
Server: EU Underworld

I would say, give it a try, and who knows, you might like our little crazy bunch!

in game character: Lady Luna Loves/Lady Luna Love/Luna Lovess, whisper me any time.

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

in Guilds

Posted by: Galliard.5768

Galliard.5768

hey Pumpernickel,

Ehmry Bay server is home to Blood Raven Nightingales, a PvE oriented guild. Check out this thread for further details: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Ehmry-Bay-Small-and-Friendly-Guild/first#post1734837

I would love to answer any questions you might have – just send me a PM.

in Guilds

Posted by: Chaosx.2471

Chaosx.2471

Hi Pumpernickel!

I’d like to invite you to check out Cynical, our website is http://cynical-gw2.guildlaunch.com. You sound like you would be a good fit by what you have said in your post.

We are a semi-casual PVX, EST, NA Guild of approx. 140+ players on the Tarnished Coast server, currently a T2 server in WvWvW. On a normal night during primetime, we have approx. 50+ guild members on. We are all working class adults, and we do not recruit members below the age of 18. We regularly schedule PvE Events throughout the week, as well as Guild Missions, WvWvW, and Spvp as well.

WHAT WE OFFER:

• Dedicated nights to PvE/Guild Missions + Wv3( Guild Events each night!)
    *Guild Missions: Bounty, Trek , and Rush (Currently queued up to open)
  • Structured PVE, Wv3, Spvp, Questing, and Dungeon Groups
  • (PST & EST) Dungeon/Fractal Groups & Saturday Story Mode Dungeon Runs
  • Special Holiday Events & Contests
  • Dedicated Officer roles for each aspect of GW2; WvWvW, SPvP, and PvE
  • Guild website with calendar, private messaging, dedicated forums, and more!
  • Voice chat server is Mumble with tons of slots
  • A fun and friendly community of mmorpg veterans
  • Guild Mentoring Program & Inter-guild crafting
  • Guild Lottery, Contests, and Raffles
  • Full Guild Buffs & 250 Slot Guild bank, including M/F and gathering 24/7 (once guild missions are finished building)

WHAT WE ASK OF OUR MEMBERS:

• Members must be over the age of 18 years old, as we are an adult guild.
  • Members who are absent for more than a month with no forum post are removed
  • Members agree to ONLY rep CYN (personal Guild banks are allowed)
  • Members MUST have a microphone and use Mumble voice chat in Guild Groups
  • Members agree to log on to the guild website at least once a week. Members who do not log on after one month will be removed from Guild.
  • Members must treat one another with respect and dignity, and remember that when dealing with other guild members, real life takes precedence over game time.
  • Members will refrain from making racist or sexist remarks on Mumbe, or in guild chat, and keep in mind that not everyone has the same sense of humor.
  • Above all else, we ask each guild member to have fun!!

I’ve added you to friends, and I’ll try to contact you in game to see if we are a good fit for you. You can reach me in game as Sinner, via these forums, or feel free to apply to Cynical by clicking HERE

Best of luck in your search for a guild!

Sinner

Sinner – GM & Commander
[CYN] Cynical – http://cynicalgw2.com
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Guilds

Posted by: Takami.7015

Takami.7015

If interested, we’re a small PvE & WvW oriented guild on Piken Square. We play as a close knit group rather than a huge sprawling guild where it’s easy to get lost as just another number. We’re small but active! We often do content together in evenings and weekends.

Contact me in game @ Yu Takami if interested.

in Guilds

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

Sent you a pm about my guild Remnants of Hope. didn’t want to clutter your thread up mate.

in Guilds

Posted by: Oronis.2014

Oronis.2014

Hi Pumpernickel!

I’d love for you to take a look at us,

www.TribeGaming.com

For nearly 10 years, Tribe Gaming has been an active participant in the games you play. With its roots in Diablo II, Tribe has been a competitive community builder over the years in games such as Aion, Warhammer Online, World of Warcraft, TERA, and Rift.

Tribe Gaming currently has members in World of Warcraft, and Guild Wars 2 and are experiencing a golden age of success in those chapters.

