Guilds too small for missions

in Guilds

Posted by: Whobear.9486

Whobear.9486

As all of us in small guilds know, Anet has recently decided to screw us all over. Most (or at least some) of us are unable for quite some time to be able to unlock guild missions. I have created a guild for all of us to band together to raise influence and do these missions together. As I see it, there are tons of benefits and little to no downside.

Representation will be completely unnecessary, just when we are going to do a mission or when you want to raise some influence for us.

The guild is on Sanctum of Rall, but anybody is welcome to join. If I am correctly informed, guesting will work with guild missions.

My plan is to create 1 rank for guild leaders of all guilds that are interested, and another for regular members. Guild leaders will all get a vote for when events will be held, but starting the missions will be left to me. Otherwise it would be chaos.

Other members are also welcome of course, if there are any players that would like to play without having the responsiblity of the usual guild.

All points are up for discussion and debate, as is the nature of a forum. If you have anything to add, please do share

If anyone is interested, please contact me, I would really like to stay in my small guild but still be able to do the missions.

(edited by Whobear.9486)

in Guilds

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Nice initiative Whobear, hopefully things pan out for your alliance.

in Guilds

Whobear.9486

I realized I didn’t clearly state this, but this is not a merging of guilds or in place of current guilds, but in addition to. Its purely on the side.

in Guilds

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Just a question, does guesting work for getting rewards? From my quick test so far I can’t access the guild armorer for the ascended gear since it’s not on my server.

EDIT: Nevermind, false alarm, there was another vender that had it.

(edited by Kirbyprime.2645)

in Guilds

Whobear.9486

I’m not sure, I thought I saw somewhere that it did but I’m not positive.

in Guilds

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Yeah, I couldn’t access the 2 normal venders, but there was a 3rd one with the new stuff that I could, false alarm.

in Guilds

Whobear.9486

Based on the lack of response, I’m under the impression everyone has either given up on small guilds or is uninterested in guild missions. Please contact me if you would like to preserve your small guild but still do the content.

in Guilds

Posted by: Darkkist.5412

Darkkist.5412

Starting a brand new guild a level 1 is only going to take more time to re build and get it to the required level and you would need it to be quite big and as you say its a ‘sideproject’ well as you know getting a guild to guild missions etc needs big focused guild so its not a surprise you got little response really !

On other hand plenty of big guilds out there that have fantastic communities and are really friendly and helpfull so why not just join one instead of dragging people into a ‘sideproject’ waste of your time and a waste of their time!

Darkkist – 80 Elementalist
Guild leader of Furious Rising
Ring of Fire

in Guilds

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

The main problem with this idea (aside from having to build all of your upgrades up from lvl 0 again) is that guild influence is tied to the server that it was earned on. Thus, unless everyone is on the same home server then you will not be contributing to the same pool of influence and instead it will be spread out across multiple realms — which won’t be any better of a situation than if people just remained in their own small guilds.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

in Guilds

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Whobear …nice idea but as others have pointed out.. it will take a lot of time and influence to do what you want.

If you and your friends are open to join another guild on SoR you are more then welcome to join us.. we are somewhat of a small guild but we also have all the ranks unlocked and enough influence to do/start guild missions.

If you have any questions please let me know.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/VENGEANCE-Sanctum-of-Rall-Recruiting/first#post1488323

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in Guilds

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Based on the lack of response, I’m under the impression everyone has either given up on small guilds or is uninterested in guild missions. Please contact me if you would like to preserve your small guild but still do the content.

The complete opposite for me. It’s because my small guild isn’t giving up on itself that we don’t like the idea of joining other guilds as a single guild. Absorbing small guilds into an alliance is utterly pointless given the reason for being in a small guild in the first place, at least for me. There is literally no difference between forming this frankenguild and abandoning a small guild to join a large guild.

in Guilds

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

I have a similar project that I initiated yesterday the MSGA. But the difference here is that the alliance guild is simply there to act as a roster for all available guilds to know who’s online and available to help with content and missions.