LFG that RPs while questing

in Guilds

Posted by: cyberqat.9238

cyberqat.9238

I’m a 35 year pen and paper roleplay veteran and have played MMORPGs going back to AOL’s original NWN.

I’m a method actor. For me, a great deal of the fun is going deep into character and you will not see me talk much about myself in game. I also write back-story and tween-story posts and enjoy interaction with other characters that develops my characterization.

What I am NOT into is attempts to create “drama”, “plotting” or sit-around and just play pretend for long periods in game. I don’t “event” as such, believing that RP is something that should be done as you play the game, not something separate you do.

My style of play leans very much to the serious acting and literary questions of “what would a person actually in this world be like and do.” I strongly dislike god-modding and teen power fantasies. I equally dislike the “let me tell you all about my horrible past” emo school of play. I DETEST people who want to play WoD in every MMORPG they try.

I am neutral on ERP. I can do it, I can also do “fade to black”, as the other player prefers. I haven’t found that one or the other is more or less good for character development, but the point must be that the ERP grows out of and strengthens the character development and is not just a substitute for “phone sex.”

I know this is a lot of likes and dislikes, but if this seems to fit with your guild’s play approach, please message me. I am on Tarnished Coast and would prefer to stay there but Id be willing to consider a server move for the right group.

(edited by cyberqat.9238)

in Guilds

Posted by: cyberqat.9238

cyberqat.9238

Oh, I should also mention that my primary is currently only level 9 and Im not looking to rush to end game. I want to play with people with whom I can enjoy the journey

in Guilds

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

Ahh AOL’s NWN I remember those days.