New player seeking guild

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: antiirony.3278

antiirony.3278

Hello there, I’m a relatively new player who had just hit lvl 80 with a ranger. I’m in the US server, Darkhaven.

Yes, ranger. I didn’t know better back then, and later decided to stick it out anyway because I always enjoyed playing ranged classes in MMORPG.)

Anyway, I plan to roll a guardian or elementalist next. In the meantime, I’d love to try dungeons and such with my ranger.

If you don’t mind the fact that my current lvl 80 is a ranger with only gold gear, I’d be happy to join your active guild. Oh, and I’m Malaysian, but during the weekends, the time zone difference doesn’t matter and we’ll all catch up and have fun

(edited by antiirony.3278)

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: jabberjabber.6804

jabberjabber.6804

Dear antiirony,

I am not sure what server you are on, so apologies if you are not able to guest or play on EU servers. But I wanted to reply to your post as we run a small and friendly Australian-based guild on the EU Fissure of Woe server. Our members are from all over (i.e. not just Australia), and our peak evening time activity corresponds to the time zones that you want (and with daylight savings ending soon in Australia, we are only 1 hour apart in terms of timezones from Aust. East Coast to Malaysia). Therefore, I think we’re well suited to your needs and would like to offer you a place with us in our guild, Alpharius [Alph].

We focus on PvE, and have a strong and stable presence in WvW. Our full information can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Guild-Wars-2-Guild-Compendium/page/16#post1403185 and our most recent recruitment post is here.

What we ask is that members keep it positive, civil and polite, refrain from profanity and insults (similar to the rules on this forum really), represent the guild in a positive manner (including giving helpful feedback, and suggestions on what to spend guild points on, and generally saying g’day to fellow guild members), help each other if practicable, and importantly: have fun!

We’d be happy to hear from you, either here or in game via pm or whisper.
Best regards,
jabberjabber

Commander Aldronia
Guild Leader of Alpharius [Alph]: a PvX guild in Gandara

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: WynterRaven.7208

WynterRaven.7208

Hi Antiirony

Firstly congratulations on hitting level 80!

We have a small guild on the Ehmry Bay server with a mainly oceanic timezone. Our guild name is Blood Raven Nightingales. We have a couple of people from a similar time zone to you plus the Aussie contingent is also in a similar time so you won’t be playing alone on week nights if you join with us.

We share a love for PvE and have started to explore dungeons. We have Ventrilo for dungeon runs and also a forum website for communication with all guild members.

We have a few players on different servers. I would hope to see more people on the Ehmry Bay server but we prefer to create friendships, share events and dungeons and maybe one day have others move over to our server but we will never pressure anyone to do so.

We are quite small, the guild roster says 14 members but there are a couple of alt accounts from current members and a couple of inactive members in the mix at the moment. However, we have about seven of us that are quite active and play weekends and week nights.

If you are interested to talk about the possibility of joining us, please contact me in game or send me a message via the forums.

Hope to hear from you soon.

WynterRaven

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

antiirony.3278

WynterRaven, thanks! I’ll drop you note in the game.

Jabberjabber, I’m definitely intrigued since our time zones aren’t drastically apart, but I’m playing in the US server. Do I have to start again if I head over to the EU server?

(edited by antiirony.3278)

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

WynterRaven.7208

ok no worries, I am online

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: jabberjabber.6804

jabberjabber.6804

Jabberjabber, I’m definitely intrigued since our time zones aren’t drastically apart, but I’m playing in the US server. Do I have to start again if I head over to the EU server?

There are 2 ways. Firstly, a paid transfer can be done for a few hundred gems. However, if you want to transfer for free, then all existing characters would have to be deleted.

I really don’t want you to do either. I would feel very bad since you haven’t even “guested” with our guild to try us out (I would recommend any prospective guildmate should “guest” before committing). At the risk of losing a prospective guildmate, but wanting to do the right thing for you: I would suggest that you look for an Oceanic-based guild on your home NA server in the first instance — I believe there are plenty, and I’m sure you’ll get more offers here soon from NA Oceanic guilds (I think WynterRaven’s guild above would be good for you, for instance, as it is a NA Oceanic guild – I’m sure WynterRaven would say similar but opposite things for an EU based person as well).

Commander Aldronia
Guild Leader of Alpharius [Alph]: a PvX guild in Gandara

(edited by jabberjabber.6804)

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

WynterRaven.7208

Indeed I would.

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

antiirony.3278

Got it. I just checked, it will cost me 1,800 gems to transfer to another heavily populated world on the same server, yikes!

I have edited my post to add my world and server. Hopefully someone “closer to home” will give me a call!

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

Sent you a pm about my guild, remnants of hope.

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: bobomonkey.3685

bobomonkey.3685

Hello antiirony!

We’ve got a Small/Medium sized guild on Darkhaven called Order of Shadows that is an 18+ guild mostly comprised of family and friends, making it a very tight knit community that thrives on helping each other out and enjoying the game together. We’d be more than happy to welcome you to our family as well!

We have just over 40 members with about 20 or so active regularly, if this sounds like something that would work for you.

