GW2 setup for multiple guilds

in Guilds

Posted by: Unknown.3679

Unknown.3679

I just like to tell everyone who own a guild or want to build a guild, STOP harassing your member about repping the guild. Everyone have multiple characters and have friends in different guild and different timezone. Stop the whispering asking them “to reps or else”, even if you ask nicely, it is still annoying when you play a certain character just to be with different group of people.

I have come to a point that I am afraid to log in and buried with multiple whisper from different guild asking to rep theirs. I resort to log in as invisible and not even playing with my friends.

Please be respectful to other privacy! They will rep your guild when they want to, not by forcing to. If you keep forcing other to rep, you are just chasing people away and continue with the cycle of inviting and leaving.

in Guilds

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Oh but come on they have cookies in this guild you should rep! We may even let you see the kittens we have in the closet. /sarc

I am building a team with our guild. If someone wants to be part of it rep and play. If not find another guild. We are not a 200 person guild. We have a core membership of frequent, dependable players who have fun and enjoy each others company. We have married couples, families and folks who have been friends for over decades. We have had folks join who were beggers, griefers, and those who refused to communicate. None of those work in a team environment and we asked them to leave or removed them. If you don’t want to rep the guild you belong to you shouldn’t be surprised people suspect your commitment to the guild. Why would someone want a guild member that was a ghost?

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in Guilds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

You have options Unknown. If you join a guild that asks for 100% representation you should be prepared to rep 100% of the time. Or to leave the guild. If that isn’t what you want then you should join guilds that allow or even encourage multi-guilding; they do exist. If you aren’t happy in your guild because of this issue then you should leave the guild, not expect them to change to suit you.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

Posted by: LLunatic.5280

LLunatic.5280

Alot of people prefer guilds that require 100% rep because it often causes the group to be closer. As Aye said, if you dont want to be in a guild that asks for 100% rep then leave it. There are guilds out there better suited for you that wont have a problem with you representing another guild. I suggest looking for such a guild.

Good luck to you.

Guild Master Forbidden
http://tinyurl.com/theforbidden
Come check us out!

in Guilds

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

There’s a bunch of ways to look at this topic.

On one hand, having a person who’s in the guild but never represents is basically the same as not having them as a member at all.

On the other hand forcing a member to be solely dedicated to your guild every second they’re logged in is, at least in my opinion, a bit desperate, and counterproductive in regards to creating a ‘closeness.’

I only request my members to represent our guild if they’re currently playing with other members and I haven’t really had any problems with no one representing.

Sometimes people have a reason not to rep and I like to make allowances for it (e.g. their kid might be playing on their account and they don’t rep because they might be too young to see the guild chat).

Your membership either has chemistry with one another or it doesn’t, and no amount of forced cohesion is going to remedy that. Being too restrictive can easily result in people looking for the door.

This game’s inclusion of multi-guild membership is a nice touch because it allows the formation of specialty and/or novelty guilds, which adds more dimension to the game.

At the end of the day, however, the truth of the matter is: your guild, your rules.

Just make sure you’re up front about it when recruiting so people know what they’re in for. Likewise, if you plan on multi-repping, make sure the guild(s) you join are on board with it.

Attachments:

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

in Guilds

Posted by: Vancien.1980

Vancien.1980

Multiple representation is stupid and a bad implemented format of diversity in my opinion. You don’t see it as a problem because you are not a guild leader and could care less about really contributing to a guilds growth and progression.

The fact of the matter is, representation is necessary for a guild to gain influence. If you only represent a guild for your own selfish, self centered focus on achieving obtaining or completing aspects of the game. What is the point in even being in a guild if you rarely ever represent them, don’t speak to anyone and play with your friends elsewhere all the time? It’s pointless.

To be completely honest with you, the excuse of “I do it to play with my friends” is stupid. So go play with your friends full time then. Why wouldn’t you want your friends to all be in the same guild anyway? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

We tried the multi-representation with our guild and what came about it was a group of people that never represented the guild. But when it came time to get something done, they would represent. Why should they reap the rewards of the loyal members that contribute to the influence gains of the guild full time? They shouldn’t. It is that simple.

And for the 400+ member guilds, they could care less if 80% represent other guilds most of the time. Their over flowing with influence from 20% of their member base. 40 to 60 people representing full time is more than enough to help acquire plenty of influence. In reality, their guild is really only those 40 to 60 people. The other 80% are leaches.

in Guilds

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I multi represent because different guilds are based around different ideas. Some specialize in WvW, or RP or PvE or just community. Should I be restricted to only playing an asura just because I enjoy my asura guild? No. That’s ridiculous. Should I require everybody I know to leave their current guilds and only play with me? No. Also ridiculous.

The truth is, if you require 100% rep, it’s more of a tantrum because them being there reping some of the time is equivelant to them only being on some of the time. Everybody has their own life, they divide their time according to their needs. Not yours. When I’m on specific toons, I’m all in for the guild of that toon. Whether it’s recruitment, gathering, guild function, questing with lowbies, anything. But I’m not going to give all my game time to everyone else. Ultimately, I’m here to have fun because I know what my life requires better than any guild leader who has one specific set of rules for everybody. The tighter those rules, the less people will be able and/or willing to adhere to them.

Obviously the OP wasn’t aware of the 100% rep requirements when they joined those guilds. That means there are multiple guild leaders who assume it’s a given rather than stating it upon recruitment. And my own experience has shown me that this is the case. Many guild leaders count it as a given because they are selfish enough to require all of your time for the guilds they started but it’s counter productive because me reping part of the time gives more benefit to the guild than me reping none of the time. The requirement works in other games when you can take a break on alts but it will work a lot less in this game.

