Older Gentleman looking for guild

in Guilds

Posted by: Doofus Overload.4061

Doofus Overload.4061

Hi Folks,

I’ve been playing for a while now on Aurora Glade but don’t play that often, bloomin real life getting in the way! but feel it’s about time I dipped my feet into the world of joining a guild to help me through the stuff I haven’t touched yet (dungeons primarily). I play as much as I can which is mostly a couple of evenings a week and weekends if I can but my wife has our first little person on the way so this will probably nose dive in a few months when it (we don’t know the sex yet) arrives!!! Anyhoo, I guess i’m looking for a smaller guild with hopefully a few more older folks (I say older but i’m still only a whipper snapper at 39) like me but this isn’t a deal breaker as I still feel 18 in my head (tis a shame my body didn’t get that memo!)
Cheers friends and fellow players

I’m rather partial to some cheese on toast

in Guilds

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Sent you a PM Doofus…

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Guilds

Posted by: AndromedaCat.3295

AndromedaCat.3295

Hi Doofus! (haha, saying “hi Doofus” made me giggle, which is sort of ridiculous, but you know… ;p)

Anyway, I wanted to pop in say hi and say that I think my community, MadCast Gaming might be a really good fit for what you’re looking for. We are a community, so we focus on more games than just GW2 but we’re trying to grow our GW2 group a little bit too.

You can find more information about us at madcastgaming.com but we’re a small-ish group. We believe in being casual and friendly; we all know real life comes first and we have a good range of ages in our group.

We believe in respectfulness, friendliness and fun above all. No real “requirements” of the guild beyond just being respectful and having fun. We do some things on set nights (some dungeon runs on Tuesdays, guild bounty hunts on wednesdays, etc.) but none of that has required attendance.

I’m still low-level so I often can’t even do those things yet, but I just hang out in our TS being a group cheerleader

We have an active TeamSpeak server we hang out on. Getting to chat with everyone, ask questions, have people ready and eager to party-up and do stuff together has been one of the best aspects to us in my opinion. You can find information on our teamspeak here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?6500-Intro-MadCast-Teamspeak-3-Server

Feel free to come check us out, send me a PM, just come chill in our TS some night.

Best of luck in finding a guild that suits you! ;D

in Guilds

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

Greetings Doofus,

Congrats on your pending addition to your family.

My guild is called The Gryphons Aerie and we’re a smaller, social, 18+ PvE/RP family on Tarnished Coast. Some of us also enjoy knocking some heads in WvsW and a touch of sPvP. Knowledge of, or participation in, RP is not required. We’ll teach you if you want to learn, but there’s no pressure.

We know that RL comes first and stress that fact. We’ll still be there even if you can’t for a bit of time. We enjoy helping each other and doing things together when possible. All you have to do is ask if you need help with something and we’ll do our best to come to your aid.

There is also no requirement to be representing us at all times. It’s not our business to tell you who you can and cannot associate with; that choice is yours alone. All we ask is that you give us some time too. We do have a TeamSpeak 3, but it’s use is on a purely optional basis. Most of our chatter is on the guild channel.

For more information…

…check out our post here on these forums:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Tarnished-Coast-The-Gryphons-Aerie-wants-you-to-join-the-family-Small-Social-PvX-RP

…or go directly to our website:
http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note or contact me in game (Aria Silverfyre) and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com