While we mostly focus on PvE, we do run events every week, everything from wvw, dungeons, fractals and we just unlocked the first guild missions and we’ll be scheduling those as well. We mostly run off of CST, however we have a large mix of time zones in the guild itself as well. We don’t expect attendance for anything since we all have lives outside the game which are way more important, but we do encourage everyone to join in. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in check us out at http://www.orderofshadows.net and you can also PM me in game if you have any questions for me as well. We have a vent server that we use when we do events together, and even sometimes when we’re just playing.

I really hope you’ll check us out and think about joining us!

I hope to hear from you soon, and if not I hope you find a great guild to call home!

-Bobomonkey

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

antiirony.3278

Thanks all who replied. I’d check out the guild webpages later once I get back from work. (Yes, I’m surfing at work – sorry, boss…)

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: revx.4378

revx.4378

Hi Antiirony,

How are you? I understand that you might be adverse to changing servers, but I would still like to introduce you to the Guild Wars2 division from the PM|H2O Clan.

Just as a quick background to the PMS Clan and its Guild Wars 2 Division:
*PMS|H2O Clan is one of the largest multigame, multiplatform gaming clans in the world.
*The GW2 Division was rather recently set up and currently consists of about 10-15 members. We might be small, but we are a group of core players, and we are really close~
*We are very international, with players from all over the world.
*The guild is based in Yaks Bend.

If you would like to find out if the PMS Clan is the community for you, please PM me on the forums, and/or you could visit www.pmsclan.com.

I do hope you find your home in GW2 – and see you in game~

Best Regards,
PMS RevX (revx.4378)
Practice Manager
PMS|H2O GW2 Division

RevX PMS
PMS|H2O Guild Wars 2 Division Co-Leader

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: Jaskra.6940

Jaskra.6940

Heya Antiirony!

Congratulations on Level 80! There is nothing wrong with being a Ranger, did you know they can solo dungeons?!? Pretty impressive I’d say, check it out on YouTube. =D

I see you stated you’re on Darkhaven, our guild is on Blackgate, I’m not sure if you’re looking at guilds off-server or not. If you are I’d encourage you to take a look at ours.
I Wanna Be a Super Villain [EVIL] might just be the guild for you! We’re looking for active new members!

About Us

We’re a large adult PvE/PvX guild that provides you a casual gaming community. The primary objective of the guild is to play and chat with our fellow guildies by exploring the maps, questing, defeating dungeons, completing challenging jumping puzzles, and participating in WvW.

Upgrades/Boots

Current upgrades can be found on the front page of the guild website. We try to maintain guild boosts for our guild mates while we develop the guild mission upgrades. These boosts include: +5% EXP, +10% Magic Find, +15% Karma, +10 Gathering Bonus. We’re also looking forward to participating in the new Guild Mission system! We are currently building Guild Bounties Unlock so we can start Guild Missions and it will finished tomorrow!

Through grouping and playing together we have and will continue to accrue influence to maintain boosts and future guild mission upgrades that benefit all members and help create an active environment. EVIL is trying to take over the world, one innocent bystander at a time. We would look forward to playing with you in the game!

Website

We have an active website and use it for mass communication. Members should check regularly for guild updates and mission schedules! The purpose for this website is to have a place outside of game for guild communication and where players can share information. The website is regularly updated with guild news and the banner typically changes monthly depending on the holiday. You can see our current upgrade and boost list on our website, via screenshots. =)

TeamSpeak 3

EVIL has it’s own TeamSpeak 3 server available! =) TeamSpeak is highly beneficial for organized guild events (like the mission system) and for dungeons. In such a fast paced gameplay environment swift communication is crucial! There is no better way to communicate than via a VOIP (voice chat system) like TeamsSpeak. As such we highly encourage its use for dungeon runs and map completion groups! We would love for you to join us there and chat! If you would like to talk to a GM before deciding to join we can give you a temporary password to chat with us. =)

Representation

EVIL requires 100% representation. We have tried to be lax in our requirement of it previously and it has only ended up being detrimental to the social aspect of the guild. The only exception is if you are sharing a small guild between friends for the purposes of using a personal guild bank. It is preferable that you already have one built rather than being in the process of building one.

Guild Policies

If you would like a specific list of policies and regulations that the guild maintains they can be found here: http://gw2-evil.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2047767&gid=288976

Contact Information

If you would like to talk to me personally please PM me, respond to this post, or contact me, the co-guild leader, or one of our officers in game:

Server: Blackgate
Character: Jaskra Ryonative [Guild Leader]
ID: Jaskra.6940

Other Contacts:
nideovinja.2543 [Co-Guild Leader]
Laurel McFang.7159 [Officer]
archilles.3185 [Officer]

Jaskra Ryonative ~ Mesmer
Meredith Nic Éssus ~ Necromancer
[Blackgate]

(edited by Jaskra.6940)

New player seeking guild

in Guilds

Posted by: Sharess.3047

Sharess.3047

Hey Anti, I sent you a private Message in regards to Tribe [TRB] on Jade Quarry. We use Mumble (not Ventrilo) and are a very active/helpful guild.

I will also try to reach you ingame. Hope to hear back from you and best of luck in your search.

~ David

http://www.Tribegaming.com
Tribe [TRB] – Now Recruiting.