Alchemy Inc [AI] on Sorrows Furnace NA

in Guilds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

AI has reformed for GW2 and we’re looking for a few good people to join the lunacy. We are a social guild that participates in PvE and WvW. We mostly play on the Sorrows Furnace server in the US, but if you aren’t into WvW feel free to join from any server.

Update 3/05/13

We haven’t been actively recruiting for awhile because we have a great group of players at the moment But since the Mission upgrade on 2/26 went live I’ve been seeing a lot of people who are looking for a larger guild to participate with. Our guild is running guild Bounty missions now. Even if you are interested in joining us to participate only in bounties and still prefer to represent another guild at other times that’s fine — we will welcome you.

Our rule:
Have fun, don’t be a jerk.

Things we value:
Game of Thrones, salty language peppered with wordplay and innuendo, www.deviantart.com, punctuation, quoting Princess Bride and Firefly, pie, and teaming up to play with guildmates and allies.

Things we do not appreciate:
PLAyIng bIG LetTEr LIttLE LetTEr, almost all types of hate speech unless it is directed at popular Texas politicians, l337 5p34k, whining in guild chat because no one wants to come do Queensland renown hearts, referring to things that are stupid or ridiculous as gay.

Things we require from our players:
Basic knowledge:
You must know that there are three variants of the word there and how to use each one:
There — Over yonder
They’re — what they be gonna do
Their — not your’n.

Maturity:
Basically this is an R Rated guild. We do not check ID’s at the door, but if we’re running a dungeon and your mom comes by and hears us using vulgarities in Mumble and makes you sign out we will be angry. At you. Most of our current roster is over 30.

Activity:
Since most of our roster is over 30 we also understand about kids, jobs, hobbies, aging parents etc. We’re good with you playing when you can. This is a very laid back environment.

The way the AI world works:
The developers, in their infinite wisdom, have allowed for multiple guilds in GW2. We don’t expect to be your only guild or to always have something on tap that will keep you entertained. We will have events and outtings, but it won’t be a constant thing. Go, play, have fun. For some of us AI is home, and if it becomes home for you too, that’s great; but, if you just want to visit, hang out, and have a few laughs that’s great too. Feel welcome to come and go as you please. I expect that all of us, including leadership, will sometimes go visit and play with other guilds. The one request is that if you are teaming with another guildie please represent AI so that we can get the influence. This isn’t a mandate, it’s just a request — we understand that there might be times when it seems more appropriate to represent another guild. We just ask that you keep our influence in mind too.

We have a group of allies that we have played with for several years. Their rules are different from ours and the rating in alliance chat is G to PG Light. Plus, they hug and stuff. shudder But, all in all they are great fun. Treat them as well as you would an AI’er and save the colorful language/stories for guild chat.

If you find you’re interested in playing with us you can say so at:
www.alchemyincorporated.net

Our forums are active and helpful with links to many excellent resources on the front page.

In Game you can contact:

Aye.8392
Rordan Anatoli
Gregorius
Clinkk
Xera Dreamweaver.6982
Machika
Doremi
Anna Lies
Ygritte of the Wild

edited: because the first attempt was rated 2 kittens.

The European segment of our guild is proving to be very demanding. Therefore, to keep them happy, I am including the word mirth in the recruitment post:

There’s mirth in this guild called AI.
And sometimes there’s even some pie.
So bring bow, sword or gun.
And join in the fun.
Get yourself an invite from Aye.

Author: Dex D

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Thursday, September 13 at 7:30pm CDTwe’re going to go into WvW and take something, probably a supply camp or tower, away from the bad guys. We’re new to WvW, but it’ll be fun, and there’s a chance we’ll get the monthly requirements completed too. Post on the AI forums at www.alchemyincorporated.net if you want to go along.

Be there! Or, be somewhere else.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Sir Cusfreak.5971

Sir Cusfreak.5971

Our other rule is: No “#*!@$%” jokes…unless they’re funny.
Snickering when someone says they’ve just gotten their monthly might get you bonus points.

