Just a lame Looking For Guild thread...

in Guilds

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Let me start off by saying, I’m a noob. Feel free to click the Back button now.

Still here? Alrighty then. I suppose that means you’d like to know a little about what I’m looking for in a guild. Are you ready? I’m a picky SOB.

Casual – Unfortunately, I tend to stay fairly busy, so I can’t make any activity commitments.
Laid back – If the word serious describes any aspect of your guild, it is probably not for me.
Humorous – Frequent laughs and general ridiculousness are a must!
Un-censored – I would like the freedom to drop an F-bomb if I feel so inclined.

As you can probably tell, I am more concerned with the peeps, than the various gameplay aspects most people seem to be concerned with when finding a guild. I want to have fun and joke around while I play.

And lastly (yes, I know, another friggin demand)…

New – I don’t want to join an older guild with 50+ members, all with three lvl 80’s. I’m very interested in helping a new guild with some awesome peeps get off the ground. Being a noob and all, there’s probably not much I can realistically do to help, but I can dream…

I’m not really invested in the chars I have, nor my current server, so I’d gladly transfer if need be.

Anyways, I’m done babbling now, so you can go on with your life and try to forget about the time I just successfully stole from you. If by some miracle you don’t hate me now and would like to chat, hit me up.

[Yay]

in Guilds

Posted by: Rogoth.8325

Rogoth.8325

Hey Morbyd,

Based on everything you’re looking for in a guild, I think our guild, Ebon Verity, would be a good fit for you. Here’s a little bit about us:

Ebon Verity [EV] is a small, casual Jade Quarry guild. We are fairly new and looking for people to give ideas and help us grow over time. We believe the purpose of the game is to simply have fun and accomplish your goals. We are a PvX guild that is drama free and already has most of the guild upgrades complete (we are already at work on the new upgrades for guild missions).

Our rules are simple. If you like what you see in the guild, just be as active as you can. Multi-guilding is acceptable. You must also be 16 years of age or older (we like to curse a lot, lol).

We love to play together in WvW, do dungeons/fractals, randomly explore, etc. We also have players of all skill levels and enjoy helping teach others various aspects of the game.

If you’re interested, feel free to message me here or in game any questions you may have or check out our website. And even if you decide not to join, feel free to pester me in game if you ever need help with anything. Hope to hear from you soon!

in Guilds

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Thanks for the info Rogoth. Sounds good. I’ll check out the site tomorrow, when I’m not ded tired.

[Yay]

in Guilds

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Hi mate

Would you be interested in moving servers at all?
My guild – Froody (FRDY) although currently small are looking to expand, yes it will take time but hopecully we will get there.
I have a recruitment thread here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Froody-FRDY-recruiting-Desolation/first#post1602080
Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Bry.

in Guilds

Posted by: Shifty.9370

Shifty.9370

Hey Morbyd, I’ll add you in-game and give you a description of what our clan is like but basically we are a multi-gaming community that is very laid back, we are starting to become more active in GW2 and grow the guild. We have Teamspeak, forums and play lots of other games (Arma2, LoL, BF3, Minecraft, Black Ops 2)

in Guilds

Posted by: RIM.9321

RIM.9321

Hi lame, noob, dreamer guy!
I really like your post. I was in bed starring @ my ipod, & after seeing your post decided to get off my “kitten” and respond. We have different personalities that mesh pretty well. I have a good chunk of people from my swtor days, we were from a guild based on drinking booze and doing operations (raids name of guild was Imperial Boozers), we did a pretty good job. Now I just run more casual the name is “Brain Eaters Inc” on dragonbrand. I hope to have other people willing to lead different events. It could be spontaneous runs or more scheduled.. this is one reason why I do really enjoy dreamers. I never kick any one from cussing unless you are being an kitten to someone. We have a website below. Oh yeah we are new and growing. I do not like pugging (ie bulking up & getting really interesting people), but I also want to cover a of ground, some times I pug. I’m trying to at least pug One time while I play at some point. I’m not like in a huge rush to bulk up, but we do have another person actively looking for people too.. any ways I can go on and on. I’ll be on a few times today probably mostly later. If you sign up on the site I can invite you from there as well. Have a good one!!!!!!!

