[Jade Quarry] Fresh lvl 80 looking for a home

in Guilds

Posted by: Derokah.6850

Derokah.6850

[Edit: fixed IGN]

I’ll be frank and to the point . . (My name isn’t Frank)

I am a returning Asuran Engineer who dropped the game suddenly after reaching lvl 80 a few months back due to RL issues.

I am looking for a friendly, mature, group of people who won’t mind a few noob questions here and there.

I am looking for a “close-knit” group of people. I play MMOs for the community first and foremost. I have known most of the online friends I keep in touch with for around 6-10 years.

I have yet to experience WvW, nor have I participated in any Dungeons beyond open-world event boss fights.

My Character’s IGN is Nhilas

Interests:
– PVE
– WvW
– Running zones with guildies (regardless of zone lvl)

MISC:
– I use a headset (Ventrilo/TS3/Mumble)
– My free hours typically fall in the evenings during weekdays and become scattered throughout the weekend.

MMOs I have played:
– Star Wars Galaxies – Quite possibly the best MMO of all time.
– Lineage 2
– Aion
– Tera

Below is an image of my Asuran Engineer in all his glory shortly after character creation.

Attachments:

(edited by Derokah.6850)

in Guilds

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

VexX might be a good place for you, we are a 250 person guild currently with around 50 of them online every day and normally we have 10-20 people on TS every night to do nightly dungeons/fractals/w.e people wanna do.

The Guild does very well influence wise so you really don’t need to worry about waiting for upgrades or anything we currently have Lv 6 poli finished, lv 6 Econ and art of war building with lv 6 arti waiting to be build with art of war finishes.

We have finished a T3 bounty today actually we will be doing another one Sat or Sun w/e the reset is were not 100% sure so your more than willing to come join us for that if u wanna get a feel for us than decide

http://www.vexxgaming.com/forums/index.php – Our forums

http://www.vexxgaming.com/ – Our website

If u wanna join either whisper myself, Starry Night, Crazy, Peebojam, Preyed, or Khrom

in Guilds

Derokah.6850

Heya Pritst, I think I remember you guys from Tera Online during the FGTs on Valley of Titans. I think Sinner was the branch lead at the time? I was in Divine.

I’ll send a whisper sometime and see if the boot fits. Although I’m a bit apprehensive when it comes to large multi-platform communities.

Thanks for the reply.

(edited by Derokah.6850)

in Guilds

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Hi mate

Would you be interested in moving servers at all?
My guild – Froody (FRDY) although currently small are looking to expand, yes it will take time but hopecully we will get there.
I have a recruitment thread here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Froody-FRDY-recruiting-Desolation/first#post1602080
Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Bry.

in Guilds

Derokah.6850

Hello Bry,

Unfortunately, I don’t plan on switching servers at this time. I do, however, appreciate your reply and your time. Thanks for the offer!

Good luck with your recruitment efforts!

in Guilds

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

No problems mate good luck and thanks

Bry.

in Guilds

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Hello, “not frank”!

I believe Decisive Action might be a nice guild for you. We are a medium-sized NA WvW guild (we are on Jade Quarry). Our focus is on WvW, but we also run some dungeons, and have guild bounties twice a week. We are working towards the rest of the guild missions atm.

We have around 100 members, and on WvW we run around in groups of 10ish people, trying to find some good fights, have fun, and kill some people! We use TS for coordination, movement, etc. We might not be big, but you would be surprised the number of times we roll over groups with twice our numbers.

Basically what we would like from you is:

1. Knowing how to be a team-player, and being friendly and kinda laid-back. We want to keep getting better and better, but we don’t want to achieve that by raging at people, telling someone off, or anything of the sort. If we wipe horribly for some reason, we’ll all laugh about it, port back and just head back into the fight.

2. Know how to communicate well, be able to call out if there’s an enemy flanking us, but also know how to listen, and follow the lead of whoever is on commander duty on that day.

Other links that might be usefull:
Our recruitment post, more about us, and some cool videos
Our website

There’s more videos of us in action on our website too, just go to the WvW memorable moments section. (that section is open for everyone).

I think that’s it
If you need any more info, feel free to PM me here or in-game.

Cheers!

P.S: Since you are on Jade Quarry already, I’d like to invite you to run with us one night, you can get on our TS and get to know everyone!

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in Guilds

Derokah.6850

Heya Luiz,

I took some time to check out your site, watch a few videos, and read the mission statement. I like what I’ve seen/read so far. You guys definitely have my attention. I sent you a PM here on the GW2 official forums and will continue to attempt to catch you online this weekend.

in Guilds

Posted by: Rogoth.8325

Rogoth.8325

Hi Nhilas,

Based on everything you mentioned you’re looking for, I think our guild, Ebon Verity, may be a good fit for you. Here’s a little bit about us:

Ebon Verity [EV] is a small, tight-knit, casual Jade Quarry guild. We believe the purpose of the game is to simply have fun and accomplish your goals. We are a PvX guild that is drama free and already has most of the guild upgrades complete (we are already at work on the new upgrades for guild missions).

Our rules are simple. If you like what you see in the guild, just be as active as you can. Multi-guilding is acceptable (if we don’t see you rep in a while, we’ll message you to check in and make sure you’re okay, but nothing major like threatening to kick you, lol). You must also be 16 years of age or older.

We play WvW frequently (always happy to help walk people through it) and are always happy to run dungeons and fractals. Most of our members are active at night (starting around 6pm EST). We have people of all skill ranges, so no worries if you ever have questions about the game.

If you’re interested, you can check out our website for some more information or talk to me here and in game. And if you decide not to join EV, feel free to still pester me in game if you ever need help or have questions. Good luck and hope to hear from you!