So guildleaders may see it as selfishness on the members part while members will see it as selfishness on the guildleaders part. Better solution is for A-net to just make each character anonymous from each other (but that’s already in the suggestion forum). That way Guild leaders can just assume I’m not on.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Guilds

LLunatic.5280

This thread just proves the fact that different people think differently. I agreed 100% with what Vancien said in thier post when i first started playing GW2. But as time goes by i understand more of the other side of the coin too. If you are one of those specialty guilds then cool. If you a person that wants a different group of friends for each of your different aspects of the game then i guess that works for you. But if your a person who wants real, close, personal, FRIENDSHIPS with peole then youll probably be one of the ones that is interested in a group that has 100% representation required.

There are different types of guilds out there for different types of people. Cuz everyones different and wants different things. Some people are swingers, wont ever make sense to me but some people like that. Some people want to have multiple guilds, it may not make sense to me and i may not agree with it but i guess thats what works for them…

Find a guild thats offering the stuff you want. Find a guild thats asking the dedication you are willing to give. There are 1000s of guilds in GW2 to choose from. If your unhappy with the one your in maybe try something different. No point in arguing about it right?

Guild Master Forbidden
Come check us out!

in Guilds

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Llunatic. Words of wisdom. +1

in Guilds

Posted by: Kitsumeo.8754

Kitsumeo.8754

As a Guild Leader of a large guild I can tell you that it is rather annoying if members are scattered over all kind of guilds. We like to have our members represent as much as possible if not always. (we allow personal bank guild and some friend guilds with exception of how active they are.)

• We are building an active and friendly community where we try to cover all aspects pve, pvp and wvwvw. This requires active players who represent the guild.
  • Members that represent results in that we are able to call for members if needed for certain aspects of the game as well as the influence gained together can be used to build all the content available straight away. (No one is forced to do things they don’t want to do.)
  • Other than that we spend a lot of time on social media, forum, TS, Radio, guild events and what not to give our members an ever better and enjoyable experience while playing the game.
    This takes a lot of effort and cash to keep things up and running.
    The only thing we ask for is members to represent the guild.
  • I do respect players that like to be in specific guilds like pve only or RP or wvwvw only, ect. I don’t like it when members multi represent without saying anything.
    Also if a member is not representing 9/10 times this is rather useless for the members in the community:
    - The player not representing will not receive any guild chat party information, neither will our members get a responce.
    - The member not representing doesn’t contribute to the guilds influence, which other members work hard on so that the guild can unlock content which the community can enjoy.
    and those are just a few examples.

Players that don’t like to dedicate themselves to 1 guild should join guilds they like which don’t mind members representing multiple guilds.

Players that like to dedicate themselves to 1 guild should do so too.

This also goes for the guilds, a guild that wants their members to represent most of the time should make this aware before recruiting.

Everyone is free to choose what they want to do as it is their own time, but those who don’t communicate waste the time of others.
We all want to enjoy our time so everyone should respect the choices that are being made by player or guild.

Guild Leader of Whitelions [Claw]
Practise makes perfect.

in Guilds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

This thread just proves the fact that different people think differently. I agreed 100% with what Vancien said in thier post when i first started playing GW2. But as time goes by i understand more of the other side of the coin too. If you are one of those specialty guilds then cool. If you a person that wants a different group of friends for each of your different aspects of the game then i guess that works for you. But if your a person who wants real, close, personal, FRIENDSHIPS with peole then youll probably be one of the ones that is interested in a group that has 100% representation required.

I have to disagree here. My guildmates are my friends, and some of them are close friends. I don’t try to control their time any more than I try to control the time of friends that I see in the everyday world. I have had the same best friend for 40 years, we see each other regularly and still enjoy the company, but she doesn’t tell me that I can’t go to the movies with someone else, and I don’t tell her that if she chooses to spend the day at the park playing with her grandson that she’s abandoning me. My guild-mates are the same way. They can go and play somewhere else for a little while — they’ll be back soon enough and it’s not going to damage our friendship. Or maybe they “live” in another guild and just drop by to say hello every couple of weeks — that’s fine with me too. When they do choose to drop by I will enjoy the pleasure of their company. That social aspect is far more important to me than influence. I care about my guildmates because I like them, not because of the currency they can provide for my guild.

As just a guild leader, and without ever considering the friendship angle, I don’t expect that I can provide everything for every type of player 100% of the time. Even with running bounties/missions sometimes 3 times a week there are still people whose real life schedules conflict. In my reckoning it would be a shame for those players to miss personal rewards because of work schedules, when they could go run with another guild who needs and welcomes the help for those missions.

I have guild leaders who are also members of my guild that pop into guild chat, say hello, tell the members that are on and repping my guild at the time that they’re going to run a bounty, or that they have 2 spots for Arah open, and ask if anyone would like to go along with them. Lots of times that gives them the few extra people that they need to be successful — I consider that a good thing, both for the small guild and for my members that are looking for something to do at the time.

I figure the happier people are in their day-to-day game play the longer they’re going to keep playing the game; that translates directly to me being able to associate with them longer. That is my ultimate goal — a great game and great people to enjoy it with.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Guilds

LLunatic.5280

lol i said “probably”. I know that not everyone feels this way but the majority of the people i have come across that want close personal friendships also define that as being 100% representation… and a smaller guild.

Cuz face it, the human race is not so good at multitasking. They can give thier attention to several things at once but the quality of that attention is diminished with each new thing added to the list. For example i had a point in my life that i had 7 cats. I didnt know, nor was i really close to any of them like i am now that i only have a few. And even three is too many i would be much closer to them if i only had one.

Again as i said before though, whats the point in arguing a matter of opinion? The only person that can tell you what you like is you lol. The people that will enjoy your type of guild will be joining you and the people that like my type of guild will be joining me

Guild Master Forbidden
Come check us out!