-Abigail Blattodea.. (this is the biggest post to a personal lf guild request I ever posted)

GM of Brain Eaters Inc [Luv] on Dragonbrand.
http://braineatersinc.shivtr.com

in Guilds

Posted by: RIM.9321

RIM.9321

sry I don’t know why I assumed you are a guy.. You could be a female. I tried to edit it, but it won’t let me. yay Good day!

GM of Brain Eaters Inc [Luv] on Dragonbrand.
http://braineatersinc.shivtr.com

in Guilds

Posted by: bobomonkey.3685

bobomonkey.3685

Hello Morbyd!

We’ve got a Small/Medium sized guild on Darkhaven called Order of Shadows that is an 18+ guild mostly comprised of family and friends, making it a very tight knit community that thrives on helping each other out and enjoying the game together. We’d be more than happy to welcome you to our group as well!

We have just under 40 members with about 20 or so active regularly, if this sounds like something that would work for you. We are a mix of new and old players and our guild has grown a lot recently since we used to be more like 7 active players and 20 people total. We are more than happy to teach new players the ropes.

While we mostly focus on PvE, we do run events every week, everything from wvw, dungeons, fractals and once guild missions are in we’ll be scheduling those as well. We mostly run off of CST, however we have a large mix of time zones in the guild itself as well. We don’t expect attendance for anything since we all have lives outside the game which are way more important. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in check us out at http://www.orderofshadows.net and you can also PM either here or in game if you have any questions for me as well. We have a vent server that we use when we do events together, and even sometimes when we’re just playing.

As far as our server goes it’s fairly well populated in PvE and we’ve won the last few WvW matchups we’ve had as well. We’re also ranked within the top 15 WvW servers the last time I checked.

I really hope you’ll check us out and think about joining us!

I hope to hear from you soon, and if not I hope you find a great guild to call home!

-Bobomonkey

(edited by bobomonkey.3685)

in Guilds

Posted by: sinthetix.8765

sinthetix.8765

We aren’t new (that’s the only feature you requested we don’t fill) but we don’t feel like a bunch of old people that won’t let you in (we’re not a clique, we’re a community). We welcome new ideas, new mentors, and we’re very relaxed. Just give us a shot… we have tons of leveling n00bs. ^_~

http://www.obeythelime.com

Nocturne of Thix, Lime Overlord and Community Leader of Tonic: www.obeythelime.com

in Guilds

Posted by: Ashandra.9205

Ashandra.9205

Hi there, Morbyd! Sounds like Ascended Legion [AL] could be the guild for you.
Your description there has us pretty dead-on!

About Us:
We are a small guild of incredibly rowdy people who like to have fun in-game while chatting on our Mumble (voice chat thingamajig like Ventrilo and TeamSpeak) server. We run all the dungeons, fractals, dailies, events and some WvW. We never take ourselves too seriously, but we are experienced and competent players. We are a close-knit group that sound like we’ve known each other for years, but really we just picked up some of these folks in Queensdale. We are mostly from all over the US and in our 20’s, with some exceptions.

What We Are Looking For:

• We are on Yak’s Bend, please either be on the server or transfer to it as soon as you can.
  • Fun, open-minded individuals. Your age doesn’t matter but if you’re either a minor or a bit “advanced” on the years – be warned that we can be pretty darn vulgar.
  • You don’t have to be as talkative as some of us, but as previously stated we are lovingly rude to each other. If you are at all sensitive, walk away! This is not the guild for you.
  • Your level and experience does not matter, all you need is a willingness to learn and ability to listen.

Who To Talk To:
To get recruited and see whether you mesh well with us or not – contact our guild leader Vitalis Dverran, officers Ashandra Felsword (me) and Marmos Vanders. You may send any of us a whisper or in-game mail.

in Guilds

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Jeeeez, I skip the forums for just a couple of days and I miss a perfect guildie!

Morbyd, in the unlikely event that you haven’t already found a great guild, please allow me to introduce Alchemy Incorporated: We are all of those things that you say you want, humorous (well, at least we like pointing and laughing at Sir Cusfreak), casual, laidback… Really, we are like the Jimmy Buffet of guilds. Plus, we do stuff in the game like dungeons and fractals and missions and WvW. It’s a fun guild. You should check us out.

Recruitment thread.

Guild forums.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace