Looking for a casual social guild

in Guilds

Posted by: fireboytroy.8147

fireboytroy.8147

First I’ll start with a bit about myself:

I’m an American living in Japan, I speak both languages, but prefer English. I will be mostly playing between 4 p.m. to midnight JST, which is about midnight to 8 a.m. on the U.S. Servers.

I’m not particularly good at the game. I die a LOT. I’ve played 98 hours, died 84 times, and am a level 45 necromancer, which focused on minion control to find it kind of useless. I’m likely to roll up a new character or re-spec shortly. I like to joke around, and am currently working towards 100% map exploration, mastering trading post trading, and dungeons, but would like to break into WvWvW and sPvP.

What I’m looking for in a guild
1. People that are going to be online in my timezone.
2. Voice chat of some sort, with a casual atmosphere. (This is important, I view this as a social game and would love to be able to joke or talk about current events that are off-topic while playing. If all you do is discuss strategy and the game itself, I think you lose most of the social aspect of the game)
3. A website with a calendar that has frequent events and a forum of some sort. I would like to get involved in organized dungeon runs, PvE group event chains, PvP and WvW raids, but would like them to be alternating (It would be nice to find a guild that is not strictly focused on one or the other). I’ve also been figuring a lot of ins and outs on how to make gold on the trading post, and would love to have a forum to share those on with a guild.

What I’m trying to avoid
1. Complex rank structures. I already deal with that enough at work, and I don’t want to take the game or the guild that seriously.
2. Mandatory gold, item, or time contributions. I’m sorry, but I just won’t always be able to meet them. I’m married and in the military, and in Japan. I may not always have time every week, and may miss raids or other contribution requirements. (especially when I get deployed for months at a time).
3. Over-use of acronyms, ’lite speak, bad grammar, mixed-cased typing, etc. I like clear well-written communication.

A few fun likes and things I enjoy: The Daily Show/Colbert Report, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (movie and books), current events, fun adventures while traveling the real world, trying new beers and wines, etc. Finally, I currently have no home world loyalty, and am willing to transfer servers if I can find a guild that is the right fit.

Also, I apparently type too much…

in Guilds

Posted by: Kefka.9247

Kefka.9247

We’ve got about a dozen people in our humble guild on Anvil Rock. We’re all professionals, and family folk. Grown and mature. We have a good time, and kind of all just get behind whatever we happen to want to do as a guild. We don’t really have a focus, but I’d call us above average in everything. We’ve been looking for a few more friends to replace the folks we left behind in Warcraft. Those home wrecking pandas left us in a missing wing formation. We play mostly prime time like 5pm-12am Central, but on the weekends we’re all over. Usually pulling all nighters in WvW. We demand nothing but the desire to make some friends, and fit into a team. We don’t tolerate ignorant racism or bigotry in any fashion. We’re not power gamers. We range in age from mid 20s to 40s. This is our hobby, our zen if you will, and we’d love it if you came and gave it a look.

“Lure with bait. Strike with chaos.” ~Sun Tzu~

in Guilds

Posted by: JazzCandy.9401

JazzCandy.9401

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Serpentis-Gaming/first#post294326

we might be what your after, were mostly active 4pm – > 1am gmt +0 ( london )

not sure if that fits with you but we are growing, if you check out our site :

SerpentisGaming.com

youll see we have calenders ect, although not much is set up for GW2 yet as were just getting started, youll be able to preview what we will become via our efforts in other mmo’s.

eitherway, best of luck to you

in Guilds

Posted by: Danneh.8520

Danneh.8520

Leader/Commander of [ Pirate Gaming ] (IGN: Danneh.8520)
Web: www.pirategaming.co.uk
Public teamspeak: ts.pirategaming.co.uk

in Guilds

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Lucky Stars is recruiting, we have quite a few Asian members including several fluent in Japanese. Currently we have about 65+ members averaging abut 10+ people online at all times, so I’m sure they’ll be enough people online in JST time.

Hello, Lucky Stars is recruiting ~ we are the epitome of a casual guild

Lucky Star recruitment thread

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in Guilds

Posted by: LLunatic.5280

LLunatic.5280

You do sound like you could be a good fit for Forbidden however with you being in Japan i wonder what your normal game times are. We tend to try to hold events in the evening PST but i fear that would be the middle of the night for you =/

I wish you all the best of luck in finding the guild that best fits you!

Guild Master Forbidden
http://tinyurl.com/theforbidden
Come check us out!

in Guilds

Posted by: Bizarius.3169

Bizarius.3169

If I had to make a choice in here, I’d have gone for Lucky Stars. A sexy guild name, combined with a seemingly very friendly and personalized recruitment message would do the trick for me. Also, they seem to be a pretty good fit.

Also, I’m by no means affiliated with Lucky Stars, I just like to point out when people do good.

in Guilds

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

Looking for a good fit is challenge for sure

Here is who we are:
~Ministry of the Crescent Moon~
21+ Guild. Average guild player age is 25 to 30.
We are a US based, laid back mature group of people, most of whom have been gaming for 10+ years. We pride ourselves on our dry humor, laughter, and having good times with good people. We strive to uphold a positive game etiquette, and to maintain a respectful game play environment. We are about enjoying all the game has to offer and helping each other progress through the content. If you are looking for a laid back guild free of mindless childish chatter who offer some dry humorous antidotes to escape the daily real life grind then our guild is for you. We are real life adults (certified!), we are experienced gamers, with professions, real life obligations outside the game. We don’t equate real life self esteem with how much we can crit in a dungeon, though we pride ourselves on our mad skills
We don’t try to add add quantity to our roster, only quality people.
If you are friendly, slightly crazy but in a good way and don’t mind laughing so hard from guild chat you run off cliffs & pull 20 centaurs at once, then this is a good fit for you.

Requirements:
Simply-We want to be a good fit for you, as well as you being a good fit for us.

It seems that there are a lot of guilds out there that have what we consider to be ludicrous requirements for membership.

“Moonies” are not required to spend any “set” amount of time in game. Log in when you feel like it. Once in, spend your time doing what is fun for you. If you like dungeons and pvp, enjoy! If those things are not your cup of tea, by all means, don’t do them! Keep your money! We will not “tax” you or ask you to contribute real life or game cash for anything. Ever. Group and participate in guild chat if/when you feel like it. Quietly do your thing solo if that’s what you enjoy.

It’s your game! You have and are paying for this journey. We just want to share it with you and hopefully make it a little more fun and entertaining.

If you are looking for a fun group of friendly, drama free, helpful, and utterly goofy people to play with, you have found it! Humor is our Medicine! ~PVE~PVP~WvW~Ventrilo

http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

Fill out an application on our site and send a PM to any officer on homepage if you feel we are a good fit for you.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com