(edited by Sir Cusfreak.5971)

in Guilds

Posted by: Gravedancer.3201

Gravedancer.3201

A good bunch of people. Helpful if you need it, but won’t pester or harass you if you just want to go off and do your own thing. I mean, sometimes a Norn just wants to kill Jotun on their own, listening to the Jotun’s dying screams as the blade pierces their spleen. The last moments of their beating heart as it slowly fades away. The crunch of the skull as… ah, I think you get the idea.

So come check out AI. There’s a website too, nothing fancy, flashy, and no boring applications to fill out. It’s a game after all, not a job. So come have fun… or not.

(edited by Gravedancer.3201)

in Guilds

Posted by: Xera Dreamweaver.6982

Xera Dreamweaver.6982

Well what can I say that hasn’t been said already? Yes, we are actively recruiting active players who play actively. We have Mumble for the vocal types, and we have events like guild WvW, play dates in which we run around like fools and kill things, and dungeon runs.

We have a laid back, friendly and encouraging environment within our guild where harmless forms of lunacy is generally tolerated and encouraged, however behavior such as hate speech in guild or general chat, referring to others as “bro”, and “my norn is bigger and stompier than your norn!” is frowned upon.

So if you are interested, click the link below so we can welcome you into the asylum!

Did I say asylum? Noooo, guild! I meant to say guild…..yeah that’s right.
*edited for one kitten. I can’t say &#$ hat?! What the #@#&?

http://www.alchemyincorporated.net/home

(edited by Xera Dreamweaver.6982)

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

“…“my norn is bigger and stompier than your norn!” is frowned upon.”

Wait, no one told me that?!

I may need to reconsider my decision ’cause my norn is bigger…

in Guilds

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

Nice recruitment message

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

You must know that there are three variants of the word there and how to use each one:
There — Over yonder
They’re — what they be gonna do
Their — not your’n.

Should left out the definition and you could have used it as a test for new members.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Although guild halls didn’t make it in the game for launch AI is full of capable and self-sufficient people, and we’ve created a guild hall of our own. The Crows Nest Tavern in Lions Arch, on the Sorrows Furnace Server, is now our own little baudy house. To find it start at Lions Court near the Traders Forum waypoint, go NW across the bridge, turn right and proceed up many, many, many steps. Table Dancing happens there. If you’re into barroom brawls watch out for Cap’n Smash the golem bouncer.

We’ll be having a group play date Friday, 9/21 at 8:30 pm CDT to take down the Shatterer, meeting at the guild hall at 8:00 CDT and proceeding from there for those that don’t already have the area open. Come join us and see if our guild might be a fun inclusion for your GW2 experience.

Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

in Guilds

Posted by: Xera Dreamweaver.6982

Xera Dreamweaver.6982

“…“my norn is bigger and stompier than your norn!” is frowned upon.”

Wait, no one told me that?!

I may need to reconsider my decision ’cause my norn is bigger…

You can HAVE a bigger norn, that is all well and good, just don’t be all ‘Neener neener, in ’yo face, broooooooo-nub! (or whatever stupid but currently in-vogue bro/leetspeak colloquialism)’ about it. We like our nubs and will defend them vigorously.

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

If anyone is interested in seeing what the guild is like, you’re welcome to join and lurk in our guild chat for awhile and just see if our guild suits you. There are no commitments, no applications to fill out, etc. Just contact Aye and tell him you’d like to check us out. If you stay, that’s great. If you don’t, no hard feelings.

As for active, as an example, I think before 9am this Sunday morning we had at least 10-12 people online. People talking about pancakes, crepes, teenagers, music, blueberries, etc. There was some game related chat sprinkled in there somewhere.

Seriously, a bunch of good helpful people…. and we have old people!

in Guilds

Posted by: tribeca.3729

tribeca.3729

Who do we contact in game?

in Guilds

Posted by: NebulaDust.5420

NebulaDust.5420

You’ve got my attention. I’ve been looking for a new place to call home for a week or so now as my current guild sort of dissolved on me. I’m currently on Fort Aspenwood, but wouldn’t mind moving. I have one more person who would probably follow me if I where to move. I added Aye.8392 and will try to make contact sometime today, but if anyone currently in the guild would like to add me and let me know what you think I’d love to hear from you.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

In Game you can contact

Aye.8392
Rordan Anatoli
Atavism Nihilism
Gregorious
Clinkk
Xera Dreamweaver.6982
Machika

We are adding a European branch on the Far Shiverpeaks Gunnars Hold server. I’d love to have everyone on Sorrows Furnace, but some of the European members have complained of latency and lag when they are on the NA servers.

Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

in Guilds

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

I too am interested in making this guild my home I added all the people on that list above and nobody appears to be online currently (unless I added them wrongly or something; I just copy/pasted the names individually into my friends list), but I’ll keep on the lookout

in Guilds

Sir Cusfreak.5971

The devs have glaringly omitted a function that allows us to earn a living IRL while playing (seriously, someone needs to address this, ANET. Get to it. This whole ‘have to earn a living IRL’ is crap, and it’s totally cutting into my play time, and really ruining my game experience. FIX IT NAO!)
But, until they do something about it, several of us are going to have to keep going to work. Its not fair, and they should have warned us about this before launch. But it’s true anyway. As soon as this work crap is done today, I’ll get you an invite.
-Sir Cusfreak (aka: Clinkk)

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

Yesterday’s question of the day: “Black cherry or mint chocolate chip ice cream?”

We have vacancies for good people looking to have fun while playing a game. The last thing anyone in AI wants is to turn this game into a second job (or maybe a first for some). We don’t do interviews, we don’t require another registration, and we don’t require an application. If we did, we’d ask something totally off the wall and unrelated to the game like which flavor of ice cream would you choose? So if you’re interested in joining, bring along your sense of humor and check your seriousness at the door.

in Guilds

Sir Cusfreak.5971

Grave, you cant tell em that! There’s gonna be a ton of seriousness, just piled up, all willy-nilly, right outside the door for anyone to trip over. Someone could break their neck. We have drunks, you know.
OK. here at AI, we’re not your mother, you have to clean up your own crap, alright? No littering the walkways or the doorsteps unless its with corpses.
And someone keeps putting Soiled Rags in the guild bank. C’mon.

But really, we’re growing quickly and you know what they say, “The Moor Will Marry Her.”
I don’t know why they say that, it makes no sense. But they do.
So, yeah.
Hit us up for an invite.

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

Okay, everyone watch out for the pile of seriousness outside of the door. It’s rather large and haphazardly arranged as no one cares about the seriousness.

We had fun in World vs World last night and plan on continuing more semi-organized romps out in the battlegrounds.

in Guilds

Sir Cusfreak.5971

We’re still looking for a few good heroes to join us for fun and meyhem.

We’ll be going back into WvW Thursday evening, and its a good chance for anyone who’s interested in AI to come hang out and play with us for a bit.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

There. Better?

You don’t get bold. Europeans are too reserved to be comfortable with bold type. I know this from my learnings.

Dear Moderator: Yes, this is a frivolous post. We are a frivolous guild. We have even had contests to determine our 3 favorite “F” words and frivolity was one of the finalists. So was Frolic. I’m not allowed to say some of the others or I will be punished with kittens. But, please do not infract me for being frivilous; I was born this way. Thank you for your time and understanding, Aye.

Aye:

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Turpenstein.8213

Turpenstein.8213

Yours is not a frivolous post – and neither is this as I am not a member of your guild. You guys make me laugh. Thank you for this gift of mirth on a slow day at the office.

Turpenstein
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

in Guilds

Posted by: LexusSinn.3985

LexusSinn.3985

omg, I loved this!!!

puts mah hand up oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh, pick me pick me

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

Umami are you kidding me? Frankincense smells like provenance, ancient manuscripts and historical awesomeness. Yankee Candles smell like married cougar night at Applebees.

Turpenstein
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

I’ve always wanted a Lexus Will send invite as soon as I can get home to the game.

Good to see you Turpenstein! Thanks for your comments. Gift of Mirth — that sounds like one of core pieces for the Legendary Weapons.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Gravedancer.3201

I was getting ready to log in and play some GW2, but I suddenly feel the need to buy some Yankee Candles.

Aye, I’m moving to Gunnars Hold cause I read that there are acres of land and a guild mistress awaiting settlers willing to live on the server and represent AI.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

For your reading enjoyment, and to enrich your world, AI offers Mirth poetry:

Dat feeling of mirth,
When you pwn an invader
In World vs. World.