We are looking to expand our player-base in Guild Wars 2 as a PvX guild, meaning that we enjoy all aspects of the game, WvW, PvE, and PvP.

About Our Culture and Community

Serious Fun: Tribe focuses on bringing together community oriented, sociable, engaging people who are also active, competent, success-driven players. We don’t want just one side of that coin, you need to be both. We are a group of "serious-fun" people that enjoy playing hard and overcoming challenges, and then kicking back, joking around, and enjoying each other’s company. A healthy sense of humor is a must. We reject players who we don’t feel would be a good culture fit with our group more often than we reject based on skill, or gear or previous success. We seek out members that are both good players and good people. New and experienced players that fit this competitive yet supportive profile are welcome.

Mature, Adult Player-base: Most members in Tribe are working adults, many married, some with families and children. We understand the constraints and needs that your personal life can play on your game time. Yet we also place a strong emphasis on personal responsibility and accountability. Tribe disagrees with the premise that how you act in a game can be different than how you may interact with people in your day-to-day life; Gaming IS real life. Lack of accountability towards other players on your team impacts them. Tribe members are conscientious of how their actions and words directly impact the play of their fellow community members.

Cross-game Community: Tribe is a very active community, playing a large number of online and offline games at any given time. Our focus is on the community over any specific game, so our forums receive dozens of posts daily as our members get to know each other. We enjoy playing other games for fun and mixing with other people in Tribe. When you join Tribe you join a gaming community first, and a specific guild second. Many of our members have been with us for several years. Tribe offers the flexibility to enjoy new games while still being a member of a strong and active community.

Lasting Friendships: Many of us are on a first name basis. We have a yearly gathering to meet, and people have attended each other’s weddings. We are an open and accepting community, and are always looking for more good people to come and be a part.

Our Goals in Guild Wars 2

* Be active and successful in WvWvW battles
* Supporting and helping members that wish to be successful and competitive in PvP(e-sport)
* Explore the rich PvE content and take part in many of the dynamic events the world will have to offer
* Complete our weekly guild missions (Bounties, Treks, and soon Rushes), in order to unlock additional missions and benefits.
* Maintaining an active member base to achieve the aforementioned goals

We are looking for the following qualities in our members:

* Skilled players that are willing to work with a team and its members to bring improvement as a whole
* Less experienced players that are willing to work hard and improve their game
* Mature Players looking to give and get respect while enjoying their gaming experience
* Social members that have and use a working mic when possible

Things you can expect

* Active Leadership
* Supportive and Knowledgeable guild mates
* Mumble Server
* A community larger than just Guild Wars

How to apply

1. Click here: tribegaming.com
2. Actively check your application for responses
3. Join us on our Mumble server and socialize

Oronis Tiltowait
Tribe
Stormbluff Isle

in Guilds

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

Hey there.
Jaded[Jade] is a fairly well established PvX guild on Darkhaven [US] recruiting active, friendly, and mature members!
We are a family-style guild looking to form long-term friendships through PvE and PvP. We have a forum (check us out there jaded.boards.net ) and a vent.
Even if you aren’t on Darkhaven you can still hang out in guild chat with us, guest with us now and then or run some dungeons cross server until you feel we are worth the transfer :p
Things you can expect from joining Jaded:
-friendly Guildies
-dungeon parties
-PvP, both WvW and Structured
-new friends
-an abnormal love for Quaggans
Some of our Guild Boosts include:
-10% Magic Find boost at all times
-5% Experience boost at all times
-15% Karma Boost on Saturdays
-Guild Stash, Treasure Trove, and Deep Cave all unlocked
Jaded is mostly comprised of members between the ages of 18 and 81.
We are most active during North American evenings.
Guild Co-Leaders:
- Vecuu Raine
- Raelin Flameseeker
- Shira Nolar
Officers:
-Duh General
-Lucien Blackmoon
-Luto locke
-Takiya Delyll
-Arentide Delyll
-Kaira Zuki
Hope to see you in game