Machika

There once was a fellow from Perth
That’s a place, prob’ly, somewhere on Earth.
I really don’t know
Geography? Didn’t go.
But now, this contains the word Mirth.

By S.C. Freak
CEO, Apple Maps
________

It’s hard rhyming words with MIRTH
There’s earth, girth, worth and rebirth
I would make up a word
Even if it’s absurd
But all I can think of is blurth

Anna Lies
________

Oh, I do love some mirth.
But my wife would rather have girth!
But she’ll have to make do.
With just a kiss or two.
Because I’d rather have mirth than more birth!

Dex D
________

I sit in a room with screams I’ve stilled
After doing my job and having killed
A family by their hearth,
Silencing their mirth,
I am now both paid and fulfilled.

A child’s smile, mirth, and
Gaiety are things to show
One’s humanity.

A feeling of mirth is a scary thing.
I’d rather hear the sirens sing.
They’d pull me deep
In a true final sleep
Away from these strange human beings.

Whether mirth or grief,
I cannot feel it. I am
Not programmed for it.

Loden

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Mirth mirth mirth mirth mirth

Or, my New and Improved version:

Mirth mirth mirth mirth mirth mirth mirth

Atavism Nihilism

There was a brave warrior from Kent
whose magnificent Greatsword got bent
in a moment of mirth
with a woman worth
every copper he’d ever spent.

There once was a fat fellow from Perth
his large heart was filled with mirth
his joy he did share
with an old Modniir
who was able to bear his great girth.

Rordan Anatoli

Loden can write death metal limericks!

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

…methinks myself besmirched. Or certainly bemirthed.

I’m feeling poetic m’self:

There once was a guild named AI,
Who joked about death, mirth and pie.
They liked to play games -
and to choose silly names.
(This is just for the bump, I won’t lie.)

Turpenstein

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Ha! Love the limerick Turpenstein. Too bad you have that guild of your own.

AI is headed back to WvW tomorrow night, if any of you would like to jump in and have some fun while checking out the guild you’re more than welcome. Just give me a shout and I’ll send an invite. There’s nothing to lose — if you don’t like the guild you can just slip away in the middle of the night without leaving a phone number.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

I like how we turn the recruitment message into a karaoke contest :P

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

/takes the mic…

I’m your only friend
I’m not your only friend
But I’m a little glowing friend
But really I’m not actually your friend
But I am…

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul
Not to put too fine a point on it
Say I’m the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

GOODNIGHT CLEVELAND!

Turpenstein

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Turpenstein? Google says you might be a giant. Are you a giant?

Would you like to come up for some coffee?

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Turpenstein.8213

WTK (that’s “what the kitten?”) is the deal with the coffee? I just like some karaoke. GIANT KARAOKE!

Turpenstein

in Guilds

Aye.8392

We’ve been laying low lately, enjoying getting to know all of our new members and taking some time off the recruitment trail. But now we’re ready for round 2 with a brand new tPvP officer, plans to ratchet up our WvW expertise, and baby frogs. Really. Tads.

Come play with us, you’ll like it.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

Are you guys running dungeons at all or mostly having fun in WvW? I want to do WvW, but right now I’m mostly looking for dungeon running to finish leveling up and save up for my 80 exotics before switching over to WvW.

in Guilds

Aye.8392

We do both. People are forming dungeon groups pretty much nightly in guild chat. We also do schedule dungeons through the website, but that’s mostly for the weekends and I doubt we’ll schedule any this weekend.

Right now Yaks Bend has us pretty well shut down in WvW — can’t even get out of the Citadel and off the cliffs easily — and my wager is it’ll stay that way until reset since the Halloween event is underway.

Tonight we’ll be having a playdate that isn’t about anything except getting together to play with guildies and allies and acting goofy.

If you want to jump in and see if we suit you you’d be more than welcome

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Sir Cusfreak.5971

We are again looking for a few fun people to join our ranks.
On a side note, we’re also looking for information about who keeps buttering the guild bank. Yes, you read that correctly.
Anyway, if you aren’t a member yet we don’t expect you to know who this heinous offender is, I only mention it so you understand what you’re walking into, because when you’re dealing with the kinds of people who would do something like that, it’s best to be prepared. For anything.

If (a) you find the thought of completely buttering a perfectly good guild bank funny, or (b) you snickered, or you’re still snickering, because I used the word heinous, then you’re in the wrong place. You should be on our forums instead.

(edited by Sir Cusfreak.5971)

in Guilds

Posted by: Nomadicus.2138

Nomadicus.2138

Im Selling butter in small stacks any takers :P

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Gee, thanks Nomadicus. That’s just what we need… A small arms dealer for the capitalistic reprobates that are intent on destroying the communistic hub of AI.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: Wolfhammer.3140

Wolfhammer.3140

Hi folks…. Would love to join the Gunnars Hold rabble… In game name is Jallepeno

SM – Gandarra

in Guilds

Posted by: Wolfhammer.3140

Wolfhammer.3140

Ok totally weird thing here.. Was in the process of registering on the website and discovered my e-mail address is already registered.. How can that happen? lol Who is Enjin?

SM – Gandarra

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Hey Wolfhammer

Yes, if you’ve ever belonged to another guild that hosts their website on Enjin then you’re already registered with Enjin and you just have to join our site

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Aye.8392

I’ve been off the recruiting trail for over three months and I’ve been debating whether or not to begin recruiting again for the past couple of weeks.

On one hand we have really great people in our guild right now; enough to do dungeons, fractals and be effective on our WvW outtings. But, I keep seeing people on the forums who are very sad about not being able to enjoy the new guild content because they belong to a small guild, and that just isn’t right.

If you’d like to join us and participate in the guild bounties just keep an eye on our website at www.alchemyincorporated.net for dates and times. Guild leaders you are also welcome to contact me about participating along with us — keep your guild, keep building your influence for the time that you can create your own missions, and play with us until it’s done. No requirements.

Or, if you’re looking for a full guild experience and AI sounds like a place you’d enjoy calling home you’re certainly more than welcome to give us a try!

I look forward to meeting new friends

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: ashammer.2359

ashammer.2359

Good afternoon,

I’m the Guild Leader of Wrath Incarnate (WIN). I stumbled upon your post here and was really interested in talking to you in-game regarding participating in your guild missions. My guild is about to unlock Bounties early next week but I was hoping a few of my senior members could experience it firsthand before we go ahead and do it as a Guild. Also, going forward it’d be nice to have a co-operative relationship for future missions and whatnot.

I’ve added you to my friends list and hopefully will run into you online

Edit: I forgot to mention that we are on SF as well

Guild Leader – Wrath Incarnate
http://www.wrathincarnate.com/

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Hey Ashammer Invitation sent, and I’m glad to hear from you. We’re doing a Tier 1 guild mission tonight, starting to hunt down targets at 8:00 CST, hoping to kick off the mission at about 8:30 CST. Hope to see you and yours there.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Had a great time playing alongside [WIN] last night. Finished the bounty with time to spare and enjoyed the company

If anyone is interested in joining AI just give a shout.

Aye

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Aye.8392

We’re going for another Tier 2 Bounty on Sunday 3/10. We’ll start tracking down some of the hard to find targets at 2:30 CDT and plan to kick the mission off a little after 3:00 CDT.

Troll Face Friday is cancelled this week because Thirsty is a traitor and is playing the Neverwinter Nights Beta.

Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: ashammer.2359

ashammer.2359

WIN had a great time the other night with AI!! We look forward to grouping together with another social guild much like our own.

Guild Leader – Wrath Incarnate
http://www.wrathincarnate.com/

in Guilds

Aye.8392

Hey, thanks Ryazz! It’s fun having other guilds to run with. In two days I’ve done 3 successful guild missions: AI’s (of course), one with RoMS and one with WIN. It’s been good fun for all of us

Multi-guilding is great. For missions the advantage for individual players is that you have a variety of days/times to choose from, so if one guild can’t meet your schedule you can pop over and play with another. The advantage for guilds is that if you don’t have enough people to complete a mission on your own you have built in help. Most guild leaders don’t take nearly as much advantage of multi-guilding as they should.

Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

in Guilds

Sir Cusfreak.5971

We are again looking for fun players to join our ranks.

[AI] turns six years old next week, which means we finally get to have actual FIRE on our birthday cake candles.

We like fire.